What's new

The Animu thread

Wrath

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Animu thread

Following suite for this "harem-esque" plus supernatural genre, I would recommend Toaru Majutsu no Index, as well as its spin off, Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.
I hear the manga is better, sadly.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Made me laugh...

Mai-Hime fits that description fairly well. I haven't seen all of it myself, but I generally liked what I saw. Although I believe it gets darker towards the second half.

There is another version under the name of Mai-Otome I believe, which I know nothing about.
Mai-Hime is good, and I would recommend both watching the anime and reading the manga. The writers have this thing where they use the same characters and identical settings, but a vastly different plot which means you essentially have 2 different stories.

Also, Mai-Otome uses most of the same characters, but the setting is different (Although, near the end, it seems as though Mai-Otome may be a ways into Mai-Hime's future after the events of the first were mostly forgotten).

Zoto

Lurker
Reputation score

Mai-Hime fits that description fairly well. I haven't seen all of it myself, but I generally liked what I saw. Although I believe it gets darker towards the second half.

There is another version under the name of Mai-Otome I believe, which I know nothing about.
EEEEH!!!?!?! i just started watching both of them, today before i read this post, im currently on ep 5 thats how recent i started watching them. (HiME that is) The animes are slightly different from the mangas in story, because in the manga the new kid is the "perv" in the start. can't remember his name now but... and mai and blue/black haired girl are fighting, and he gets in between and tehy figure out that he is the "key" to both their abilities/summoning thingys. hair girl har duran and mai has katsuchi or w/e.

sorry for rant, i don't know what i was trying to say but i dunno maybe try reading the mangas too.

Edit: i started reading to aru kagaku no railgun today as well, it dodnt quite catch me but i have only read the first chapter so far. This is really weord actually. the day i search up some ecchi supernatural anime is the day you guys here decides to do it too, or maybe just wondie but still... wavelenght dude...

Double edit: didnt read above post so i just said the same thing over again didnt i... oh well

triple:i laughed so hard here
Also i started watching Bastard! just because it sounded epic: In a postapocalyptic world of heavy metal fantasy, the only thing able to save humans from orcs, lizard men, and other monsters is something even MORE evil. Sealed within a 14-year-old boy, the chaotic wizard Dark Schneider is unleashed to fight four mighty generals and their plot to resurrect the evil god Anthrax!
And i recommend Happy World as well.

Last edited:
OP
W

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Zoto, brain-link man...

Anyways, I just started watching Rosario + Vampire, and it's ok... Not nearly as good as Omamori, but still good...

Zoto

Lurker
Reputation score

I've been looking for some horror/dark anime as well.
heres what i found:
Kurozuka: While Minamoto Yoshitsune was escaping from his elder brother, Minamoto Yoritomo, he encountered a beautiful woman named Kuromitsu living alone deep in the mountains. Before long, they fell in love with each other. However, she had a horrible secret – she was a vampire, an immortal.Yoshitsune was seriously injured by his pursuers, but he could survive by turning into a vampire through a blood ritual. Since then, they have continued their eternal journey, which began during the Kamakura Era, until the present day.

Bokurano: In a summer vacation, a group of 15 children discovered a mysterious man living in a seashore cave, along with his high-tech gadgets. The man claimed to be a game developer creating a video game with 15 giant robots defending Earth from alien invaders and asked those childs to test the game for him. The kids agreed happily at first, but soon they began to find the game horrifying, not only because of its realism but also for the first fatality among them happened right after their first victory. Worse yet, they had no idea how to stop or leave the "game."

It took a while for me to find this, but i finally found a site that lets you download and watch the streaming(onepieceofbleach.com didnt have it)

Can someone please tell me how to put things in spoiler tags, I can't figure it out.

Edit: Found another pretteh good ecchi-supernatural thingy, it's called Dragon half. it's a gag manga about a little girl who is haf\lf dragonand falls in love with a famos dragon slayer, so she goes on a search after a potion that makes her fully human, and that of course brings her and her friends to fight the demon lord Azatodeth.

Last edited:

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

{spoiler} hidden stuff goes here {/spoiler}

Replace { } with typical [ ] brackets. Simple. =)

Zoto

Lurker
Reputation score

Finally! + rep for you squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

No problem. Here's one other handy tip for if you ever want to know how someone else did something in their posts, absolutely anything. Just hit quote on their post and click the "Switch Editor Mode" button in the top right corner, just above the emoticons. Looks kinda like...

A
/A

It will show everything in it's basic code, without any of the preview stuff. It's how I learnt the other stuff like putting links in standard text (or even pictures) rather than a full length address. Or how Nunu was able to embed a flash file in a post.

It's also a handy button to remember when your formatting seems to have screwed up and won't unbold text or any other confusing mess up the auto format buttons can do sometimes.

Zoto

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, thanks I'll remember it, though i already knew the part with putting stuff in normal text though. but thanks

OP
W

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Ok, Dunno if anyone remember a picture with "Breast Missiles!" But I thought I should point out that it's from the second season of Rosario + Vampire...

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

It's not the only series either...

Edit: Mahoromatic. (or something like that)

OP
W

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

OK, should've thought of asking here earlier, but... I might be cosplaying tomorrow, and I was wondering if anyone could suggest some blond haired male characters I could dress as...

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

red mage

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, if you still need suggestions after all this time...

Either of the Elric brothers.
Ken from Street Fighter. (Might be the easiest on short notice)
Vaan or Basch from FFXIII
Tidus FFX
Cloud
Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury (Again, might be a wee bit easy on short notice)
Naruto (*snerk*)
A super saiyan Goku/Trunks/Gohan/Vegeta from DBZ
Yu-gi-oh (sorta)

That's about all I can do off the top of my head without delving into skimming down major lists and getting off on a websurfing tanget that can only end in bad things.

OP
W

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Thank you all for the suggestions,
I figured out who I'm going as (probably.) November 11 from Darker than Black. I'm also packing in my bag the clothes and equipment needed to swith to Apos from Mnemosyne if I feel the need for another character. These be simple people to cosplay... Dark clothes and a thick rim collar/neclace for Apos and a suit and a shirt for November...

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Can't really go wrong with the characters that just wear suits. Good call. The question will most likely be "Will you be recognized?" Followed shortly thereafter by "Will you care?" *laughs*

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

This is why you bring a small printout along with you, just to clear things up for those unawares. And good choice too.

OP
W

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes although I was wearing clothes... And it was so fucking hot in there that I changed into some other clothes after like an hour. Next year I think I'm doing Dr. McNinja.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Points for the Doctor! Good luck hunting down a lab coat. I think that might be the most difficult part. Or the stethascope.