Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Name pending(Erin/Quartz)

E 14 vs 20
A 5 vs 6 | 18 vs 7 | 5 vs 20 counter

Erin 4/5 MP 1/2 AP 1/10
Ants: 4/7
Another ant trying to bite her manages to get in the way, bursting into flames from her touch. Unfortunately she gets a face full of the poison sprayed into the air. It burns her throat slightly, causing her to cough as the ant still hanging onto her tries to sting her, but to no avail.

Last edited:

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Choking on whatever it was the ant had splashed her with and the stench of burning insect, she aims another burst of fire at the ant still stubbornly clinging to her leg. "Get off of me!" She yells at it as the flames leap from her fingertips.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

E 14 vs 8
A 15 vs 7 | 12 vs 14

Erin 3/5 MP 1/2 AP 1/10
Ants: 3/7
Just as the ant falls off of her leg, it's body smoking, another bites her from behind and the last ant, this one larger than the others, sprays yet more of the poison towards her, though she manages to avoid most of the effects.

Quartz

Reputation score

Spinning around on her assailant, Erin forms a ball of flame in her hand and tries to roast the last of the smaller ants with it. Sensing that the other larger ant probably wouldn't go down to this like the others have, she also starts the beginnings of a plan to deal with it in her head.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

E 15 vs 14
A 20 vs 8

Erin 2/5 MP 1/2 AP 1/10
Ants: 2/7
As the last of the smaller ants is incinerated, the large ant tackles her, pushing her to the ground.

Quartz

Reputation score

Whatever plan Erin had been concocting goes out of the window as the huge bug slams into her, knocking her flat on her back. Dizzy from the impact and panicking as the thing looms over her, she tries to bash the ant off of her with a wave of pure magical force.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

E 12 vs 10
A 11 vs 14

Erin 2/5 MP 1/2 AP 1/10
Ants: 1/7
A shockwave goes through the ant and though it tries to bring its stinger against Erin, it fails miserably. It still doesn't get off of her, though.

Quartz

Reputation score

Still trying to wriggle out from underneath the insect, Erin causes several nail sized spikes of ice to form in the air next to her and pelts it with them, trying to drive them through it's chitin.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

E 18 vs 20
A 14 vs 5

Erin 1/5 MP 1/2 AP 3/10
Ants: 1/7
The ice fails to materialize as the ant's stinger stabs into her thigh, pumping its poison into her. Erin starts to feel a strange heat that has nothing to do with how hot the air is.

Quartz

Reputation score

Gasping as she feels the ants stinger burrow into her leg, Erin keeps trying to force it off of her, another wave of force smashing into it.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

E 20 vs 17
The ant is thrown away from Erin and it collapses to the ground, lifeless.

Quartz

Reputation score

Still stunned from the fight, Erin sits up and does her best to calm herself and catch her breath. Still feeling the warm sensation from the linger poison, she can't help but run her fingers over where she had been stung. I wasn't expecting this to be so.. visceral.. But it's okay! They weren't going to actually hurt me. They can't actually hurt me. That poison was just.. Oh.. Her face turns crimson as her brain finally catches up and she realizes what the warmth she was feeling was. She immediately stops rubbing the spot on her leg and awkwardly stands up.

"I should probably get out of here. I'm sure everything in the jungle heard that racket." Grabbing the leather sack, she doesn't even bother to check to make sure she didn't damage the box before throwing it over her shoulder again. Instead, she sets off down the road again at a brisk pace. Whatever came to see what was going on would have to settle for some dead ants, because she was determined to be somewhere not there.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Erin starts moving, she can still feel the fatigue caused by the battle in her body, though already lessened from her short rest. Perhaps it's only her fatigue combined with the strange environment and the earlier attack, but she hasn't been walking for long before she feels something following her. There doesn't seem to be anything when she turns to look, however.

Quartz

Reputation score

As she spins around to look for what was watching her, Erin is ready to blast the first thing that she sees. She stands there for a moment scanning the edge of the treeline, but the overgrown plant life makes seeing anything practically impossible. Maybe it's nothing.. She thinks to herself as she slowly turns around and starts walking again, but the feeling of being watched remains. No.. there's definitely something there. Not knowing what else to do, she continues walking down the path, carefully listening for the slightest noise behind her.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Several times Erin thinks she hears something, but each time the sound doesn't repeat and she can't see anything. Eventually she arrives to the silver mine, to see several men standing outside and talking quietly.

Quartz

Reputation score

Erin lets out a sigh of relief as she sees the mine looming in the distance. The mile spent constantly glancing behind her and panicking at every little noise felt like it may as well have been ten. Drawing closer to the mine, she notices the men standing outside it and stops to ponder what they're doing out so far. Miners, I guess? Well, whoever they are, it looks like I'm probably going to have to talk with them if they're going to let me into the mine. Waving her hand as she approaches them, Erin calls out to the men. "Excuse me! Do you men work here?"

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

The men look surprised to see a young woman approaching. "Hello miss. Yeah, we work here. I'm the foreman, can I help you with something?" The oldest of the men says. There are two mine shafts, both carved clear of the jungle surrounding them and they both have rails going in with several carts waiting.

Quartz

Reputation score

"Oh good! That means you're exactly the person I need to talk to. I'm Erin and I work for the laboratory in the city. My boss told me that you have a problem with crystals and sent me here to help. Well, sort of. She sent me here to capture one of them for study. Hopefully that's not a problem for you, since it looks like work has already been interrupted." Erin replies, glancing over at the idle mine carts.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Well, well. The foreman pulls a map from one of the carts and shows to Erin. "See here? This chamber has two of them crystals. It's about 100 yards along the mainshaft and the third opening to the right. You think you need help capturing one?" The map shows that the tunnel curves slightly and stops soon after the said chamber.

Quartz

Reputation score

"Well, if you're offering to help, I certainly couldn't refuse it. I'd hate for one of you to get hurt on my behalf though." She says while peering at the roughly drawn map. "Is it just the crystals down there, or have other things moved in as well?"