What's new

The Colony

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Colony

"its fine by me umm whats going on anyways? other then sitting on a stool then waking up with doctor dolittle here on top of me i dont remember much"

*She walked along flexing her fingers waiting for these damned cuffs to be off her though they were a hindrance a runner's key aspect after all was running..hands could still help climb up places as long as they were in front of you*

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley chews on her lip as she listens to Kieras report while the group prepared to go through the door, and then says; "Kieria..... What's in the second barracks? Why is it sealed off?"

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Firelight Base: Freight Elevator (Subfloor 12 to Subfloor 1); Reya, Circe, Hali, Anne, Laina and Ashley.

"Civilian Ashley, I cannot tell you what's in the other side of the barracks due to some odd fluctuations with my scanners. I cannot tell you how many enemies there are, but I can tell you there were some sort creatures there before I shut down.

"Approaching Subfloor 1. Any further questions?"

Firelight: Barracks (Sub-floor 1); Kalica and Ruri.

Kiera shrugged, "Honestly? I have no idea. My data currently points to an invasion force of unknown hostiles striking the Titan Base."

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Well, shouldn't we at least take a look then?"

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Firelight Base: Freight Elevator (Subfloor 12 to Subfloor 1); Reya, Circe, Hali, Anne, Laina and Ashley.

"Given the... current state, of some of you... I'd imagine that may not be the best idea for you all. A fresh change of clothes, some ammunition, and some rest is best at this point.

"However, if you wish to continue this fight... I won't stop you with the Lieutenant-Commander's orders."

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

".....Well, I guess that sounds reasonable. Just make sure you give us some advance warning if anything tries to come in for us okay?"

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

"okay so we have been invaded in this cozy little base..and people are worried about me maybe having criminal connections? gotta love it..so how much longer till this person comes to set me loose? i might like ot have my personal effects back if i'm gonna defend myself here"

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

"Understood Keira." Circe put a hand on her bare hip as she waited for the elevator to climb. She didn't seem bothed by her nudity, though the tap of her pistol against her thigh showed that she was restless all the same.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

"Yeah, let's at least get some clothes and ammo before we figure out what to do next.." As her thoughts turned towards what the next move is, Laina suddenly realizes Kiera should be more helpful now that the overheating situation is resolved. "Kiera, are your sensors online enough to tell us what happened to the Titan Defense System? Was it destroyed outright in the attack?"

(Blargh, I dislike not knowing whether I need to post or not. I figure nows a good time to slip in some dialogue though.)

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

"A valid question, Mechanic Laina. While I can vouch for my own outer defense systems being in tact and now being fed ammo from my manufacturing wing and armory, I cannot tell you the current status of the overall Titan Defense Network. My current senors, placed throughout the colony, have all been disabled or destroyed during the invasion. Over the past week they've been taken by firefights. As for the current connections to other bases, I-"
Kiera's calm, calculating voice almost made it hard to digest the information, but Hali was the first one to bring it up:

"We've been awake for SEVEN DAYS?!" She shouted, the doors sliding open to reveal another pair of women: One with her hands cuffed behind her back, and another - most likely a medical doctor - holding the woman's bindings. Right next to them was an orange, iridescent holographic view of Kiera, showing as a young vixen woman.

Firelight: Barracks (Sub-Floor 1); Kalica, Ruri, Reya, Circe, Hali, Anne, Laina and Ashley.

"Here they are," Kiera's hologram said to Kalica, "We'll have Reya use her passcode to remove your bindings."

The doors slid open, three women standing in the front - a Marine, a Mechanic, and an Engineer - and three women stood in the back, all of them nude except for a small Pilot who claimed only her panties.
"...SEVEN DAYS?!" The red-head Engineer shouted.

"Yes," The hologram replied to Hali, "You've all been asleep for a week."

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*standing there tapping her foot waiting for this person in charge she blinked and turned her head towards the hologram* "excuse me? we have been asleep how long? holy crap that cant be healthy.."

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Laina tilted her head slightly in confusion. "A week..? I'm assuming that it was something the attackers did, but why us? If this place has been a battlefield for a whole week while we were sleeping in the middle of it all, why are we still okay..?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Wait.... we were out for a week? How?"

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"...Surely you're joking Kalicia. A week? How did we...a human's biological system doesn't allow us to live that long without life support or the like!"

((Rushed post on the go is short and rushed.))

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

"how should i know! thats just whjat the computer said..now somebody get these cuffs off me no wonder my hands feel so numb.."

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Circe listened quietly to the other girls before walking past the doctor and prisoner without a second look at them. "Kiera, we need to find out what has happened in that week. As your sensors don't extend very far from the base, that means leaving and finding another source of intelligence at least for the time being. In order to do that, we'll need to resupply. Several of us are lacking armor, is there any to be found on the base?" Circe didn't feel any shame at being naked, but she did feel vulnerable without any armor.

Last edited:

Hali

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, I'm not really worried about why we're alive persay..." I tapped my foot, "I'm more worried about why the defense fleet hasn't got to Titan yet... Commander? Any idea why the fleet wouldn't have come to restore order after seven whole days?"

I bit my lip, shifting my gaze back and forth... "Whats the plan Boss?" I asked, not wanting to put that pressure on her, but I was truly lost in terms of how to handle the situation.

(AP, Int)

OP
SilentSilth

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

((Gave everyone a chance to reply... Starting now. Also note, Quartz will be away for the weekend, so I'll be piloting his character as well as LDF's.))

"...It's Kiera.." The hologram corrected Reya, looking up at the ceiling, "I'm still calculating how the invading force accomplished such a task. As for the Defense Fleet, I'm afraid it will not be arriving. As far as I can tell, the signal was sent out, but I received a garbled message saying there was an issue within the inner colonies. There will not be any rescue until whatever this problem may be has been taken care of.

"And I have arranged the current officer's quarters on this floor to be your current rooms for the duration. If you look at your HUD, I've marked them clearly for you. Please, head to your room for new clothes and the small amount of ammunition I've drummed up for you; If you wish to try and alleviate my sensor issue, we'll need to plan out in the Command Center. Oh, and Lieutenant Commander?" The Hologram stopped Reya before she went towards her designated room, "Would you mind please removing Kalica's bindings? We could use her help."

The women all found a fresh change of clothing and armor inside of their room.
Current Equipment:
Circe: Light Armor (10 Dura), DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 7 clips), Hamliton Rifle (1 Round/Clip, 14 Rounds).
Hali: Light Armor (20 Dura), DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 7 clips), Genetic Sampling Kit.
Ashley: Civilian Clothes (7 Dura), DX2 Pistol (3 rounds/clip, 15 clips), Devlin Peacemaker (1 round/clip, 10 rounds), Access Card.
Reya: Heavy Armor (20 Dura), Jennings SA rifle (7 rounds/clip, 7 clips), DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 7 clips).
Anne: Jumpsuit (7 Dura), DX10 Pistol (4 rounds/clip, 8 clips).
Laina: Medium Armor (15 Dura), DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 7 clips), Omnitool
Kalica: Runner Clothes (5 Dura), Mod. DX5 (9 rounds/clip, 7 clips, Auto)
Ruri: Light Armor (10 Dura), DX8 Pistol (5 rounds/clip, 7 clips), Meditool (Heals d4 AP/d3 FP)

As the women exited there room, they were each greeted with a hologram of Kiera. The Hologram led each woman to the freight elevator, taking them up to the first floor, then up to the Command Center.

Standing just outside of the Commander's Post was Kiera, waiting for the entire group to arrive. Once they were all there, she began to explain the situation.

"Contrary to popular belief, this base cannot be run by itself... And I will need more than just the eight of you to keep this base functioning. We'll need a staff to get Firelight up and running at full strength; At least 10 key positions must be filled before I can take a complete support staff. I'd be able to find everyone we need almost instantly... but at the moment, my sensor network has been destroyed or disabled.

"That's where I need your help," She said, pulling up a small map of the area around Firelight, "I have, in total, four sensor nodes within two miles of the base," Four areas lit up on the map, "One to the Northwest, one to the Southwest, one to the East, and the last to the Northeast. The others around me have all been destroyed. With the four at my disposal activated, I'll be able to locate anyone nearby, while providing you greater tactical assistance from further away." The map disappeared, replaced by ten pictures on either side of Kiera; she pulled over the picture of a rabbit woman with black fur, hair, and pink eyes, the profile dangling in mid-air for the group.

"This is the Commander of Firelight Base, Cassandra Winters. If we get her first, I'll be able to do much more than what is currently available; in other words, the commands I have available will be nearly doubled. Finding Cassandra is of utmost importance... but we don't know where she's at.

"That's all I can tell you. I'm still crunching numbers on the invading threat. All I have to say is be careful; Human DNA allows you to...

"Procreate with other alien races," Kiera said after a few moments of silence, "These aliens are probably no different."

Current Open Missions:
Activate Northwest Node
Activate Southwest Node
Activate East Node
Activate Northeast Node
Find Commander Cassandra Winters

((I'll be posting the starting feats all of you have now unlocked... Tomorrow. I'm far too tired to keep this up.

Go ahead and form up teams or head out on your own. Do what you want from this point on; just keep in mind, if you decide to move 5 miles from Firelight, and you only have 5 EP, you will be stuck out in the Colony for a few hours.))

Guyver2216

Lurker
Reputation score

*looking over what was displayed she gave a shrug and started stretching her legs a bit "well i say lemme start on these sensor nodes..if someone wants to come with to help out its welcome but otherwise just gimme the know-how to get them up and running and i'll start being useful. i'll say that i wanna start on the east sensor node and then i'll probably swing to the northeast before making a trip back here for a checkup..anyone wanna throw their two cents in?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ashley paled visibly as Kiera reported that the rescue fleet wouldn't be showing p to save the day. The idea that they could just be abandoned out here was.... Unsettling. That, and the VIs mentioning of the aliens ability to impregnate her got her thinking about the original reason that she'd come to the base in the first place. Still, after a while she pulled herself together and said; "Well, I'd be willing to look around for the commander. With all of the turrets around, it's probably the safest job, but I know I'm not qualified to try and fix the sensors or watch someones back while they do it."