What's new

The Dark Lord's Trip - English H-Game (updated 2017-09-05)

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: The Dark Lord's Trip - English H-Game (updated 10/6)

is asking 2 months later considered being impatient
He posted an update on the 1st. He claims he disappeared because he had to work at a different job to help a family member in debt. He also said the next build would take "a while". Whenever I hear this phrase from Akabur, Dahr, or Xalijo I interpret it as "this is going to take so long you might as well forget it ever existed".

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Update, he said we should expect the next build this month. We'll see if that statement holds up as well as Dahr's "99% chance of it being done in April" comment regarding Iris Quest.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score

He posted an update on the 1st. He claims he disappeared because he had to work at a different job to help a family member in debt.
That first part sounds like the story of half the H games I've ever seen.... :p

-BB

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's been like 7 months since we last saw an update. Hope to see Lola tittays!

veraleth

Demon Girl
Reputation score

It's been like 7 months since we last saw an update. Hope to see Lola tittays!
yeah, 7 months...considering it references events from princess trainer gold it seems it took less time to create what we have now.

xXHaseoXx

Tentacle God
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

H Games are usually created because a guy has a boner and he doesn't know what to do with it.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New update on his patreon page.

-BB

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Still haven't tried this game yet. Always meant to.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Unless the new content is extremely well hidden both in-game and in the files, almost nothing has been added. No new sex scenes, two quests that lead to nothing, indicators showing when content is unavailable, and new zones with nothing to do in them save for one or two where there's more inaccessible content. Complete waste of time IMO.

Last edited:

demilupo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Unless the new content is extremely well hidden both in-game and in the files, almost nothing has been added. No new sex scenes, two quests that lead to nothing, indicators showing when content is unavailable, and new zones with nothing to do in them save for one or two where there's more inaccessible content. Complete waste of time IMO.
This was the first build I've played. Is the cemetary new? Changelog said that he added Mavis, but when I clicked on her, it wasn't available in this build.

But yeah, seemed like he added a lot of boring but necessary improvements and no new scenes.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This was the first build I've played. Is the cemetary new? Changelog said that he added Mavis, but when I clicked on her, it wasn't available in this build.

But yeah, seemed like he added a lot of boring but necessary improvements and no new scenes.
The cemetery is new, you can kill some stuff and go underground but everything is unavailable including Mavis. Kind of insane that it took 9 months for mostly quality of life stuff.

sudieken

Demon Girl
Reputation score

finished playing. lmao that change log. 9 months later we can't progress the story or relationships with any characters but thank god he added random rooms to npc houses that will never serve any purpose and a million different graphics for NPCs no one cares about.

i mean i'm not going to say he's lazy because he did a lot, but he needs to work out his priorities here. this is all stuff that should have been done over time with patches that expand the story. it's all fluff.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

i mean i'm not going to say he's lazy because he did a lot, but he needs to work out his priorities here. this is all stuff that should have been done over time with patches that expand the story. it's all fluff.
Uh, also, that sorta fluff shouldn't be 9 months of work. I'm a real RPGmaker novice and I could fill a village with semi-interactable people in a few days. A week, tops.

demilupo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Uh, also, that sorta fluff shouldn't be 9 months of work. I'm a real RPGmaker novice and I could fill a village with semi-interactable people in a few days. A week, tops.
Keep in mind that he's also doing all of the character art by hand, coding, and writing himself. But yeah, for 9 months, there were probably the usual side-project hangups considering he doesn't make all that much from his patreon.

hugo77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Keep in mind that he's also doing all of the character art by hand, coding, and writing himself. But yeah, for 9 months, there were probably the usual side-project hangups considering he doesn't make all that much from his patreon.
He doesnt make much because lack of meaningful updates discourages people from pledging. Creator should prove himself of being trustworthy and able to release good content at reasonable pace not "gimme money and maybe i will make something... someday...in my spare time"

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't forget he had to stop working on the game for a few months if I remember correctly.

So 9 month, yeah but minus the time where he was not working!

Games take times and the more you have to create thing for it, the longer it takes.

Some people complains about the recents RPGmaker games that use Daz model, saying the creators are lazy.

But when a creator decide to completly create all the things by his own hands, they complains about the time it takes!

Funny guys...

Keyen

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Some people complains about the recents RPGmaker games that use Daz model, saying the creators are lazy.

But when a creator decide to completly create all the things by his own hands, they complains about the time it takes!

Funny guys...
Your point would be valid if nobody was able to do custom art and things in a reasonnable time. Hint, it's wrong. Several patreon are giving monthly update with good amount of content, and without using the shitty Daz3D thing.

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Your point would be valid if nobody was able to do custom art and things in a reasonnable time. Hint, it's wrong. Several patreon are giving monthly update with good amount of content, and without using the shitty Daz3D thing.
Yes but every person is different. For some it will be easy to draw what they have in mind. For others, it will took more time to get what they want.

Some will be at 100% on the project, others will have difficulties in their life and can't be every day in front of their screen

All I want to say it's stop being so impatient. If you're not a patron, you have no reason to be worried about the project or the time it take.

We're talking about guys who do that by passion, it's not their job and, if the project failed, the saddest person will be the creator who spend time in a thing he wanted to share.

So stop complaining or put the pressure on the creator, it surprisingly didn't help.

"Patience is a virtue wich is get with patience" Alessandro Morandotti

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Don't forget he had to stop working on the game for a few months if I remember correctly.

So 9 month, yeah but minus the time where he was not working!

Games take times and the more you have to create thing for it, the longer it takes.

Funny guys...
Yeah but even crappy Daz games tend to progress the story at a reasonable rate. This guy spent 7 (accounting for the time he was MIA) months working on the most pointless stuff imaginable. It's almost a year later and we can't go any further in the story because he saw fit to give every 1 liner NPC in the game 5 portrait variants for no reason. It's baffling.

Last edited:

Legrandxav

Lurker
Reputation score

Apparently, Logan release an updated public demo yesterday.

mega:#!KQUAASjC!72LLySt_s9HGm4Jkv5ihxjsl2t6rV50wgL7qIRZdhk0