The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Dividing Line - Medical Bay

In this moment Thall returns, dripping wet and waving a mask-like device. "I got it!" He steps over to the passed out Ashotur and for a moment looks back and forth between the mask and the alien. "Now... how to apply this. Hmmm." He raises his head, looks at the mask one more time - and pushes the apparatus into the Ashotur's open mouth. "Yeah, that seems to fit. Now to attach that cable here to the collar... aaaaand done."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"So now he'll be able to talk?" Krysta asked curiously.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods. "It's rather fascinating. Has something to do with the vibrations that the gills cause. The Telarin have several theories."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Oh goody..." she said dryly, "At least now we'll be able to figure out why he wanted to hurt us."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If he wakes up anytime this century."

He seems to think for a moment longer then abruptly says, "Thall, a word privately for a moment if you would."

He doesn't wait, and steps just outside of the Medical Bay, and into the hall.

((Not sure if their convo should be posted still in this thread or in another, so will leave that to you Rule.))

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall nods. "Sure. Mara, hold the rifle for a moment." He steps outside the door and turns towards Draven. "Oh... by the by, you're still in Bentari form, do you know that?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He blinks for a moment then narrows his eyes. "Uh... oops? No I didn't know, one second then."

He shifts to take on a more human looking appearance, and one might wonder where he got the particular form from.

"I don't want that Ashotur seeing my natural form just yet, just in case he manages to get loose again. I want at least one surprise for him left. He seemed to know what a Bentari was, so I don't want to see just yet if he knows what an Ingrali is."

He pauses for another moment then says to Thall. "Alright, something isn't right here. His ship activated at exactly the same time the rest of the station did. That's too fast to be a program to bring it online if the station is. My fear is that ship may actually be tied into the station's systems, if it is, we need to know. Another thing, why the hell IS that ship here? It's collected enough 'dust' on it to suggest it has been here a while. Why WAS this station abandoned anyway?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Thall tilts his head to think. "Well... My theory is that this Ashotur somehow managed to escape the extinction and took shelter here, sinking into some kind of hibernation. And you can't know if it wasn't a program. You noticed yourself that the hull of the Mako does funny things to our sensors." He crosses his arms. "Well, logically thinking he could not be the only one that got away from the fleets and the NOVA." He says that last word with an intense distaste.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven nods a moment then says, "let's just pray there aren't any more on the station. I remember bits about the NOVA, though my memory is sketchy on it. Either way, things have been heavily complicated with this and the mutated fungal creature. Are you planning to inform the General yet or no?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That's Nadia's decision, she's responsible for contact with the Directorate. But there's not really anything else we can do, right? All of this is huge news, and the Alliance needs to know." He sighs. "This has exhausted me. I'll go and claim a quarter before all the good ones are taken." He turns towards the elevator as if to leave, but stops for another moment. "Look towards the former Ashotur territory for a cluster of stars with a big hole in it. That's NOVA."

Last edited:

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven blinks. "The galactical void within our own galaxy? Your... Shit your not joking."

A moment passed then he said, "I should probably report in to Nadia then if she's the one I need to. Thanks."

He moves off several feet then activates his comm system. "Nadia, this is Draven, what's your twenty? Er, rather, where are you, and do you have time to talk for a minute privately?"

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm in the Command Center, preparing my report. Drop by any time."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Copy that, I'll be there shortly."

He walks back into the Medical Bay and catches Mara's eye for a moment. "Mara, you be alright here with Krysta for a bit with that weapon? I need to have a quick chat with Nadia in the Command Center."

He waits to be certain if she will be alright, or if he should call for someone else.

OP
Rule 34

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The helmet of her Grav suit bobs up and down for a nod. "I'll be alright. He looks like he'll be out for a while." She pads her own weapon, the short pipe in a hip holster. "I'm... how do you say... strapped?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven tilts his head for a moment then says, "I think the human term for it is, 'your packing heat'?"

He shakes his head, chuckling a little bit as he heads for the door. "Radio if you folks need anything."

Just like that, he's gone.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven returned, and just before entering the Medical Bay, reshifted into a human form. He had hoped that if Sanya woke, it would be while he was in his true form, but she hadn't. Now he had no choice, he needed to make certain the Ashotur did NOT know what he was right now. Finishing his shift, he entered the medical bay and gently set her down on one of the beds, as far away and out of sight from the Ashotur as he could.

"Krysta, you have another patient."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Sanya felt an odd sensation around her. Wait a second... it was Draven... and he was carrying her. He... shifted forms. And... patient? She said she was fine didn't she? "Ah... Draven? I'm... fine, really!"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To his credit, he didn't jump, but turned around slowly so she could get accustomed to his human form.

"Sanya, let's have Krysta make certain ok? Nadia asked me to bring you here just to be safe, and that is what I have done."

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Sighing, Sanya replied, "Fine." She wasn't feeling her best... but it wasn't THAT bad. It could be worse. She could be like... that... fish thing? She stared at the strange aquatic alien. Okay... how much DID she miss while unconscious and napping?

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Draven catches her looking over at the Ashotur and shakes his head. "Yeah, we got ourselves a live Ashotur as a prisoner."

He quickly fills her in on his battle with the creature, as well as whatever else he knows.

"Apparently you got a nasty little jolt from hooking up to that machine, so we just want to be sure it didn't mess anything up."