What's new

The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

Try looking in military bases, specifically ones with combat arms. Alistair is a soldier, trained from a young age to be a killer. I've noticed, through my experience, that folks with some of the most serious jobs in the world, tend to be the zaniest off work.
That was really insightful, I'm impressed.
I'm pretty surprised that they managed to put that much work into character though, unless it's just a coincidence.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That was really insightful, I'm impressed.
I'm pretty surprised that they managed to put that much work into character though, unless it's just a coincidence.
Thank you. Just something I've noticed. Again, I could be completely wrong with it though. I've only viewed and worked with a small majority of the populace whose occupational description is detailed as: "To close with and destroy the enemy, regardless of geographical location, weather, time etc."

And its Bioware. They tend to put a fair amount of time and work into their stories and characters.

Cappy

Reputation score

I had no idea they investigated that far into it,
I would assume most would just find an interesting character and wing with it rather than find something that fits, unless of course it's the main character,
but you kind of shape that part yourself, or at least you're supposed to.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I had no idea they investigated that far into it,
I would assume most would just find an interesting character and wing with it rather than find something that fits, unless of course it's the main character,
but you kind of shape that part yourself, or at least you're supposed to.
For the first part... what do you mean?

As for video games and characters, especially pertaining to Bioware, they are making large scale interactive stories really. They want you to be able to enjoy the side characters for who they are just like in a movie or book. The main character is of course shaped by you. Bioware has done some great work in making it feel as if your choices have impact.

Cappy

Reputation score

I see, well on other news, on a whim I ordered Fallout 3 over Amazon today,
because I couldn't bring my old copy in SA with me when I moved.
And I must say I'm looking forward to it.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

One thing that amuses me with Bioware's system (I'm mostly referring to the KOTOR games, which I thoroughly enjoyed) is that you can do something unspeakably evil and the choice isn't damning. Compare this with real life:

In real life, if I'm generous with my money, kind to everyone, helpful, etc., I'm generally considered by most to be a good person. If I then turn around and murder a person in cold blood for a profit, or rape someone, or even go on national TV and use a racial slur, I go straight from being a good person to being a REALLY BAD person. It doesn't really matter how good I am after that, either -- the publicly known evil act will follow me to the grave. Just imagine if we found out that Mother Theresa ate a baby once.

In these games, you can generally make the occasional damning choice, and as long as you're on good behavior for a little while, there's not even a serious impact to your alignment. I doubt I'm the first person to notice this or point it out, but I do find it somewhat funny.

Cappy

Reputation score

Mother Theresa DID eat a baby, I saw her do it, I still respect her.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Well tbh Alistair did have some pretty tough shit happen during his life. Poor guy... I just want to hug him and make it all go away *gigglesnort*

A military base eh? Maybe I'll start looking at my local military with a more critical eye xD

In other news: I love my job.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

One thing that amuses me with Bioware's system (I'm mostly referring to the KOTOR games, which I thoroughly enjoyed) is that you can do something unspeakably evil and the choice isn't damning. Compare this with real life:

In real life, if I'm generous with my money, kind to everyone, helpful, etc., I'm generally considered by most to be a good person. If I then turn around and murder a person in cold blood for a profit, or rape someone, or even go on national TV and use a racial slur, I go straight from being a good person to being a REALLY BAD person. It doesn't really matter how good I am after that, either -- the publicly known evil act will follow me to the grave. Just imagine if we found out that Mother Theresa ate a baby once.

In these games, you can generally make the occasional damning choice, and as long as you're on good behavior for a little while, there's not even a serious impact to your alignment. I doubt I'm the first person to notice this or point it out, but I do find it somewhat funny.
Mother Theresa DID eat a baby, I saw her do it, I still respect her.
A couple of someone's have been watching Yahtzee, I see...

And Hope's comments makes me think about a letter and articles I've read about "Heavy Rain." Now that game (supposedly, haven't played it) *really* amps up the consequences factor. I mean, you fuck up and your character dies? There's no game over. The game goes on without you. Or, I should say, without that character. Still, it really hits the morally grey mark, as opposed to the typical "puppies and kittens" vs. "ate a baby" black and white that some games give you.

And to stay on topic, yeah, I love Alistair, too. Adorable, awkward goof that he is. My first playthrough, I was all set for Zevran (whom I also love very much) and then I started talking to Alistair and couldn't help but fall for the boy. Not to say I just love the male charries. I love the female ones, too. Sin's right. Bioware makes some kickass NPCs. There's times I just wish they did *more* interactions.

I agree with Chib's, too. Would love to pull the boys out of the game, though I'd have to share with my other friend. I stand by my one flair: If guys from video games were real, I'd be such a whore.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I agree with Chib's, too. Would love to pull the boys out of the game, though I'd have to share with my other friend. I stand by my one flair: If guys from video games were real, I'd be such a whore.
Yeah... if the girls from video games and anime were real, I'd be more of a man-whore than I currently am.

... Actually "man-slut" is more of a proper term, since I don't get paid for it, generally speaking. I just really really like it.

And I'm pretty sure this is a sentiment shared by the whole of my gender.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

And to stay on topic, yeah, I love Alistair, too. Adorable, awkward goof that he is. My first playthrough, I was all set for Zevran (whom I also love very much) and then I started talking to Alistair and couldn't help but fall for the boy. Not to say I just love the male charries. I love the female ones, too. Sin's right. Bioware makes some kickass NPCs. There's times I just wish they did *more* interactions.

lol, Zevran is pretty damn awesome now that I have him <3 And the female characters are amazing. Not too fond of Morrigan though tbh...

And you are not the only one. >:3

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I kinda wish I knew anything at all about this game.

Oh well, I'm just happy you ladies are excited about something.

Cappy

Reputation score

Yeah... if the girls from video games and anime were real, I'd be more of a man-whore than I currently am.

... Actually "man-slut" is more of a proper term, since I don't get paid for it, generally speaking. I just really really like it.

And I'm pretty sure this is a sentiment shared by the whole of my gender.
Damn right, Ms.Pacman is sexy.
Same goes for various other cartoony females that don't resemble the human shape or anatomy very closely.

Oh, and the ones that do resemble human anatomy closely, pretty much everything fictional that isn't completely repelling.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Damn right, Ms.Pacman is sexy.
Same goes for various other cartoony females that don't resemble the human shape or anatomy very closely.

Oh, and the ones that do resemble human anatomy closely, pretty much everything fictional that isn't completely repelling.
Yeah, I got something she can Pac on... especially since she's all lips and tongue, and no teeth.

Cappy

Reputation score

Yeah, I got something she can Pac on... especially since she's all lips and tongue, and no teeth.
Is it against the rules for me to post rule 34 here, well I'll put it in a spoiler tag with a warning just in case, which I do with most pics anyways, apart from the warning thing.

WARNING: CONTAINS MS.PACMAN HAVING SEX WITH GHOSTS AND MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO PARTICULAR VIEWERS.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Didn't have to have the warning that big Cappy... just type in www.ulmf.org and check out our warning page... yeah, that should clear up whether or not you can post it. However, a simple spoiler tag helps keep the page clean.

Back to Dragon Age. First time through as a human noble, I fell for Lelianna. Loved her muchly for some reason, and I did really want to snuggle up to Morrigan. Now I'm going through as a female Dalish Elf and gunning for Zevran, just to play the field, so to speak.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I think after my experience with the female Dalish I'm going to go through as a Male, and play with Zevran. Since it's actually possible. xD

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Morigan and Alistair are straight, Zevran and Lelliana are bisexual, giving either gender three options, one of which will be a homosexual relation, and two heterosexual ones.

To actually get to court Lelliana as a female, you need to ask her if she enjoys the company of women during one of the conversations that comes up.

Cappy

Reputation score

Wait you can have buttsecks with Zevran?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wait you can have buttsecks with Zevran?
Considering it doesn't actually show anything, I'm going to assume you can have whatever kind of sex is possible between your character and Zevran. Buttsecks included.