What's new

The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

doublepost, but for a great reason.

I fucking LOVE Zombieland.

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

i love people who vote for my cyoas and then give me advice on how to improve. cause it helps in my actual writtings of real stories

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

doublepost, but for a great reason.

I fucking LOVE Zombieland.
Zombieland is teh awesome. I saw it when it was in theatres! I fell in love. Unfortunately Zombieland didn't love me back as much, and soon left me alone and depressed.

It'll come back though. I know soon enough I'll walk into the local video store, and there Zombieland will be, begging for me to take it back.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Zombieland is teh awesome. I saw it when it was in theatres! I fell in love. Unfortunately Zombieland didn't love me back as much, and soon left me alone and depressed.

It'll come back though. I know soon enough I'll walk into the local video store, and there Zombieland will be, begging for me to take it back.
I have it on my computer.

-ninja-

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I love just sitting out in the middle of nowhere and watching it snow. Som of you would be amazed at how wonderful it is to not have anyone else around for 30 miles in every direction. I also love not having city lights and actually seeing complete darkness outside for once.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love just sitting out in the middle of nowhere and watching it snow. Som of you would be amazed at how wonderful it is to not have anyone else around for 30 miles in every direction. I also love not having city lights and actually seeing complete darkness outside for once.
WANT D:

remind me to save my money and take a vacation to somewhere where it's snowing... need money for gas... food... a cabin somewhere... this is more complicated than i thought.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It is beautiful ain't it?

Though when it started snowing I earlier last week I stared at it for a few seconds thinking "What the fuck is thi... oh right snow".

Heh, haven't seen it for two years.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

SNOW? YOU FOOLS!!!

Snowww.... I hates it. (Lake effect snow 9 months of the year = very much tired very much quick)

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Quit yer whining I get lake effect snow, too. Damn you Lake Michigan! I still love it though, it's even better when you're on vacation somewhere and you don't have to go anywhere in it. No need to shovel that's why they have cross country skiing.

All I needed money for was the gas to get there, borrowed a friends cabin, and there was plenty of food around. Though you did have to catch it first.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't understand liking snow. I like watching snow, that's about it. Snow is cool when you're inside and it's cool when it's on the ground. NO WHERE IN BETWEEN

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love playing Worms: Mayhem

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I love playing Worms: Mayhem
:D I love those games.

Worms and Exile are what started me going on video games, though Mayhem was kinda 'meh' for me. The graphics were pretty good, but getting around was too much of a pain in 3d when you're working with worms.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

<3 worms. …Armageddon, anyway. Haven’t tried the 3D ones. Don’t know if want…

I utterly love video games. The game that started my gaming was probably Packman. More importantly, amongst too many others to count or even remember, the games that made me addicted were Dyna Blaster, Krypton Egg, and strangely, some early Starwars FPS that scared me shitless as a child, and yet I would always watch my father play.
(Which by no means meant it was a scary game - all games worse than Packman had the tendency to scare me up till about age 13… First time I played Starcraft – 8y/o, I think – I ended up curling into a ball and not moving till someone came and consoled me, all caused by my first sight of Creep on Terran 2.) …Oh, and some platformer game with children using garbage bin lids as shields and involving slime… A Google search for key terms just now revealed this to be 'twin' games Math Rescue and Word Rescue. Man, I loved those…

Tassy, as a fan of Avernum, would you think I’d enjoy going through Exile? Considering I find the graphics to be worse in Exile, and that the plot and (probably) dungeons are going to be the same as Avernum’s, I haven’t bothered with it yet.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong post for the comment I edited in. :eek:

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

What got me hooked on games was watching my mom play Zelda.

Also, I love Planet 51. I laughed so hard i cried.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

<3 worms. …Armageddon, anyway. Haven’t tried the 3D ones. Don’t know if want…

I utterly love video games. The game that started my gaming was probably Packman. More importantly, amongst too many others to count or even remember, the games that made me addicted were Dyna Blaster, Krypton Egg, and strangely, some early Starwars FPS that scared me shitless as a child, and yet I would always watch my father play.
(Which by no means meant it was a scary game - all games worse than Packman had the tendency to scare me up till about age 13… First time I played Starcraft – 8y/o, I think – I ended up curling into a ball and not moving till someone came and consoled me, all caused by my first sight of Creep on Terran 2.) …Oh, and some platformer game with children using garbage bin lids as shields and involving slime… A Google search for key terms just now revealed this to be 'twin' games Math Rescue and Word Rescue. Man, I loved those…

Tassy, as a fan of Avernum, would you think I’d enjoy going through Exile? Considering I find the graphics to be worse in Exile, and that the plot and (probably) dungeons are going to be the same as Avernum’s, I haven’t bothered with it yet.

EDIT: Whoops, wrong post for the comment I edited in. :eek:
The six characters instead of 4 really makes a difference, and I like the talking a lot more in Exile than in Avernum, since you don't have to pick through a handful of given options. Also, Magic in Exile beats the crap out of Magic in Avernum. The dungeons and plot are mostly the same in the stock scenarios, though Avernum has a few more than Exile now (BoA came with one more scenario than BoE, and I think they're up to Avernum 4 or 5 at this point.) Avernum is also slightly harder to navigate in. Still, they're great games, and I think Spiderweb has some deal where you get all of the Exile games in a pack these days if you're buying them.

Which Zelda?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

The first one. For regular nintendo. And a Link to the Past, for the SNES

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I love games as well, my first favorite being crystallis for NES. Though I also liked missile command and asteroids for atari when I was a wee little person.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

bOh, and some platformer game with children using garbage bin lids as shields and involving slime… A Google search for key terms just now revealed this to be 'twin' games Math Rescue and Word Rescue. Man, I loved those…
Those games were awesome!!! I can't believe someone else played them.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

The game that got me hooked on gaming was um.. (let me think back...)

Ok there were three, pretty much in chronological order.

1. DOOM. (Dad always beat me, but never the game. I have now beaten both him and the game, and many, many mods... yes I do still play DOOM)

2. Super Mario Bros. (THE FIRST ONE ON THE SNES)

3. Diablo I. Yep, my first RPG. Still classic. Love it.

Now however my gaming experience is dominated mainly by L4D and Halo 3 on my 360, Warcraft 3 TFT and Diablo 2 LOD on the pc and LOTR: The Third Age on my GBASP.

Anyway...

I LOVE DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS. IT IS MADE OF WIN AND AWESOME. GO PLAY IT. NOW.

Lurker
Reputation score

The first game I ever played was Dr. Mario, because it came with the NES I got. I grew up on Super Mario (3 was always my favorite, but I had the first one too), Zelda (Take this, it's dangerous out there), and Final Fantasy (the very first one, apparently named named 'Final Fantasy because Squenix thought they were going bankrupt and would never be able to male another game.) I also loves the crap out of Kirby. My Sega Genisis came with a game called Columns, but I always liked The Lost Vikings better. I didn't get another game box until the PS2, and the inaugural game was a gift as opposed to a package deal: Gauntlet: Dark Legacy. For quite some time I didn't have a memory card, and so every game was a race against time, and whenever we turned it off we had to start again. I didn't get an Xbox for quite some time, and I got it with a pile of games from a friend. The first game here was probably Halo, but it came with a pile and I was eager to give everything a go, so I don't quite recall. My favorite was probably Stubbs the Zombie, which everyone ought to try at least once. The 360 got Crackdown (which I love and would claim to be entirely underrated if not for the impending sequel), and the PS3 got Little Big Planet. I was never big on PC gaming, on account of I never really had a gaming PC and so never really went for PC games. Eventually I'll have a dedicated desktop and catch up on ten years of good games. Even so my first RTS was probably Age of Empires.

I love video games.