What's new

The Nearly Dead Community Game

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: The Nearly Dead Community Game

Wolf: The idea I had was something similar to Dead Frontier or similar zombie games. The only problem is that to show the effects of defeat the screen perspective would have to change somehow, which could make things play awkwardly. It WOULD be easier to code theoretically though.

Squid: I'll consider that. Most of the enemies wouldn't differ too radically from each other. Flyers, hoppers, walkers essentially. The only big difference would be that I intend to have a lot of different creatures with a lot of different attacks. I'm not sure yet if I can externalize everything as cleanly as I'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can definitely see complications with the Dead Frontier(birds-eye-view) aspect, at least as far as fappage goes.

Based completely on my own opinion, side-screen has the advantage of fappage, and birds-eye has the advantage of game play.

But, I digress, we're in a drought of Run or Rape games, so either would be awesome.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

A quick/simple solution would be to use birds eye view for the gameplay, but it switches to a 2d scene when the rape starts(Since you will only be busy with things raping the girl at that time). If the player for some reason decides not to let the girl get raped, and escapes, the view simply returns to birds eye view to continue the game.

Or you can mix the two, one level in birds eye view, one in 2d, one in birds eye..Etc. I think Contra 3 did this.

OP
Giron

Giron

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, for the moment I'm sticking to side-scrolling view. I managed to get aiming and the basic enemies in again, but I'm only going to be able to go gameplay for now. I don't have the tools for graphics here at home. If side-scrolling works well I might make a top down prototype just for the fun of it. My biggest fear is that when using top down, if the heroine loses all her "armor" then every time anything hits her it will switch to a seperate screen. If this happens several times then it could be quite annoying for anyone actually playing the game for the game's sake.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Hi person that I don't really know.

For the top-down perspective, you don't really need to switch views. I'd think you could just have like a rectangle reach in to the top half or like either side, with the pic/animation stuff of what's happening. Then, when you escape, the rectangle just slides back out. It probably wouldn't need to cover the whole screen, so it'd be less dizzying if it kept switching.

Just my idea.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

I LIVE

THE GAME LIVES

ALL IS GOOD AGAIN

:p

Personally, I think you should work on gameplay first, and add in the pr0n once the mechanics and story progression are set. It can have nice sex scenes, but still suck if the game doesn't play right >.<

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I LIVE

THE GAME LIVES

ALL IS GOOD AGAIN

:p

Personally, I think you should work on gameplay first, and add in the pr0n once the mechanics and story progression are set. It can have nice sex scenes, but still suck if the game doesn't play right >.<
What he said.