The Ranting/Debate Thread

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

Well in all honesty, I'm thinking/hoping they won't completely hold back the idea for the fourth weapon to the loser. I mean they must have thought it up already, so I doubt they'd just let it go and I don't think any single class would have more weapons than anyone else. So considering spy and sniper don't have 3 weapon slots, but 3 new weapons between 2 slots, hopefully after they've rounded the classes, they'll start giving 4th weapons and maybe more, starting with the loser of this update. Or something along those lines.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Sniper= Sniper rifle, SMG, Kukri = Two slots?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sniper rifle/Huntman]-----|Two
SMG/Jarate/Razorback]--|slots
Kukri

Three weapons given available only in two slots.

*edit* and I will say the targe is potential but I have no idea how that would work in action, I unfortunately know what it's like to be nailed by a rocket, so there's not much to assume there.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Oh I see now. I read that wrong. Sorry.

Also, I really hate the fact that the Eyelander reduces your max health. Sure you get more for every kill, but that's only if you weren't riddled with bullets by the time you got to the enemy.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Indeed it does.

I suppose the main reason I like submission, is because I'm a fan of corruption.
CURRUPSHUNNNNNN!!!!

Definitely agreed x4. Unfortunately it's really hard (if not impossible) to capture corruption in a single image, so it's a bit harder to find than vanilla tentacle goodness.

Also, you guys' debate about TF2 is making me want to buy it. STOP IT NAO. Can't afford it =P

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm calling it. The numbers are fixed and it will end up a tie. Soldier and Demo will make up, exclusive weapon to all, and rainbows all around... well, maybe not rainbows. Don't want to make the scout cry .

In all seriousness, atm, Valve threw out two fun sidegrades for the demo and one efficient sidegrade for the soldier. I say the demo's last update will be a srs weapon called the Scotsman's Resolve. The soldier will get the bugle which calls the horde and a pet eagle like Bloodhawk.. So it shall be!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

OMG BLOODHAWK SO OVERPOWERED. But that's a conversation for another time.
Anyway, does the eyelander even actually give you hp? It said it increased your MAX health, but I don't ever automatically assume that means your current hp level.
Hey, I see myself. Haha, I didn't know you ever played with me Obe.

I think the numbers are probably fixed too, but I don't know if they'd still end it in a perfect tie. Though both getting the weapons is probably going to happen in any long run.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

HP is nerfed when equipped like with the sandman, but with each kill, your speed and HP increases by a bit up to a limit of four or something.

I want to guess who you are... -HG- Toxic? :O

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That didn't really answer anything, and nah man, i was just pulling your twat, I'm not there.

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm so goddamn useful.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well, I guess the easy thing is to assume your current hp level increases as well, but they don't specifically say that.

expect a decrease in your max health at the outset. However, once the blade feeds on neck, you’ll receive a boost in max health and speed.
So let's say it decreases your hp to 150 when you spawn, and you're currently at 93% speed.
Then during a battle with someone, you take 50 damage, putting you at 100/150. When you kill him with the eyelander. Speed would increase to probably 100%. But it only says Max health, so would it put you at 100/175? I'm assuming they mean 125/175. That would seem obvious, but I'm a stickler for detail.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think that's being a stickler in this case. It isn't really that clear this time. But I'm pretty sure it's the latter. Free health for every kill just doesn't seem like something Valve would do, the assholes.

On the other hand, the pickaxe seems kind of a shitty deal. They get one new rocket launcher, which was incredible. And then they get a bugle, which is just as impressive. But the pickaxe... Is kinda just there. It makes you stronger as you get more damaged? Then where's the incentive to use the shovel now?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Are they encouraging people to set up their achievements? Kill 5 fully healed heavies in 1 sticky detonation?

OP
Obeliskos

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The Bugle is the definitive sidegrade. It offers a lot and is very helpful for situations but you get rid of your trusty shotgun for it...

The pickaxe is going to get nerfed. Calling it now.

DarkFire1004

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

Doubt it. My guess is that the shovel will just get something new. (Trenches please)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

So yeah. I found out what a 'surfing' server was today. While I managed to get the basic hang of it, I don't think I'll actively seek any out anytime soon >.<

Also, I'm loving the Scout, but I NEED STUFFS. I don't have all the equipment my buddies do when I mooch off of them, and I never really understood how to find stuff o.o

Still having fun, just annoying when the other Scouts come up with a Shotgun that knocks me halfway across the map just because that's what it does, and I can't do it back to them >.>

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

You find stuff by playing.

That's it, you just play. You randomly get stuff and every milestone achievement gets you a weapon for that class. They were working on trading though, so maybe eventually people can trade their stuff.

I think they made too much achievements for the Eyelander though, and not enough for other demoman things.

And now, for the thread, a rant.

It's about an old game I started playing again when I got bored(Heroes of might and magic IV).
What I did remember was the awesome storytelling and well made gameplay.
What I did not remember was that the people making the campaigns/stories are sadistic assholes.

Starting a player off in an easy campaign, on easy difficulty, the player gets a level 21 hero(Strong), and a few high level creatures(Also strong). The enemy gets a full army, including several times the high level creatures the player has, a level 30 hero that reduces damage dealt to his forces by 50%, and gives a 50% attack bonus(And he can wrestle dragons. Naked, and these aren't the pansy dragons either, these are the dragons which completely annihilate the player in an earlier campaign, except there's more of them.)
The computer also gets an easily defended location, and a large group of heroes that have access to all magic in the game, and can(And just did before I came to rant) buff up high level creature which they summon up to get a total of 300% health increase, 250% damage bonus, Critical hits only, Can not be effected by critical hits, and then they do the same to your units, only in reverse, so you get -300% health total, -250% attack, Every attack against your things kills, while you can't dent them, and they just keep summoning more. The player has no access to magic here at all.(Except crappy low level spells if you picked that, but that's just a waste of time)

And that's the easy campaign, on easy.

I've tried a harder campaign before, it basicly gives the enemy exactly the same, except now there's 4 of them, they're allied, and the player doesn't get a hero besides one that can be defeated by basic soldiers. And the player doesn't get any army.(It's a fighting mission too)

And did I mention there's a time limit? If you don't beat your enemy quick enough, they just get free stuff or you just lose.
So basicly, the player is outnumbered and outclassed since the start, and the game is usually decided by finding some sort of magic item that just happens to be nearby(No, you can't take it to the next mission), unless the enemy gets it first(Which happens occasionally), because if they do, you better bend over and hope he has some lube ready. But if you get it first, then you better keep the lube ready just in case, because by now the enemy has build even more stuff while you were hunting for the shiny stuff.

Fuck it, I'm going to find cheats.

Last edited:

Bartnum

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

This letter is not a debate contest in which I convince you to agree with me or vice versa. This letter is concerned only with establishing the truth about Nunu. For complete details, I refer you to my forthcoming book on the subject. I shall here mention only a few random items that may be new or especially interesting to you. For instance, when I was a child my clergyman told me, "Nunu loves everybody so much, she wants to rip out the guts of everybody who doesn't love everybody as much as she does." If you think about it you'll see his point. As muddleheaded as her suggestions are, she's a pretty good liar most of the time. However, Nunu tells so many lies, she's bound to trip herself up someday.
Who is Nunu to say that the Eleventh Commandment is, "Thou shalt smear and defame me"? Due to the power relationship between the dominator and the dominated, her memoranda are illiterate. They're unnecessary. They're counterproductive. Whenever I encounter them I think that Nunu keeps trying to deceive us into thinking that she's a moral exemplar. The purpose of this deception may be to deface property with racially and sexually derogatory epithets and offensive symbols. Or maybe the purpose is to attack my character. Oh what a tangled web Nunu weaves when first she practices to deceive.
Nunu's cheerleaders can process information only as small, sound-bite snippets that lack any sort of context and that are packaged for the most emotionally charged impact. It follows from this that you may have noticed that letting her encourage women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become what I call brassbound blusterers is tantamount to cutting your own wrist with a razor blade. But you don't know the half of it. For starters, Nunu has conceived the project of reigning over opinions and of conquering neither kingdoms nor provinces but the human mind. If this project succeeds then dysfunctional, worthless wankers will be free to create catchy, new terms for boring, old issues. Even worse, it will be illegal for anyone to say anything about how Nunu's junta has found a rallying cry for its upcoming battle against our most treasured liberties. That rallying cry is, "The future of the entire world rests in Nunu's hands!" It's quotes like that that make me realize that Nunu criticizes me for complaining about asinine thugs (also known as Nunu's lapdogs). If Nunu wants to play critic, she should possess real and substantial knowledge about whatever it is she's criticizing. Nunu shouldn't simply assume that this is the best of all possible worlds and that she is the best of all possible people.
Even when Nunu isn't lying, she's using facts, emphasizing facts, bearing down on facts, sliding off facts, quietly ignoring facts, and, above all, interpreting facts in a way that will enable her to blend together obscurantism and fogyism in a train wreck of monumental proportions. Her agents provocateurs often reverse the normal process of interpretation. That is, they value the unsaid over the said, the obscure over the clear.
Although Nunu likes to pontificate about how she has the linguistic prowess to produce a masterwork of meritorious literature, the truth is that when she was first found trying to impact public policy for years to come, I was scared. I was scared not only for my personal safety; I was scared for the people I love. And now that Nunu is planning to make it virtually impossible to fire incompetent workers, I'm truly downright terrified. And, more important, I frequently wish to tell her that I could make a long argument for the idea that she has been working for years to create a moral and ideological climate in which what I call stinking, mad clodpolls can biologically or psychologically engineer uncompromising, hectoring popinjays to make them even more moonstruck than they already are. But being a generally genteel person, however, I always bite my tongue. Let me try to put this in perspective: Nunu says that she wants to make life better for everyone. Lacking a coherent ideology, however, Nunu always ends up preventing me from sleeping soundly at night.
Every so often you'll see Nunu lament, flog herself, cry mea culpa for leading to the destruction of the human race, and vow never again to be so ugly. Sadly, she always reverts to her old behavior immediately afterwards, making me think that she constantly insists that it is not only acceptable but indeed desirable to scorn and abjure reason. But she contradicts herself when she says that she can change her effete ways. The truth hurts, doesn't it, Nunu? She commonly appoints ineffective people to important positions. She then ensures that these people stay in those positions because that makes it easy for her to prostrate the honor, power, independence, laws, and property of entire countries. It's fine to realize that she's always willing to sacrifice somebody else's life, just not her own, but it's more important to know that her assistants have the gall to accuse me of turning the trickle of escapism into a tidal wave. Were these logorrheic peculators born without a self-awareness gene? If you were to ask that of Nunu, she'd decidedly fling a large barrage of insults in your direction instead of actually addressing the question.
Here, I am merely trying to advance the opinion that when I observe Nunu's habitués' behavior, I can't help but recall the proverbial expression, "monkey see, monkey do". That's because, like her, they all want to traffic in our blood, birthright, and security. Also, while a monkey might think that newspapers should report only on items Nunu agrees with, the fact remains that if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that she wants to prevent us from commenting on her propositions. If she manages to do that, she'll have plenty of time to focus on her core mission: bombarding me with insults. Nunu has declared that she's staging a revolt against everyone who dares to champion the poor and oppressed against the evil of Nunu. Nunu is revolting all right; the very sight of her turns my stomach. All kidding aside, we mustn't be content to patch and darn, to piece and cobble at the worn and rotten fabric of her xenophobic magic-bullet explanations. Instead we must discuss the programmatic foundations of Nunu's coldhearted refrains in detail.
Nunu says that she is a bearer and agent of the Creator's purpose. You know, I don't think I have heard a less factually based statement in my entire life. She makes it sound like she commands an army of robots that live in the hollow center of the earth and produce earthquakes whenever they feel like shaking things up a bit on the surface. That's the rankest sort of pretense I've ever heard. The reality is that Nunu doesn't want us to make an impartial and well-informed evaluation of the advantages and disadvantages of her intimations. She would rather we settle for the meatless bone of snobbism. An ancient Greek once wrote something to the effect of, "She views alcoholism as a succedaneous religion that authorizes her to offer stones instead of bread to the emotional and spiritual hungers of the world." Today, the same dictum applies, just as clearly as when it was first written over two thousand years ago.
I hate it when people get their facts totally wrong. For instance, whenever I hear some corporate fat cat make noises about how courtesy and manners don't count for anything, I can't help but think that if Nunu bites me I will bite back. If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem.
Nunu is a serial exaggerator. If I were to be less kind, I'd say she's a liar. Either way, the purpose of this letter is far greater than to prove to you how drossy and stroppy Nunu has become. The purpose of this letter is to get you to start thinking for yourself, to start thinking about how her advocates have been staggering around like punch-drunk fighters hit too many times—stunned, confused, betrayed, and trying desperately to rationalize her sententious pronouncements. It is not a pretty sight. Nunu can go on saying that she is clean and bright and pure inside but the rest of us have serious problems to deal with that preclude our indulging in such conniving dreams just now. I'd like to finish with a quote from a private e-mail message sent to me by a close friend of mine: "Nunu's policies are an adjudged failure".

E

Exofluke

The beauty of manipulation. Instead of batteries, all you need is emotions.

Here's the simple guide to finding manipulation:

The guide to finding human manipulation.

The Rule of Thumb!
- Any form of segregation between humans (especially when internet related), is unacceptable. The only reason to allow segregation, is to separate bad actions versus good actions (all and only physical).

NOTE!
- There is absolutely no physical harm from internet relations. Which simply means, any form of segregation is unacceptable. To bring segregation on the internet is to suggest an alternative. The alternative comes from the human creating the segregation. Alternatively, they have an emotional problem.

Viola. That’s all you need to know.

Now, to apply it to Bartnum's rant. There does have to be a start to the understanding of things. Right now, no one really knows about human manipulations. So it’s important for others to point out facts about the ones creating manipulations; simply to set examples. I don't know of Nunu's actions, but I will note Bartnum's rant for further speculation.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

The beauty of manipulation. Instead of batteries, all you need is emotions.

Here's the simple guide to finding manipulation:

The guide to finding human manipulation.

The Rule of Thumb!
- Any form of segregation between humans (especially when internet related), is unacceptable. The only reason to allow segregation, is to separate bad actions versus good actions (all and only physical).

NOTE!
- There is absolutely no physical harm from internet relations. Which simply means, any form of segregation is unacceptable. To bring segregation on the internet is to suggest an alternative. The alternative comes from the human creating the segregation. Alternatively, they have an emotional problem.

Viola. That’s all you need to know.

Now, to apply it to Bartnum's rant. There does have to be a start to the understanding of things. Right now, no one really knows about human manipulations. So it’s important for others to point out facts about the ones creating manipulations; simply to set examples. I don't know of Nunu's actions, but I will note Bartnum's rant for further speculation.
Wait... you READ that wall-'o-text?
o.o