What's new

The Rescue of Mermaids [Free Demo]

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Re: The Rescue of Mermaids [Free Demo]

I actually have a small list of games that I still play that isn't going to work on the latest OS, Stars! being one of them. I do kind of cheat a bit by using Oracle virtualbox though.

Harib

Lurker
Reputation score

I love the animations, the story is pretty nice and the game idea is great.

However, you made a bullet hell game with inertial movement, where we float around. That's basically the most frustrating game possible. I didn't enjoy your game because of the difficulty of playing a bubble shooter character who died in one hit that floated like a drunk taxi driver around the screen while trying to dodge half the screen of bullets of death. It was frustrating and not fun.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

However, you made a bullet hell game with inertial movement, where we float around. That's basically the most frustrating game possible. I didn't enjoy your game because of the difficulty of playing a bubble shooter character who died in one hit that floated like a drunk taxi driver around the screen while trying to dodge half the screen of bullets of death. It was frustrating and not fun.
If you're referring to the Crab Boss's bullethell, you just need to land on top of her during it, no inertial movement required.

If you're referring to the First Boss's Falling Rocks, go to her back and stay at the top. For her projectile attacks, stay on ground and just practice dodging left and right, it's not really that hard.

If you're referring to the whole game, well...

Man, it starting to sound like i'm the only one enjoying the difficulty here. :p

Last edited:

AnonTheHuman

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Man, it starting to sound like i'm the only one enjoying the difficulty here. :p
Don't worry, you're not the only one. But it might be because I'm playing it more as an actual game than an h-game.

Still, just like most other people in this thread I'd enjoy it more if Garry the Octopus didn't feel akin to controlling a lubed up ice-cube moving around on a stainless steel plate. Also, the whole "I died so I gotta make the 12 year journey back to the boss" thing.

Last edited:

alphaikazuchi

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

It doesn't have as much to do with difficult as it does with poor controls and game feel. I get that maybe you don't feel this way, but as you've just stated you're pretty alone in that feeling. A player shouldn't have to battle against the game mechanics as well as the game itself when the punishment for failure is as severe as having to constantly replay through the level.

OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey guys :3
Thanks to the feedback from everyone who played and opined, now I have new updates that significantly improve the game, you can check it here

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It doesn't have as much to do with difficult as it does with poor controls and game feel. I get that maybe you don't feel this way, but as you've just stated you're pretty alone in that feeling. A player shouldn't have to battle against the game mechanics as well as the game itself when the punishment for failure is as severe as having to constantly replay through the level.
Hey, the control is not poor, it's working as intended. The problem is understandably, "Flappy Bird-ish" mechanic is not everyone cup of tea. Also, to make sure you don't take me the wrong way, i'm fully on board with anything that can make the game less "Flappy Bird-ish".

You do realize competing against game mechanic and the game itself is totally a valid game design? The true problem is when the developers do it wrong, resulting the game as a whole is too frustrating to even play.

Lastly, i agree about the "having to retry from the beginning" bit. Checkpoint is the greatest gameplay innovation of all times, along with Save Data. :D

Hey guys :3
Thanks to the feedback from everyone who played and opined, now I have new updates that significantly improve the game, you can check it here
Nice! You go gillenew! :D

Time to wait for the new public demo!

Last edited:
OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I released the new version of the demo, I just forgot to come here to say this before, sorry x}

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Hidden reverse-mermaid sex scene (top part fish, bottom human) easter egg.
Or unlockable mode.
.... or permanent mode (turns all mermaid image searches on google turn into reverse-mermaids. via a worldwide SSL hyperchrono-injector botnet)

Last edited:
OP
gillenew

gillenew

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hidden reverse-mermaid sex scene (top part fish, bottom human) easter egg.
Or unlockable mode.
.... or permanent mode (turns all mermaid image searches on google turn into reverse-mermaids. via a worldwide SSL hyperchrono-injector botnet)

lol, that idea is brilliant, I'm sure I will do it.

AGamerPassingBy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

lol, that idea is brilliant, I'm sure I will do it.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TESSERACT?!

The world is not ready yet for such ingenuity!

:D

Oh, and thanks for the new version of public demo, gillenew!

EDIT:
Bugreport: The sounds and music glitches badly when doing it with the Crab Girl.

Last edited:

laugh

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Really like how this is shaping up so far, I bumped into 2 issues while playing the new demo though. Right before the crab girl - that 'ghost' fish that follows you, went through the walls when I was talking to the guy before the boss and destroyed all my extra lives.

And like AGamerPassingBy said, the sound glitches with crab girl.

dudes_tractor_yeah

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

More mermaid H content?

Yes please. Im really surprised there isnt more of it tbh. There´s like only 1 decent manga in all of ehentai.

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score

Since everyone's guide on the crab girl boss is vague as shit, I'm going to actually make my own walkthrough:

The crab's cycle goes like this:
Three claw shots (You can stay on her back unless she points straight up)

Bullet hell (Your character moves with her when you're resting on her back so you don't have to move until she's done)

Ass thrust (Get off of her immediately after the bullet hell)

Three claw shots (Same as before)

Bullet hell (same as before)

Resting Position (Get on her back and hold Z as prompted)

Dataslycer

Cthulhu
Reputation score

It is worth noting that she actually has 2 sets of claw combination attacks.

If she attacks high, then diagonaly, she is going to use her shell attack before the 3rd claw attack.
If she attack low then high, then she won't thrust her shell.

Last edited: