What's new

- 東方 - The Touhou Thread

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
As with hundreds of other forums across the web, ULMF now has it's own Touhou thread. It is customary in these threads to write a general introduction to the series for those who don't know what a Touhou is. I'm going to take it easy on the intro and keep this short. =)

Touhou is a sweet flavoured addictive canned bread, popular in Japan, invented by the legendary drunken master known as ZUN. Since it's appearance in 1996, and relaunch during 2002, it has become an indispensable part of many an otaku's regular diet. During the comiket 2008 event alone, over two hundred tons of Touhou was consumed by hungry fans. The bread is well known for it's intricate, beautiful and deadly patterns, enormous cast of characters, brutal difficulty, original music, sexy armpits, and phenomenal rate of fan art/music/game/doujin/merchandise/bus generation.

Here are some photos of the bread.

If you doubt the described qualities of this bread I invite you to taste it.
If you question the accuracy of my intro I welcome you to write a more helpful one.
If you know all this already and haven't yet done so, feel free to join the Gensokyo social group.

EDIT:

Adding a download list stolen from another forum. Nice assortment of official and non official games with some translation and update patches where available.
--Official Games--

Touhou 1-5 PC-98 Pack [x] Managed by magicalcrap. Download . Alternate link by ZEROGRAVITY-A01! Download (Note:To use the fonts, unzip the files to the emulator's directory. Run Anex86, select Config and then Fonts from one of the tabs. Locate "anex86.bmp" (without the quotations) and exit the Config menu. Now, your texts shouldn't be gibberish anymore.)

Anex86 has a tendency to create problems with the sound/image quality. Instead of using Anex86 extracted with the .hdi files, you should use instead. To select a game, open T98-Next, click on the "main" tab, select the "disc" tab below it, click on one of the rectangular boxes under "HD Drive" (right next to the the grayed-out "edit" buttons), and then browse for the desired .hdi file. Afterwards, just click on the big power button in the top-left corner to run the game.

6 Embodiment of Scarlet Devil [x] Managed by SuperScarfy. Download . Pre-patched version with the retexture, english, and hitbox add-ons managed by nothing21 . (English pre-patched) Alt link from me
|

7 Perfect Cherry Blossom [x] Managed by Mereck. Download . Mirror by rokuak . (English pre-patched) Alt link from me
|

7.5 Immaterial and Missing Power [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download or .
|

8 Imperishable Night [x] Managed by 6djme. Download . Mirror by Tsukimoon . 2nd Mirror by ZEROGRAVITY-A01! . (English pre-patched--I don't recommend you set your unicode to Japanese while playing this, as the text may get cut off in the text boxes.) Alt link from me
|

9 Phantasmagoria of Flower View [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download . Mirror by nothing21 . (Note: This already comes with the v1.50 patch installed. If your game crashes on startup, put the PoFV game folder somewhere in your C:\Program Files directory or rename the game folder as "Phantasmagoria of Flower View" if you want to keep it outside of Program Files. Be sure to create a new game folder to put in the files for nothing21's download.) Alt link from me
|

9.5 Shoot the Bullet [x] Managed by rokuak. (Requires 7zip) Download . English patched mirror by nothing21 Alt link from me
|

10 Mountain of Faith [x] Managed by rokuak. Download . (Requires 7zip)
A's Alternate Download:
Alt link from me
|

10.5 Scarlet Weather Rhapsody [x] Managed by nothing21. Download . English version available. Download and
|

11 Subterranean Animism [x] Managed by rokuak. Download . (Requires 7zip)

A's Alternate Download:

|

12 Undefined Fantastic Object [x] grgspunk. Download . (Requires 7zip)

A's Alternate Download:

|

12.3 Hisoutensoku [x] Managed by noobacc. Download and Another alt from animalbrad
|

12.5 Double Spoiler [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download Mirror by Argroh Valdios
NOTE: Your TH12.5 save data and replays are stored separately in your C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\ShanghaiAlice directory. This is a hidden folder that's created every time you start the game, so you need to enable your computer to see hidden files to access/delete your save data/replays (To make hidden files visible, go to the file menu, click Tools>>>Folder Options>>>"View" tab>>>Click "Show hidden files and folders").

--Fangames--
Action/Adventure
Super Marisa Land [x] Managed by Eryth. Download .

Super Marisa World [x] Managed by ndesu. Download Mirror by ZEROGRAVITY-A01! .

MegaMari [x] Managed by AsukaKototachi. Download . Mirror by Kizeki . Mirror by ZEROGRAVITY-A01! .
|

Touhou Koumajou Densetsu ~Scarlet Symphony~ (Touhouvania) [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download the unpatched version Latest patched version (1.04a) .

Sanae's Youkai Extermination Lesson [x] Managed by grgspnk. Download Mirror by spinzaku

Shooters
Concealed the Conclusion [x] Managed by 6djme. Download Alternate upload by rokuak. , , , .

東方八華閃 (Geometry Wars) [x] Managed by encephlon. Download

Fighters
東方紅舞闘(仮) -

Mystical Chain [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download .

RPGs

Touhoumon - Managed by our foliage4. Download , includes the VirtualBoyAdvance emulator required to play. This English version is far behind the Japanese one, and is compatible with few to no Japanese mods.
For downloads of Japanese versions of Touhou Puppet Play, (which are much better except they're in moonrunes) see .
UPDATE: Newer Merry version available

Touhou Hack and Slash [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download (Japanese unicode/Applocale recommended)

Touhou Mother [x] See for download and information.

Touhou Houkyoutabi (Houkyouryo/Zelda Sakuya) [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download . (Japanese unicode/Applocale recommended)

Touhou Labyrinth & Plus Disk [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download . (Note: In order to play the game in either Japanese or English, you need to copy the provided fonts into your C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder. Otherwise, the game will crash on startup. Even when using the English patch, you should set still your computer's locale to Japanese to ensure that the font displays properly.)

Racing

Touhou Seicross [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download (Japanaese unicode/Applocale recommended)

Other
Touhou Soccer [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download .

Touhou Soccer 2 (Moushuuden) [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download
, scroll to "東方サッカー猛蹴伝" |

Touhou Unreal Mahjong [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download .
v1.6 patch Partial translation patch

Marisa and Alice [x] Managed by Eryth. Download . English upload by nothing 21. Download and .
| separately

Cirno Climber [x] Managed by Eryth. Download .

PatchCon - Defend the Library! [x] Managed by Mecheye. Download . Mirror by rokuak . Mirror by ZEROGRAVITY-A01! . English pre-patched version by nothing21 .
| separately

I Wanna Be The Shrine Maiden - Download Yes, this is similar to I Wanna Be The Guy. You have been warned.

爆 東方幻想郷 Detonate on Sound (Bomberman) [x] Managed by wynber. Download , , and

幻想郷横断るなてぃっくいず (Quiz) [x] From Nyaatorrents. Download

Gyakuten Touhou (Aya Shameimaru Ace Attorney) [x] Managed by encephlon. Download , , and .

Gyakuten Touhou 2 [x] Managed by encephlon. Download , , , and .

Shin Gyakuten Touhou (3) [x] Managed by grgspunk. Download . (Applocale, Japanese unicode/knowledge required.)

Last edited:

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: - 東方 - The Touhou Thread

I give this thread a 9.

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

Wait.. Can it be possible for me to be a weeabo as well?

Because, I am asian.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I think that grants you a slight resistance to the term, but to be properly exempt you'd have to be Japanese. Then they make up new names for you instead.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I want some of that bread.

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I believe it's Raspberry flavour. Comes in Marisa and Sakuya varieties too. And if your dedicated enough to hunt it down, can be purchased from a certain vending machine hidden somewhere in Akihibara.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I give this thread a 9.
A good score coming from the first judge. But what's this? It looks like the Irish judge is giving this.. Yes, he's giving it a 3.5.

Unusually harsh for the green bomber, but it's obvious he doesn't approve.

Let's see what the German Judge has to say..

OP
Unknown Squid

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

There's a panel of international judges now?

Well, in this thread there is of course hidden meaning behind a "9" you see. A 3.5 though is simple enough. I didn't make this thread in a bid for ratings, but I'm sure it can give something to the wider ULMF community as well anyway. You still like tentacles right?

Sorry lady Yuyuko, but this is a hentai forum after all.

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

That's what she gets for spamming too much.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

There's a panel of international judges now?

Well, in this thread there is of course hidden meaning behind a "9" you see. A 3.5 though is simple enough. I didn't make this thread in a bid for ratings, but I'm sure it can give something to the wider ULMF community as well anyway. You still like tentacles right?

Sorry lady Yuyuko, but this is a hentai forum after all.
Your picture has failed.
And no I don't. >[

What the fuck is going on here?

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

As with hundreds of other forums across the web, ULMF now has it's own Touhou thread. It is customary in these threads to write a general introduction to the series for those who don't know what a Touhou is. I'm going to take it easy on the intro and keep this short. =)

Touhou is a sweet flavoured addictive canned bread, popular in Japan, invented by the legendary drunken master known as ZUN. Since it's appearance in 1996, and relaunch during 2002, it has become an indispensable part of many an otaku's regular diet. During the comiket 2008 event alone, over two hundred tons of Touhou was consumed by hungry fans. The bread is well known for it's intricate, beautiful and deadly patterns, enormous cast of characters, brutal difficulty, original music, sexy armpits, and phenomenal rate of fan art/music/game/doujin/merchandise/bus generation.

Here are some photos of the bread.

If you doubt the described qualities of this bread I invite you to taste it.
If you question the accuracy of my intro I welcome you to write a more helpful one.
If you know all this already and haven't yet done so, feel free to join the Gensokyo social group.

How dare you forget Flowering Night! <3

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

FUCK YA!
SAKUYA THEME! FTW!

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

hai hai ya sakuya is kawaiiii i bought a plushie! :3!

ZeroSpace

Lurker
Reputation score

OK 1st thing we do on the Touhou Thread!
Give us a list of your top 10 fav TH chars!
1: Izayoi Sakuya
2: Remilia Scarlet
3: Kirisame Marisa
4: Kamishirasawa Keine
5: Fujiwara no Mokou
7: Yakumo Ran
8: Nagae Iku
9: Kochiya Sanae
10: Hong Meiling

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

omg i cant choose!!! im too busy eating pocky and reading fansubs!!!1

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Hong Meiling
Remilia Scarlet
Lunasa Prismriver
Merlin Prismriver
Lyrica Prismriver
Reisen
Youmu
Eirin
Cirno
and Hmmm.... Flandre!

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Night of Knights (Cool&Create Remix). Kthx.