What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My cheat tactic every time I play is to go for foot fetish (because Ancilla the maid is the only one who can take advantage of it), get 8 in allure for distract, and immediately upon starting the game I go to the church and lie about being able to afford the holy water to get 5 for free, turning my 500 gold start to 750. From then on I just do whatever I feel like.

It's underhanded and I probably shouldn't even be posting this, but I figured I'd share my tactic for the game. Take it how you will.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My cheat tactic every time I play is to go for foot fetish (because Ancilla the maid is the only one who can take advantage of it), get 8 in allure for distract, and immediately upon starting the game I go to the church and lie about being able to afford the holy water to get 5 for free, turning my 500 gold start to 750. From then on I just do whatever I feel like.

It's underhanded and I probably shouldn't even be posting this, but I figured I'd share my tactic for the game. Take it how you will.
Lillian doesn't deserve these lies.

Foot fetish and ass sensitivity are the easy dump stats currently given how few enemies target them.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Lillian doesn't deserve these lies.

Foot fetish and ass sensitivity are the easy dump stats currently given how few enemies target them.
I never said I was a good person, merely a pragmatic one.
And she really doesn't I'm just trying to min-max the early game, don't hate me please.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
ass sensitivity are the easy dump stats currently given how few enemies target them.
And the longer you keep it that way the happier I'll be.

(foot fetish is cool tho but if I wanted a tree up my ass I'd play CoC)

301stlegion

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I on the other hand have been quietly thrilled that its a stat and have been wishing more enemies used it.

That said I fully understand why some people don't want that and I can and will respect that view point. I guess the phrase different strokes for different folks became a thing for a reason, although I doubt this was the kind of stroking they were thinking about...

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I on the other hand have been quietly thrilled that its a stat and have been wishing more enemies used it.

That said I fully understand why some people don't want that and I can and will respect that view point. I guess the phrase different strokes for different folks became a thing for a reason, although I doubt this was the kind of stroking they were thinking about...
Honestly, it'd be nice if there was like, an option ingame to toggle it on or off. I don't have any problem with it existing, just not my thing and I don't like being surprised by it haha.

Also that joke... kek.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Honestly, it'd be nice if there was like, an option ingame to toggle it on or off. I don't have any problem with it existing, just not my thing and I don't like being surprised by it haha.

Also that joke... kek.
The fun thing is that there is sort of an option for that in how you can choose to which enemies you want to face on each adventure, acting as a pseudo-toggle for you if you want. It's not quite as explicit as a filter or something, but there is a makeshift way to get around specific kinds of things already in the game.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I never said I was a good person, merely a pragmatic one.
And she really doesn't I'm just trying to min-max the early game, don't hate me please.
I should add an event at some point of her asking the player if they are the one who sold the holy water if the player has sold five holy waters...

Also that joke... kek.
I've though about adding a toggle for it. But if I did that I would also have that toggle remove the players ass sensitivity, removing it as a dump stat.

The fun thing is that there is sort of an option for that in how you can choose to which enemies you want to face on each adventure, acting as a pseudo-toggle for you if you want. It's not quite as explicit as a filter or something, but there is a makeshift way to get around specific kinds of things already in the game.
This is the another reason I haven't added the toggle.
Though at some point there will probably be an enemy in the mandatory adventure who will target the rear.

So until the the toggle thing will be a problem for me to do in the future.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Personally I just mod it out whenever I find it, lol. But yea. It's not really a big concern currently.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I should add an event at some point of her asking the player if they are the one who sold the holy water if the player has sold five holy waters...
I'm feeling attacked. Granted, I probably deserve it, but still. Attacked.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

That would remind me of the anti cheat NPC in The wticher 3 who asks you if you stole from people's houses, killed cows and sold their fur and duplicated items and the like. That'd be funny.

On a side note.

PSA. Calm mind and Meditation can be used outside of battle, for literaly no cost, meditation giving you a lot of energy back and calm mind being a free heal outside of combat. This intended? I hope so. It works whenevr you can access your inventory. And I have 20 Willpower on my character so he heals for like 80 points of lust and meditation gives him back like 70+ energy.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
PSA. Calm mind and Meditation can be used outside of battle, for literaly no cost, meditation giving you a lot of energy back and calm mind being a free heal outside of combat. This intended? I hope so. It works whenevr you can access your inventory. And I have 20 Willpower on my character so he heals for like 80 points of lust and meditation gives him back like 70+ energy.
You are supposed to be able to use them out of combat. But meditation is supposed to use a spirit on use. and calm mind uses energy.
Though invigorate and calm mind could also combo similarly even if I fix the cost issue, and I doubt I'll tweak that yet.

Probably buffing meditate though given the spirit cost.
May also rework it to be out of combat only and cost no spirit. But that would be better given out around the mid to late game.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Honestly, I'm going to be much more patient about this game than others solely because the dev is on top of things and active. It's good to hear so much from the other side. Doing the Lord's work, friend.
But lemme just slip that "please don't nerf my main strat" paper under the door.
Otherwise I have to go for a dex build.
Only cowards go dex build.

May also rework it to be out of combat only and cost no spirit. But that would be better given out around the mid to late game.
Meditate might be something useful in a different way.
It could be like a pre-battle buff that gets stronger if your pool is low. So if I had low spirit, low energy, etc, and meditated, the buff would be higher.
It could also use that buff for only one stat, so you're impeccably hard to take down on that field. Having good tanking/absorb strategies would be nice.

Last edited:

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i think it goes more about rimming+handjob and that stuff.....unless Threshold put futa or dickgirls and welp...there goes you asshole.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
You are supposed to be able to use them out of combat. But meditation is supposed to use a spirit on use. and calm mind uses energy.
Though invigorate and calm mind could also combo similarly even if I fix the cost issue, and I doubt I'll tweak that yet.

I would say that making meditate use spirit is the worst thing you could do. Maybe make it sorely an out of battle skill to refill energy, just dontd make it use spirit, it would be kind of a disproportionate cost for soomething I could use a potion for.

​​​​​​Maybe nerf its power a bit so it doesnt completely overshadow the potions.

Ratman1029

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll admit, I downloaded this on a whim and didn't think I would find it very interesting. But when I started it up and got the line "Can't we just hold hands?" under the title, I was hooked instantly. Now I've beaten every enemy I could find, except Sofia, finished every available quest/adventure, except the aforementioned Sofia one, and have now made it my personal mission to grind my way to victory against the sleepy succubus!
Which also makes me wish I'd known I could us the foot and butt fetishes as dump stats. I went for kissing since I figured most monster-girls would skip past that stage... hooo boy was I wrong.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'll admit, I downloaded this on a whim and didn't think I would find it very interesting. But when I started it up and got the line "Can't we just hold hands?" under the title, I was hooked instantly. Now I've beaten every enemy I could find, except Sofia, finished every available quest/adventure, except the aforementioned Sofia one, and have now made it my personal mission to grind my way to victory against the sleepy succubus!
Which also makes me wish I'd known I could us the foot and butt fetishes as dump stats. I went for kissing since I figured most monster-girls would skip past that stage... hooo boy was I wrong.
Good luck with Sofia, I haven't been able to beat her since there was a bug where she wouldn't do anything when you were sleepy (not even asleep) several patches ago. My suggestion is to make a save file before you even start the adventure for your attempts, because otherwise the price of removing the fetishes/sensitivity you get for losing is rather steep.

And yeah, maybe avoid the kissing fetish in the future.

Mekkor

Reputation score
...and have now made it my personal mission to grind my way to victory against the sleepy succubus!
I've beaten Sofia by instantly using the Kissing skill "Make out". This will, in most cases, cause her to try to break free (which fails most of the time with a high Power stat) or she doesn't know what to do and just does nothing. Then it's a lot of saving and loading because it takes forever to actually beat her. It boosted my attack power with "Magic Touch" and got the Perk "Caressing Dynamo" to refill my EP while constantly using "Caress". In the end it took me roughly 20 minutes where each of my attacks did around 30 dmg (with the occasional crit inbetween).
Afterwards, I did get a shitload of exp, the promised gold reward and for some reason the fight restarted (but that was last version, so I don't know if it's still in there). I tried it again for 13.2a and the tactic still works but I didn't try to get to finish the fight to see if it restarts.

Kaa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So I started making a mod, which quickly spiraled out of my control so I think it'll take a while more. There's actually a lot more stuff going on than I noticed as a player.

Capacity for modding is very good, I just wish we had better tools for making perks. Right now the list of perk effects is very limited.

Are there any major updates planned for v14 that could affect modding options? Should I wait for it before releasing the mod?

Ratman1029

Lurker
Reputation score
Holy crap I beat Sofia! I forgot to save scum during the fight, got knocked to one spirit point with arousal at 586/650, and was dangerously close to rage quitting when I finally beat her! My personal mission has been completed, now to wait for the next update so I may set a new and equally insane personal goal for myself.
Also, the fight didn't restart for me once I beat her so I believe that bug has indeed been fixed in the current version.