What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Rip in peace abusing enemy AI with anal insertions, you will be missed. I look forward to seeing how the new difficulty curve plays out.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well, getting double BJ from elves now breaks the game apparently. Something about requiring target stance penetration? Only occurs when they use the Double Blowjob move, Deepthroat etc is fine. I skimmed the double bj file and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Impish Reverse Spitroast suffers from the same issue. And has a typo, she bounces on "his's" shaft? The non-using imp name display is bugged as well, but now it displays no name at all.

One of the Minotaur's moves (not sure which) breaks the game even worse - the others can simply be ignored but this one requires several skips. It's some kind of "targetHeOrShe" error?

New chargen is a huge improvement UI wise - very self explanatory.

The new stats setup is gonna take some getting used to - worse starting but better growth for most things? I think I like it but will need more experience with it. Earlygame was already the hardest part though, and it's harder now... idk.

Also I'm not sure if this was the case beforehand but most of the Mountain monsters can be broken pretty easily, Manticore literally never gets to fight back if you just Insert->Thrust over and over, Kunoichi is casually obliterated by Make Out->Deep Kiss, etc. Not sure if intended strategy or broken, figured I'd report anyways.

I can confirm kunoichi is still extremely hot tho

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Edit: v13.1 is out to fix the mentioned crashes.

Well, getting double BJ from elves now breaks the game apparently. Something about requiring target stance penetration? Only occurs when they use the Double Blowjob move, Deepthroat etc is fine. I skimmed the double bj file and couldn't figure out how to fix it.

Impish Reverse Spitroast suffers from the same issue. And has a typo, she bounces on "his's" shaft? The non-using imp name display is bugged as well, but now it displays no name at all.

One of the Minotaur's moves (not sure which) breaks the game even worse - the others can simply be ignored but this one requires several skips. It's some kind of "targetHeOrShe" error?
gdi.

The new stats setup is gonna take some getting used to - worse starting but better growth for most things? I think I like it but will need more experience with it. Earlygame was already the hardest part though, and it's harder now... idk.
Starting stats aren't that much worse. Unless you switched to hard.
Personally I was finding the early enemies still pretty easy. Unless they hit your fetish. But I would recommend bringing energy potions to the dungeon. And probably healing ones too.
And the early level curve is around the same what it was, it starts to divert off around level 10. around when you should be getting to the mountain.

But i'm also the person making the game, so difficulty is a bit harder for me to judge.

Also I'm not sure if this was the case beforehand but most of the Mountain monsters can be broken pretty easily, Manticore literally never gets to fight back if you just Insert->Thrust over and over, Kunoichi is casually obliterated by Make Out->Deep Kiss, etc. Not sure if intended strategy or broken, figured I'd report anyways.
It was the case. I think I just need to tune up how enemies deal with that kind of situation. But it was partially intentional with the manticore. But you were supposed to charm her first instead of just spamming it.
Kunoichi though is not at all intentional.

Last edited:

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Wait so all that grinding I did in the mountains to level 45 was for nothing?

*Curses in Latin*

Thats...disheartening.

I am also against the starting spirit being 2. because a lot of enemies take 2 spirit on a ejaculation and I'd rather not waste three levels to up it and lack necessary stats to survive >.>

And you also lowered base damage? Sure 5 is a low number but the scaling is kinda wonky now, and in later enemies you need to spam a single move and thats it. (Mountain enemies every single one except the manticore cannot do ANYTHING against anal, and Manti can't either, its just that pussy is her weakness, and they are otherwise too tough or too annoying to beat without spamming it).

Though that'd depend on the new scaling since im talking about pre-version 13

Oh wait you murdered my anal skills, god dammit now Minotaurs and kunoichis can obliterate me, because they have more health than i'l ever be able to take out with multi thrust. Meaning i'l lose even if I try.

Now I gotta spam magical bindings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might get into it, but uuuuuugh, now I gotta level alllll over again.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Rip in peace abusing enemy AI with anal insertions, you will be missed. I look forward to seeing how the new difficulty curve plays out.
Around like this.

*Tries penetration on Kunoichi since its the only way to beat her semi-reliably fast*
*She constantly hits for 150-230 damage a turn*
*she has too much health to trade so you end up losing*

On a side note, spam the hell out of those magical bindings.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Around like this.

*Tries penetration on Kunoichi since its the only way to beat her semi-reliably fast*

Kunoichi is hella weak versus making out, so that's the technique for her I've found. Minotaurs are weak versus breast attacks, but I've found most breast attacks to be... underwhelming. There isn't really an aggressive stance for it like for most other approaches (sex, making out, etc.), so it is kind of a dps race with her. But then again, I haven't really been playing the newest update a ton (because other obligations and stuff), so perhaps my advice just sucks.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Kunoichi is hella weak versus making out, so that's the technique for her I've found. Minotaurs are weak versus breast attacks, but I've found most breast attacks to be... underwhelming. There isn't really an aggressive stance for it like for most other approaches (sex, making out, etc.), so it is kind of a dps race with her. But then again, I haven't really been playing the newest update a ton (because other obligations and stuff), so perhaps my advice just sucks.
I mean, Valid advice, and I didn't know about Kunoichi being weak to make out.

But breast weakness kind of goes to hell when Minotaus can easily spam breast smother on you.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
But breast weakness kind of goes to hell when Minotaus can easily spam breast smother on you.
That's true. If you can invest in the seduction skill "distract" it gets you out of it 100% of the time, even if charmed, and does a little damage on top of that. That might help somewhat, but it certainly won't be the automatic win anal used to be. That, or just choose to not fight them in the mountains.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wait so all that grinding I did in the mountains to level 45 was for nothing?

*Curses in Latin*

Thats...disheartening.

I am also against the starting spirit being 2. because a lot of enemies take 2 spirit on a ejaculation and I'd rather not waste three levels to up it and lack necessary stats to survive >.>

And you also lowered base damage? Sure 5 is a low number but the scaling is kinda wonky now, and in later enemies you need to spam a single move and thats it. (Mountain enemies every single one except the manticore cannot do ANYTHING against anal, and Manti can't either, its just that pussy is her weakness, and they are otherwise too tough or too annoying to beat without spamming it).

Though that'd depend on the new scaling since im talking about pre-version 13

Oh wait you murdered my anal skills, god dammit now Minotaurs and kunoichis can obliterate me, because they have more health than i'l ever be able to take out with multi thrust. Meaning i'l lose even if I try.

Now I gotta spam magical bindings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I might get into it, but uuuuuugh, now I gotta level alllll over again.
Sorry about the save thing, I knew nobody would be happy about it. But it should never happen again.

You can up your starting spirit to 3 if you use your starting points in character creation.
Maybe I should boost starting hp to 150 to help with that, and lower it's natural scaling to 5 a level...

Around like this.

...She should not be doing nearly that much, barring having a sex fetish or high sensitivity. I could see her damage boost possibly adding to this problem.
Also I recommend spank and other pain related skills on her. The stuns help as well.

But overall it sounds like I went a bit to far on the 'weak points are important' thing, stopping people from doing anything but doing that. Which is marginally less fun.
It also seems like the mountain enemies still need some toning down in power.

I mean, Valid advice, and I didn't know about Kunoichi being weak to make out.

That's true. If you can invest in the seduction skill "distract" it gets you out of it 100% of the time, even if charmed, and does a little damage on top of that. That might help somewhat, but it certainly won't be the automatic win anal used to be. That, or just choose to not fight them in the mountains.
I should really add some new breast targeting skills to the game.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I should really add some new breast targeting skills to the game.
Either technique based or allure based moves would be good for diversity of breast attacks as well . Right now, there's only two, one of which scales off of core (which I'm still not 100% on how it actually works) and the other scales off of power, and neither of them do a whole lot of damage compared to some other combat options.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
...She should not be doing nearly that much, barring having a sex fetish or high sensitivity. I could see her damage boost possibly adding to this problem.
Also I recommend spank and other pain related skills on her. The stuns help as well.

But overall it sounds like I went a bit to far on the 'weak points are important' thing, stopping people from doing anything but doing that. Which is marginally less fun.
It also seems like the mountain enemies still need some toning down in power.
I had around 80% cock sensitivity and she was doing that much. Then again I had pretty low willpower since I went full strenght and technique build until I realized my mistake.

Not as going too far as you pretty much have to guess what their weakness is. took me a while to find out Kuno's weakness to making out (so much I had to be informed here in this very page XD)

Maybe a cheap skill based on willpower that can pinpoint possible weaknesses of enemies? like an observe skill? Because the one that is supposed to help you find their weakness faster (according to its description) only seems to give a minimal increase to crit chance.

Scepticism

Lurker
Reputation score
Either technique based or allure based moves would be good for diversity of breast attacks as well . Right now, there's only two, one of which scales off of core (which I'm still not 100% on how it actually works) and the other scales off of power, and neither of them do a whole lot of damage compared to some other combat options.
I second this. How about a breastfeeding state? There are many things that could be associated with it. Just takes a little imagination.

Maybe a cheap skill based on willpower that can pinpoint possible weaknesses of enemies? Like an observe skill?
Don't you usually save before encountering enemies/going to new areas? True, it would be faster to have a true search skill, but I don't partiqulary mind doing scouting then reloading.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I second this. How about a breastfeeding state? There are many things that could be associated with it. Just takes a little imagination.
Perhaps the breastfeeding state could integrate with the breast smother attack the minotaur already has? I'd want that particular move to scale with allure, because there aren't any stance move associated with allure (power has lots, like pound, technique has multi-thrust, and willpower has empowered thrust, for example), and it would certainly help for some monsters.

Then perhaps a technique based skill. I'm not sure what the name for that skill would be, but technique seems like it'd be more important and more damaging than power (pinch nipple, which could even do a small amount of pain damage to improve it slightly) for attacking nipples.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Most likely options for each stat yeah.

Core scales with your highest stat between, power, tech and allure. But doesn't scale as well as a skill that scales off just power.
Not sure if I really like how this is currently. But it's better than how it was a ton of tech moves before I made core a thing.

I had around 80% cock sensitivity and she was doing that much. Then again I had pretty low willpower since I went full strenght and technique build until I realized my mistake.

Not as going too far as you pretty much have to guess what their weakness is. took me a while to find out Kuno's weakness to making out (so much I had to be informed here in this very page XD)

Maybe a cheap skill based on willpower that can pinpoint possible weaknesses of enemies? like an observe skill? Because the one that is supposed to help you find their weakness faster (according to its description) only seems to give a minimal increase to crit chance.
The will damage decrease isn't that severe. So she probably needs a bit of a nerf hit. Or damage scaling needs more tweaks.

An analyze type skill is something I've been thing thinking about adding for a while. So I probably will.

And that tech skill is called what it is because I couldn't think of a better thing to name it. >.>
Cause it is currently a bit misleading.

Perhaps the breastfeeding state could integrate with the breast smother attack the minotaur already has? I'd want that particular move to scale with allure, because there aren't any stance move associated with allure (power has lots, like pound, technique has multi-thrust, and willpower has empowered thrust, for example), and it would certainly help for some monsters.

Then perhaps a technique based skill. I'm not sure what the name for that skill would be, but technique seems like it'd be more important and more damaging than power (pinch nipple, which could even do a small amount of pain damage to improve it slightly) for attacking nipples.
I'm unsure if suckle/nurse would be a skill or a separate stance. More player started stances makes things a bit more complex. (See the Kunoichi AI reacting to make out.)
But I'm not completely against it. So as a stance nursing could happen, just not sure if I'd let the player start it.
Could probably have suckle/nipple lick as individual skills though. But I would consider both unusable in a breast smother state as usually that implys the face is between breasts.
So some other advanced groping attacks so you have options in breast smother would probably also happen.

Course if a nursing/suckle move is given to the player. Using it on Nicci would be a poor plan.

In regards to the AI not knowing how to deal with stances the player starts. I could start giving them their own escape moves so they don't just get stun locked by it.
But I don't want to just waste the player putting them into the stance.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got a crash. Was fighting a mimic, anal insertion, used a move and got this error message (put in spoilers). I assume it's a similar problem to what was happening earlier with the combination of stances.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 449, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
  File "game/gamecode/dialougeSystem.rpy", line 798, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_22
  File "game/gamecode/dialougeSystem.rpy", line 877, in script call
    call eventDialogueMenu from _call_eventDialogueMenu
  File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 325, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_2
  File "game/gamecode/dialougeSystem.rpy", line 780, in script call
    call combat from _call_combat_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combat.rpy", line 592, in script call
    call combatActionTurn from _call_combatActionTurn_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combatFunctions.rpy", line 496, in script call
    call PlayerLossCheck from _call_PlayerLossCheck_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combatFunctions.rpy", line 542, in script call
    call read from _call_read_7
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 16, in script
    $ display = display.format(**readerDiction)
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 16, in <module>
KeyError: u'targetGetHisOrHer'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gamecode/dialougeSystem.rpy", line 780, in script call
    call combat from _call_combat_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combat.rpy", line 592, in script call
    call combatActionTurn from _call_combatActionTurn_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combatFunctions.rpy", line 496, in script call
    call PlayerLossCheck from _call_PlayerLossCheck_1
  File "game/gamecode/combatcode/combatFunctions.rpy", line 542, in script call
    call read from _call_read_7
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\zoltma15\Desktop\New folder\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha v13.1\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\zoltma15\Desktop\New folder\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha\Monster Girl Dreams Alpha v13.1\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 16, in <module>
KeyError: u'targetGetHisOrHer'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v13.1
Mon Apr 02 22:22:01 2018

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Edit v13.2 out to fix some things and do some pre-preemptive other stuff before I start working on v14.

Got a crash. Was fighting a mimic, anal insertion, used a move and got this error message (put in spoilers). I assume it's a similar problem to what was happening earlier with the combination of stances.
Well, technically you were right. But the actual problem was when the player orgasmed and the enemy had not scene to display for it, so it would grab the generic all purpose text. But that text had wasn't updated to the new text functions apparently. I'l probably put out another small patch to fix that.

I definitely need to add in all the anal text for the energies in v14.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
fem-protag in a futa/fem world
I'd love to see that in more games like these.
But hey, this is great content regardless. Difficult to fap to since the game's text revolves around semi-careful choices than actual lewdplay (If I want to be seduced-- which I'm in to by all means-- I'd have to be more immune to the effects rather than enjoy the scene)
Still, I just love how powerhousing through the game still has little repurcussion. Level 40 with nothing but power/SP is insane. One-pounds pretty much anything. I like.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v13.2a to fix a minor yet cataclysmic skill error.

fem-protag in a futa/fem world
I'd love to see that in more games like these.
But hey, this is great content regardless. Difficult to fap to since the game's text revolves around semi-careful choices than actual lewdplay (If I want to be seduced-- which I'm in to by all means-- I'd have to be more immune to the effects rather than enjoy the scene)
Still, I just love how powerhousing through the game still has little repurcussion. Level 40 with nothing but power/SP is insane. One-pounds pretty much anything. I like.
Fem protag seems to be something quite a few people want. Sadly it is not quite viable given the amount of extra work it would add. But it is something I'll definitely consider adding in the future. Probably a long, long time from now.

Yeah the games combat balance isn't quite 'there' yet.
I'm pretty sure I've been going too far towards actual rpg combat rather than more enjoy the lewd combat. If that makes any sense.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I'm personally quite happy with the game's current direction. If I want to add femprotag I can just add in scenes that cover that. ...And given my tendencies, I will probably do so at some point. But we already have CoC for weird shit.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
CoC is essentially the alpha and the omega for weird shit in text form. You want it, it's there. I'm fine with what this is shaping up to be myself as well.