What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
I'm already a proud backer of this project ^^
I've been behind it for awhile, and I'm really glad that it's turning out as well as it is. Really impressed with the writing and gameplay direction that the game is headed in. Keep up the great work!

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Pretty good actually. Though I haven't been able to open my inventory for the longest time due to it crashing every time I try. Also my save didn't seem to keep after the crash and I have to redo a fair amount of stuff. It's not allowing me to post the traceback as an attachment, so I'm just going to post the whole thing here.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "game/screens.rpy", line 968, in execute
screen InventoryDisplayScreen:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 972, in execute
use game_menu(_("Inventory"), scroll="viewport"):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2215, in execute
screen game_menu(title, scroll=None):
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2224, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2227, in execute
hbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2233, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2236, in execute
if scroll == "viewport":
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2238, in execute
viewport:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2245, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2246, in execute
transclude
File "game/screens.rpy", line 973, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 974, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1300, in execute
if useItem == 1:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1301, in execute
if player.inventory.items[inventoryTarget].itemType == "Consumable" or player.inventory.items[inventoryTarget].itemType == "Healing":
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 848, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1812, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 511, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
d.visit_all(callback)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 401, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2999, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 411, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Joshua\Desktop\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v12-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 592, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2224, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2227, in execute
hbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2233, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2236, in execute
if scroll == "viewport":
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2238, in execute
viewport:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2245, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 2246, in execute
transclude
File "game/screens.rpy", line 973, in execute
vbox:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 974, in execute
frame:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1300, in execute
if useItem == 1:
File "game/screens.rpy", line 1301, in execute
if player.inventory.items[inventoryTarget].itemType == "Consumable" or player.inventory.items[inventoryTarget].itemType == "Healing":
File "<screen language>", line 1301, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v12
Sun Mar 25 19:36:39 2018

BluFalcon

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Not sure if this bug has already been reported or not but the image for the Slime girl is constantly shifting from the right side of the screen to the middle and back.
Something about the formatting I suppose? The area that shows any active stances is also way up on the top of the screen when fighting her rather than in that lower center spot.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
ok so i tired to download this game but it seems like my computer said it had a virus..... i don't know why it said that....
Me either! It should not contain or be a virus.

Great game, and a great new update. Loved the Dancer, spooder and tailpussy.
Dancer's masturbation scene made me think, what about a fapping stance? i.e. you get charmed by bouncing milkers and are forced to fap, inflicting arousal damage to self. Or to take it further, a weaponized masturbation skill like in FOBS where you cum on monsters to subdue some of them.

Also, I am worried by the increasingly long save times. With every new update it takes longer to make a save. You might want to rework the process before it gets too bothersome to change any of it.
That's an interesting stance/status effect idea, and that would be a risky attack. But not impossible.

I will be looking into the save time issues soon, as it will just get worse if I don't.

Pretty good actually. Though I haven't been able to open my inventory for the longest time due to it crashing every time I try. Also my save didn't seem to keep after the crash and I have to redo a fair amount of stuff. It's not allowing me to post the traceback as an attachment, so I'm just going to post the whole thing here.
Huh, well it's trying to read more things than actually exist from the array for some reason.
I will definitely look into it.

You wouldn't happen to know if you did something in your inventory or equipment before this started happening do you?

Not sure if this bug has already been reported or not but the image for the Slime girl is constantly shifting from the right side of the screen to the middle and back.
Something about the formatting I suppose? The area that shows any active stances is also way up on the top of the screen when fighting her rather than in that lower center spot.
Probably an issue with the changes I made to image displays when I did this update, will look into it, I probably missed changing something over and didn't notice.
The stance thing is actually supposed to go there when fighting an enemy with an image on, so it won't block the art.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The trigger for the glory hole in scene is bugged, it kept saying "Sleeping Manticore", then "3", then "5", and it wouldn't display the new scene. Probably just a slight coding error.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Oh baby it's like Christmas

...Also time for my annual "tear everything apart" spree!

I adore the new Imp setup (and they actually use Impish Insert now!), but Impish Encouragement seems pretty buggy. Unless the same imp is rapidfire teleporting between my character's dick and face, or simultaneously grew two vaginas, it seems unlikely the same imp is in both spots at once. Also, the imp in Sex stance can still use Encouragement which seems a little odd? "the other imps fuck me senseless" when she's the one going cowgirl? idk. Reverse Spitroast is working fine though.

Mountain Ascent adventure description has a typo - "acsess" instead of "access".

The first mountain scene as well - "Foolsih" hero. Few others as well in the minotaur/arachne scenes - if you give in the arachne "starts 'so' slowly rub" etc. I feel bad for being a gramer nachtzee, just figured I'd mention them, they don't enormously detract from the experience but are a little jarring at times.

Mountain opening scene is generally great though, the idea of cheese or... other toppings on pizza was gloriously unexpected and Perpetua doing Perpetua things was amusing as ever. Very glad I got the choice to go see if she was ok too.

I REALLY liked the Arachne event overall. She seems like a sweet girl overall, no ragrets about going into the cave.

Also pretty cool that Harpies get a semblance of multithrust - the difficulty of mountain is DEFINITELY several steps up compared to forest/dungeon, not that I'm complaining, just observing.

ZERO complaints about a MGE Manticore here, I love 'em. She's fun to interact with, waking her up just to talk was 10000% not a mistake at all. Didn't realize that "one more time" could be repeated endlessly but uh, it's ok I didn't need that cock sensitivity anyways LOL.

Was NOT expecting the MGE kunoichi - props on that introduction. Very hot scene(s) as well.

Nara stuff is good - noticed that if you end up battling her you encounter "a" Nara instead of Nara - is she not unique?

Looking forward to mountain dungeon... and more kunoichi.

---

I also really enjoyed the uniqueness of each of the fights - not to say the older stuff was less unique, but each of the Mountain monsters feels VERY unique beyond JUST "how are they going to fuck you to death." Kunoichi's elemental moves are fucking cool as hell and TOTALLY did not inspire me to go full fucking retard with adding kunoichi related content and moves, the harpies are pretty similar to Imps but less edgy, minotaur chick's moves just FEEL brutally powerful but still sexy if you're into that, dancer chick feels a lot like, well, a dancer, hell even the intros for most of the unique ones (arachne, kunoichi, manticore, dancer) are all pretty fitting too. So yea. Great work there man, I enjoyed it a lot.

...And now I'm tits deep in Kunoichi custom content. I blame a conspiracy by major league baseball.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The trigger for the glory hole in scene is bugged, it kept saying "Sleeping Manticore", then "3", then "5", and it wouldn't display the new scene. Probably just a slight coding error.
I must have missed a line, gdi. Well that's another thing to the fixing list.

afrg

Lurker
Reputation score
It should work about 85% of the time, if you have any anti restraint runes on it would greatly decrease it's chances. Or if you have a high power stat it may also affect it.

The status effect chance equations were also changed in the prior patch so that may have changed something too.
Unfortunately, there is a problem here. Some of the debug code I added while modding kicked in and told me that the getRes function returned -999. I'm pretty sure something must have changed in the handling of sensitivity, so now when statusCheck looks at it, it calls getRes with an empty string rather than just ignoring it when there is one.

Scrapman

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
If anyone's having trouble in the mountain.

Anal thrust everything. Pound Ass especially. None of the enemies, not even the Minotaus from what I saw have any anal attack, Kunoichi and Nara especially don't act most of the time during the stance and if you have a power build you can basicaly keep them stuck for a good three turns for free damage (with very minor self damage).

So yeah, Analy blast everything in the mountain. And use the money you get to buy soothing potions. Stack'em up.

Last edited:

Superhound

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It should work about 85% of the time, if you have any anti restraint runes on it would greatly decrease it's chances. Or if you have a high power stat it may also affect it.

The status effect chance equations were also changed in the prior patch so that may have changed something too.
I tried fighting her again and still avoided every single vine restraint - it's something like 0/50 so far. Shame, because her breast smothering is the best.

Thanks for this game. It's great.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Unfortunately, there is a problem here. Some of the debug code I added while modding kicked in and told me that the getRes function returned -999. I'm pretty sure something must have changed in the handling of sensitivity, so now when statusCheck looks at it, it calls getRes with an empty string rather than just ignoring it when there is one.
I tried fighting her again and still avoided every single vine restraint - it's something like 0/50 so far. Shame, because her breast smothering is the best.

Thanks for this game. It's great.
I will definitely look into this. I have a few ideas what might be going wrong, so it should be back to normal with the next patch.

This is quickly becoming one of my fav text based eroges, great job!
I'm glad you're enjoying it!

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Wait.. how did I miss your post.

Oh baby it's like Christmas

...Also time for my annual "tear everything apart" spree!

I adore the new Imp setup (and they actually use Impish Insert now!), but Impish Encouragement seems pretty buggy. Unless the same imp is rapidfire teleporting between my character's dick and face, or simultaneously grew two vaginas, it seems unlikely the same imp is in both spots at once. Also, the imp in Sex stance can still use Encouragement which seems a little odd? "the other imps fuck me senseless" when she's the one going cowgirl? idk. Reverse Spitroast is working fine though.
Probably a typo in the skill, or the code is fucking up trying to grab the characters. And the imp in the sex stance should NOT be able to do that.
So another thing for the fixing pile.

Mountain Ascent adventure description has a typo - "acsess" instead of "access".

The first mountain scene as well - "Foolsih" hero. Few others as well in the minotaur/arachne scenes - if you give in the arachne "starts 'so' slowly rub" etc. I feel bad for being a gramer nachtzee, just figured I'd mention them, they don't enormously detract from the experience but are a little jarring at times.
Darn my typos.

I REALLY liked the Arachne event overall. She seems like a sweet girl overall, no ragrets about going into the cave.
She just wants hugs. I do wonder though how many people have tried struggling in her web.

ZERO complaints about a MGE Manticore here, I love 'em. She's fun to interact with, waking her up just to talk was 10000% not a mistake at all. Didn't realize that "one more time" could be repeated endlessly but uh, it's ok I didn't need that cock sensitivity anyways LOL.

Was NOT expecting the MGE kunoichi - props on that introduction. Very hot scene(s) as well.
She was definitely inspired by the MGE manticore, tail pussy manticore is best manticore.
And I'm sure she didn't mind.

The ninja gal was inspired by a few thing. But MGE was one of those.

Nara stuff is good - noticed that if you end up battling her you encounter "a" Nara instead of Nara - is she not unique?
Oh, I forgot to set her to not generic. Oops.

Looking forward to mountain dungeon... and more kunoichi.
I've been looking forward to the mountain dungeon for a while. But sadly I have other stuff to do in the game first.
Though I'm sure people will like those things too.

I also really enjoyed the uniqueness of each of the fights - not to say the older stuff was less unique, but each of the Mountain monsters feels VERY unique beyond JUST "how are they going to fuck you to death." Kunoichi's elemental moves are fucking cool as hell and TOTALLY did not inspire me to go full fucking retard with adding kunoichi related content and moves, the harpies are pretty similar to Imps but less edgy, minotaur chick's moves just FEEL brutally powerful but still sexy if you're into that, dancer chick feels a lot like, well, a dancer, hell even the intros for most of the unique ones (arachne, kunoichi, manticore, dancer) are all pretty fitting too. So yea. Great work there man, I enjoyed it a lot.

...And now I'm tits deep in Kunoichi custom content. I blame a conspiracy by major league baseball.
I'm glad you enjoyed! Good luck, watch your commas when modding.
There is some of the older enemies/content I'll be going back over and updating to be more inline with current content. Kyra specifically.

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've been hard at work (or hardly working?) at making another list of spelling and grammar stuff, and it's awfully picky. It's also shaping up to be quite long, so I was going to show it a little early in case Threshold wanted to get started on it. So far, I have covered everything I did on the initial adventure to the mountain for the quest, and every single mountain event + the brothel scene. I'll be working on the monsters a little later, I just wanted to put out what I've done so far.

Here's the link to the Google Doc:

Let me know if anyone has anything to say about my suggestions (if they're even willing to slog through everything in the first place), and I plan on either editing this comment once I'm finished, or quoting this in a new post once everything in the v12 update has been covered.\

EDIT: It's finished.

Last edited:

Williamtheshatner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry to double post, but I keep running into an odd error with the manticore encounter where attempting to "go for one more round" will sometimes trigger her to simply say goodbye and send you on your merry way. I just want to see the lewds, and I'm being cruelly rejected. I'm not sure what the error exactly is, though.

Scepticism

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry to double post, but I keep running into an odd error with the manticore encounter where attempting to "go for one more round" will sometimes trigger her to simply say goodbye and send you on your merry way. I just want to see the lewds, and I'm being cruelly rejected. I'm not sure what the error exactly is, though.
Give it some time. TS is usually quick when it comes to bugfixes.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
When it randomly selected a scene to display, one of the scenes was typed incorrectly, well, wasn't capitalized. So it would jump to the last scene available.

Give it some time. TS is usually quick when it comes to bugfixes.
This weekend it will be out.

...I may have broken all the save files though doing a thing though. On the plus side you will only need to go into options to update your save once and a while now!
Aka, Databases are now loaded on game start up.
Was also to cut down on save file size and save times.

Razeluxe

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Huh, well it's trying to read more things than actually exist from the array for some reason.
I will definitely look into it.

You wouldn't happen to know if you did something in your inventory or equipment before this started happening do you?
Since starting a new save I haven't run into any trouble. 2 items I can recall having before that I don't have in my current file though are the vitality amulet and the strongest healing potion from the trader. Past that, I'm not sure.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v13 is out fixing a bunch of stuff and rehauling stuff.
Also I broke all the old saves.

Since starting a new save I haven't run into any trouble. 2 items I can recall having before that I don't have in my current file though are the vitality amulet and the strongest healing potion from the trader. Past that, I'm not sure.
Well I did a thing just in case.