What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Monster Girl Dreams Alpha v4 (BFRPG)

-Might just be I can't find it yet, but it doesn't seem like there's much interaction with the Blowjob status. Making Out you can (in theory) use for deep kiss, Sex has Thrust and Pound, but BJ doesn't have anything like a throatfuck, grabbing dem elfin ears and trying to take control, etc. Speaking of making out...

-Deep Kiss hasn't actually worked for me yet, even when I'm in the Making Out status (not exactly hard with elves...) I always get the message it failed.
Turns out deep kiss was actually broken! So that will be fixed in the next version.

And currently there is no throat fuck currently move but I will keep that in mind for the future.

-Also on the note of elves, considering how well they tag team you - one just hoovers your dick and the other hoovers your lungs - it's a bit of a letdown that when you lose, one of them stops existing while the other fucks you. Seems like a prime opportunity for a messy threesome.
It is definitely on my to do list.

-Two-enemy battles are REALLY fun for the H possibility, but very non interactive after a point. With one elf glued to your dick and one facehugger, most of your actions are sealed, you can't really interact with either of them with most of your moves. I actually like the idea a lot, just feels like I should get some new options there since they're both latched onto me and not going anywhere. Throatfuck, double grope, give in to the thiccness, whatever.
Multi enemy fights will probably be one of the harder things to balance, next ver the enemies won't be able to lock you into stances the moment you escape so at least you can try to run. As for attacks that hit multiple targets, they probably won't be available till around level 10 or so I think, once they get added to the game.

-I like the Inn mini plotline and the choice you can make on the second time around, but it doesn't seem to effect much, you still get drained/drugged the same. That section seems like it has a lot of potential though and the innkeeper is interesting.
You could always skip the meal.
The inn keeper will probably get a name at some point at the very least.

-There's very little fanfare for cumming in battle. No one reacts, you just get stunned for a turn and enemies get to pile on some free lust, and then everything continues as normal. I'm not saying there should be major out of battle losses to it (kinda annoying when you lose permanent stats for trying to enjoy the content in a h game) but larger consequences in battle, like setting the enemy you came on in a lust frenzy or something, could be more interesting to play against!
I'm unsure if the stun on orgasm thing will stay or not currently, but it can be offset if you buy gear with stun resist, if your lucky.

And later on I'd like to add some enemies that regain hp or level drain you if you cum to them in combat. Maybe even some other effects. But that's a ways away.

Next version you will be able to get those stats you lost back. If you have the eros.

-Not sure if this is a bug or I'm just unlucky, but I've NEVER seen the second elf use Blowjob Assist and neither of them uses Magical Binding
Blowjob Assist was also broken I'm pretty sure, but I might actually rehaul blowjob so they can both just use that at the same time. Because blowjob assist can't be used while making out and they really like to use that.

Magical Binding isn't in their skill list because they didn't need more ways to lock down the player, but the dialogue is still there in the file from when they did have it.

-I can't seem to get images to work when customizing stuff, are there any special rules for that? Either nothing shows up at all or it gets an error saying it can't find the image whether I give the full location, including file type, or just move it into the images folder and use "name.png" still gives the error.
Ok, this could have actually been a few things.

Next version of the guide will clear it up hopefully and I fixed folders.
There was a bunch of older files for monsters and NPCs still floating in the files that you might have edited by accident, cause there was no way for you to know. Those will be gone next time. So use the ones in the forest folder for enemies.

Bigger problem is that the image folder in the renpy folder, isn't where images were actually supposed to go. You actually needed to go into the game folder and put the images in the image folder there. The other image folder will be gone next time. "image.png" should work fine once you have it in the right folder.

Damn me misleading people by accident with the mod guide.

-4+ monsters in one location breaks the scroll bar
Coulda swore that worked, well. It does now, for the next ver.

Overall it seems like a great start to a game that I can see myself enjoying enormously - the framework you have down now is fantastic! Writing is solid too, which is the part where these games make or break. Definitely looking forward to seeing more. Spent a few hours today messing with the modding and adding a few new enemies to mess around with, those damn commas keep getting me! haha
Thank you!
and yeah the commas will get you, renpy at least tells you the line that's missing the comma. Then you just need to figure out which file it was if you added multiple at once.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Short answer: Male protag only.

Long answer: To be honest it isn't completely outside the realm of possibility for me to add in a female protag. But a female protag would basically need her own story, own versions of events and/or new events, and a bunch of changes to the combat system. It would basically double the amount of work I'd need to do, if not more. So for now, and probably a long time, I am going to stay focused on improving and expanding on what there is now rather than spread myself thin.
That was kind of what I was thinking, but it didn't hurt to have it confirmed I suppose!

Also, random thought, but "Spirit" with how its described doesn't really seem to fit what it actually does, I think. Maybe something like Stamina or Vigor? Perhaps even something like... I dunno, Sanity. Hrm.

I mean the defeat scenes seem less like the hero is drained of his life energy (for obvious reasons) and more like he simply loses the will to resist or such. It also being such a high number kind of nags at me, but that's mostly because we don't really get to know how much 'damage' an ejaculation takes until it happens.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also, random thought, but "Spirit" with how its described doesn't really seem to fit what it actually does, I think. Maybe something like Stamina or Vigor? Perhaps even something like... I dunno, Sanity. Hrm.

I mean the defeat scenes seem less like the hero is drained of his life energy (for obvious reasons) and more like he simply loses the will to resist or such. It also being such a high number kind of nags at me, but that's mostly because we don't really get to know how much 'damage' an ejaculation takes until it happens.
Spirit is supposed to represent the amount the player can cum before they can't go on. If I did change its name it would probably be Vigor or Reason.

Spirit losses on orgasm probably should get stated...

Eventually spirit lost will be dependent on factors other than just at random. Like how much over your arousal cap you were and maybe even the players willpower.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Spirit is supposed to represent the amount the player can cum before they can't go on. If I did change its name it would probably be Vigor or Reason.

Spirit losses on orgasm probably should get stated...

Eventually spirit lost will be dependent on factors other than just at random. Like how much over your arousal cap you were and maybe even the players willpower.
That seems sensible. I'd personally say a small number is easier for this, like 1 point is well, 1 ejaculation but that might end up being too restricting... I'm sure you'll figure it out well enough!

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I always feel like my opinions for anything that isn't an animated RoR platformer feel like the opinions of a gourmet chef at an alleyway diner, and my criticisms will either be boo'd away, ignored, or considered "just too much to ask", but regardless, here's my two cents..

Besides being yet another mostly-typical text-based BFRPG, whom which seem to be popping up a lot lately, this one does have a few interesting qualities.

Cumming mid-battle is a nice feature, but it's wasted on the fact that all you get is a generic message when it happens. You'd think it'd have a much more guilty/satisfying sting to it if your character came when an elf was blowing him and the message was something more like

"She stayed latched on and sucked gently, milking a steady flow from your pulsing cock as you helplessly watched her swallow your seed, a timid almost obedient look in her eyes as she finished off your orgasm."

But maybe something like that will appear in a future update.

Also, one option I liked in MGQ was when you surrendered, it basically acted as an auto-select-wait command, which meant you could relax and actually attempt to get off to this game that was built for getting off to.

But sadly this game does not have that.. You can either spam guard, or "surrender", and get an annoying teasy/dominant/fendom BS ending.

.. In conclusion, if both those features were added, this game would be much nicer.. Perhaps one could argue that said features may turn it into some kind of glorified "forced sex simulator", but how many have forgotten that that was indeed the exact purpose of hentai games, back in the day..

You can have a cool game with hentai in it, or you can have a hentai game with nice gameplay, but the two only truly marry in a platformer.. Any other genre will always leaving you wanting either more gameplay or more hentai.. Or just more of both..

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Cumming mid-battle is a nice feature, but it's wasted on the fact that all you get is a generic message when it happens. You'd think it'd have a much more guilty/satisfying sting to it if your character came when an elf was blowing him and the message was something more like

"She stayed latched on and sucked gently, milking a steady flow from your pulsing cock as you helplessly watched her swallow your seed, a timid almost obedient look in her eyes as she finished off your orgasm."

It definitely will in some form at some point. As the current orgasm text is rather. Bland, and repeats whenever it happens. I'll probably do this soon, but it won't be in the next update.

Also, one option I liked in MGQ was when you surrendered, it basically acted as an auto-select-wait command, which meant you could relax and actually attempt to get off to this game that was built for getting off to.

But sadly this game does not have that.. You can either spam guard, or "surrender", and get an annoying teasy/dominant/fendom BS ending.
I actually had it like this before then got complaints about it taking to long before posting it to this forum. I must find a middle ground then. That or set it to be an option if you want to skip the combat or let them have their way with you in the combat.

Probably have to add an option to ask for a specific scene from an enemy too at some point, once there ARE more scenes on enemies.

Last edited:

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I always feel like my opinions for anything that isn't an animated RoR platformer feel like the opinions of a gourmet chef at an alleyway diner, and my criticisms will either be boo'd away, ignored, or considered "just too much to ask", but regardless, here's my two cents..

Besides being yet another mostly-typical text-based BFRPG, whom which seem to be popping up a lot lately, this one does have a few interesting qualities.

.. In conclusion, if both those features were added, this game would be much nicer.. Perhaps one could argue that said features may turn it into some kind of glorified "forced sex simulator", but how many have forgotten that that was indeed the exact purpose of hentai games, back in the day..

You can have a cool game with hentai in it, or you can have a hentai game with nice gameplay, but the two only truly marry in a platformer.. Any other genre will always leaving you wanting either more gameplay or more hentai.. Or just more of both..
I believe it has been mentioned already, but some kind of empowerment penalty for the monster girl would be a nice addition if she actually gets you to cum inside of her, a focus on trying to keep yourself from giving her too much food before she gets so powerful that you can't break her holds, can't run away, ect would be appropriate, also, being attached to the monster girl should be a very dangerous situation, while it would certainly make sense to do more damage to her, in the long run, you are in putting yourself in a situation which benefits her, having sex with a monster girl would be like a fly voluntarily going into a venus fly trap, its also something she should be trying her best to ensure you can't escape from, rather than pushing you off at every opportunity.

just my 2c.

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I actually had it like this before then got complaints about it taking to long before posting it to this forum. I must find a middle ground then. That or set it to be an option if you want to skip the combat or let them have their way with you in the combat.

Probably have to add an option to ask for a specific scene from an enemy too at some point, once there ARE more scenes on enemies.
Well, you got three options for a fix here.

1. Do what most sensible text-based hentai game devs do, and add a simple "wait" command. It's like "guard" but without a defense boost.

2. Go the extra mile, change the surrender back to being a "auto-select-wait" command, because who the fuck wants to fast-forward to losing in a game where all the good stuff happens "while" you lose, and not after... Seriously, if you can get off to a single bad-end text dump, go read some erotic rp's or something..

3. Add an option in the options menu to toggle surrendering between "jump to bad-end scene" and "auto-select-wait", to make everyone happy.

.. Personally I've never understood how people can get off to a text-based hentai game because the grapples are never lustful enough.. And, on the occasion that they are (CoC), they're not varied enough.. Your game comes across as actually having both aspects to an extent, yet you paradoxically don't have the one thing that most of the other games WOULD have, that lack the other two.. An option to just let the enemy have their way with you, pseudo-surrendering to them. Letting your character suffer through being seduced or fed on, but not just skipping to an end-battle text-dump.

Now, I don't claim to know why people play these games, or yours specifically, but I will claim to know the basic psychology behind arousal, and the act of getting off to something, and it does not involve staring at a screen of text and clicking your mouse, with the only exception being that the text is REALLY good, and even then, if it was, you'd be aggravated by having to constantly click to move it forward via "waiting/guarding".

With MGQ, there's CG art, and sound-effects to act as a strong catalyst.. But if you're attempting to make a text-based game alone get someone off, you have to have damn good text.. Otherwise you're just making another "mildly nice ero-text game to get excited playing then get off later that evening" game to add to the pile.. And if that's you're goal, well, you're already there, you can stop now.

But if you want to make a text-based erotic game that stands out, then continue the style that you're going for now, but make sure that the content is fappable, i.e give the player a method to fap to it without having to manage anything. Also, really polish up the struggle events, I mean REALLY polish them, to a mirror sheen, at least TEN different kinds of text-events per action that can occur.

I'm a fairly experienced rp'er, and I'd almost consider volunteering for adding some of the text needed for the game, since it seems like it has some genuine promise.. I always wanted to just make my own, but I guess I never could find whatever software you guys are using, or I never mastered how to use it.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Alpha V5 is up!

Also, really polish up the struggle events, I mean REALLY polish them, to a mirror sheen, at least TEN different kinds of text-events per action that can occur.
For the struggle events I'm guessing your referring to the text when you try to struggle or get out of a stance?
and how it currently is the same line all the time regardless of what's going on.

I'm a fairly experienced rp'er, and I'd almost consider volunteering for adding some of the text needed for the game, since it seems like it has some genuine promise.. I always wanted to just make my own, but I guess I never could find whatever software you guys are using, or I never mastered how to use it.
Well the game has a lot of modable aspects if you want to make your own enemies or events. But a lot of things like the struggle text are still currently hard coded into the game.

There are a lot of options to try and start your own game, Ren'py is pretty easy to pick up if you have no idea on how to code, if your trying to just make a VN styled game.
RPG maker is another one that's apparently pretty easy to learn, never messed around with it myself.
Twine is also a good option to pick up if you want to make a raw text based game.

I don't know your coding experience or what you've tried already but I hope this helps.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
In V5,
Lust Rune is completely broken and both options move you to 2 elves lose scene.
If you quit to main menu and start a new game your level, stats and fetishes are preserved.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In V5,
Lust Rune is completely broken and both options move you to 2 elves lose scene.
If you quit to main menu and start a new game your level, stats and fetishes are preserved.
I have not been able to recreate the first issue, only thing I can think of that might cause this is if you loaded a V4 save and updated the database.
I should probably clarify more when I say all old save files break... Cause weird stuff can happen when I actually break saves overall.
Course that might not even be what's happening. So. Uh, If you have any ideas on what might have caused it to occur please let me know.

Second thing will be fixed in the next version, thank you for pointing it out!

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I didn't used previous saves, through previous saves jumped to the innkeeper win scene if i loaded them.
Just re-downloaded the file to be sure 37 634 549 bits.
Started new game and got the same result... so i am not sure why this is happening if you say it should work fine.

Lurker_01

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Sorry for double post, but this is for dev visibility.
So i dug into the files... First changing files between versions then decreasing the scope and found the culprit.
It seems the change in event handling created this problem, game\gamecode\adventureCode\adventuring.rpy:176-181

The v4:
$ currentChoice = getFromNameOfScene(display, explorationDeck[currentEvent].theEvents)
$ DialogueIsFrom = "Event"
$ displayingScene = explorationDeck[currentEvent].theEvents[currentChoice]
$ actorOneName = explorationDeck[currentEvent].Speakers[0].name
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_2

The v5:
if isEventNow == 0:
$ currentChoice = getFromNameOfScene(display, EventDatabase[DataLocation].theEvents)
$ DialogueIsFrom = "Event"
$ displayingScene = EventDatabase[DataLocation].theEvents[currentChoice]
$ actorOneName = EventDatabase[DataLocation].Speakers[0].name
call displayScene from _call_displayScene_2

For some reason the new code can't find the event (i think, or some variables gets messed up) and the result is that it goes to the last loaded events file and to the last scene of that file.
It seems that $ displayingScene is the "File locator" and the $ currentChoice is the "Scene locator" because if i don't change it and change only the $ displayingScene i get the last scene in the LustRune.json

God damn this editor is awful with no common used tags and preview completely lied to me not adding line breaks where it should.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Oooh an update!
I noticed after getting the dual elf loss scene, when I ran into the lust traps, selecting the first option to try and stop it would always make the defeat scene play out again without any effect.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sorry for double post, but this is for dev visibility.
So i dug into the files... First changing files between versions then decreasing the scope and found the culprit.
It seems the change in event handling created this problem, game\gamecode\adventureCode\adventuring.rpy:176-181
Oooh an update!
I noticed after getting the dual elf loss scene, when I ran into the lust traps, selecting the first option to try and stop it would always make the defeat scene play out again without any effect.
Ok well I figured out the problem, not sure how I missed this in v5 when I was testing it.

And it didn't happen for me because the stuff I'm doing for v6 has indecently, already fixed the problem.

In v5 when it tries to get to the next part of the lust rune trap it SHOULD go to look into the TrapDatabase, but I only have the EventDatabase get looked through.
In v4 its looking through the deck of 'cards' the player built.
The change in v5 was so I could go to events from places other than when the player is adventuring. But I forgot to accommodate traps for this change.

So thank you for pointing this out! I'm happy that the issue was already solved for the next ver but am really, really sad I missed this issue.

Giratena

Translator Succubus
Reputation score
Oh an update! Nice!
I can't wait to chect this out, this is a great non-CG game concept and I'd love to see you continue to work on it.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v6 is now out!

Download and change log in first post.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hate to double post but v7 is now out.

Change log available in the first post.

Windows: mega.nz/#!k3ZhnTaS!0ZEusg_AK7VCfTpXgXPHArMJrpCyouyYGkdTukcbp8c
Mac: mega.nz/#!A6ZX1Jga!1qDNWcq9rDfmxjO6Tc0pJkXELOHXgtM3c-i_C17948o
Linux: mega.nz/#!EiZCALLY!ZNoFu5QQ2z_jAtf7ZQhlJUl06HomGWaWJZ9Fb_6qWy0

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Hate to double post but v7 is now out.

Change log available in the first post.

Windows: mega.nz/#!k3ZhnTaS!0ZEusg_AK7VCfTpXgXPHArMJrpCyouyYGkdTukcbp8c
Mac: mega.nz/#!A6ZX1Jga!1qDNWcq9rDfmxjO6Tc0pJkXELOHXgtM3c-i_C17948o
Linux: mega.nz/#!EiZCALLY!ZNoFu5QQ2z_jAtf7ZQhlJUl06HomGWaWJZ9Fb_6qWy0
Don't worry about it too much, I think everyone is still getting used to this new forum layout anyway... still, woohoo, new update!

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Well damn, with all the forum downtime I didn't even know there was a v6.

...Time to see if I can un-fuck my added enemies for the new system and explore the new content!

---

Alrighty then, some thoughts;

-Succubutt Inkeep still does 75 spirit damage (based on old system right?) which means the next girl you run into auto oneshots you. Might want to change to 2 spirit or something.

-HOLY FUCKING SHIT NICCI IS GREAT. Both the nectar bath, the battle and its various, uh, 'outcomes', and just her general character. I really like how she actually worries for you in one of the loss scenes when she realizes you're getting carried away, and in general she just seems really sweet.

-Speaking of her battle, I REALLY like the combination of effects leading into each other. Breast Smother leading into Smother Sex for example. It really plays up the idea that the more of her skillset she snares you in, the less ways you have to react, which is perfect given her style. I had been playing around with doing with with custom enemies but you really knocked it out of the park I think! That said, the reliance on Charm for her to titfuck in battle makes it hard to view that ending ingame, even with 5 willpower I never got charmed unless I was already vined/breast caressed which leads into sex. So I had to read it from her monster file.

-I still can't get the elves to do any kind of double blowjob, once one hoovers the character's dick the other forgets how to do anything but kiss.

---

Overall I really like where this is going and am definitely going to be keeping an eye on it.

Last edited: