What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
PC: Crash on startup. Mac: Crash when trying to save
PC: Had to run this in compatability mode for windows XP as well as running it as administrator. To do this you need to right click and go to properties.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
He's talking about when you go to do the optional mimic adventure once you clear the first dungeon. I checked the file for mimic and found it empty, which tells me it's a wip and you just forgot it was there when you released v0.9.
Oh I see now what happened. I forgot to switch where the generic mimic event jumped to after I made the bag mimic. So it was left on the bar scene instead. Whoops.

PC: Had to run this in compatability mode for windows XP as well as running it as administrator. To do this you need to right click and go to properties.
Huh... I wonder why it bugs up like that though.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Huh... I wonder why it bugs up like that though.
Probably a compatibility issue? XP doesn't even receive support from the current generation of games, to give you some insight. It's all OSX/Win7/Win8/Win10 nowadays. Majority of the world is using one of the four, so it's a bit unexpected that someone is still using XP. Hell, Win7 is basically the same OS, except better.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v9.1 is out fixing numerous issues.
Remember to update your save in options if you have a save.

Probably a compatibility issue? XP doesn't even receive support from the current generation of games, to give you some insight. It's all OSX/Win7/Win8/Win10 nowadays. Majority of the world is using one of the four, so it's a bit unexpected that someone is still using XP. Hell, Win7 is basically the same OS, except better.
I didn't think ren'py could have compatibility issues.

Alzhar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I try going to the forest dungeon but it just says I return back to town. Also should purging unclean thoughts revert your fetishes level back to origin or no.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
v9.1 is out fixing numerous issues.
Remember to update your save in options if you have a save.

I didn't think ren'py could have compatibility issues.
Are saves still broken if you're going from version to version? Also, I'm assuming V1.0 won't be coming Friday? Given the Holidays just happened and New Years is on Sunday.

I could see a compatibility issue. XP is an older OS and, while Ren'py did release around the time XP was still relevant, such is not the case now. The problem with building an engine is keeping the code up-to-date and improving on each build. If you're keeping the engine compatible for an OS that almost nobody uses, you're only adding to your workload and permitting the presence of bugs and other issues in the future. Better to ditch something nobody uses anymore in favor of keeping everything running smoothly.

darkwhite1602

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
The issue of crashing to desktop has been happening since v7.

heathbar101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It seems like in v9.1, the mimic encounter in the 1st area now plays the elf bar scene.

sven123

Lurker
Reputation score
I try going to the forest dungeon but it just says I return back to town. Also should purging unclean thoughts revert your fetishes level back to origin or no.
Same here. Just unlocked the dungeon but when I tried to go there it immediately returned me to the town. Is this a bug?

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v9.1a hotfix is now to fix issues.

Same here. Just unlocked the dungeon but when I tried to go there it immediately returned me to the town. Is this a bug?
Like these, thank you.

It seems like in v9.1, the mimic encounter in the 1st area now plays the elf bar scene.
I think you just needed to update your save, but looking into it I found another issues with the mimic that I fixed.

The issue of crashing to desktop has been happening since v7.
So prior to v7 you could run it no problem?
That's odd... v7 didn't do too much to the game. Maybe this is all on ren'pys end?
I should check if mine needs an update.

Are saves still broken if you're going from version to version? Also, I'm assuming V1.0 won't be coming Friday? Given the Holidays just happened and New Years is on Sunday.

I could see a compatibility issue. XP is an older OS and, while Ren'py did release around the time XP was still relevant, such is not the case now. The problem with building an engine is keeping the code up-to-date and improving on each build. If you're keeping the engine compatible for an OS that almost nobody uses, you're only adding to your workload and permitting the presence of bugs and other issues in the future. Better to ditch something nobody uses anymore in favor of keeping everything running smoothly.
I denote if the saves break in a version, I'm going to be trying to have that happen less. So when they don't break you just gotta update the save file in the options.

Would be v10 not v1.0. Will probably switch to v0.1/v1.0 ext once its not an alpha. Which I think will be around v12-15?
But yeah im trying to fix all the bugs currently over trying to move forward right now.
Hopefully v9.1a will be last one I need to do cause new years is on the way, I would like to relax a bit.

Well I'm usually it on windows 8.1 and have tested it on windows 10 without an issue.
I'll definitely need to look into whatever the issue actually is. Cause it bothers me.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I denote if the saves break in a version, I'm going to be trying to have that happen less. So when they don't break you just gotta update the save file in the options.
Maybe look into what's causing the saves to break? Only other engine I've heard of that breaks saves is RAGS (lol), so it could be something in your code. Alternatively, I don't know too much about Ren'py and it could just be the engine's fault.

Would be v10 not v1.0. Will probably switch to v0.1/v1.0 ext once its not an alpha. Which I think will be around v12-15?
I mean, I'm going by the metric system of "after 0.9 is 1.0 because you can't go higher than a tenth with decimals" or some shit. I'm also bad at numbers.

But yeah im trying to fix all the bugs currently over trying to move forward right now.
Hopefully v9.1a will be last one I need to do cause new years is on the way, I would like to relax a bit.
I know it contradicts my first post about this project, but I feel like you've made an admirable amount of momentum despite. Take a break, get your affairs in order, etc. Just don't take too much time away. Modern psychology says if you put a project aside for too long, it takes even longer to get back into it. You also lose track of what you were doing with it before and may release something you're not satisfied with, or reset everything just to repeat the process over.

Well I'm usually it on windows 8.1 and have tested it on windows 10 without an issue.
I'll definitely need to look into whatever the issue actually is. Cause it bothers me.
Win7/8/10 are the most current OS's from Microsoft right now. Win7 is probably on it's way out support-wise and I wouldn't doubt if, within the next 2-3 years developers for both engines and games discontinue support. Biggest issue is another guy in this thread said up to v0.7 worked for him, and I have to wonder what might have changed or if the compatibility mode on XP thing is related to his thing. Dunno, and too tired to hypothesize on things I'm not wholly familiar with.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
It isn't a proper game update if you don't fix things, and then break several others. Sounds like he's on the right track!
I'm getting pretty familiar with the 'early game' at this point, but its still rather enjoyable.
Even if I still wish I could get a female protagonist or such, even though I know there is a good reason why not. Still really am curious how a lot of this will turn out in the long run...

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Maybe look into what's causing the saves to break? Only other engine I've heard of that breaks saves is RAGS (lol), so it could be something in your code. Alternatively, I don't know too much about Ren'py and it could just be the engine's fault.
I do know what makes them break actually. Under normal circumstances at least.
If I add in new variables in a version that need to be saved long term, they get called when you start a new game, and when they get called in an older save they don't exist and it crashes.
I can fix this by checking if they exist when the player updates the save. and if they dont exist, make them exist.

The ones that will be a problem I think will be if I edit classes, like the player, and add new variables to that. It might be possible to transfer all the data to a new class iteration of the player, but I'm not sure, I will need to test it to make sure it doesn't explode something.

I mean, I'm going by the metric system of "after 0.9 is 1.0 because you can't go higher than a tenth with decimals" or some shit. I'm also bad at numbers.
As long as the number keeps going up it's good.

I know it contradicts my first post about this project, but I feel like you've made an admirable amount of momentum despite. Take a break, get your affairs in order, etc. Just don't take too much time away. Modern psychology says if you put a project aside for too long, it takes even longer to get back into it. You also lose track of what you were doing with it before and may release something you're not satisfied with, or reset everything just to repeat the process over.
I just needed things to stop breaking, and i need to plan out all the things I'm doing for the next update.
And new years break was nice.

Win7/8/10 are the most current OS's from Microsoft right now. Win7 is probably on it's way out support-wise and I wouldn't doubt if, within the next 2-3 years developers for both engines and games discontinue support. Biggest issue is another guy in this thread said up to v0.7 worked for him, and I have to wonder what might have changed or if the compatibility mode on XP thing is related to his thing. Dunno, and too tired to hypothesize on things I'm not wholly familiar with.
Compatibility is weird.

It isn't a proper game update if you don't fix things, and then break several others. Sounds like he's on the right track!
I'm getting pretty familiar with the 'early game' at this point, but its still rather enjoyable.
Even if I still wish I could get a female protagonist or such, even though I know there is a good reason why not. Still really am curious how a lot of this will turn out in the long run...
I'd prefer if everything just worked perfectly the first time. But sometimes everything explodes behind you and you don't notice then you frantically have to run back and fix it when someone tells you to look behind you.

I hope it turns out well.

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Generally liking the new content. The imp triple BJ was fun, mushroom waifu is REALY cute and I want to give her a hug, and blowjob bag is certainly unique as fuck haha. New bosses are quite hard but interesting. Haven't had any major bugs, but insomnia runes give aphrodasaic resist instead of sleep resist which makes fighting the sleep inducing monsters rather annoying haha. Also a minor visual bug, on the levelup screen, where the "Finished" option is well below the rest of the window and kinda half hidden under the bottom text box.

Could use some more spellchecking as well... lot of typos this release.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Generally liking the new content. The imp triple BJ was fun, mushroom waifu is REALY cute and I want to give her a hug, and blowjob bag is certainly unique as fuck haha. New bosses are quite hard but interesting. Haven't had any major bugs, but insomnia runes give aphrodasaic resist instead of sleep resist which makes fighting the sleep inducing monsters rather annoying haha. Also a minor visual bug, on the levelup screen, where the "Finished" option is well below the rest of the window and kinda half hidden under the bottom text box.

Could use some more spellchecking as well... lot of typos this release.
Darn item errors, will need to look into that.

I'll check into the level up screen thing. I'm not to shocked that changing the text box size would cause some issues.

Also not too shocked on the typos, pretty sure most of them are in the ending portion of the dungeon?
Should be fixed up for the next version, and hopefully not too many new ones.

I'm glad you liked the update despite the issues!

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Darn item errors, will need to look into that.

I'll check into the level up screen thing. I'm not to shocked that changing the text box size would cause some issues.

Also not too shocked on the typos, pretty sure most of them are in the ending portion of the dungeon?
Should be fixed up for the next version, and hopefully not too many new ones.

I'm glad you liked the update despite the issues!
This is easily one of the most promising games for me atm, alongside zell23's. Regular, significant updates and a lot of creativity rather than an endless torrent of shitty excuses and patreon whoring like certain unnamed projects. Always happy to see an update and test it out. I keep meaning to get more into actually making monsters and events but I seem to have an absolute gift for breaking everything whenever I try. >_> baby steps, baby steps.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
This is easily one of the most promising games for me atm, alongside zell23's. Regular, significant updates and a lot of creativity rather than an endless torrent of shitty excuses and patreon whoring like certain unnamed projects. Always happy to see an update and test it out. I keep meaning to get more into actually making monsters and events but I seem to have an absolute gift for breaking everything whenever I try. >_> baby steps, baby steps.
That's quite the bit of praise.
Though I don't think I would be as excited for my games updates as much as zell23's, not yet at least.

Yeah the modding is still a bit rough, next patch should hopefully have some parts make more sense and I'm going to be going over the modding guide so it can be more informative.
Comma issues will be forever though.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hate to double post but v10 is now out.
It is almost entirely mechanical changes. Check the change log for more details.

JonkoSlunko

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I guess it is my save or something but when I go on an adventure and encounter an enemy the game crash, and there are times when I encounter 3 elves at a bar scene while on an adventure. VERY good game and thanks so much for the modding guide! I been wondering for some time how you can put pictures in!

Last edited:

Cryswar

Demon Girl
Reputation score
New mimic is a super cutie. I really enjoy her concept and her lines, she seems interesting and similar to the BJ bag she's pretty fuckin scary if you mosey on in with your dick swinging and set her up for a fuckfest.

Looking forward to trying some modding, I've actually had a few ideas lately I want to play with... will probably start small updating the innkeep (yes I'm still on about her) but there are a few other event and monster ideas I've had floating around.

I have to say, I really like the new skills and stat strengthening - in the past I had found that Tech - Insert, especially if a little overleveled, let you one-round most stuff weak to it and with a little extra work you could destroy anything with it period. Even Sofia went down with a bit of work and no item usage in the 40s. Now that Willpower and Power have many more uses and Allure is better too I feel like skills not named Technique are in a better place which is a lot healthier for the game overall and makes me a little less prone to defaulting to just leveling Tech.

...Though the new Tech multithrust skill is absolutely obscene lmao. Casually doing 400-500 damage without setup is worth the 3x self damage. I've got to get working on a Power build to see what the highest single hit damage I can do is.