What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Threshold] Monster Girl Dreams

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.b bug fix update is now out and should fix some major issues, also it has some smol balancing adjustments.

edit: If I'm honest, the minigame feels a bit superfluous. Ren'py isn't the best engine for that, and "Monster Girl Dreams is a text based BFRPG".
The WP temple's gimmicks weren't over the top, but I was still glad the caverns reverted to the good old card-based or random dungeon delving, thus leaving more dev time for what we all care most about: headpatting more and more cute monster girls.

In case no more MGs are planned for the labyrinth, this might be a good time to tackle one of these "Side areas and side quests, such as an Elf Village" next, if that allows for a more relaxed, less constraining development that'd still fill we ravenous players' bellies.
Labyrinth was kinda always meant to be a bit of a weird one with the mini game. And I don't intend to add more characters to it. Though I would like to expand on the 4.
(And the mechanics weren't as much of a time sink as people prolly think, i had a lot of other things happen.)
And ye I'm very free to do whatever I want for a bit before I start onto the capital. First tho I need to stop the game from exploding from bugs.

I might be speaking out of turn, but MGD's grown a big girl; single parents are often advised to look for a suitable partner to help raise the kid healthy & strong.
And if you mean more people to help on the game, logistics are hard, but ive been working at it. xD

edit 2: I have now finished the Labyrinth and thoroughly enjoyed my time trying to beat it. Spent a lot of time losing on Floor 4. It's pretty punishing to go through a trap to get a key and then have to go back through the trap because the key was in a dead end, but that's just how it is I guess, unless I missed a key mechanic. I did end up escaping eventually. I think the Labyrinth is a fun addition and I look forward to seeing if any new interactions get added there (like how other enemies allow you to visit them instead of only re-fighting them). Capital city hype is at an all time high for me now. Super interested to see what direction it takes. Will it be another town or will it kinda be a dungeon? Maybe the laws are a little more lax there and assaults might be a little more common? Time to wait and see.
I think the labyrinth prolly needs more balancing tuning to be a bit more enjoyable for floor 3/4.
I have a lotta ideas for the capital, but there's a lot to decide on for it.

Ceris > Iabel > Ushris > Beris is my ranking. Can't help it though, I just love boobs and Ceris is very good at using them. I very much appreciate the added Headpat content as well. Especially the hat trick with Ushris.
New Slime CG is cute. Slimes are cute. Vili, Mika, and Aiko CGs are also good. I like the use of CG variations and effects to kinda give that animated feel. Very good update overall. Congrats to Threshold and the team of people contributing. OH! Also the new map is looking great!
Boobs indeed good.

I wanna make a game now...
Not to discourage you, but I'ma be blunt/honest and say 'that's hell you're walking into.'

Last edited:

eatthemuffin

Reputation score
After getting the bugfixed version, this explains why I was still stuck on floor 3. I was collecting all the keys, but never got the acknowledgement that I did, nor could I open the door. So I ended up running all over the floor thinking I had one more key to find. Guess it was a bug after all.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
'that's hell you're walking into.'
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions "
I sincerely hope you get through yours (dev hell). MGD is a gem of a game, I wish you and her all the best :giggle:

edit: I could suggest some more simple 'minigames' for the (lore-obligatory?) true sigil challenge. I think a gauntlet with traps/events specific to one Hellhound (disabling items/skills of course) could make for a good challenge (alternate spar rematch?), and may help players see the strengths of the feature you went through some pain to implement (very few Ren'py games made such minigames possible). But I have no doubt you already have that 99% planned out. Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.c is now out to properly fix the Venefica quest error.
Edit: v24.d is now out to fix a debug thing I left in and an error with one of Iabel's attacks.

Last edited:

Triplebrc

Reputation score
Really enjoyed coming back to this game after 1,5 years. So many characters being fully clothed during fights as well as sex scenes always annoyed me, so I was glad to see some more characters, like the imps, having nudity sprites now during orgy scenes. The addition of a losing scene CG for the slime is also a step in the right direction for me, as despite somewhat getting used to not having it in this game I still really enjoy having pictures for losing scenes or certain holds/attacks. Obviously it would be ideal if all or at least most girls had 1-2 cgs and nudity for their enrage phases and or losing scenes or something, but I am well aware that this is not a reasonable thing to expect for a game that has so many characters and not much manpower behind it, as I imagine the effort to draw or buy good CGs for it is quite considerable/expensive depending on the method of choice, so I will just treat it like an awesome bonus whenever it happens in future.

As for the labyrinth, I really enjoyed that since it freshened things up with the minigame, and I liked me some hellhound content in this game anyway. The third floor was a pain in the ass to get through with all the extras that made it a big nuisance to progress, though I did not mind a bit of a challenge here. Surprisingly I preferred Ceris over Beris, which is highly unusual for me since I usually prefer the girls a bit less monstrous in their physical features, must be the big boobs and her endearing personality. Obviously I enjoyed the interactions with Beris too, but I am really looking forward to more Ceris content in future since Beris already has more content (not that I would be mad about more of her either though), be it Ceris actually turning out to having a similar but more well hidden enjoyment to being dominated her sister has or just fighting for control with her like it is with others like the headstrong Manticore girl, or just succumbing to her, whatever is planned for her in future.
The other two did not really do that much for me fetish wise, as I do not really enjoy being on the receiving end of pet play, nor am I into giant snake looking monsters, but their personalities were still entertaining.

OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.1 is now out for QoL, Balancing, bug fixes and Tabitha lewd CG for one scene.
Edit: v24.1a is now out to hotfix bugs.

Surprisingly I preferred Ceris over Beris, which is highly unusual for me since I usually prefer the girls a bit less monstrous in their physical features, must be the big boobs and her endearing personality.
I've actually heard that a lot surprisingly, though more so that people liked Ceris a lot more than they expected.

Last edited:

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm surprised by the lack of what feels like "Companions" throughout the story.
There's a few consistent NPC's that only apply their debuff once, and don't reapply it after you pray away the dirt, but still, the hometown feels oddly "empty" for some reason. It's rare to even see them talk to eachother, or have any significance outside of MC just smashing.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It's good to read longer, more frequent changelogs! Thanks for the work!
There's a few consistent NPC's that only apply their debuff once, and don't reapply it after you pray away the dirt, but still, the hometown feels oddly "empty" for some reason. It's rare to even see them talk to eachother, or have any significance outside of MC just smashing.
I'd blame the players who only see cute MGs as "smashing" targets... But none of us are like that, right? :oops:
I agree there are few interactions outside the ones involving MC directly. If Thresh feels like it, that'd be an easy way to breathe some more life into Lucidia.
I could suggest taking notes of silly ideas of that would be fun if... and implement them as flavor text which rarely pops up.
Like: you enter the guild, to witness Elly zapping an adventurer a bit too insistent about Recall stones. Or happen upon Vivian taking a 'pet' out for a walk, or Ember collecting debts at night... edit Or Lilian having a speech in front of an audience very attentive, to how much undergarment she'll show today in her theatrical gestures.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.2a is now out for bug fixing.

It's good to read longer, more frequent changelogs! Thanks for the work!

I'd blame the players who only see cute MGs as "smashing" targets... But none of us are like that, right? :oops:
I agree there are few interactions outside the ones involving MC directly. If Thresh feels like it, that'd be an easy way to breathe some more life into Lucidia.
I could suggest taking notes of silly ideas of that would be fun if... and implement them as flavor text which rarely pops up.
Like: you enter the guild, to witness Elly zapping an adventurer a bit too insistent about Recall stones. Or happen upon Vivian taking a 'pet' out for a walk, or Ember collecting debts at night... edit Or Lilian having a speech in front of an audience very attentive, to how much undergarment she'll show today in her theatrical gestures.
Well there already is an assortment of flavor text for the intro scenes, but I think they more mean like, inter-character interactions, like Elena and Elly bantering? :unsure:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
they more mean like, inter-character interactions, like Elena and Elly bantering? :unsure:
That also works.
I was only referring to flavor text, random cutscenes, things that make NPCs look like more than pebbles (onaholes?) on the side of the road. It's pretty much optional, but if you feel like it... Dragon Ball would never have been great with just Goku.
Looking at Kotone, the girl with the most backstory: everything MC learns is because he pries and pries some more. It'd feel more natural if you got to see new sides of the girls without needing MC to strive to. A bit like the random Mika scenes, nya nya nya.

That's not important at all, but could be a nice plus. Sidequests are great too, but they're much more work (esp. the bunny ones) for perhaps less return.

FrogFrozen

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
There was a mod by Cryswar called Waifupocalypse that added several monster girls. One was a Loli who would come live with you in the inn. (There'd even be some talk of her interacting with other NPCs.) But then Cryswar left to go make his own monstergirl game. Cryswar's mod got taken over by someone that hates Loli and they removed that character. That character was really the only thing I've ever seen for this game that added some dynamic life to the town or some type of "companion" character that moves in with you.

There's another character from the same mod that moves into the church, but her scenes/dialogue are less developed, she doesn't interact with Lillian much, and its just not the same. I don't think you can even find a version of the mod that still has the Loli in it, anymore. She got totally purged. You'd either need to talk to Cryswar for a copy of the old version of the mod, or I think I might still have an old, complete copy somewhere.

EDIT: Just checked. I still have a clean rar, but its for some version of 0.23. There is no version 0.23 of the game that's accessible for download anymore that I can find anywhere.

Last edited:
OP
Threshold

Threshold

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
v24.3 is now out for the mimic revision and an assortment of fixes and QoL stuffs.

There was a mod by Cryswar called Waifupocalypse that added several monster girls. One was a Loli who would come live with you in the inn. (There'd even be some talk of her interacting with other NPCs.) But then Cryswar left to go make his own monstergirl game. Cryswar's mod got taken over by someone that hates Loli and they removed that character. That character was really the only thing I've ever seen for this game that added some dynamic life to the town or some type of "companion" character that moves in with you.

There's another character from the same mod that moves into the church, but her scenes/dialogue are less developed, she doesn't interact with Lillian much, and its just not the same. I don't think you can even find a version of the mod that still has the Loli in it, anymore. She got totally purged. You'd either need to talk to Cryswar for a copy of the old version of the mod, or I think I might still have an old, complete copy somewhere.

EDIT: Just checked. I still have a clean rar, but its for some version of 0.23. There is no version 0.23 of the game that's accessible for download anymore that I can find anywhere.
Epickark as far as I'm aware just updated the mod to keep it working with MGD as it updated, and server rules with discord n such kinda meant it needed to go. Kark prolly also has a copy of the old version as well? Unno.

Cryswar a gud, hug the cryswar.

epickark

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello! Person that took over Cryswar's mod here. You're correct that I removed Clara, the loli character from future versions of the mod, but I'd like you to refrain from spreading misinformation that I did it out of personal bias.

Loli mods are simply not allowed to be hosted or mentioned on the Monster Girl Dreams Discord/Wiki, my alternative would've been to remove Cryswar's mod entirely, since I couldn't really ask him to change it himself when he's already left the scene.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Hello! Person that took over Cryswar's mod here. You're correct that I removed Clara, the loli character from future versions of the mod, but I'd like you to refrain from spreading misinformation that I did it out of personal bias.

Loli mods are simply not allowed to be hosted or mentioned on the Monster Girl Dreams Discord/Wiki, my alternative would've been to remove Cryswar's mod entirely, since I couldn't really ask him to change it himself when he's already left the scene.
Even if you said you did it for a personal bias, I wouldn't fault you.

Cryswar himself didn't include a loli in his own game when he made Divine Dawn.

Ratman1029

Lurker
Reputation score
Came back to replay everything after a hiatus. Gotta say that I still love it and I'd forgotten the insane grinding mindset I get with this game when it comes to challenge characters such as Sophia and Venefica. But I also realized during my replaythrough that I would have absolutely left the succubus campers starve just to give Vivian the middle finger for lying to me if it was an option. That or not forgiving Catherine or at least having some kind of FU response once you get harpy FedEx'ed back down the mountain (yes, I am spiteful).

someonebored

Reputation score
I had a weird thought: how feasible would be to add some kind of coliseum/arena where the player gets to fight "unique enemy teams compositions"? I'm speaking of stuff like Tengu fighting alongside Ghosts, Shizu with Himika and Mizuko… coming up with new combination moves and/or defeat scenes, not to speak of eventual prizes would be a nightmare, but there's also potential for more comedic instances,
like a poor Harpy scared shitless of being near to a Manticore

A few generic enemies show up in different areas, but it would be nice to have a harder challenge.

JakeMSG

Reputation score
I have made my Review on this game, to also push out to the waiting (well, I can hope at least) public the Full Saves I had cooked up for the game, and also the Info I gathered on the game and the Console-Renpy stuff (and tutorials on how to use those). Link to my work just bellow:

I had a weird thought: how feasible would be to add some kind of coliseum/arena where the player gets to fight "unique enemy teams compositions"? I'm speaking of stuff like Tengu fighting alongside Ghosts, Shizu with Himika and Mizuko… coming up with new combination moves and/or defeat scenes, not to speak of eventual prizes would be a nightmare, but there's also potential for more comedic instances,
like a poor Harpy scared shitless of being near to a Manticore

A few generic enemies show up in different areas, but it would be nice to have a harder challenge.
That would actually be some good content, even for a mod, as so far, the fights with multiple enemies either have more of the same common Monster girl, or one of the unique characters with a Clone ability. And such a mod / content add would not even require much new CGs or vfx (although those would be welcomed greatly), as you'd simply add the currently existing enemies, and write some new content for them. Maybe this inspires somebody....