What's new

Through the Mists: Out of Character Discussion

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is Ravenloft. The night time is always serious business.

You.... do realize that you want to parade Ireena around a Barovian town - in the nude - when Strahd is looking for her. Right?

Right?

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You.... do realize that you want to parade Ireena around a Barovian town - in the nude - when Strahd is looking for her. Right?

Right?
Well, it -is- about the last thing he'd expect, right?

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This is Ravenloft. The night time is always serious business.

Right?
A-yup. Not entirely the smartest move but it is definitely better then trying to do it during the day. Through this is all dependent on the fact of how many people are out in about during the night. If there is no one or like... 1 person per every 2 streets then there is no point in the game. Teasing and the thought of getting caught is the most fun part of it. If not applicable, then not applicable.

EDIT: Not also parading Ireena around. It'd be a game of points and dares! Which one of them is more daring and willing to risk being caught by running closer to people.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I figured you were kidding.
We're in a (admittedly erotically touched) gothic horror setting, you want to get naked, you have to be captured by/hunted by/turned into a vampire/werewolf/cultist/evil scientist or doctor/witch/vodoo priest/lewd ghost/beast-creature/insect-creature/salient and mostly sexy undead/.. etc
For example:
I'm kinda-srs here actually, Rovanna's most memorable emotional-erotic scenes were her floating in the depths being tentacle probed by Dagon and moreso, being buried all dead and by Ludmilla's side, not to say the lewd rps weren't fun, but this kinda depth gives them more meaning. Genuine conflict creates genuine attachement.
I guess if you are hungry for something to grab ya and molest ya this is a surefire way, not that I technically mind the idea, but I feel Sylvia has to come to be more defined yet. Currently she's somewhere between proper holy paladin and brutal Falknovian soldier and just looking for someone to command her proper.
I mean, far be it from me to stand in the way of funtimes if you wanna have them, one of my characters once seduced a displacer beast, though thats neither here nor there (hah, get it), just saying if Vita is all seduce-happy perhaps we can use her more targettedly. Like whats up with that weird guard captain and... not to spoiler if you haven't read Rovanas part of the story, but there's other forces in Vallaki that we're sure to run into as well. Rovana got KO'd hard, and she was actually trying her best to be smart about things (though, to be fair, dice was non-compliant in that matter as well)

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Yeah. I figured the streaking idea would basically be impossible to do in Vallaki. But I did mention it to Blue like a loooong time ago in the PMs. From what I'm seeing, Vita is not going to be doing it. Only way I can see it happening is if there is a massive enough enclosed compound estate to play such a game at.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Clearly you must go streaking in Castle Ravenloft. *ponders Strahd capturing the party and taking all your clothes, the letting you try to escape naked for the lulz.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Well, Sylvia is about as tanky with or without armor, she just wears it because uniform.

I just find the different interests here amusing.
'Let's get drunk!'
'Let's go streaking!'
'Let's meet some ladies of the night.. no literal ones!' -admittedly, thats more Rovana.

To make everyone happy.. Strahd captures.. takes clothes.. you start off in his wine-cellar.. and some lustful creature of the night chases. *nodnod*

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Also, this thing is scary, after 25 questions..:

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
You better believe that’s a paddlin’!

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Technically Esvele and Vita aren’t certain yet that they have lycanthropy, even though the dice have shown that they do. Figured it might be better for them to be aware of it in character, so they don’t end up tearing innocents apart.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Are there no early signs for lycantrophy ala ginger snaps movies?

Anyway, wanted to let you two know that the DM and I agree that while Sylvia is not a bad character and, pretty needed physical firepower for the group, she just.. doesn't quite work.

The idea was a -true- paladin but brainwashed by the propaganda of another darklord but its not turning out favourably. We're currently pondering things through to find a way that fits both story and lore and I apologize for the hassle. I guess she turned more rawrr less awww. *chuckles*

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Sadly most people find out about their lycanthropy by waking up one morning, naked, covered in blood that isn't their own, an odd taste in their mouth and quickly finding that some horrible beast has murdered their family. Such is life in Ravenloft.

Better I think to get a little itchy while holding Wolfsbane.

As for the Sylvia thing, it appears that the best thing for all parties involved would be to have the character NPCd for now.

Current plan is to hash out a different type of character and get settled on a long term plan to better align them with the module's scope. This will probably mean the character is similar to Vita in terms of coming from somewhere outside the Mists and having been drawn here recently.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
This will probably mean the character is similar to Vita in terms of coming from somewhere outside the Mists and having been drawn here recently.
Why is it so foggy and where is the rest of my commando? HERESY!

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
What, NPCing her when she was finally on the move toward being less hilariously obstinate about how Falknovia was alright? Even if she was (really fucking) annoying I thought it was in interesting party dynamic between \shady fuck' nun and \well-meaning but misguidedly authoritarian and bloody-minded\ barb. Since we've already skirted the conflict of shady vs well-meaning without immediately devolving into PVP and the misguidedly authoritarian part of it seemed like it was about to be developed and/or go away, it seems like it would have been fine, and would have 'worked' eventually. Unless you're just tired of her or something?

The other part of it being that neither I nor Vita can really uh take a hit, so any real combat encounter is probably just going to turn into 'AND THEN THEY ALL DIED' so the game is done or 'AND THEN [asshole] MADE THEM HIS/HER BITCHES', which I don't really have an interest in playing, though presumably Diaga would dig it.

OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
My understanding is that the character was no longer fitting the plan that Pervy had for her and that there was not a fun way to salvage it.

A new martial character has been discussed and I have a method for her to be involved with what I am thinking will likely be the group’s next destination *cough* the church *cough*.

The end result will be a similar group style with a character that meshes better with what the player wanted. The character will also hopefully have a better alignment with the group and there will be a less hostile dynamic (hopefully).

I know Blarg isn’t a fan of losing battles. There are some who do like that too. I will try to walk that tight rope as best I can. Please forgive me if I fail at times going either way.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Despite all apperances to the contrary I am deep down a sensitive individual and while some ic conflict can be fun and invigorating constant conflict with both companions (I'm aware that with Vita it was 100% misunderstanding) and some npcs is exhausting for me. Blueslime puts it best with the group alignment comment.

The idea was, in principle, to have a good person come from an evil regime(The Nazis had venerated war heroes too after all), yes, but your reaction to her culture shock has left her jaded. I would be unfriendly but amiss to say that I expected a touch of compassion from an aspiering priestess for the lost soul. As is, Sylvia is not a bad character. She is not a good character for how things go either. Either way. In her case, Sylvia would likely not help Esvele in combat after the stunt with the wagon, I apologize if I seem to be harping on this, but I've seen ooc messages if its ok to kill player X immediatly after such actions. And ultimately, that fact, is a redflag for the continued rp, much as I apologize for durdling things about.

I am a fan of losing battles, easy sollution is creating a powerful offense fighter as opposed to Sylvia, who, lets face it, would have stayed standing after everyone else had been downed. ^^
The next character I intend to be a NG pacifist.. but beware the

Edit: nvm the squishy comment, rolled two max hd just now.

Last edited:
OP
BlueSlime

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Just so long as you recognise that there are some truly psychopathic, irredeemable people in Ravenloft. And that you don't feel the need to enforce that pacifism on other members of the group. If Esvele or Vita choose to kill an evil person, then I'd say not to have your new character make a big deal of it. Let it be a personal code thing, and it'll ensure that no toes are stepped on.

---

Sylvia will retire back to Bella and help her get the windmill in working condition. Any contact with the sisters for the main group will come through Offalia, if and when it becomes appropriate. Vallaki is an excellent place to move forward anyway. There are a bunch of new NPCs and from this point it really opens up into the different directions that the group wants to go in.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Forcing other people to follow her way would be wrong. If her way is right, they will follow her example out of respect.
Yari truly believey that every person can be redeemed. .. but such redemption may not within her power. If it is not, sadly, other alternatives have to be found...Beheading is usually a lasting peace-maker.

Anyway, character up! I took the liberty of give her a very rough idea of 'barovia be bad yo' and made her a more timid personality.. if evenmore goody goody than Sylvia.

Last edited:

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
New character sheet inspirations! Also week long birthday bashes are draining. All Hail Jack Daniels. God my liver.