What's new

RPG RPG Maker Vore Loli Shota [Toro Toro Resistance] もんむす・くえすと! ぱらどっくすRPG中章 / Monster Girl Quest: Paradox (RJ201109)

wasd123333

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I tried RPGMakerSaveEdit and it has a huge string of errors when opening up MGQ's save file. So something must be wrong unless I'm using the wrong version of the tool.
Couple of things I'd like to ask as well:

1. Is there anyway I can guarantee Run Away or escape? It's really annoying running into the same enemy over and over and never being able to run away. I know there's an accessory to stop all encounters, but I'd like to encounter them but be able to run away.

2. Is there a guaranteed way to recruit monsters? I have them set at 100+ affinity but I recruited like 5 out of maybe 300 monsters I've encountered so far. Even with the Invitation accessory they just never seem to join.

Last edited:

cacapost

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I tried RPGMakerSaveEdit and it has a huge string of errors when opening up MGQ's save file. So something must be wrong unless I'm using the wrong version of the tool.

1. Is there anyway I can guarantee Run Away or escape? It's really annoying running into the same enemy over and over and never being able to run away. I know there's an accessory to stop all encounters, but I'd like to encounter them but be able to run away.

2. Is there a guaranteed way to recruit monsters? I have them set at 100+ affinity but I recruited like 5 out of maybe 300 monsters I've encountered so far. Even with the Invitation accessory they just never seem to join.

3. How do I duplicate more items using CE? I thought it's impossible for RPGMaker since the value doesn't stay consistent and thus can't be changed. I know you can use saveeditonline, but at this rate I'm going to need to shove 999,999 seeds into luka's face to make him at least decently strong.
1. There are accessories for that you get later in the game (not sure where you are)

2. there is never a way to guarantee, only increase rate. Hunters get jobs that will give 200% recruit rate and i believe minstrels get a job that increases it by 3/4 times i think it was.

3. There is a special way you need to search for values. you take the initial value, double the value, then increase it by 1. But you can also just use this custom type I found somewhere:
alloc(TypeName,256)
alloc(ByteSize,4)
alloc(PreferedAlignment, 4)
alloc(ConvertRoutine,1024)
alloc(ConvertBackRoutine,1024)

TypeName:
db 'RPG VX type',0

ByteSize:
dd 4

PreferedAlignment:
dd 1

//The convert routine should hold a routine that converts the data to an nteger (in eax)
//function declared as: stdcall int ConvertRoutine(unsigned char *input);

//Note: Keep in mind that this routine can be called by multiple threads at the same time.

ConvertRoutine:
[32-bit]
push ebp
mov ebp,esp
push ecx
mov ecx,[ebp+8]
[/32-bit]

//at this point ecx contains the address where the bytes are stored

//put the bytes into the eax register
mov eax,[ecx] //second fun fact, addressing with 32-bit registers doesn't work in 64-bit, it becomes a 64-bit automatically (most of the time)
shr eax,1 //shift right by 1 bit (divide by 2)

//and now exit the routine
[64-bit]
ret
[/64-bit]
[32-bit]
pop ecx
pop ebp
ret 4
[/32-bit]

//The convert back routine should hold a routine that converts the given integer back to a row of bytes (e.g when the user wats to write a new value)
//function declared as: stdcall void ConvertBackRoutine(int i, unsigned char *output);
ConvertBackRoutine:
[32-bit]
push ebp
mov ebp,esp
push edx //save the registers
push ecx
mov edx,[ebp+0c]
mov ecx,[ebp+08]
[/32-bit]

//at this point edx contains the address to write the value to
//and ecx contains the value

push eax
push edx

mov edx,[edx] //edx now contains the original value
and edx,1 //only save the first bit

mov eax,ecx //eax gets the user input value
shl eax,1 //shift left by 1 bit (multiply by 2)
or eax,edx //add the bits of the original value

pop edx
mov [edx],eax //write the new value into the old value
pop eax

[64-bit]
//everything is back to what it was, so exit
ret
[/64-bit]

[32-bit]
//cleanup first
pop ecx
pop edx
pop ebp
ret 8
[/32-bit]
Do the following:
Start ce
open any process
rightclick the "value type" combobox
click "define new custom type (autoassemble)"
replace the existing script with the script posted here
and click OK

From now on you can select as variable type "RPG VX Type" and just scan for the values and edit them as well
CE will remember this type so it will be usable next time you start ce
(copied from where I got it)

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

1. Thieves learn a Thievery skill that guarantees 100% escape for non-scripted/special battles. Ninjas learn a functionally identical Ninjutsu. The Merchant tree learns Merchantile skills that bribes opponents into leaving the battlefield. The Informant tree learns Talk skills that threaten opponents into leaving the battlefield at the cost of species affinity.

2. No guarantees. The Monster Tamer subtree of the Hunter job has passives and learns abilities to passively increase recruitment rate, the Informant and Merchant Mermaid trees learn skills that boost recruitment rate for the battle, but it's still all up to RNG in the end. Using the Ally Invitation Talk skill with 100 affinity usually gives pretty good recruit chances as far as my experience goes though.

zaku2142

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Almost a month old from the last reply, but I cannot find a solution from my google searches.
I upgraded to latest MGQ Paradox version recently and when I try to "Request" certain monsters, they give me an instant black screen and "........." as if the requested scene ended before it started. I just hate to start all over after the progress I have made with the game..

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Black screens mean that you don't have the images/text for that scene. If you're trying to merge, be sure to do it correctly. Doing it incorrectly-- or not at all-- is what causes that to happen.

zaku2142

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Black screens mean that you don't have the images/text for that scene. If you're trying to merge, be sure to do it correctly. Doing it incorrectly-- or not at all-- is what causes that to happen.
It is late, which could be why I did not think of that. I will try that later/tomorrow as it is super late here

Apparently that was the case, I do not know why I was missing pictures when I already merged them before :I

Last edited:

Madflavor

Reputation score
Translation and Part 3 updates:

1. Dargoth updated his blog this week. Basically said translation is coming along smoothly and he just finished Succubus Village. He speculates he'll need another 6 months before Part 2 is translated.

2. ToroToro talked about Part 3 briefly in his blog post today. He basically said it'll be bigger than Part 1 and Part 2. Whether that means combined, who knows. Still no idea on a release date however, but given his wording, it doesn't sound like a Q1 or Q2 2019 release is in the cards. We're probably looking at a late 2019 release.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Translation and Part 3 updates:

1. Dargoth updated his blog this week. Basically said translation is coming along smoothly and he just finished Succubus Village. He speculates he'll need another 6 months before Part 2 is translated.

2. ToroToro talked about Part 3 briefly in his blog post today. He basically said it'll be bigger than Part 1 and Part 2. Whether that means combined, who knows. Still no idea on a release date however, but given his wording, it doesn't sound like a Q1 or Q2 2019 release is in the cards. We're probably looking at a late 2019 release.

1) I think Dargoth needs more people with better time management skills at this point. Seems like he could have been done translating all of part 1 and most of part 2 by now if he did. I know Rogue did throw his hat in, but how much of that was putting forward work and how much was tearing his hair out, that's not known. I heard a rumor somewhere that Rogue reportedly jumped ship when he saw how mismanaged the project is, and how bad communication between team members was. I'll ask someone or the man himself to verify the accuracy of that statement, since it probably came from the 4chan thread.

2) So, they're still doing yearly releases? I mean, how many artists? Something like a half-dozen? And how many programmers? Maybe half of that? Can western devs even compete?

Scarletz

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
can someone provide a full save INCLUDING the system save so we can use the librairy

i would apprecied it sooo much plz :D !!!

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score
To keep this from being a silly necro:

It seems that the translation team that was focused on the H-scenes (ArzorX's team) for Part 2 has finished their work. There's some collection of files that people are capable of using to patch the game to a partially playable status (and there's people doing this), but there's not an official partial, nor does it look like there will ever be an official partial translation until Part 3 gets released (when, I suspect, they will collect what they have and ship regardless of their progress level, then begin working on Part 3...leaving parts of Part 2 untranslated for some time.)

The Progress spreadsheet is highly inaccurate - it seems to be a gross underestimate of the work that has been done, which makes the whole thing seem worse than it is. It seems to only be a reflection of the work that is done on the main bitbucket, which isn't most of the work that is done. As the first example I sought to find, CommonEvent3225 is fully translated by someone working with him (ArzorX) as of the last time the spreadsheet was updated, but this is not reflected in the spreadsheet.

Most interestingly: It looks like on Sheet 1, there is an internal estimate of how long it will take Dargoth to finish; it is cell H750.

Last edited:

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
To keep this from being a silly necro:

It seems that the translation team that was focused on the H-scenes (ArzorX's team) for Part 2 has finished their work. There's some collection of files that people are capable of using to patch the game to a partially playable status (and there's people doing this), but there's not an official partial, nor does it look like there will ever be an official partial translation until Part 3 gets released (when, I suspect, they will collect what they have and ship regardless of their progress level, then begin working on Part 3...leaving parts of Part 2 untranslated for some time.)

The Progress spreadsheet is highly inaccurate - it seems to be a gross underestimate of the work that has been done, which makes the whole thing seem worse than it is. It seems to only be a reflection of the work that is done on the main bitbucket, which isn't most of the work that is done. As the first example I sought to find, CommonEvent3225 is fully translated by someone working with him (ArzorX) as of the last time the spreadsheet was updated, but this is not reflected in the spreadsheet.

Most interestingly: It looks like on Sheet 1, there is an internal estimate of how long it will take Dargoth to finish; it is cell H750.
I suppose it's the 'downside' to a community run translation project, is no one is really actually sure how far along they really are. Especially if people only kind of upload what they're working on whenever they feel like it. It feels like I won't get to play all of Paradox Quest - even when part 3 comes out - until like, 2030...
EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to badmouth Dargoth and team. I get Paradox Quest is a lot more complicated to work on then the original series, but it is still a bit dismaying how slow along its been going.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
It's already been remarked a couple times elsewhere that Dargoth's team lacks the ability to communicate effectively. I would chalk that up as the man himself not willing to take a more active leadership role. The issue I see with Paradox in terms of content is more a lack of direction and leadership. Everyone is just more/less working on the parts they want to and hoping there is no overlap.

That's what I've taken away from this thing, anyways.

Reputation score
I suppose it's the 'downside' to a community run translation project, is no one is really actually sure how far along they really are. Especially if people only kind of upload what they're working on whenever they feel like it. It feels like I won't get to play all of Paradox Quest - even when part 3 comes out - until like, 2030...
EDIT: To be clear, I'm not trying to badmouth Dargoth and team. I get Paradox Quest is a lot more complicated to work on then the original series, but it is still a bit dismaying how slow along its been going.
There's actually decent progress on the translation. According to the , the story translation is up to Lyra Falls, which by my estimate is three quarters or more complete.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
There's actually decent progress on the translation. According to the , the story translation is up to Lyra Falls, which by my estimate is three quarters or more complete.
Okay, so here's my rebuttal. How much of that includes the entirety of part 1? Story content is fine. The real bulk of the content is in h-scenes, item names/descriptions, and a few other bits and pieces. I don't know what the measure of Rogue's translations for all 3 parts is vs the two paradox games, nor do I care. I'm more concerned that an entire team has been put to this project and the main bulk is at least 3 years behind the developers in terms of content.

Reputation score
Okay, so here's my rebuttal. How much of that includes the entirety of part 1? Story content is fine. The real bulk of the content is in h-scenes, item names/descriptions, and a few other bits and pieces. I don't know what the measure of Rogue's translations for all 3 parts is vs the two paradox games, nor do I care. I'm more concerned that an entire team has been put to this project and the main bulk is at least 3 years behind the developers in terms of content.
From what I remember, almost of Part 1 is in fact translated, except for lines that were added in Part 2. The user interface (which includes things like item names and descriptions) is translated. All H-scenes (excluding battlefucks and temptation events) are translated. Battle shouts (the lines characters say when using their skills) are mostly not translated, but they're a low priority.

The size of Paradox is important: the exact estimates vary, but I've heard from multiple sources that the first part alone is bigger than the entire original trilogy. Bear in mind that it has several times as many monsters, all (or almost all) of which individually have more text. Moreover, it also seems that the game is more difficult to patch.

Ninja_Named_Bob

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
From what I remember, almost of Part 1 is in fact translated, except for lines that were added in Part 2. The user interface (which includes things like item names and descriptions) is translated. All H-scenes (excluding battlefucks and temptation events) are translated. Battle shouts (the lines characters say when using their skills) are mostly not translated, but they're a low priority.
So, it's basically where he was around this time last year? Give or take a few months' difference in time-frame. Good on them, although, like I said, the entirety of the trilogy is probably still going to take the time-frame I put out in my previous post, given that the third part is likely patching content in to make good on that "three paths" thing everyone keeps talking about.

The size of Paradox is important: the exact estimates vary, but I've heard from multiple sources that the first part alone is bigger than the entire original trilogy. Bear in mind that it has several times as many monsters, all (or almost all) of which individually have more text. Moreover, it also seems that the game is more difficult to patch.
That's just going back to my point, though. In terms of dialogue and written content, it would be suicide for just a single guy to translate the entire thing, never mind a group of amateurs lead by a guy whose fame is drawn from translating Dieselmine VN's, among others. I think what I'm trying to get at it is, while I don't expect every part to be done 6-8 months after a the game drops and/or all patches are put out. I'm just saying, from the onset, the project has been a bit of a clusterfuck with a lack of communication, consistency, and leadership. If that's changed, I rescind my previous statement. That said, the project isn't gonna be done in less than 3 years from when the third part drops, if only because, as I've said, the third path they plan to implement is likely adding a huge load of content.

Which begs the question, if you play both (current) paths, then will the third part converge with being able to choose both Alice and Ilias, and then have the game given a "true ending" with multiple versions of everyone based on your choices? I can't imagine TTR being that ambitious. Then again, who would have predicted they would even do a "sequel" to their original trilogy?

Learch

Lurker
Reputation score
That said, the project isn't gonna be done in less than 3 years from when the third part drops, if only because, as I've said, the third path they plan to implement is likely adding a huge load of content.
I should point out that the translation team's current track record is "almost having Part 1 done by the release date of Part 2," which would correspond to approximately 2 years to translate one part. The team appears to be speeding up since the first part, for whatever reason - either they improved their communication or are just generally getting better. Moreover, the translation efforts are non-negligibly spent on items/skills/etc, which is effort they will not have to repeat. It strikes me as pessimistic to not account for the above.

I would estimate that they'll be done translating somewhere between 1 year and 9 months to 3 years and 6 months from when the third part drops.

Reputation score
So, it's basically where he was around this time last year? Give or take a few months' difference in time-frame. Good on them, although, like I said, the entirety of the trilogy is probably still going to take the time-frame I put out in my previous post, given that the third part is likely patching content in to make good on that "three paths" thing everyone keeps talking about.
No, there's been a lot of progress since last year. To clarify, a majority of Part 2 has been translated.

That's just going back to my point, though. In terms of dialogue and written content, it would be suicide for just a single guy to translate the entire thing, never mind a group of amateurs lead by a guy whose fame is drawn from translating Dieselmine VN's, among others. I think what I'm trying to get at it is, while I don't expect every part to be done 6-8 months after a the game drops and/or all patches are put out. I'm just saying, from the onset, the project has been a bit of a clusterfuck with a lack of communication, consistency, and leadership. If that's changed, I rescind my previous statement. That said, the project isn't gonna be done in less than 3 years from when the third part drops, if only because, as I've said, the third path they plan to implement is likely adding a huge load of content.

Which begs the question, if you play both (current) paths, then will the third part converge with being able to choose both Alice and Ilias, and then have the game given a "true ending" with multiple versions of everyone based on your choices? I can't imagine TTR being that ambitious. Then again, who would have predicted they would even do a "sequel" to their original trilogy?
I don't follow the translation that closely, so other people could correct me on this, but in my opinion they seem to be well organised.

It's very likely that there'll be more than two routes, given the degree to which Paradox has been inspired by Shin Megami Tensei (which offers 3 routes).