Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Trapped in the Underdark ~ Out of Character discussion

Dat blue is telling the truth,... you should plan for like lvl 10. I might go on if theres interest and energy, but as it is, people strain to post weekly... so *shrugs*

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Sorry for the short post. I'll try to post more often, I don't realize how much time passes by.\

Edit: I'm going to be busy until Sunday. Apologies for my frequent delays.

Last edited:

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay, will do a Dasyra post sometime today, after I get back from a day trip.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

's all good, I too will be slowing down a bit until the end of the coming weekish, lotsa work a works.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Now we once moar face the dichotomy of storytelling vs nawties, the fortress folks finished the storieness and are kind of in a lewd scene.. eh, perhaps I'll just see what happens when more people pop up in it. Next: Ventus /Lyra responsening.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Asheroth wasn't attempting to identify any of the magic items, she was simply trying to determine what was magic and what wasn't. So, an actual response to that would be nice.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

All of it.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Holy shit, that's a lot of swag. Uh, i'll start snatching thing up.

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Not super versed in how Pathfinder handles this, but is there a way for Lior to do any sort of higher level detection magic with the mask? Any research? I'd understand if it was too powerful for that sort of stuff, I just don't want to jump in willy nilly if there's ways of learning more about it (other than the knowledge plane that Kaila and Dasyra went to). I'm assuming, perhaps mistakenly that Ventus doesn't have any books on it.

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score

Analyze Dweomer can identify most things. Identify can help you with a +10 bonus but not necessarily help. Legend Lore will likely be useful in this case since it's not a generic item for certain.

Other options could be Contact other Plane to get information, as well as some somewhat nonspecific information with lesser divinations that if used smartly might still help shed some light on it.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yep pretty much that covers the non exotic options. Contact other plane as cleric would get you a servant of Sethie or a Devil, unless it misfires, so that's always amusing. A simple detect magic and spellcraft is likely not to make it on this kind of item.

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Just making sure I have the GM's permission to use Contact Other Plane as it looks to be a wizard/sorcerer spell. I mean isn't outside the realm of possibility as Lior, our her cult should have some way to contact their diabolic masters.

DaBomb

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I edited my post, so that Asheroth takes the boots.

BlueSlime

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dasyra post! yey!

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just making sure I have the GM's permission to use Contact Other Plane as it looks to be a wizard/sorcerer spell. I mean isn't outside the realm of possibility as Lior, our her cult should have some way to contact their diabolic masters.
Pretty sure Clerics have their own version. and yay, posties. I'm still sluggish though work should slow down.. a bit.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Clerics version is Commune, which get's yes or no questions, or at most a few word short sentence. The next closest is Divination which can get you a short sentence and advice on a subject like "Should I put the mask on."

Clerical divinations are pretty imprecise for that reason. But they have an inherent advantage over the wizards direct methods. Because they are indirect, defenses against divination spells like mindblank don't really help at all, since you're not trying to affect them, you're asking an supremely powerful other person questions. This allows one to track down Mindblanked individuals, albeit very very slowly.

Contact Other Plane also comes with a barrel of risks as well since the odds of burning out your brain are not small. And it's still not guaranteed to work as the contacted critter can lie or not know.

I'd do Analyze Dweomer/Legend Lore first before jumping to the nuclear option frankly.

OP
Pervy

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

This allows one to track down Mindblanked individuals, albeit very very slowly.

Contact Other Plane also comes with a barrel of risks as well since the odds of burning out your brain are not small. And it's still not guaranteed to work as the contacted critter can lie or not know..
yeah, theres a whole subculture around trying to optimize COP chances, general consensus is to simply cast the spell again to see if the answers roughly match, at least for lawful types.

Heh, never even considered using it to track someone down, that must be tedious 'are they on this plane?' 'Are they within 500 miles?'. See thats the point where you want truename magic not to be awful.

Zilrax

Reputation score

Can be, but it works. It was a plot point in an adventure. Person the pcs are trying to find is also being hunted down by an evil cleric. The person has mindblank so the cleric can't just get someone to scry them or something. So they've had to slowly chase them down doing that exact method of indirect divinations. The pcs cheat to get there only a day or two behind the cleric but the clerics busy summoning reinforcements after her first assault got crushed so they aren't too late.

Communes pretty helpful though for that stuff. Sure you basically have to play 20 questions but sooner or later you'll narrow it down. Vel has it as a spell-like.

Corruptivespirit

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Nice! Thanks for all the help. Can't wait to get back and rest so Lior can switch her spell slots and start her ill-advised research. Think we could do the questions in sort of a rapid fire PM sess and then compile them in a post later oh great GM?