What's new

[WIP - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Eclipse Knight Saga (RJ01130999)

Looks like people didn't hear me... HEY, THE NEW PARTIAL'S BEEN RELEASED! xD

But as promised, some fun facts: These two final chapters added only 8 new active messages, and all of them were in the kunoichi chapter. The assassin chapter had none. Said chapter was also puzzle focused, so it was the source of nearly all of the new items in the patch. In terms of hard-to-find text, the assassin chapter has two places where you can wait to trigger an event until after Hilda returns to the party to get alternate text. The first is pulling one of the levers and the second is opening up the shortcut. The latter makes it pretty annoying, as you need to keep taking the long way around to avoid triggering the event.

As for the kunoichi chapter, I don't want to give away too much as it would be a spoiler, but one of my favorites is how you can have Touju equipped with the anti-poison acessory and survive drinking the obviously poisoned tea, which gives a bunch of extra dialogue. The kunoichi chapter is clearly an homage to Oboromaru's chapter in Live a Live, with a lot of secrets, hidden events and multiple ways to go about things, and you will receive one of three different weapons at the end, depending on specific factors. That's why it's my favorite.

Looks like people didn't hear me... HEY, THE NEW PARTIAL'S BEEN RELEASED! xD

But as promised, some fun facts: These two final chapters added only 8 new active messages, and all of them were in the kunoichi chapter. The assassin chapter had none. Said chapter was also puzzle focused, so it was the source of nearly all of the new items in the patch. In terms of hard-to-find text, the assassin chapter has two places where you can wait to trigger an event until after Hilda returns to the party to get alternate text. The first is pulling one of the levers and the second is opening up the shortcut. The latter makes it pretty annoying, as you need to keep taking the long way around to avoid triggering the event.

As for the kunoichi chapter, I don't want to give away too much as it would be a spoiler, but one of my favorites is how you can have Touju equipped with the anti-poison acessory and survive drinking the obviously poisoned tea, which gives a bunch of extra dialogue. The kunoichi chapter is clearly an homage to Oboromaru's chapter in Live a Live, with a lot of secrets, hidden events and multiple ways to go about things, and you will receive one of three different weapons at the end, depending on specific factors. That's why it's my favorite.

Don't get discouraged, but the majority of people are waiting for the entire game to get translated so they can just fully indulge.

Don't get discouraged, but the majority of people are waiting for the entire game to get translated so they can just fully indulge.
That's perfectly understandable. Hope they're patient then, because it's still gonna take a while (I still haven't finished all variations of the starting events, let alone the tutorial room, but at least things should go a little faster once I do).

Nice to see the character intros are all done. I'm ready for the long haul with this one, the game looks quite large.

So, I wanna talk about something interesting. I had already seen that materials I supposedly got (specifically in the Snow Country Chapter) weren't appearing in my inventory, but I thought that was just because I was still in the prologue chapters. But once I started the main game and got the first title, the same thing happened. I couldn't see it in the inventory, even though I could equip it in the equipment screen. I decided to look into it after finishing the initial events and tutorial room (which I did yesterday) and finally figured out the problem.

It was the item categories plugin. The developers used it to create two new categories for the inventory: Materials and Titles. Using notetags to denote certain items as part of said categories. I'm sure you can see where this is going. While I translated the names of the categories, I hadn't touched the notetags, so those items were still defined as being part of categories with the original names. That meant they wouldn't show up in the inventory because the categories they were supposed to be part of didn't actually exist.

Thankfully, I can translate notetags via Translator++, so solving that isn't an issue, but it took some thinking to figure out what was going on.

I was just trying to edit the post (you can see there's something new at the end of the penultimate paragraph if you look at the original post, but no, that doesn't mean the next version is coming now), and somehow that resulted in me accidentally making a new post instead without realizing it. It's deleted now.

I was just trying to edit the post (you can see there's something new at the end of the penultimate paragraph if you look at the original post, but no, that doesn't mean the next version is coming now), and somehow that resulted in me accidentally making a new post instead without realizing it. It's deleted now.
That's quite the "oops, wrong button"

Back