What's new

[Complete - Full] [Tsukinomizu Project] Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle (RJ088554) (English Translation)

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Pretty sure they are ALL in the same universe not just most of them (and release order and ingame chronologi seem to match as well)

Ahh, so I assume that actually means you are done with the rest of the floors of that dungeon already, and just need to then do the rest out of dungeon parts?
That and the remaining arena events. Edit: Plus some other small bits of text and events here and there.
Of course, given that one of the major characters in the usual universe is isekai-ed from our real world, you could say there's definitely a connection there anyway.
Not just from our real world, specifically from the Nightmare Girls universe. Manami is the girl who vanished and the explorer girl was looking for.

Last edited:

pikachuhuang

Reputation score
I like how nearly all the games are in a shared universe; wonder if there's a wiki or something somewhere that shows you all the connections?
there's a JP wiki that has a lot of details written down:

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Another Translation Update:

Today, I finished translating the text for the final set of nurseries, thus finishing the Spawning Chamber, as well as all the text in the monster room about those monsters. Same thing for the last ticket monster as well. In fact, there are only two monsters I have yet to translate in the game. (Incidentally, I also finished the last monster scene)

... I still have two boss fights, one H-Scene and one loooooooong story event to translate in Floor 1. It just never ends.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Extremely Important Translation Update:

I have finished translating all the text in Floor 1. I am done with Floor 1. This is not a drill, I repeat, this is not a drill.

The super long event that was the last thing on the floor is basically the game's big reveal, so I had to be really careful with how I translated it. There's another super-huge and story significant event only like... four screens away, but at least that event does not take place within Floor 1.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And Now, For Your Irregularly Scheduled Translation Update:

Today, I finished translating the last H-Scene in the game. I have also finished translating the text for the last 2 monsters. That means that of the three "special" rooms within the base, the only one not completely translated is the Treasure Room. The main area of the base is also close to being completely translated.

Also, I am not yet ready to translate the final boss and ending events, but that should come in only a few days.

merpo

Lurker
Reputation score
I don't post but I felt I needed to thank you for your hard work and dedication. Tsukinomizu games are all long and have tons of dialogue so they are especially difficult to translate, so I would like to make a point to say you are awesome!

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Final Super Ultima Advance Delicious Starlight Giga Breaker X7 Translation Update:

The treasure room is now fully translated. The main base area is fully translated. The monster farm is fully translated... You get the idea. Tomorrow, I will start translating the final boss and ending events. My next update here should be the full translation. It will definitely come within this month, but I can't give an exact date.
Please wait warmly until it's ready.

Thronico

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Final Super Ultima Advance Delicious Starlight Giga Breaker X7 Translation Update:

The treasure room is now fully translated. The main base area is fully translated. The monster farm is fully translated... You get the idea. Tomorrow, I will start translating the final boss and ending events. My next update here should be the full translation. It will definitely come within this month, but I can't give an exact date.
Please wait warmly until it's ready.
Absolute legend. Thank you for your hard work translating this. I don't have the self-discipline for it, so massive props to you. This circle's games are just so good.

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
And the full release is finally here. The patch and changelog are in the first post, but I would like to use this post to talk about some things:

The first Tsukinomizu game I played was Naedoko, after hearing that it had nice RPG gameplay I gave it a look and found that it was true, it was a great game. Later on I played Lily Knight Saga and that just made me even more of a fan of the circle. Still, I always wondered about the parts of the library I didn't know about because they hadn't been translated, specially the prequels to those two games.

Eventually I started learning japanese and got to a point where I could, with some effort, decypher the japanese text enough to understand. However, I didn't want to play through the games like that, since having to decypher everything at each step would truly hinder my enjoyment of the games. And then I found out about how convenient RPGMaker Trans was, I realized that by making an effort to translate the game little by little, I could subsequently play through the parts I translated without needing to decypher anything anymore. I decided to do a shorter game first instead of jumping right into the deep end, but translating Tsukinomizu games was always the plan. Being able to bring Lady Knight Saga and Naedoko Dungeon Chronicle to english really makes me feel accomplished.

But truly, my motivation for translating was being able to play. I actually didn't play through the games before starting the translations, but would instead play along as I translated. That is not ideal for a translation, but I am currently just a fan translator, and I was willing to edit things later as needed. And my japanese still hasn't reached the point where I can actually play the games and enjoy them in japanese, even now. I put on the first posts that I can not guarantee that the translation is 100% correct, and there are many, many parts where I would really like to have a more experienced translator to give a second look at.

And translating by itself is not really the best way to learn, because I'm so anxious to see what comes next that I don't have the patience to fully take in every single bit of every single line and try to learn from it, so I tend to forget the meanings of even things I've translated before.

So what does this mean? It means I'm gonna try and do my best to learn with my next translations. It will slow down my progress significantly on the short term, but when I manage to actually get my japanese proficiency up to a decent standard, it will make any further translation efforts much easier and faster.

So what's next? There's a mini-project I've been working on and off ever since my first translation days, and after that... I have many games I'm interested in translating. Many of them are MV, but even more are not, and it is difficult to give up the convenience of RPGMaker Trans, so I'm likely gonna do one of the latter. (When Eclipse Knight Saga comes out, though, I'm translating it, no questions asked)

Anyway, those were just some things I wanted to say. Please go on and enjoy the game with my patch, and if you find any mistakes, please point them out so I can release patch updates. See ya.

ty7

Reputation score
(Before those who don't know how it work ask ; RPG maker VX ACE RTP isn't the same as RPG maker VX RTP, u need to install the second one for that game ^^ the first one only work for the most recent games .)

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Thank you for the translation, is there a way to manually overwrite the files or is RPGMakerTrans going to be required?

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
I believe RPGMaker Trans is required. The main patch files aren't in the same format as normal RPGMaker files but in text that's formatted in a way that allows RPGMaker Trans to read it and perform the patching as appropriate.

Oir

Reputation score
Is Kanji Reader more accurate than DeepL?

OP
Arenara

Arenara

Lurker
Reputation score
Is Kanji Reader more accurate than DeepL?
By kanji reader, I just mean the ability to hook text so I can easily search out kanjis and kanji combinations I have never seen before, I don't use machine translation of any kind.