What's new

Under a strange light(Alexandra/Alkalannar)

Re: Under a strange light(Alexandra/Alkalannar)

As Arrenhan tugs the rope it comes loose, though once she lets go it coils again. There's no answer to her second question, only a certain feeling of...indifference, mixed with comfort.

"You could come back with me, even!" Ok, so that might not be the best idea, but....she strokes the ropes and starts to make her way back down the eastern road, while watching the terrain and for anything that might appear interesting.

By her estimate Arrenhar is almost halfway back when she faces a problem. The road has collapsed, with only a trunk leading across. On the other side waits a beast that reminds her of a mountain lion, except it has two thin tendrils growing from it's shoulders.

Definitely a problem, as it appears to be blocking the way....and a flutter in her belly makes her wonder if she really wants to avoid the thing. Her tail twitches, lifting slightly as she approaches the tree trunk. Maybe she could use the crystals she harvested to help? She digs one of the new crystals out and focuses energy through it, hoping to drive the tendriled mountain lion away.

18 vs 16
Arrenhan HP 5/5 MP 0/2
Beast 2/5
The crystal pulses with energy, then sends it all out in one powerful blast that catches the beast squarely in the chest. The beast roars in pain and leaps on the trunk, now at striking distance.

Another strike, this one not using the crystal...but that was an eye opener and no mistake...much easier to channel through it. Still...at least it wasn't affecting her yet. (Normal magical strike.)

A 12 vs 15
B 16 vs 21
A 3 vs 18 counter
B 8 vs 12

Arrenhan HP 4/5 MP 0/2
Beast 2/5
The first blast went past the creature, as it's tendril passed her close. The second one was somehow reflected back at her from the beast's tendril. The creature was getting closer, and now Arrenhan could see that it didn't seem to be on the trunk, but floating in the air besides it, somehow.

She frowns. That doesn't make any sense...it's floating to the side of the trunk...but the trunk is the only place to stand and it doesn't look like it should fly....she aims the next blast down the trunk, hoping she's right.

A 5 vs 3
B 6 vs 14

Arrenhan HP 4/5 MP 0/2
Beast 1/5
The blast elicits another howl from the beast as Arrenhan easily avoids the tendrils.

"Stop this at once!" A long, shot to be sure, but if it works, she'll hold off the blast, otherwise, she lets the magic surge through her towards the trunk.

A 17 vs 1 critical!

The beast leaps towards Arrenhan, but is hit with the blast and falls down out of sight.

The foxgirl sighs, watching it fall, shaking her head, but then giving a smile as she heads across the tree trunk going back home. She has the three crystals, a possible companion...and the crystal could easily be the center of an amplifier. And she'd get praise from the Professor!

The trunk creaks under her weight and it proves to be slippery from mold growing on it. Luckily, the foxgirl manages to make it across without slipping. The rest of the trip is uneventful, though clouds start gathering in the sky. As Arrenhan approaches the town, the rope demon slips away.

Arrenhan pets the ropes before they slip away, slips the best of the crystals into a different part of the pack, and then, grinning, she goes to the laboratory. "Professor! I got a crystal for you! Actually, I have two. And I checked them first, so they really should work! I, um...I'm also a bit hungry, but what do you want me to do now?" Her tail wags, eyes alight.

The professor, who is sitting at the smaller table, looks up from his papers and stands up."You're late. Did you have any problems? Nevermind that, the lunch should still be warm. Give me the crystals and go eat. After that, we'll talk."

She gets out the two crystals and hands them over, before going back to get food, then to her room where she takes out the brittle crystal and the best one, setting them in a drawer before eating. Still the memories come back, plaguing and teasing her, and she takes advantage of this time to herself to slide a hand between her legs and rub. A little later won't matter too much...and she needs relief....

And a quick bath as well, so it's a while before she gets back to the professor in the laboratory, but she's in quite the good mood. "All right. I'm back...and yes, there were a couple of problems. Do you want to hear what happened, or get into testing?"

Last edited:

When Arrenhan gets back to the lab, she sees that the professor is setting up the Jacob's ladder again on the crystal, but the rods seem to be of different metal, this time. "So. How did the trip go? And what have you come up with for minimizing external influences?"

"Let's see...I went out of town and took the western path around the mountain...except the mine was on the east, so I had to cross the bridge. When I got to the mine, one of the miners went in with me, but the place the good crystals are...something causes anyone there to, um...think about sex. A lot. After I got these crystals, I went in for the last one, but got overcome. So did the miner who tried to rescue me. We got out, though, and I came back along the east road, but ran into a cougar with tendrils that wasn't where it appeared to be. It was silly, though, since it was on a tree trunk spanning a gorge, so I could defeat it easily. As for influences...First would be to survey the lab to determine what there is. Next, set a circle around the area, using the magic inside to get it set up, and have it mirror the exterior ambient energy away from the interior. If that doesn't work...I'll think of something else."

"Hmm. I have heard of such phenomena happening before, but I don't think it has been studied before. Perhaps you could considering making a small study about it, later. Is that all you could think of? As you can see, there are plenty of other crystals here, and of course, traces of past experiment, which are difficult to eliminate entirely. And, since this laboratory is above ground, there are trace influences from the sun as well. That's why we'll conduct the experiment in the cellar. And that's only magical phenomena! Studying magitech, one cannot discard the effects of physical influences, either. As you can see, I've replaced the copper rods with silver, which is a better conductor. We'll leave the generator here, so as to minimize it's effects as well. The circle was a good start, though. We'll draw a circle covering most of the cellar and then we'll draw another circle covering only the experiment. You go get started with that while I finish attuning the crystal."

Arrenhan looks rather abashed. [COLOR="DarkOrange]"I'm sorry, sir...I thought that the circle would attenuate the effects of the other crystals and the sun and the like. Still, better to be safe than sorry, so I'll go down and get things set up immediately."[/COLOR] ANd so she goes down to the basement and starts working on making sure that no outside influences would go inside.

Back