What's new

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Dunno if it's a bug, but the game auto saves when you start a new game.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Oh that's right. New Game deletes your old save in order to start. I don't have a multiple save system so this might be just how it is.

LXP

Reputation score
Hello, background fan here. I've got a few bugs/personal reports to state:
-------------------------------------------------
1: Running from an encounter increments the money variable (bits) incorrectly. It's most notable when performing "Run" from "Acier".

2: Performing a successful back attack or being back attacked and escaping the turn the message appears (as in, no damage given/taken), will increase the messages given to the next encounter. Multiple messages can be given, as well as messages incorrectly given to the correct battle state.

3: The player can run from "Acier".

4: It's impossible to remove an equipped "Mod".

6: For some reason, "Acier Assist" does not go on cooldown. This occurred when "Vert" and "Bleu assists" were on cooldown, and there were no combat triggers on the world map. A save/load was performed at the beginning of this bug report.
1: 1 skill per turn is shackling. There are many times when a player wants to use a "counter-skill", but needs to restore LP.

2: Items are overtuned. Items give too much tempo relative to skills and allow unintended strategies. Most notable is the item "Passion plus," which heals for the same amount as the skill "Psych up", and is not bound by the same restriction. This is also notable with the item "Scope," which allows the player to use the skill "Pressure" consequence free.

3: Victory Heal seems extremely sideboard, and was never used by this poster. It's only usable when the conditions are true: 1- Player cannot recover more Will with Psych Up, 2- Player is sure the enemy is defeated the turn it is used, 3- the player is completely sure they don't need any other skill.

4: The item menu side-game took too much focus of the menu. This poster started speeding through the item menu to avoid time spent waiting to exit the menu. This was most notable by the menu becoming unusable when the meter filled, and needing to wait for the meter to fill to exit. To be specific, it is awkward at the time immediately at a full meter to the time when the meter fills to half-full again, since this poster (I) thought, "If only I was quicker to leave, then I could have gone. Now I must wait." I do appreciate that the speed is increased when exiting, but it isn't enough. It's also distracting when first exploring the Shop menu.

4A: The side-game can be bypassed with a Save->Load command.

5: Being in the menu and preforming a "back keypress" returns control directly to world map, regardless of how deep(forward keypresses) in the menu one is. To put an example, being in the library and pressing "X" will eject control to the PC (Playable Character), and not to the menu.

6: The best way to describe combat is "Momentum-based". It's hard to come back from a losing position, since one needs to exchange pace for HP and LP, and cannot counteract. On the other hand, when a player is winning, they can spend pace to counter-act and keep pace up for the next counter. This is amplified by knowing the patterns.
For example, if I need to heal LP, but the enemy is attacking Stamina, I end this turn needing to heal Stamina and LP too. And next turn the enemy demands slower battle-speed. I only have 1 action, so I can't do all three things. Thus, because I needed to do two things now, I need to do three things in the future. But, if I don't need to heal, I can keep stamina up, and am ready to slow the speed as well. Because I only needed to do one thing now, I only need to do one thing later. It's hard to understand, so the poster(I) can help explain if inquired.
Items are the only pace reversing mechanism at this point.

7: Changing speed also changes arrows given. This can be exploited to exchange an unfavorable arrow map for another, or to find out patterns faster.
I really like your game. It has the sensation of intimate closeness, as the player gets to know the preferred strategy on an enemy, as well as their quirks. That sensation isn't in other games very often, so I applaud your game. Battles are slow when encountering as the player has no idea of the arrow patterns, or their preferred strategies. But future encounters take less time as the player becomes more familiar, and can exchange pace for points (damage to enemy willpower) more efficiently with the skill Pressure and lose less pace needing to counter and heal. Was this an intended experience? Regardless, it's an interesting dynamic. However, battle feel limiting because the player is allowed only one skill a turn, and they usually need it to do something in reaction to the enemy's action. It feels like the player is always fighting fires, and never creates opportunities for themselves. That is a personal opinion, though.
I hope that this concept is further explored, and that the project goes well. Good luck, UraMomo and TheUnsaid.
Additionally, I like all of the NPCs. They're all cute. Even the PC, Igrenc is cute. UraMomo is doing good work. I'm a fan of the library as well.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Hello, background fan here. I've got a few bugs/personal reports to state:
1: Running from an encounter increments the money variable (bits) incorrectly. It's most notable when performing "Run" from "Acier".

2: Performing a successful back attack or being back attacked and escaping the turn the message appears (as in, no damage given/taken), will increase the messages given to the next encounter. Multiple messages can be given, as well as messages incorrectly given to the correct battle state.

3: The player can run from "Acier".

4: It's impossible to remove an equipped "Mod".

6: For some reason, "Acier Assist" does not go on cooldown. This occurred when "Vert" and "Bleu assists" were on cooldown, and there were no combat triggers on the world map. A save/load was performed at the beginning of this bug report.
1: 1 skill per turn is shackling. There are many times when a player wants to use a "counter-skill", but needs to restore LP.

2: Items are overtuned. Items give too much tempo relative to skills and allow unintended strategies. Most notable is the item "Passion plus," which heals for the same amount as the skill "Psych up", and is not bound by the same restriction. This is also notable with the item "Scope," which allows the player to use the skill "Pressure" consequence free.

3: Victory Heal seems extremely sideboard, and was never used by this poster. It's only usable when the conditions are true: 1- Player cannot recover more Will with Psych Up, 2- Player is sure the enemy is defeated the turn it is used, 3- the player is completely sure they don't need any other skill.

4: The item menu side-game took too much focus of the menu. This poster started speeding through the item menu to avoid time spent waiting to exit the menu. This was most notable by the menu becoming unusable when the meter filled, and needing to wait for the meter to fill to exit. To be specific, it is awkward at the time immediately at a full meter to the time when the meter fills to half-full again, since this poster (I) thought, "If only I was quicker to leave, then I could have gone. Now I must wait." I do appreciate that the speed is increased when exiting, but it isn't enough. It's also distracting when first exploring the Shop menu.

4A: The side-game can be bypassed with a Save->Load command.

5: Being in the menu and preforming a "back keypress" returns control directly to world map, regardless of how deep(forward keypresses) in the menu one is. To put an example, being in the library and pressing "X" will eject control to the PC (Playable Character), and not to the menu.

6: The best way to describe combat is "Momentum-based". It's hard to come back from a losing position, since one needs to exchange pace for HP and LP, and cannot counteract. On the other hand, when a player is winning, they can spend pace to counter-act and keep pace up for the next counter. This is amplified by knowing the patterns.
For example, if I need to heal LP, but the enemy is attacking Stamina, I end this turn needing to heal Stamina and LP too. And next turn the enemy demands slower battle-speed. I only have 1 action, so I can't do all three things. Thus, because I needed to do two things now, I need to do three things in the future. But, if I don't need to heal, I can keep stamina up, and am ready to slow the speed as well. Because I only needed to do one thing now, I only need to do one thing later. It's hard to understand, so the poster(I) can help explain if inquired.
Items are the only pace reversing mechanism at this point.

7: Changing speed also changes arrows given. This can be exploited to exchange an unfavorable arrow map for another, or to find out patterns faster.
I really like your game. It has the sensation of intimate closeness, as the player gets to know the preferred strategy on an enemy, as well as their quirks. That sensation isn't in other games very often, so I applaud your game. Battles are slow when encountering as the player has no idea of the arrow patterns, or their preferred strategies. But future encounters take less time as the player becomes more familiar, and can exchange pace for points (damage to enemy willpower) more efficiently with the skill Pressure and lose less pace needing to counter and heal. Was this an intended experience? Regardless, it's an interesting dynamic. However, battle feel limiting because the player is allowed only one skill a turn, and they usually need it to do something in reaction to the enemy's action. It feels like the player is always fighting fires, and never creates opportunities for themselves. That is a personal opinion, though.
I hope that this concept is further explored, and that the project goes well. Good luck, UraMomo and TheUnsaid.
Additionally, I like all of the NPCs. They're all cute. Even the PC, Igrenc is cute. UraMomo is doing good work. I'm a fan of the library as well.
Oh thanks for the detailed response. I'll tackle it Piece by Piece.

First regarding the bugs:
Thank you. I'm actually bug fixing today and you came at a good time.
BUGS:
1. I just fixed the running bug. You're not the first to mention it. It was mentioned in my discord, and I needed the reminder. Thank you.
2. I've done a small overhaul to the runaway system. Enemies are reset when you run away so their dialogues should be fixed now.
3. This is not a bug. At the moment Acier moves and you can run from her if you wish. The game's still a demo.
4. Yeah... I haven't programmed in that functionality. It's not a bug, it's just technically something I don't value very highly on my Todo list.
5. Assist cooldowns should be fixed now. I can't recreate this bug though so I don't know what's causing it on my end. Still I took some extra measures to make sure the assist cooldown is being properly respected.

Tastes:
1. I don't want the game to be too easy. 1 skill per turn is the best opportunity cost. It matches the enemy's.
2. Yeah... When I added them in they were a HUGE BOON. Even I think they're absolutely busted. I just added in an item limit so you can't purchase to many of them.
3. Yeah Victory Heal's currently not very worth it. I'll probably rename it to Victory Cry and have it give Bits as well so it has more value as a skill... ACTUALLY yeah gimme a sec I'm gonna go do that.
4. None of those complaints have swayed me into changing my mind on how it works. It's still a role-playing game and some aspects of the game are designed for immersion instead of practicality.
5. I'm not seeing this issue. Maybe I've fixed it while working on the game leisurly? Which menu are you backing from that's giving this problem.
6. You're half correct about the momentum. Enemies can gain momentum with their abilities and put you in a disadvantageous position, but coming back from that position is where I believe you're wrong on your analysis.
7. I have no issue with this.

"Battles are slow when encountering as the player has no idea of the arrow patterns, or their preferred strategies. But future encounters take less time as the player becomes more familiar, and can exchange pace for points (damage to enemy willpower) more efficiently with the skill Pressure and lose less pace needing to counter and heal. Was this an intended experience? "
Yes. I wanted the enemies to really feel memorable so I want the first fight against them to be quite challenging.

"It feels like the player is always fighting fires, and never creates opportunities for themselves."
It's a reverse-rape battlefuck RPG.

Glad you enjoyed the game though. Thanks for taking the time to write all this out. I love players who engage with games and are willing to interact. If you have the time, I'd love a review on itch and for you to join the discord. We talk about inane stuff there but we talk about the game most of the time.

EDIT:
OK so I've made the update.
You can find the announcement . Don't want to clutter up the thread.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Omg! I completely missed the assists! I thought it was a WIP, and didn't pay any further attention! I load my old game, and Acier's there! :love:
So, I need to kick more (pretty) butts to unlock the RGBs now? Hell yeah!
Upon a new game, I didn't have to go on Easy, and I managed to evade all encounters, go straight to Acier, winning by a hair. Fun.

I've said that before, but I like the guideline your game follows. I wasn't too sure about the recent-ish tweaks, but after a 2nd look, they're fine.
Interface was considerably improved, no imbalanced skill, nor useless ones. Much tought and care was given, and it shows. Keep it up!

Well, the purple/white arrows might need a clearer explanation/tutorial, apparently (people don't read until they're stuck... Often, only after blaming the dev xD).
Something like:
- white arrows are fixed. They follow the white square pattern displayed in the Prepare tab.
- patterns reset every new game. Your notes are only useful for a single session.
- pink arrows are random. If they show ?, you can press whatever and skip to the next arrow ASAP.
- you can cancel back to the combat screen after you selected Prepare (and checked what pattern is up)

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Omg! I completely missed the assists! I thought it was a WIP, and didn't pay any further attention! I load my old game, and Acier's there! :love:
So, I need to kick more (pretty) butts to unlock the RGBs now? Hell yeah!
Upon a new game, I didn't have to go on Easy, and I managed to evade all encounters, go straight to Acier, winning by a hair. Fun.

I've said that before, but I like the guideline your game follows. I wasn't too sure about the recent-ish tweaks, but after a 2nd look, they're fine.
Interface was considerably improved, no imbalanced skill, nor useless ones. Much tought and care was given, and it shows. Keep it up!

Well, the purple/white arrows might need a clearer explanation/tutorial, apparently (people don't read until they're stuck... Often, only after blaming the dev xD).
Something like:
- white arrows are fixed. They follow the white square pattern displayed in the Prepare tab.
- patterns reset every new game. Your notes are only useful for a single session.
- pink arrows are random. If they show ?, you can press whatever and skip to the next arrow ASAP.
- you can cancel back to the combat screen after you selected Prepare (and checked what pattern is up)
I'm too worried about making the tutorials too long. I have to make them only say the essentials.

Glad you approve of the recent menu and balance tweaks. I also play the game quite often in my free time, and this is the result I've come to after many hours playing.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Regarding tutorials, the first tutorial fight should only have 1 pattern, and the second have two patterns to make it clear that the white arrows are always the same.
Making it more apparent that you are in a different pattern, e.g. by changing the background behind the arrows, would also help to make this game mechanic more apparent without the need of much text.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Regarding tutorials, the first tutorial fight should only have 1 pattern, and the second have two patterns to make it clear that the white arrows are always the same.
Making it more apparent that you are in a different pattern, e.g. by changing the background behind the arrows, would also help to make this game mechanic more apparent without the need of much text.
There's only 1 tutorial fight. Also patterns are unique to enemies not battles. I don't want to confuse the player.

Someone92

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't want to confuse the player.
That's what the game currently does.

Bugs:
- You cannot run away anymore. If you succeed you re-enter the fight immediately
- I saved while being chased by two girls; after loading and aggroing them again, and then running far enough for them to give up duplicates them

edit:
Version I used was 0.51

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Bugs:
- You cannot run away anymore. If you succeed you re-enter the fight immediately
...and for some reason, Alec Igrec gets the 'advantage'. This can be exploited - with a bit of luck when running away.
Most similar games use an MC invincibility (or enemy desactivation) period after a successful escape.

I'm personally fine with the tutorial as they are - most of a game's charm is having distinct mechanics, which are fun to understand. Makes you feel smart and rewarded when you do.
However, there's a growing number of "just here to fap" pseudo-gamers, these days. Not throwing stones at anybody, but they are a non-negligible part of the potential customers...

If mouse was supported, I'd suggest tooltips (post-its for dummies, and reminders about what the icons means).
Since it doesn't, maybe a button to display an help box? 'Press H to get help about the currently highlighted item'?
I understand - and agree - it's a bother, but it might help silencing the "How I play dis. Me cant read" horde. If that's possible at all xD

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
That's what the game currently does.

Bugs:
- I saved while being chased by two girls; after loading and aggroing them again, and then running far enough for them to give up duplicates them

edit:
Version I used was 0.51
Ah yeah the you can't run away bug was mentioned a while back on discord. I haven't uploaded my fix for it because I'm not sure about making an update for one small fix. Rest assured it's fixed on my end.
Weird... about the second bug tho... The total enemy number shouldn't change based on saving. I'll look into it.

...and for some reason, Alec gets the 'advantage'. This can be exploited - with a bit of luck when running away.
Most similar games use an MC invincibility (or enemy desactivation) period after a successful escape.

I'm personally fine with the tutorial as they are - most of a game's charm is having distinct mechanics, which are fun to understand. Makes you feel smart and rewarded when you do.
However, there's a growing number of "just here to fap" pseudo-gamers, these days. Not throwing stones at anybody, but they are a non-negligible part of the potential customers...

If mouse was supported, I'd suggest tooltips (post-its for dummies, and reminders about what the icons means).
Since it doesn't, maybe a button to display an help box? 'Press H to get help about the currently highlighted item'?
I understand - and agree - it's a bother, but it might help silencing the "How I play dis. Me cant read" horde. If that's possible at all xD
Well... I wouldn't be as harsh as calling them pseudo-gamers.
I think gamers of all skill levels should be allowed to exist.

The problem is that we're all separated by our erotic tastes. There might be a game that really hits all of your buttons when it comes to gameplay but does nothing for you erotically, and that feels like a waste. It's the same the other way around. A game that hits all of your buttons erotically but when you play it, it's not the kind of game you usually enjoy.

Even if that's the case though, I have no intention of broadening the appeal of my game to the point that it loses its identity. There's only so much reaching out I'm willing to do from my end. I hope the players who appreciate the erotic element of the game also do some reaching out to my game so we can meet.

That's why I'm so concerned about the tutorial. It's the aspect of my game where I do my reaching out where the changes don't actually affect the core gameplay experience.

Ah... almost forgot. The protagonist's name is Igrec. It means Y in french.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I agree and concur, really.
Well, if anything, have the tutorial give out information a little at a time. Maybe BOLDING the important stuff like my 4 points 2 posts back.

The protagonist's name is Igrec. It means Y in french.
Doh. RGB and Steel were obvious, but I never realized Y...

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
New Update.

It's not much higher than version .051 for a reason. Not much has changed.
  • A gallery was added.
  • A few skills were added to the enemies as well.
  • Quite a few glitches were fixed.
We're still working on more battles and presenting the story. Here's a sneak peak at the next enemy.

Violette progress.png

We'd like to take this time to thank everyone that's been positive and supportive of us. We're still on it, and still progressing.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
New Update.
I haven't replayed through just yet, just went through the intro with max attention:

I changed the controls once (notably, the 'select' button) and I can't change them again. Reboot fixes that.
I just noticed, but the 1st fight (tutorial) should be hard-coded as a regular battle. I got 'surprised' (backstab by rouge), and getting all ????? on the very first battle could be confusing to newcomers.
It also just occured to me: you could use font colors for tutorial clarity (like Library does, very well too). Current highlights are clear & efficient.

You're not very consistent between 'Igrec' or 'You'. It's best to stick to one in a given context. I'd say everything should be 'Igrec', except 'Library' which should be all 'you'. Not a big deal, really.

From here on I'll mark important points with #. I can 't promise I'll be consistent myself 😓

Ordina: this girl #doesn't move (alt:doesn't look as aggressive as the others)
user is a biological lifeform with sufficient #privileges
This unit can provide various #contraptions that may prove useful in confrontations. (not all are medicines)
This unit requires a connection to display her interface. (very minor)
Ok, I get it/Ok, I agree. ('understand' repetition; or leave it alone and use suggestion below - probably better)
Please be aware, this unit requires ejaculation in order for the user to log out.

Library
Meters (more of suggestions than typos):
Stamina is used for skills. Igrec recovers some stamina for every diamond. More for each arrow he guessed right.
Lust: This will go up for every diamond. Even more, for each arrow guessed wrong. Resets after cumming.

Battle 2: 'worry' repetition. Trade one for 'watch out for' or 'be wary about'.
The action timer show how much time you have to #input your arrows.
Damage received #per diamond is lower at higher battle speeds (unless I really suck with overdrive speeds xD)

Defense: 'don't be discouraged if you cum' -> Every time you cum, you gain one heart. Overall damage is reduced for every heart.

Extra: The lower the speed the #fewer you'll get.
You use 'pattern within pattern' while the tutorial names the mechanics 'habits'. Both work, but it's best to stick to one. 'Pattern' fits the mecha theme better imo.

edit:eek:h, 'Willpower' is named 'HP' in status. Should be 'WP'?
I've been wanting to say for a while: these itch.io comments... How clueless can one get, really?
Good luck, I'll be looking forward a release date.

Last edited:
OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
I haven't replayed through just yet, just went through the intro with max attention:

I changed the controls once (notably, the 'select' button) and I can't change them again. Reboot fixes that.
I just noticed, but the 1st fight (tutorial) should be hard-coded as a regular battle. I got 'surprised' (backstab by rouge), and getting all ????? on the very first battle could be confusing to newcomers.
It also just occured to me: you could use font colors for tutorial clarity (like Library does, very well too). Current highlights are clear & efficient.

You're not very consistent between 'Igrec' or 'You'. It's best to stick to one in a given context. I'd say everything should be 'Igrec', except 'Library' which should be all 'you'. Not a big deal, really.

From here on I'll mark important points with #. I can 't promise I'll be consistent myself 😓

Ordina: this girl #doesn't move (alt:doesn't look as aggressive as the others)
user is a biological lifeform with sufficient #privileges
This unit can provide various #contraptions that may prove useful in confrontations. (not all are medicines)
This unit requires a connection to display her interface. (very minor)
Ok, I get it/Ok, I agree. ('understand' repetition; or leave it alone and use suggestion below - probably better)
Please be aware, this unit requires ejaculation in order for the user to log out.

Library
Meters (more of suggestions than typos):
Stamina is used for skills. Igrec recovers some stamina for every diamond. More for each arrow he guessed right.
Lust: This will go up for every diamond. Even more, for each arrow guessed wrong. Resets after cumming.

Battle 2: 'worry' repetition. Trade one for 'watch out for' or 'be wary about'.
The action timer show how much time you have to #input your arrows.
Damage received #per diamond is lower at higher battle speeds (unless I really suck with overdrive speeds xD)

Defense: 'don't be discouraged if you cum' -> Every time you cum, you gain one heart. Overall damage is reduced for every heart.

Extra: The lower the speed the #fewer you'll get.
You use 'pattern within pattern' while the tutorial names the mechanics 'habits'. Both work, but it's best to stick to one. 'Pattern' fits the mecha theme better imo.

edit:eek:h, 'Willpower' is named 'HP' in status. Should be 'WP'?
I've been wanting to say for a while: these itch.io comments... How clueless can one get, really?
Good luck, I'll be looking forward a release date.
You should see the reviews on the game if the itch comments bother you XD

I'll look into your other statements. Thank you for the positive comments :)

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I can't access the reviews; I just see 3.3/13 reviews. Enough to understand what you mean.
Honestly I'd rather stick to forums like ULMF where they shove contagious brain-dead people away :cool:

If you're planning for a Steam release, however (watch out for your keywords! Patreon: do not forget,do not forgive, learn what u can) you can expect at least one kick-ass review, if full thing is remotely consistent with the demo :whistle:

Fatalus

Reputation score
Hey, I really like the concept of your game. Unfortunately I can't get into it despite trying few times now. I really like quick time events with arrows, however they tend to get really insane, really fast.
That combined with randomness (some RNG is always good - don't get me wrong) makes the learning curve very high. I loved even though it seems most people hated it because of hard QTE. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (I read tutorials in the game), but I seem to randomly get (the message just pops up after one round) negative passive effects which crank the QTE into impossible levels. (4 seconds for like 10 arrows and most of them are random too).

I don't want to this to sound negative, just my few thoughts. More BF games is always better than less after all :)

Keep up the good work! I'll probably try to play it again and some point. (and hopefully do better, lol)

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Hey, I really like the concept of your game. Unfortunately I can't get into it despite trying few times now. I really like quick time events with arrows, however they tend to get really insane, really fast.
That combined with randomness (some RNG is always good - don't get me wrong) makes the learning curve very high. I loved even though it seems most people hated it because of hard QTE. Maybe I'm doing something wrong (I read tutorials in the game), but I seem to randomly get (the message just pops up after one round) negative passive effects which crank the QTE into impossible levels. (4 seconds for like 10 arrows and most of them are random too).

I don't want to this to sound negative, just my few thoughts. More BF games is always better than less after all :)

Keep up the good work! I'll probably try to play it again and some point. (and hopefully do better, lol)
I also really like Ason's cum pet game. Their new title(Cursed Blacksmith) is also really up my alley.

Maybe I'm spending too much time with fans on the discord. My vision of the game's difficulty got warped, and I started forgetting the new player experience. The Rouge buffs made you think this was a qte game when it's really not.

zekemckillip

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Keep at the game, I found it impossible for like the first 30 minutes to an hour, then I just got it, and I could beat it with no issues. It is a STEEP learning curve, but once you get the premise, it makes for one of the best game play experiences I've had... I do think that something should be done to ease you into the game, as the beginner experience is pretty brutal, but honestly, some of the best games are like this. Think of this as the Dark Souls of BFRPGs without just being some crappy Dark Souls ripoff.

OP
TheUnsaid

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Keep at the game, I found it impossible for like the first 30 minutes to an hour, then I just got it, and I could beat it with no issues. It is a STEEP learning curve, but once you get the premise, it makes for one of the best game play experiences I've had... I do think that something should be done to ease you into the game, as the beginner experience is pretty brutal, but honestly, some of the best games are like this. Think of this as the Dark Souls of BFRPGs without just being some crappy Dark Souls ripoff.
Awww thanks.

I'm glad you think the demo alone was one of the best game play experiences you've had. Makes me feel more confident after some low review scores, and bad messages.

I'd rather not compare it to Dark Souls though XD.
I myself am not the biggest fan of Dark Souls. I have experience playing with other good turn-based dungeon rpgs like Etrian Odyssey, 7th Dragon, and am quite the fan of fighting games as well.