- Jul 23, 2013
- Reputation score
Woah that looks GOOD
Nice to hear Uramomo get so much praise... but... that means all the cons has to do with my design T_TAlright. I know it's been a month since this game's come out but I'll throw in my 50 cents.
Sorry if I'm saying stuff people have said about before, I don't have the patience to go through all the posts.
- Animations and art are really good, it's clear what everything is.
- Unique mechanics for a BF game. Pretty challenging overall.
- Some people say the slow ability is overpowered but I find myself using calm and the two recovery moves more.
- Easy to pick up mechanics. Tutorial explains all the controls just fine, and selecting continue saves you going through the tutorial over again.
- Enemies don't feel frustrating to fight, but they're tough enough to beat you should things go sour.
They do appear in game though. The icons appear to the right of the scene for the enemy's buffs and debuffs and to the left for your buffs and debuffs.Cons:
- Buff/Debuff clarity is kinda lacking. I'm not talking about passive abilities in the menu, I'm talking about them on the characters. There's no key for the debuff/buff icons so it's easy to lose track of what debuffs/buffs you currently have. Attaching the icons to the list of passive ability descriptions would get around this.
- I don't like the buff/debuff sounds much, they don't really fit the futuristic theme.
- Speed cap on the girls feels a tad high. You could reduce it for a couple of them and make them do more damage on defense misses.
- Enemy hp being in the corner isn't ideal. I think you could have the PC hp underneath the sex animation and the enemy hp on top of it.
- I don't think I'll be designing out of battle skills, but an item system does seem pretty necessary. That's currently in the works actually.Suggestions (I figure you guys have a lot of stuff I'm mentioning planned, but this is on the off-chance you don't):
- Items would be nice. Or just a menu to use your skills outside of battle. I know this is just a demo things are placeholder but I'm curious to see what sort of things you guys will add.
- I don't think this game should level stats, that's too boring. I think it'd be better if you could just level up abilities instead.
- A no stamina ability to instantly lose. A decent BF game isn't complete without one!
- Add some variety to how fast girls in the overworld can chase you. Some could have specific patrolling patterns and others could pick up speed when they detect you.
- Being able to control the scene on game over (cum button, speed increase + decrease).
- Chance of the player getting buffs based on willpower loss, not just from always winning your defense phase. A bit of risk and reward to battles could be fun, and offer a chance for players losing fight to make a comeback. Something like increased willpower recovery for one turn. This could be disabled for fighting bosses.
- Ability to remove a debuff or more. Maybe it could have a chance to remove a buff instead.
- Seeing the % chance you have of successfully escaping a fight.
- An ability that allows you to see more of the randomised white diamonds.
- Increasing the lust decrease of meditate by 5. It's an expensive ability that I feel is slightly short of its cost.
Thanks for that. The game's a bit divisive so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I've gotten some 1 star reviews on itch.io of people saying the game's bullshit... probably from people disappointed the game was challenging when they just wanted a quick fap.Anyhow, I shall keep an eye on this game to see how it develops. The demo's left a good impression on me.
you just got a new supporter my friendThe Shop and Save system have been programmed, along with the assist system.
Honestly, I'm a bit surprised at how much these facilities affected the balance of the game.
The game is MUCH easier now. Not to mention that assists really make Igrec more powerful.
Saving doesn't fully restore you. That costs Bits.
Equipment can be a lot of help as well.
Populating the shop however is a bit of a challenge XD. What kind of items and equipment do you guys want to see?
I'll be working on Acier the first boss introduced in Uramomo's twitter post
Then I'll have to discuss with Uramomo about whether or not to do the unique overworld actions before the next demo. Good news is, we're getting closer
Escape puzzles?manly the sprite art as a sprite artists myself I love your design tho the escape puzzles might need a little fixing *could not escape the girls grabs to save my life literally* I think its a amazing demo otherwise
yea could not escape the robo girls once I encounter them they tend to kill me. And I Appreciate your hard work making sprites like that ain't easy * not even adding in the animations* and I look forward to your workEscape puzzles?
Oh you mean the battles?
You couldn't beat the tutorial enemy?
Appreciate the positive words btw!
That's the main aspect in the game right now...yea could not escape the robo girls once I encounter them they tend to kill me. And I Appreciate your hard work making sprites like that ain't easy * not even adding in the animations* and I look forward to your work
yea could not escape the robo girls once I encounter them they tend to kill me. And I Appreciate your hard work making sprites like that ain't easy * not even adding in the animations* and I look forward to your work
Lol that's what I wanna know XDThat's the main aspect in the game right now...
What are you struggling with in Particular?
Ah that's true. In these types of games the incentive to win is because if you keep losing you'll never see future enemies, but right now that's not the case. There's no wall to force you to get good at the game. Until the noob filter of the first boss is complete I guess that'll always be the case.I mean, to be fair, at the moment there isn't a huge incentive to win... losing lets you well, enjoy the animations!