What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Kitin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

can anyone post a lik to where to find the most up to date and wat patches cant understand!

ulmfuser3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game is still have bugs. Sylver bullets do not stacking. Disarm trap instead of disarm armor can just delete it. If sylver bullets is not so important but deleting armor(can be very enforced armor) forces to restart from last save before it and this save can be quite old. I lost only several minutes because created bat-file which buckup saves periodically.

About latest question about game with latest patches. If I understood need to download latest 30.08.15 version and patches to patch folder from this(ux.getuploader.com /MaiDenSnow_Eve_1/) page.

Last edited:

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, while this thread is up here, does anyone know of a way to hack one's inventory and / or storage sizes; i.e. increase them by a fair bit right away? (I know there are ways to increase it by little amounts for in game actions but that is too long - I need the space waay before I am even close to that). This game is awesome but having to constantly pick and choose what to keep and what to throw and not being able to keep all weapon types and costume types with you is annoying me. (So is the dontation box - why not just make it a bigger storage without having to jump through hoops...?)

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

ulmfuser3:
I don't use range equipment, so I don't know any bugs regarding bullets.
If you meant bugs regarding the Mushroom Disarm Trap in Omake Dungeon, then it was already resolved with the new version + patch (make sure to get the proper files).
If you meant glitch from using the 'Infinte Gold by Selling of Disarm Equipment' trick, (if you don't sync your gears properly after using the trick) the Replacement of Equipment may (or may not) occurs at random upon entering the battlefield.

Stranger:
Sadly, so far I don't think there are any ways to expand the backpack.
There is a way to expand the Stash Box and the Donation Box through saving The Sacrifice.
Though, the only method to expand the backpack is (I think you already knew, but what the heck):
1. Drop down all (or any amount of) your 'Already Equipped' gears (already Equipped Gears may come from those you currently equipped and those reserved in your backpack),
2. Collect all the 'New Gears' or items,
3. From the floor, directly Re-Equipped all the gears you dropped down.
Though even this method have a limit (I think it was around 32 or something).

Usually, for melee, just bring 3 Scroll of Punishment, 1 Elixir, 1 Repairer Scrolls or Full Repair, 3 Cookies, 2 back-up weapons, and you should be fine in Normal all the way to 20+ floors (for Omake Dungeon, better bring Bestsellers). Though it also depends on which dungeon you're exploring, the easiest should be The Abandoned Mine (since I found it easier to farm scrolls and food there. For high grade essence, better luck on another dungeon).

EDI: Kinda late to post it here, but IF my memory serves me right, special weapon like Spined Blade can be obtain by obtaining Any Dual-Wielding Weapon with an Embedded Paralysis2 (red-essence). Go to Dwarf to see if the option is applicable.

Last edited:

4lurk3r

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It's been a while since I last played this anywhere near seriously so my memory is a bit fuzzy (never managed to get very far in the game either, blame laziness), but I did use a few guns here and there, though most of the time I don't use silver-bullets so I don't really know if there's a bug involving them. I do know that the starting two boxes of silver-bullets you start with can't stack with anything else, though. For whatever reason.

ulmfuser3

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ulmfuser3:
If you meant bugs regarding the Mushroom Disarm Trap in Omake Dungeon, then it was already resolved with the new version + patch (make sure to get the proper files).
Oh I understood gear was not deleted like battle log says it was transported somewhere. I found it in other field of the same location. When I only started game gear was transported nearly and because I thought it was deleted in latest time but understood after recheck it and reread battlelog.

Using 300815version+all5patches from getuploader.

Shadowknight502

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If anyone knows, how do you get the outfits to stay transformed outside of lance of fire activating? Some of the transformed outfits are really nice but they don't stay that way long enough to fully enjoy them.

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

If anyone knows, how do you get the outfits to stay transformed outside of lance of fire activating? Some of the transformed outfits are really nice but they don't stay that way long enough to fully enjoy them.
One of the display options is to have the transformed outfits show when being raped (or defeated or something) IIRC.
So there's that at least.

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there a translation thread for this game already up? I didn't see it in the translation index.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Last edited:

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's got a partial for English built in. I'm pretty sure someone translated the options screen in this thread. You'll have to poke around a bit to find it in here.

-BB

I see. Thanks!

The reason I was asking, is because I want to do a full translation of this game. I was wondering how whoever did the partial translation ran the game in rpgmaker vx ace without getting the error to download the latest version from DLSite. I have all of the patches, and running them on the version that I haven't decrypted lets everything work fine. However, trying to run the game from the VX Ace editor with or without the patches in the root folder gives me errors.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I see. Thanks!

The reason I was asking, is because I want to do a full translation of this game. I was wondering how whoever did the partial translation ran the game in rpgmaker vx ace without getting the error to download the latest version from DLSite. I have all of the patches, and running them on the version that I haven't decrypted lets everything work fine. However, trying to run the game from the VX Ace editor with or without the patches in the root folder gives me errors.
I'm not going to out the person who relayed this to me... If they want to comment here they can chime in.

I pulled apart the game awhile back and tried what your doing. It was pointed out to me that it's suspected that there's some code that checks the RGSS file modification time and dumps if it's not an expected value.

You'll have to go through the code and find that short circuit timestamp check if you want to run it uncompressed. That's about the time I decided it wasn't worth my time :p

-BB

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I pulled apart the game awhile back and tried what your doing. It was pointed out to me that it's suspected that there's some code that checks the RGSS file modification time and dumps if it's not an expected value.

You'll have to go through the code and find that short circuit timestamp check if you want to run it uncompressed. That's about the time I decided it wasn't worth my time :p

-BB
Are you sure it's the .rgss3a file that is checked at runtime? After decrypting it, I remove the file from the folder and it still gives me the "download latest version" error. There isn't much difference if I put the file back in, and modify the modification date to match the original.

However, sometimes the error is preferenced with a 4 or a 5 but the message is still the same.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Are you sure it's the .rgss3a file that is checked at runtime? After decrypting it, I remove the file from the folder and it still gives me the "download latest version" error. There isn't much difference if I put the file back in, and modify the modification date to match the original.

However, sometimes the error is preferenced with a 4 or a 5 but the message is still the same.
If you extract the RGSS, then remove it... it's not there so an error is thrown when the code goes to check it. If you have the RGSS in the directory, it will use that at runtime, not the extracted files so you get the default game.

If you think about it a bit, it makes perfect sense. I do not know for sure this is exactly what is going on. I just ran out of patience & decided it wasn't worth investigating further. GL

-BB

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

If I'm remembering correctly, I believe the author said he put in some anti-hack/mod stuff because he didn't want anybody using cheats or outside translations with the game.

It's his game so he can be as stupid as he wants about it I suppose.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

I wish he'd external the strings though, wouldn't mind knowing what the plot orbs are saying

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Meh. I don't know why people don't want to out me as the knowledgable person on this games internal mechanics. I also know lots of other things, such as who to blame for Ramble Rabbits hatred of people modding their game, but that's a whole other can of worms that would involve outing someone who did go to some effort to hide their identity. Not very well, I'd admit, but still...

Anyhow, this game does have some anti-tamper mechanisms, but it's not secure by any stretch of the imagination. Specifically, last I checked, the patch file mechanism isn't much more complex than reading Ruby scripts from the patch files and eval'ing them. So that's the ability to execute arbitrary code, which means it's translatable. Actually translating the game may be a bit more complex though. The game may be on top of the RPGMaker VX Ace runtime, but large chunks were not developed in RPGMaker. Judging from screenshots of the code, it was made using some flavour of Netbeans + plugins. I also know that portions of the game were made in RPGMaker VX (not Ace). So this looks like it would definitely require some custom tooling.

If anyone is really interested, I can try to dig up some old notes. But do remember that Ramble Rabbit has said they doesn't want anyone to mod their game, and as much as that sucks for English fans, it's probably best to respect their wishes.

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If anyone is really interested, I can try to dig up some old notes. But do remember that Ramble Rabbit has said they doesn't want anyone to mod their game, and as much as that sucks for English fans, it's probably best to respect their wishes.
I would be very interested! At the very least, to understand the anti-tamper mechanisms.

bonebaby

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Meh. I don't know why people don't want to out me as the knowledgable person on this games internal mechanics. I also know lots of other things, such as who to blame for Ramble Rabbits hatred of people modding their game, but that's a whole other can of worms that would involve outing someone who did go to some effort to hide their identity. Not very well, I'd admit, but still...
Meh... just didn't think it was my place to put someone on the spot. When we talked about this awhile ago it was via PM not in the public topic. I figured you'd jump in, or not depending on how you felt about getting involved.

With that said, I can't really contribute much more as I dropped the idea of modding this one about a year ago.

-BB