What's new

RPG RPG Maker [うさぎめしや / usabox] MaiDenSnow Eve / MaiDenSnow Eve ~さる前夜祭~ (RE115762, RJ115762)

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: MaiDenSnow Eve

Its a roguelike, not an rpg, so there's not really much dialogue nor story. That being said, last time I played, little to none of the dialogue was translated. The biggest bummer was that lots of the combat chatter was untranslated. But I think those are the one thing that could be easily fan- or machine-translated (they are just an editable .txt file in the "_default_dialog" folder. turned on by removing the first underscore of each I believe.)

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally getting hang of this ...
Kinda wonder what "Limit Break" you mention ...
Found several food which fill Vitality (Half Bread, Full Bread, etc), and there's "Happiness" after eating to boost your stat ...
the translation is more or less a partial, have some typo and weird grammar, but it's better than nothing ...
and I don't know what the dwarf talking about since my Chiitrans can't hook it (strange, Chiitrans should be fully compatible with RPG Maker VX) ...
is there walkthru for this game ?

Its a roguelike, not an rpg, so there's not really much dialogue nor story. That being said, last time I played, little to none of the dialogue was translated. The biggest bummer was that lots of the combat chatter was untranslated. But I think those are the one thing that could be easily fan- or machine-translated (they are just an editable .txt file in the "_default_dialog" folder. turned on by removing the first underscore of each I believe.)
already check what's in the folder ...
it's basically words for moan, yelp, or getting horny ... :p

Last edited:

Tesseract

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Yeah its been a couple of years. I should stop giving gameplay advice since I don't remember that well.

I do hope that development on this resumes, or it gets a sequel, expansion, or something. Its in my top 10 h-games for sure. I did some digging around a while ago for news, but the only recent thing I found was the dev's twitter account ( ) which is a pretty terrible platform for news/updates.

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Due to complain from people who like to neg-rep, some changes have been made below:

7 - If you want to play safe, save-scum your games often (create a copy of the save folder)
8 - If your previous action is Move, you get the status with three arrow lines colored bluish-gray. If you cast Sword Acute while having this affect, you cast the skills much faster than most of the creatures around you (but, you are also easier to get Doggy-Down). Concecrate add Knock-back to it.
9 - If you're facing high level Arachne, try not to fight her in an open space. She have insane disabling ability and action-speed. R*mbleRabbit, please nerf her!
10 - Try to change your stance depending on the situation. If you get caught in a middle of an open space, you can try to Evade-stance your way to the edge of the map or out into the narrow corridor (Do be cautious of Traps).
11. Endurance affect the rate of debuffs on stats. Higher Endurance can reduce the rate of, let say, Strength -10%, may be in actuality be decreased by just -6%. You can check that there is indeed a change to some stats being DeBuffs under Futa if you wear/remove your Rosary (which raise your Endurance).
12. Futa/Bestial can be cured by the Doctor at the Windmill (as well as at the BoE safe zone).

13 - If you want to get better equipment (from Dwarf), try fighting high-level creatures/floors continuously Without load-game.
13.1 - For the latest patch (I don't remember the older ones though), the difference between Dwarf-repair and the Cat-repair is that Dwarf can repair broken item (zero durability), Cait Sith can't. To restore the equipment durability, you need to use Repairer Scrolls or Full Repair Scrolls. You can raise the maximum (as well as highest minimum) durability of an equipment by embedding a silver-essence or any highest-[stats]-essence.

14 - You can expand essence slot of an equipment to it max or raise scrolls count through the dwarf. Not sure of staves count though.
14.1 - For an example, an Athame Knife with no essence slot, you need another Athame Knife with One-Red-Essence embedded to make it into Athame +1 empty socket.
14.2 - Another example, for an Athame-Knife with One-STR3-Essence, you need another Athame Knife with at least One-Red-embedded + One Empty socket to expand the Athame STR3 into Athame STR3+One Empty socket.
14.3 - If you read through the Item Book (Press D, it is somewhere below Save), you find that Athame Knife have max-3 essence. If you get Athame Knife STR3+One empty slot, you can expand it again with another Athame Knife with any Two-Red-Essence + 1-Empty socket to make it into Athame Knife STR3 + 2-empty socket.
You get better picture of this once you try it yourself few times.

15 - If your lust gauge is high (or perhaps if you go bottomless??), you can gain Overdrive a lot faster.
15.1 - Overdrive is the green gauge and it will emptied out once you *ehem*ehem* or passed-out.

16. For those who are wondering why you didn't encounter some/any Lords, there are 4 conditions to be met.

17. Did you know that there is one extra equipment that you can carry? It is called 'Uterus Inscription'. You can get Inscription in BoE later, but even before that, you can get Uterus Inscription by:
17.1 - Getting your Vitality down to Zero
17.2 - Getting Vag*nal C*m from intended creatures. Different creatures bore different inscription. Take note that not all inscription can work under Uterus.

Last edited:

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Seriously lacking space for storage ...
is there a way to increase the capacity ?

Also for the Dwarf repair ...
isn't he should be able to fix Equipment without penalty lowering the Max endurance ? (it actually lowering the max endurance instead, is it a bug ?)

3 - You can expand essence slot of an equipment to it max or raise scrolls count through the dwarf (I don't think I need to explain it here). Not sure of staves count though.

not sure I can follow this information in here ...
can you tell the detail to expand essence slot ?

8 - If your lust meter is high (or perhaps if you go bottomless??), you can gain Overdrive a lot faster.

What is Overdrive ? That green gauge ? I think it actually emptied if you get horny ?

10 - If you just started playing, I strongly advice Not to play horny (especially futa). Think of it this way, you are given bonus of 10 skill points max, if you are a horny person, you get -1 base skill (-2 if futa) since horny doesn't give you anything except debuffs, so now you had to use 2 bonus skill points to cover up the -2 base skill points. You can, however, combo it later with inscription.

what is Skill point ? is there skill point allocation ?
also how to cure Futa / Bestial ?

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can't find "The Sacrifice" and "The Priest" even after that one boss (?) suddenly appearing on my trip to Town (there's some kind of warning about a thing appear) ...
kill it (get really hard since there are a lot other enemies summoning a lot more enemies) ... but nothing happen ... :confused:

also, can someone recommend what best weapon for CQC (Close quarter Combat) and ranged combat ?
please give detail of Weapon, Bullet, and Essence ...

I see Essence can be combined, even in Dwarf ...
is there a trick to make it really useful ?

Last edited:

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I can't find "The Sacrifice" and "The Priest" even after that one boss (?) suddenly appearing on my trip to Town (there's some kind of warning about a thing appear) ...
kill it (get really hard since there are a lot other enemies summoning a lot more enemies) ... but nothing happen ... :confused:
You can find priest after you progress further through locations (he's located in the church). Sacrifices can be found either in lightless pass or in the border of erotion. If you found killing one boss hard I'd recommend forgetting about sacrifices for the time being - it's endgame content and is quite challenging without proper equipment. Besides, if memory serves me right, neither of them (pass or border) are accessible until you kill all of the bosses.

also, can someone recommend what best weapon for CQC (Close quarter Combat) and ranged combat ?
please give detail of Weapon, Bullet, and Essence ...
It's really up to the personal preference. Otherwise, I'd recommend you checking end game build samples found in the first post - they cover things you've asked for.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Seriously lacking space for storage ...
is there a way to increase the capacity ?
^ this was the most annoying aspect of the game. I wanted to keep at least one of every outfit and every weapon. And the donation box shenanigans is annoying. :(

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yariel:
Quite a lot of questions there, so bear with me.
1. Melee Weapon (I don't use range, sorry)
Personally, I think Rapier is the best (for standard use) melee weapon. It have good defence, good offense, 4-max socket, and stinger. But it's not almighty, especially if you want to go for a specific built, like what Moceber said, it is up to you to discover your own play-style.

2. Essences
2.1 Combining Essence (on the same piece of equipment)
STR1 + STR1 = STR2
STR2 + STR2 = STR3, 3 is max for any [Stats] and [Element] essences.
Silver1 + Silver1 = Silver2, 2 is max for [Silver], [Player], [Creature]-slay, and [Status] essences.

2.2 Red-Essence is Fixed-Essence.
No creatures drops you [STR3], [DEX3], [Silver2], etc. in its pure yellow essence (I mean not STR2+STR1, but solid STR3), it is always Fixed in an equipment as a red-essence, even [DEF2] only exist as red-essence. So, once you find Katze-Balgen with [STR3] [DEF3] embedded, don't be shy to keep it.

2.3 What makes Essence Great?
Just because you found a highest grade Essence does not make it a great equipment. Generally, Knuckle-Duster with [STR3] are less valuable then Knuckle-Duster with [Dex2], since I don't think a ranger would need STR. Further advice into this requires the overall looks into what you envisioned your built should be, and that would be beyond me, sorry.

2.4 Short term preparation
I don't want to give lecture about what you need to built 10-months from now, so I just tells you what you could have built in this month. If you strive for CQC, then try to get at least 1 melee-weapon with solid STR3, or a dual-wielding weapon with [Paralysis2/Confuse2], and work around there. Visit Dwarf regularly if you can already fight high level enemies, in hopes he could sells you the weapon(s) with its highest essence(s) that you want.

3 The Sacrifice (I'm sorry if I repeat this)
You can discover the Sacrifice under two conditions, and it is always random encounter. You know its there if there is a short cut-scene at the beginning of the Floors:
3.1 - After you visited the Priest, Turn ON the Memory for (sorry, can't remember the name), then goes to specific field (like The Abandoned Mine, Waterway, etc.) and goes into The Lightless Path Doors
(example: instead of heading from Dwarf Cave to Cat Cave, you head from Dwarf Cave to Lightless Path to Cat Cave), several times into the Lightless Path if needed be.
OR
3.2 - Random encounter at BoE. I advised you always have a spare of Bestseller a/o Master Ninja for BoE.

The Stranger:
I think you already knew, but for those who haven't, you can expand your Donation Box by (+1) and your Stash by (+0.5) for every The Sacrifice you saved (both have its limits though).

The following are just me grumbling. Pay no heed: I've already explained some of these before, but I modified it (some of it went to oblivion) since SOME people just HAD to neg-rep me for some st*pid reasoning. But I'm also a noob, so I cry in the corner.

Last edited:

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just found up, 2 Full Repair Scroll can be combined into 1 bundle with 2x usage ...
and it don't lose any amount either, this might save few space ...

Yariel:
Quite a lot of questions there, so bear with me.
1. Melee Weapon (I don't use range, sorry)
Personally, I think Rapier is the best (for standard use) melee weapon. It have good defence, good offense, 4-max socket, and stinger. But it's not almighty, especially if you want to go for a specific built, like what Moceber said, it is up to you to discover your own play-style.
Yeah, I use Rapier too (since it's dual wield) and do multi attack ...

2. Essences
2.1 Combining Essence (on the same piece of equipment)
STR1 + STR1 = STR2
STR2 + STR2 = STR3, 3 is max for any [Stats] and [Element] essences.
Silver1 + Silver1 = Silver2, 2 is max for [Silver], [Player], [Creature]-slay, and [Status] essences.
Now this is odd, I already tried Combine Basic Essence (that yellow box) but it only add the stack and not reaching new level (Ex : STR1 + STR1 = 2 STR1 ... STR2 + STR2 = 2 STR2) is there a trick to do this ?

2.2 Red-Essence is Fixed-Essence.
No creatures drops you [STR3], [DEX3], [Silver2], etc. in its pure yellow essence (I mean not STR2+STR1, but solid STR3), it is always Fixed in an equipment as a red-essence, even [DEF2] only exist as red-essence. So, once you find Katze-Balgen with [STR3] [DEF3] embedded, don't be shy to keep it.
yes, I know that, but can the effect being transfered / combined to other weapon ?

2.3 What makes Essence Great?
Just because you found a highest grade Essence does not make it a great equipment. Generally, Knuckle-Duster with [STR3] are less valuable then Knuckle-Duster with [Dex2], since I don't think a ranger would need STR. Further advice into this requires the overall looks into what you envisioned your built should be, and that would be beyond me, sorry.
Doesn't matter, it means you need to adjust the stat to what the weapon need ...
Ex : CQC need Strength, while Gun need Dexterity ...

2.4 Short term preparation
I don't want to give lecture about what you need to built 10-months from now, so I just tells you what you could have built in this month. If you strive for CQC, then try to get at least 1 melee-weapon with solid STR3, or a dual-wielding weapon with [Paralysis2/Confuse2], and work around there. Visit Dwarf regularly if you can already fight high level enemies, in hopes he could sells you the weapon(s) with its highest essence(s) that you want.
I notice the Dwarf will stock better item the longer you pass the floor or kill some kind of boss type or summoner type or have "Exploration Progress"
This get reset if you : Enter the Dwarf Place, Load the game ...

3 The Sacrifice (I'm sorry if I repeat this)
You can discover the Sacrifice under two conditions, and it is always random encounter. You know its there if there is a short cut-scene at the beginning of the Floors:
3.1 - After you visited the Priest, Turn ON the Memory for (sorry, can't remember the name), then goes to specific field (like The Abandoned Mine, Waterway, etc.) and goes into The Lightless Path Doors
(example: instead of heading from Dwarf Cave to Cat Cave, you head from Dwarf Cave to Lightless Path to Cat Cave), several times into the Lightless Path if needed be.
OR
3.2 - Random encounter at BoE. I advised you always have a spare of Bestseller a/o Master Ninja for BoE.
Hmm, that's interesting info ...
But Where is the priest ? In Town ? or deeper at Dwarfen Mine ?

The Stranger:
I think you already knew, but for those who haven't, you can expand your Donation Box by (+1) and your Stash by (+0.5) for every The Sacrifice you saved (both have its limits though).
Haven't found "Donation Box" ...
should I seek the priest first ?

The following are just me grumbling. Pay no heed: I've already explained some of these before, but I modified it (some of it went to oblivion) since SOME people just HAD to neg-rep me for some st*pid reasoning. But I'm also a noob, so I cry in the corner.
Nah, it's clear in instruction and info ...
the shit bastard who neg rep you only troll around and when they get busted, they create new account again ...
they usually bad mouth translator or someone who provide info / walkthru in this ULMF ...

I WONDER WHY NO MOD / ADMIN HANDLE THIS SITUATION !
AND WHAT KIND OF IDEA MAKING "ANONYMOUS" WHEN SOMEONE NEG REP OTHER ?

can't they block the ID / E-mail registration for that user or making registering this ULMF need to be recommended ?

I haven't seen any admin / mod active lately ...
are they leaving this ULMF or something ?

YllariusCroceus

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

the shit bastard who neg rep you only troll around and when they get busted, they create new account again ...
they usually bad mouth translator or someone who provide info / walkthru in this ULMF ...

I WONDER WHY NO MOD / ADMIN HANDLE THIS SITUATION !
AND WHAT KIND OF IDEA MAKING "ANONYMOUS" WHEN SOMEONE NEG REP OTHER ?

can't they block the ID / E-mail registration for that user or making registering this ULMF need to be recommended ?

I haven't seen any admin / mod active lately ...
are they leaving this ULMF or something ?
I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like anyone pays attention to it anyways.

I once got neg-repped with a comment saying 'piracy is bad'. Uhm, where do you people think you are?

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like anyone pays attention to it anyways.

I once got neg-repped with a comment saying 'piracy is bad'. Uhm, where do you people think you are?
Japanese won't sell outside their country ...
and most in here making mod for their own translation, some even asking the author of the game themself ...

The main problem is at few years ago ...
There are some user who give FAKE PREMIUM LINK, AND ONE OF THEM MAKE CHAOS IN ULMF ...
there's sick drunkard idiot insulting translator in ULMF ...
when other user rebuke him, he start insulting and threaten other ...
and when the MOD comes in, he start insulting and mocking with gibberish ...
(that makes the threat get closed down and the troublemaker get kick out PERMANENTLY)

after that, there's a lot of FAKE report at MEGA account which cause most user get ban from MEGA ... have a guess who make that fake report ...

well, there's still a lot of upload site and link beside MEGA, so that idiot don't get that far for this "revenge" ... but it seems there's plenty dope trying to follow his footstep, so I tried to urge MOD and ADMIN to fix this problem ... !A!S!A!P! ...

This is why I'm VERY BITTER to any trait :
1. giving fake premium link ...
2. Mocking translator WITHOUT EVEN CHECKING THEIR WORK
3. Mocking someone who give CLEAR explaining and information
4. Mocking other hard work, messing up in ULMF and insulting MOD / ADMIN ...

Kinda remember that type of trouble in my school at past ...
(messing up in class, makes trouble and finally mocking teacher)
because of that he get beaten badly by teacher and get kicked out of school ...
such a good show and a good time ...

Last edited:

polisummer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The most frustrating thing about this game is that I'm able to open it up and translate it now, but the DRM is preventing me from bundling my changes in it and running it so other people can have the translation :(

yariel

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The most frustrating thing about this game is that I'm able to open it up and translate it now, but the DRM is preventing me from bundling my changes in it and running it so other people can have the translation :(
I know ... I tried to edit and fix a lot of item info ...
and I want to cheat a bit (mainly editing the amount of storage) ...
but the game will get error if I edit using RPG MAKER VX ACE RTP EDITOR ... :(

CrownLustre

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

First and foremost, sorry to have re-Edit my posts many times.

Yariel:
1. About Rapier
Rapier is a good damage dealer since you start out with good base stats, but it is less dependent on STR and Dex than most other melee weapon. So, I assume that instead of making it an STR DEX weapon, I'd go with some Status+Status+Element+Anything. Though, this is just my thought, don't take it seriously.

2. Essences
2.1 You can't combine essences to turn it into another one new essence.
But you can, how to say, add onto(?) another essence into a higher-grade essence. (Sorry to have caused the misunderstanding).
ex.: STR 1 is called Power, STR2 is called Strength, STR3 is called Gigant.
So, if you add 3 STR1 or 2 STR2 into any one piece of equipment, it will reach Gigant (and stop at Gigant, so don't waste essence space with STR on that again).
2.2 Yellow Essence can be taken out by using Alchemist Craftbox (I think that was the name), Red Essence(s) can't.
Red Essence can be transfered if you have decided to change the Weapon,
example:
Rapier [Paralysis2] [Agi3] [Empty] [Empty] + Falcon Stake [Paralysis2] [Resilience2] [Empty] >> Spined Blade [Paralysis2] [Agi3/Resilience2??] [Empty].
Falcon Stake [STR3] [Empty] [Null/Empty] + Nameless Blade >> Epicedium Edge [Gigant]
*All essences above are Red-Essences, those are just an example, it can be others as well*.

3. The Priest is at the Church.
I take it you haven't gone there, you must have been really farming at around the Dwarf huh? Wow, impressive seriously. Well, you can go there by any of these route:
3.1. Barking Wind > Gatehouse/Outpost > Church
3.2. Barking Wind to Cat Cave > Abandoned Mine to Dwarve Cave or Cat Fountain > Waterway to Windwill (have Doctor if you're under Futa/Bestial) > Lonesome Street to Church (have Cat and Priest).
Basically, the Church are connected by two main line, the Lonesome Street and the Undergound Chapel (or whatcamacallit, you can go there via the underground stairs in front of the Cat at the Church).

4. Crafting Final Weapon
Take note, that you can produce Final Weapon after you have visisted the Priest and goes to either Hollow Tree to collect Namless Blade or Inner Sanctum to collect piece of gun(?). Change any of these two into Final Weapon from the Dwarf (it needs to be combine with other weapon).
While you go to Hollow Tree, don't forget to collect a Memory: a Eve there in order to Turn On the trigger for Lords will appear.

5. Donation Box
Donation Box Only first appear once you have visited the Priest at the Church (and open that silver box near-left of the altar). It then also appear elsewehere like the Cat Cave, Dwarf Cave, etc..
You can only put in or exchange any Equipments or Essences into the Donation Box. After you have beat all 5 Lords, you can return to your home through the Church altar, and use the Donation Box freely at your house.

6. Sidenote:
6.1 The Sacrifice needs to be sent to either the Doctor or the Priest in order to +1 Donation Box space +0.5 Stash space +0.0 Backpack space.
6.2 Some equipments only ever come to existence (as drops or buyable) once
6.2.1. You have produced it at the Dwarf
ex. Katze Balgen from Granite Blade (or Longsword?)
or
6.2.2. Retrieve it from certain location (like Leather Bondage from the Priest, Mermaid's Shell from the Cat Fountain, etc.).
or
6.2.3. I'm not sure for this one, but you might need to buy it from the Dwarf in order for it to be appart of a dropped item, like Fox Tooth. Again, I'm not sure of this one being a requirement.
6.3 Thanks for the Good Rep, idk who you are, but thanks ya all.

Last edited:

GM_MD

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm trying to play MaiDensnow Online, Ramble Rabbit's previous work. But it has the same DRM as MSE. I get error 3 when I attempt to run it. I get error 4 if I extract the data/graphics from the .rgssa3. I even set my system region for the date format and set the date of my system to the year month day the DRM was looking for, downloaded the archive, extracted it with 7zip, extracted it using windows 7's build in file extractor, ran the packed self extractor, extracted without the packed self extractor as well. I still received error codes 3 or 4. I also put an exception to the folder the files are stored in with antivirus.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

GM_MD

Lurker
Reputation score

any links?
If you are talking about MaiDenSnow Online: maidensnow.web.fc2.com/games/game_Yokai_Daimakyo.html
Follow the link of Download1:SkyDrive and it's one of the two on the bottom right called メイデンスノウの妖怪大魔境. The password to extract is "usabox"

killzone184

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If you are talking about MaiDenSnow Online: maidensnow.web.fc2.com/games/game_Yokai_Daimakyo.html
Follow the link of Download1:SkyDrive and it's one of the two on the bottom right called メイデンスノウの妖怪大魔境. The password to extract is "usabox"
dont think so im talking about this

Deekin

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'm trying to play MaiDensnow Online, Ramble Rabbit's previous work. But it has the same DRM as MSE. I get error 3 when I attempt to run it. I get error 4 if I extract the data/graphics from the .rgssa3. I even set my system region for the date format and set the date of my system to the year month day the DRM was looking for, downloaded the archive, extracted it with 7zip, extracted it using windows 7's build in file extractor, ran the packed self extractor, extracted without the packed self extractor as well. I still received error codes 3 or 4. I also put an exception to the folder the files are stored in with antivirus.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
IIRC the time thing was simply a manner of turning off DST, as Japan doesn't use it.