What's new

ACT [ウズラざなっく /Quail ] セタリアの魔境 / Setaria's Makyou (RJ323773)

Captainstarfish

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Nice. I don't like futa much, but this dev is inventive enough to make it interesting.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Huh, well that new ci-en update is...[...] kinda...like that.
Well, damn...
Poor girl didn't fail just one unbirth, but two? How bad can her luck be?

Somehow the derpy face fits her like a glove. This dev will end up converting me to futa if I'm not careful :eek:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Well, damn...
Poor girl didn't fail just one unbirth, but two? How bad can her luck be?

Somehow the derpy face fits her like a glove. This dev will end up converting me to futa if I'm not careful :eek:
Nah, it's not three sets of legs it's two sets of legs and 1 set of arms.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I don't know what y'all are referring to, and I'm glad I don't

I assume that's some forsaken saliva?

Last edited:

cell943

Reputation score
Huh, well that new ci-en update is...particularly disturbing. Honestly forgot the designs the dev does is kinda...like that.
It's not that out there. You can see similar themes throughout many other popular h-games. Alien Quest Eve comes to mind.

Reputation score
The latest ci-en(s) are interesting. I'm assuming the Jan 14th is a lot of concept art and the 28th one shows some in game stuff? The Jan 14th concept arts are certainly interesting, I personally like the factory one.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Anybody heard anything from the dev recently?

I'm really really worried the worst has happened to him, this fucking covid never leaving humanity keeps taking lives of good people.
It doesn't even need to be anything of development work, just some proof he's still alive.

Serifyn

Tentacle God
Reputation score
This message was left at the bottom of his most recent Ci-en message on Jan 28th --

"
Miscellaneous notes
It seems that I will not be able to work for about 2 weeks, so the next post may be a little short. Comments may be delayed in replying ... I'm sorry ...!
Next time, I'll do my best to show more progress ...! "

Not saying its proof of anything because it really isn't but theres a bunch of reasons why people would stop posting on twitter/ci-en. For one, Twitter is a trash platform that bans you for anything spontaneously, i wouldn't be surprised if the stuff hes posted recently has earned him a ban.

Another couple of reasons are due to development. Some devs love to share their work, and i'd say that this dev is one such person but at some point you realize that you are spoiling literally everything you're doing and it's going to hurt interest if you don't hold anything back, finally and this is much more common -- alot of devs run into writers block or just randomly lose interest for a period of time. Its also possible that the dev is working at a furious pace and hopes to release the game soon and doesn't want any distractions.

These along with the usual reasons (unexpected eviction, expected jail, unexpected uunemployment, unexpected internet outage in your area) are all pretty normal. It really depends where you are working out of, not everyone is in or can afford Tokyo. Real life takes us out of our hobbies while we're fixing it. People who in the age group to make hentai probably aren't at risk to covid, particularly to recent strains of the virus.

Its far more likely that its a temporary, unexpected hiatus.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
If he's simply away that's totally fine...
I just don't want another god tier game dev to permanently drop off the planet, along with all their hopes and aspirations to make H-games have standards.

Also fuck covid in general. It robbed Rick May (TF2 soldier's VA) from us along with many other great people, trying to take the immortal queen of england too.

Yilin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Am I underpowered for the final boss or am I missing some mechanic like breaking her adds? Her second phase completely covers the entire field with lasers with every attack and I just end up backed up into a corner with nowhere to dodge. Shooting the eyes around her don't do anything, while shooting her bullets does break them but it takes like half my clip to get rid of just one when she's firing a dozen at a time.

Current upgrades:

EDIT: Eeyup found a good place to grind for a few minutes, got a few more upgrades, and beat it. Should have invested more in the laser.

Final upgrades:

------

An excellent game and highly value for money. Fun gameplay, snappy movements and controls, minimal grind (because the enemies are all money pinatas), and great animations/art.

Only part I didn't like was the maze sections which I felt should have been given text hints or small differences between doors to mark the correct way. Maybe stage 3 had some hints and I didn't notice, but I'm pretty sure stage 2 definitely didn't since there are multiple routes. The final boss being a DPS check was also jarring after having the previous bosses have attacks that were actually dodgeable.

Would have disliked the darkness of the mansion too if I had played it before the brightness update. A dim area with a circle of light around the character would be fine, but the mansion was just pitch black and I couldn't even see the next platform to jump to at times

Last edited:

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Quail's making some good progress on what I assume is a close sequel to Setaria. He also says a delay in its production is likely and is keeping tight-lipped about any release schedule, but is fully focused on "completion", which I assume means working on the game full-time so perhaps we'll see more progress updates.

Good news is it's all looking polished. Animated avatar of the MC in the bottom left, new UI. Orgasm bar looks to be moved to the right and only shows up during scenes.
The MC can also do a lot more than the previous one's, she's very mobile and can quickly dash, attack in melee and still has access to ranged attacks. I haven't seen any sign of enemies moving faster to keep up with the new pace of the MC so perhaps they'll feature some hefty cooldown times or periods of immobility to balance things out. Eh, maybe.

Anyhow, since this is the first time he's spoken about production releasing at all... maybe we can expect a demo at the end of the month? Cautious optimism.

Here's the link to this progress update. Features gameplay clips and the start of an animated H-scene.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While I find the naked female protag a beautiful thing--

God her feet must hurt like hell.

Joke aside, I'm glad some devs are carrying the weight when it comes to Hdev games-- we've had such a long dry streak that it left people feeling like it's a bottomless pit.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
About her being barefoot but still sporting a real nice cape, I have two theories behind it.

Story-wise she might be an escaped slave that had snagged some real nice gear on her hurried way out. It follows through well enough, given the potential first area is very heavy in prostitution, control and punishment.
Or less interestingly, he'll just give her a skintight undersuit like the heavy gunner protag of Setaria sports later on.

But yeah, similar feelings. There's been a small influx of really really good ACT games coming out over the last two years, but Setaria in particular has left its mark on me, got me thirsting for quality and even a bit of actual gameplay. The next title is looking like it's gonna be vastly superior, not just for its scenes either. Gonna be one of the top 5 highlights of the year for sure.

Sscdrake

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
It's not that out there. You can see similar themes throughout many other popular h-games. Alien Quest Eve comes to mind.
Do continue....? :p

While I find the naked female protag a beautiful thing--

God her feet must hurt like hell.

Joke aside, I'm glad some devs are carrying the weight when it comes to Hdev games-- we've had such a long dry streak that it left people feeling like it's a bottomless pit.
That's how I feel about patreon games that do well and suddenly fall to a crawl... at least developers like him actually release games (and have already) and have incentive to, unlike patreon creators making 15+k a month only to add slightly meaningful updates every 6 months or so, lol.

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think the only Patreon Hdevs I still shill for are Portals of Phereon and like the 5th unfinished Enlit3d game lmfao

Reputation score
The dev has recently released a free demo for their next game which is similar in style.

No save feature yet, the controls are interesting. It's rather good so far.