What's new

ACT [ウズラざなっく /Quail ] セタリアの魔境 / Setaria's Makyou (RJ323773)

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
... optional "hand holding"?
I would rather not have the option than be tempted to use it.
Besides, "Optional" maps tend to force the map in your face and say "GO HERE C*NT", which just ruins the fun.

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i have seen this sentiment at least three times on this forum and it concerns me the type of games people play outside of hentai games that they think we're still in 2009 AAA landscape when it comes to "hand holding" tutorials. Simple, learn as you play tutorials have kinda taken over.

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
Also-- the nuns, what's that about? 🤔
https://ulmf.org/threads/uzurazanakku-quail-setariano-setarias-makyou-rj323773.14778/post-1153280
See that post ^. Its cut content, looks kind of similar to the MC of next game...on the surface at least.

i have seen this sentiment at least three times on this forum and it concerns me the type of games people play outside of hentai games that they think we're still in 2009 AAA landscape when it comes to "hand holding" tutorials. Simple, learn as you play tutorials have kinda taken over.
lol
lmao
im gonna go on a rant.

Did you see DOOM 2016? and then the second one? There was a tutorial for every single new enemy encounter. "Shoot here, this is a weakpoint" "use this skill to kill this guy faster" "follow these bright glowing markers because you cant use your damn brain!"
Handholding is still prevalent in AAA games because their success depends on how easily their paid 'game journalists' can play and enjoy the game. Ratings is all that matters, and so they keep catering to the lowest common denominator of the player base.

Where exactly are you supposed to find that sense of wonder if there is no exploration? I will not compromise for an easy mode, nor will I compromise for "accessibility options" like TLOU2 did. I dislike those who barge into others' hobbies then proceed to change everything around because they couldn't enjoy things how they were. Don't be that guy

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Auto attacking, auto clicking, auto fast travel, auto checkpoints are also QoL aren't they?
No, no, sometimes and yes. Though for the first two it feels like you could be talking about autofire, in which case that is QoL but I find it hard to believe you'd complain about not having to mash the buttons repeatedly, might be wrong though.

Where exactly are you supposed to find that sense of wonder if there is no exploration? I will not compromise for an easy mode, nor will I compromise for "accessibility options" like TLOU2 did. I dislike those who barge into others' hobbies then proceed to change everything around because they couldn't enjoy things how they were. Don't be that guy
Map that's blank and fills in sections as you explore.

I honestly don't care if there's a map or not, but it seems like a foolish line to draw in the sand.

" YOU SHALL NOT MAP "

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
I was more referring to auto battlers with the auto clicking. What's the point of the game if youre going to let it play itself?
Similarly for games where you pay to speed up your progress, why pay to play less? Both of those are 'quality of life' for people who dont actually want to take time and enjoy the game.
Also, I already mentioned this entire topic is dumb as Setaria wouldn't benefit from a map due to its linearity.

It is more a matter of principle rather than "<movie quote> MAP"
If the developer decides to develop a game a certain way, I am not going to complain about it, if I dislike it(Like recent NoR guro), I'll either not play it or mod it to my liking. If the developer added a map independently of pressure from his disabled fans, I'd be fine.
I do not want to see more situations like mofumofu's Kinokogari drama where the fans are entirely leading around the dev.
Principle.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
this entire topic is dumb
Don't get judgemental... No map was probably the best design choice, in this one case.
A simple map is clearly QoL, but after thinking twice:
- game is relatively short, but feels (and takes) longer without a map. Gives an excuse to farm too.
- bosses were too easy because of this extra time. I'd have enjoyed the bosses more with a map (or a perfect memory).
But I'd rather have the dev use the time he would spend on a map, having the fairies gangbang MC (when they're so many they get annoying). For example. Or, much better, have him work on this next project instead.

Letting devs do what they want (in contrast to whoring themselves out to their suscribers) is definitely the best working environment, this much can't be denied

neutral

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
if you're talking auto battlers it's kinda in the name isn't it? I don't understand the appeal of those. And pay to skip is for suckers and a horrible practice found almost exclusively in mobile and AAA games. I don't think anyone likes their inclusion, even most self respecting game journo's don't like it.

back to maps, if they fill out while you explore it's fine. it can even encourage exploration as it shows you doorways you haven't been in, and if you have an eye for secret hunting, you can go "hmmm this flat empty area on the map must be hiding something".

SoulLess Child

Reputation score
I would rather not have the option than be tempted to use it.
Besides, "Optional" maps tend to force the map in your face and say "GO HERE CUNT", which just ruins the fun.
was more thinking about stuff than can be enabled and disabled from the/an options menu.

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
How'd you get those secret enemies into the game?? Are there any others?
Mvq8Vlu9oh.gif
Just these two

Edit:
Ok I fixed the text. It should be readable.
Also you can zoom in/out using Y/U
Also, you can screw the statues again
Max # of Fairy Queens is 5, kind of overkill but I wanted to see if I could figure out a way to have more than 1.
The Sister enemy is not in because I felt just having idle movement would not be good enough. Plus the number of states and animations she has is too much to implement with how little time i have.
You might have to have a fresh save. (Make a backup just in case)

Last edited:

TheHellPenguin

Reputation score
Well hello there, can someone help me ? I'm currently stuck in the hanted mansion (?), got all the chest (or so it seems) from the room with the numerous doors and the rest of the map, but I still get no way to progress, can someone enlighten me ?

Ugahitta

Reputation score
View attachment 42087
Just these two

Edit:
Ok I fixed the text. It should be readable.
Also you can zoom in/out using Y/U
Also, you can screw the statues again
Max # of Fairy Queens is 5, kind of overkill but I wanted to see if I could figure out a way to have more than 1.
The Sister enemy is not in because I felt just having idle movement would not be good enough. Plus the number of states and animations she has is too much to implement with how little time i have.
You might have to have a fresh save. (Make a backup just in case)

the game opens with infinite number of fairies spawning behund me, how do i fix that ?

GranTurboAutismo

Reputation score
the game opens with infinite number of fairies spawning behund me, how do i fix that ?
I think that's because of old saves not having the variable which keep track of large fairy counts. You could try adding it, but it probably wont work. It's why I recommended a new save.

Ugahitta

Reputation score
I think that's because of old saves not having the variable which keep track of large fairy counts. You could try adding it, but it probably wont work. It's why I recommended a new save.
yeah i did that thanks xD, also, does the fairies helps me n fight ?

Reputation score
does the fairies helps me n fight ?
Refer to my post, if there is no new function added from the patch.
And there is one more function that I hadn't mentioned. They wash your log with their bullshit.
Although the great fairy also washes the log, it's nothing comparing to the gang of small fairies.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Old save with the fairy glitch fixed. New files have a "BigFairyCount" field that old files don't, so just added that to an old file and it worked perfectly.

Attachments

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Huh, well that new ci-en update is...particularly disturbing. Honestly forgot the designs the dev does is kinda...like that.