What's new

ACT [Vanja] Rise of the lord of tentacles

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Rise of the lord of tentacles (!!NO LINK TO THE GAME DOWNLOAD WILL EVER BE PROVID

So playing the demo, how exactly does one beat the first boss? Do you have to deal damage to it while it's pulled into the flower nub form or do you just need wait it out and deal sufficient damage to it outside those phases?

jacktheriper

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Rise of the lord of tentacles (!!NO LINK TO THE GAME DOWNLOAD WILL EVER BE PROVID

Yooooooooou know we could keep arguing or and this is just a big OR. We could my dear friends, we could let this thread shoot itself in the face and get dragged the the very back pages where it belongs. :rolleyes:

Also could someone be a gent and help jak an Eld ignoring them is rather mean :) I would but like toxic i hate vanja games. They make me want to put a gun to my head....my bottom head I mean.

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Current questions
By any chance can someone upload a save im missing 4 boss fight animations and beat the stages so I can't fight them a again
So playing the demo, how exactly does one beat the first boss? Do you have to deal damage to it while it's pulled into the flower nub form or do you just need wait it out and deal sufficient damage to it outside those phases?

helhansen84

Lurker
Reputation score

shes invulnerable, if you cant see her face. so you run away, when a tentacle pops out, get back, jump kick in her face and repeat. takes some time. but its definitely no challenge.

Last edited:

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As for the boss, I dont quite get it. Less it was something that just didn't happen, all I had to do was keep walking forward, jump kick, retreat, wait for a tentacle to try, repeat.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As for the boss, I dont quite get it. Less it was something that just didn't happen, all I had to do was keep walking forward, jump kick, retreat, wait for a tentacle to try, repeat.
It's just me not having patience, then. After it shielded itself for the third time I was just like "whatever, I'm probably missing something here, screw this"

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

When I said that, I mean I dont get what shielding is being mentioned. The only kind of shield I noticed was the small bit of invulnerability it had after being struck. Thing is I died 3 times (all on purpose but 1) and never saw it.

Eld

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

When I said that, I mean I dont get what shielding is being mentioned. The only kind of shield I noticed was the small bit of invulnerability it had after being struck. Thing is I died 3 times (all on purpose but 1) and never saw it.
Huh. Well, when the boss pulls up its petals, I can't seem to be able to attack it.

jakruler2077

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

every boss in the game has a weak point and the only way to win is to find it and hit it for the first boss you have to jump and shoot normally after the low tentacle I run in and jump getting about 2-3 shoots off before retreating from the high tentacle. If she goes in her flower she enters frenzy mode and just starts shooting tentacles but that good because that means your doing it right. she retreats about 2 or 3 times before you defeat her hope that helps

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Huh. Well, when the boss pulls up its petals, I can't seem to be able to attack it.
*giant facepalm* I am SO sorry, haha, for some reason I got this game completely confused with Splatter School. :eek: No wonder it didn't make sense....

Yeah, its just jump attack run and duck/jump, repeat.

redire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok has anyone ever beaten the game, I keep getting to the lords final form and cant seem to free myself from the grip no matter howmany times i hit z next to the heroin, I even timed it so I can pleasure her twice between the tentacle coming up, without losing a point of health. I just keep mashing Z but can never seem to free her as well as i enter this part of the match with full health.

jakruler2077

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

ok has anyone ever beaten the game, I keep getting to the lords final form and cant seem to free myself from the grip no matter howmany times i hit z next to the heroin, I even timed it so I can pleasure her twice between the tentacle coming up, without losing a point of health. I just keep mashing Z but can never seem to free her as well as i enter this part of the match with full health.
Your doing it right it just takes a good couple of minutes you have to get the bar all the way up and once or twice over and I dont think your health going into it has anything to do with it

Shadowgungc

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

don't mash z hold it

AxelTheCrimson

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ok i have to be honest about this why is everyone really asking for a link? I mean Vanja's games are for lack of a better more eloquent word pure shite. It's 2012 and the games play like they are early 2000's newgrounds games. There is so many other games abound that are out that are more worthy and easier to get then paying out the ass for some shitty game. Sorry for the rant and any grammar errors.

redire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Your doing it right it just takes a good couple of minutes you have to get the bar all the way up and once or twice over and I dont think your health going into it has anything to do with it
well i was watching my health bar drop when i was not pleasing her, not go into another area, but according to the guy under you i just hold z instead of mashing it so, I guess i got my answer :p

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Ok i have to be honest about this why is everyone really asking for a link? I mean Vanja's games are for lack of a better more eloquent word pure shite. It's 2012 and the games play like they are early 2000's newgrounds games. There is so many other games abound that are out that are more worthy and easier to get then paying out the ass for some shitty game. Sorry for the rant and any grammar errors.

The thing with hentai games is this.

Bob says it sucks.

You play it.

You think it rocks.

There's something about Vanja's art that is very cute and actually pretty nice and easy to enjoy.

Random Fact: While I was a member, I requested the Sorceress from Dragon's Crown picture you can find on her free site. She was very nice, answers her e-mails super quick, and I think the picture was cute as hell.

Her games do need work, but I see them getting better and better.

No matter how much I hear, "Yeah, this game sucks. Yeah, don't play this, it's crap." I am always curious because it may include something I completely like.

I'm not asking for a DL link, as a matter of fact Vanja's charging too much for access to her art. I liked the demo, seems like a frustrating, jittery game to play, but it's a hentai game nonetheless.

This is off topic, but I think Meet and Fucks "Christmas Pay Rise" is one of the best things to ever come out of that website. Many people probably hate it just because it's a Meet and Fuck game.

miachan

Lurker
Reputation score

I like Vanja's games because they're the only tentacley things without tentacles going out people's mouths or people having exploding stomachs..just..well, tentacles.

25 bucks is a lot for one game though..maybe i'll be able to get it someday. x_x Still want it so badly, grah.

Raxon66

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There's a lot of games on this forum that I'm not fond of, either, that some people seem to love. To each their own. But anyway, there hasn't really been much link-asking in this thread. After all, posting Vanja games downloads and requests is against the forum rules.

I like Vanja's games for several reasons, one being what MiaChan said, and the overall cuteness she adds to it.

She is also working on a free game: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=20801. I guess this one whill have some tentacle-goodness in it when something becomes playable, at least she's already finished one tentacle animation :)

Papanomics

Lurker
Reputation score

It's a smart tactic to offer a free game. While progress in it will likely be slow, you can occasionally check her site (or this thread) for updates and you may be surprised one day.

This may get her members, but I feel that her production is too slow for that hefty price.

That's just me.

If it was... maybe... five bucks a month... no problem at all. She probably can't live off that though.

Rayearth

Lurker
Reputation score

I guess the art is okay, but the gameplay bugs...

After defeating the final boss, I actually got into a state in which I could not go back and get animations that I've missed. More specifically, those from getting hit from a boss's attacks (you have to have been hit by the attack during the same life you defeat the boss in order for it to be saved in the gallery) and a combination of the first level skip bug and normal gameplay means that I had a decent number of missing animations. Since bosses don't appear when replaying a earlier level, you would have to start a completely new save to get them.

Granted, the game was easy enough that this wasn't too much of a hassle. Still, I don't think I've run into such an issue with the save system of an H-game (though at least this game has save/load and a gallery, unlike many of the creator's earlier ones).