What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

finale00

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I like the progress report and future discussion.

However I agree, the analysis of the impact of removing the login system is a bit odd, as if they had "given in" to criticism with some sort of promise from critics that there would be "more support" and now it's a "haha in your face critics where is all that big money you predicted?" and of course "all these cool new features that we had planned, now won't happen"

Money talks. If the login system is a major reason behind that extra $1300 in monthly patronage, and not having the login system resulted in a 300 increase and a 600 drop, just put it back in. It really doesn't matter if most people don't like it if they're still willing to give money.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I found the way the post was written to be condescending, entitled and overtly negative. They speak of "no reward" for a year's worth of work, when it seems to me like they were quiet for most of that year anyway, and drop offs are more common than uncommon, especially when it's monthly payments rather than per update or completed project. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it really feels like they're blaming their userbase and are being very passive aggressive towards them. Not a very good or professional way to act towards your customer.

I like that they're transparent and honest, but they really need to work on their tone and how to act professionally in a public environment, especially towards your patrons.

Not to mention that they apparently DID get an increase in revenue, it just fell off again, which it would have regardless anyway.

I hope they sort it out and can keep going, because the demo was enjoyable to me, and there is potential here for a good game.

thefred1234

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Oof. They kinda got a lil condescending with the whole login system rant. It felt to me like they were essentially saying "You did this! this is all your fault!". Yeah being transparent is nice, but at the same time one should try to come off a lil more polite/professional. It sucks they had a drop off this month, but honestly that seems to be the norm now with having a patreon. It would have been nice to see them touch on any optimization plans as well, because hot damn on an average PC this game can start chugging badly.

In the end though I do hope they keep going on this.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
* The door straight ahead from where you start, with the crimson zombie. The plate is in the same room you find the spade key, lying on the floor in the upper left corner when you enter the room, immediately to the left of the zombie with his back turned to you.
* Same area, behind the heart key door, on top of some furniture.
* Behind the diamond key door, in front of the bottom floor brute.
Man... wtf I can't find any key other than the heart one. Could this be a feature of the public release? Could I get some more details on these? Which direction should I be looking at? Which specific "red zombie"? The only one in that hallway (with the hat)?

I can't open any of the doors on the second floor, and I can't open the diamond door on the outside, obviously... I can't find any of these keys...

Last edited:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
You guys really didn't think the whole log-in issue was over did you? I mean the guy obviously wanted to keep it and was basically brow-beaten into removing it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it made it back into the project in some form or another at some point.

The actual problem at hand is that they ( like everyone else ) want to treat patreon as some form of employment. Which isn't realistic for this type of work.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I played this game a bit more, and I still stand by my questions on my previous post.

Additionally, this game desperately needs 2 things:
1) Save
2) Area where they can go in and out like a "Arena". Not just the first "Arena" area.

(Unless the public build doesn't have that but he backers build does.)

Edit: OK! it looks like I was getting the back hitbox issue. There's a door on the right side of the great hall. For me, it was NOT INTERACTABLE for 2 of my runs. My guess is that the hitbox for the door and the hitbox for interacting with character is a bit small on that door. Hence, no "F" option was there to interact with it... :/

Last edited:

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
VersusX on Patreon said:
Looks like the log-in system wasn’t that bad after all… but we got rid of it forever from the game and with it we lost support but not only that…
Yeah, we had planned some cool extra features for the log-in system that will be lost forever and ever, here are some examples:
On-line leaderboards for the different game stats.
Automatic updates with hotfixes, to make your life easier. (no need for download and installs patches manually)
And the biggest one: On-line Coop mode!
Pfft what!? Leaderboards? Automatic Updates? ONLINE COOP!? This guy is making shit up at this point. They're making a single player Resident Evil parody game, not Risk of Rain 3. Trying to justify your shitty login system because of your piracy paranoia by lying is stupid.

I still have high hopes for this game, but if VersusX is going to go down the Eromancer road then I'm not getting my hopes up.

ryproar

Reputation score
Yeah after I saw that his "flawless server" crashed when to many people logged in (no lie he even said it himself) I voted to get rid of the system all together. It seems the login system was nothing more than a way to paywall certain unlockables which would have worked but the two factor authentication bit him in the ass. The logins had to be verified, sent to their side, verified AGAIN, then the game would work. That caused lag spikes, crashes, and numerous angry and fearful patrons. I even went as far as to show them that our login info could be seen if someone was digging hard enough. (f95 had someone prove that point as well.)
BUT him claiming all of this "extra stuff" then blaming his patrons for it... well I guess it is easier to pass the blame. However it is easier for your customers to find better horizons as well.
It is simple business ethics.
Happy customer = profit
Unhappy customer = lost profit.
His patreon page kinda reflected that very openly.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
I still have high hopes for this game, but if VersusX is going to go down the Eromancer road then I'm not getting my hopes up.
If he was going the Eromancer route, he would have ignored the complaints and kept the login/DRM system. :ROFLMAO: (and been dismissive of all other feedback, for that matter)

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
If he was going the Eromancer route, he would have ignored the complaints and kept the login/DRM system. :ROFLMAO: (and been dismissive of all other feedback, for that matter)
Well if I remember correctly, wasn't Eromancer pretty active on this forum at one point? I remember him consistently posting to the MatM thread before he had his shutdown.

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well if I remember correctly, wasn't Eromancer pretty active on this forum at one point? I remember him consistently posting to the MatM thread before he had his shutdown.
Yeah, earlier on, he was more active. And he was always civil, but when it came to criticism (whether constructive or not), he was either dismissive or would flat out ignore it.
But enough about him, talking about that project could derail the thread. :p
(feel free to PM here or ping me on discord though, if you want to discuss further for some reason)

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
awesome
would love to play it
but runs like dogshit on my modest laptop who barely ran the previous build

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score
110 shots, most to the head to the big fat man.... make him killable....

good game, needs few tweaks and polishes to be very good

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
110 shots, most to the head to the big fat man.... make him killable....

good game, needs few tweaks and polishes to be very good
Well the important question is:
"Does he drop anything?"

Sblade

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don´t know xd, another thing is the camera on sex scenes it has a zoom out limit, I would like more freedom in that matter

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score
Does this game have any lesbian and animal infected yet?

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
No lesbo stuff, but it does have cerberus enemies (dogs), but either their rape attacks didn't/doesn't work or it's just ridiculously rare for them to do it.
Currently the cerberus' animations are bugged. According to the dev's post it's because they reused the rig or something the zombs have for the dogs and it causes issues. I'm not really sure I understood; might wanna check the post yourself.

Hopefully it gets fixed soon, I'll sub for a bit to see dat.

Edit: Decided to just look it up myself. Here's a quote from the post.

"Then before making the other half of the system mentioned before, I decided to take a look and try to find the cause for the Cerberus’ bug and as I suspected, it’s not something simple to fix. I tried reusing the code for the average Infected on him, but looks like biped and quadruped can’t work with the same base. So probably, to fix this problem and avoid future ones, I’ll make a totally new and independent base template for quadruped enemies."

So I guess the coding isn't compatible? Not really sure why, but hey.

Ilverin

Reputation score
Some news on the next version:

Sup everyone,
A new report is here.
This will, definitely, be the shortest report I’ve ever made (I think) …

The next Bioasshard Arena release is done. I’m making my best to test it as much as possible, but you know the problems . Anyway, you can expect release dates soon =3
That’s it.

See ya in the next report.

War1926

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Some news on the next version:

Sup everyone,
A new report is here.
This will, definitely, be the shortest report I’ve ever made (I think) …

The next Bioasshard Arena release is done. I’m making my best to test it as much as possible, but you know the problems . Anyway, you can expect release dates soon =3
That’s it.

See ya in the next report.
what minimun requirements do i need to run this game?