What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well people,
the time has come. Here's the public release of version 0.1.18 of the Arena. :giggle:
You can read here about it and get the link to it:

The main post was also a bit updated with some of the new features, some of the known bugs, etc and also added the links to the trailer (to watch and to download it)
And of course the link for the new version.

Hope you enjoy it,
and if you like, remember you can support the project on Patreon (and also, of course, spreading the word so everyone can know about this project)

ryuhatsune

Lurker
Reputation score
The game is great, but as high requirements my computer almost did not go to him, takes half an hour to enter the game, and gives error when I climb the stairs to finish the first phase. T.T
P.D: I am sorry for my bad english

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@ryuhatsune you should try to edit the available GPU memory in the gameplay settings (set it to 1) and try again.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Are the dogs still bugged? They do nothing but jump at me to make me fall over. The game runs well, but hit detection and reaction feels a bit wonky, and I've noticed the lighting bugging out pretty hard at times, such as when a sex scene occurs near a lamp it looks like the zombies and Julia are made up of smoldering embers, or sometimes when you escape it has this weird filter giving everything close to you a black outline while everything at a distance becomes black and white.

Also, did the zombies run in the original demo you posted here? Because man, that took me completely by surprise when a couple of them ran up to me at a speed that would make Usain Bolt quit his job out of shame!

Quick edit: Might I also suggest allowing for navigating the menus with the mouse? Moving around in the menus with WASD and confirming/backing with enter and backspace is pretty awkward, especially when you need to enter your inventory to heal in a stressful situation. Good job otherwise though! It's a pretty fun game so far!

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Damn that was a lot of content. Well worth waiting for. Also definitely appreciate y'all pushing out the public release to us much earlier than anticipated.
Thoughts:
Pros:

• I actually really liked the zombies sprinting (like, they didn't just run but they raced towards me ..and then sorta just stood there for a bit). Also took me by surprise, and I dunno if it's "realistic", but it was much more exciting than just waiting for the zombies to lumber towards me.
  • Graphics were excellent, obviously. It's something that you seemed to put the most work into, and it shows. The variations of settings and things like water or weather were nice pluses.
  • There's aesthetic variation in the zombies, which is cool. Wondering if the different zombies have different attributes (e.g. the helmeted ones are more resistant to headshots, or the less clothed ones are faster).
  • I just find it funny that none of the zombies have pants.
  • Sex scenes look fine in terms of graphics and variety vs different enemies. I like the progressive clothing damage system and inflation mechanics. Fingers crossed for pregnancy.
    • Personally, I like more boob jiggle a la DOA, but I know that's mostly just preference to each person.
    • Also, any thoughts on voiced cutscenes or sex cutscenes, e.g. GOR? With a project this big, I could see this being a nice bonus for players.
  • Sound was excellent. I think most gamers use sound cues though, and it's a little frustrating that the random glass breaking or zombie moan is just there for ambiance rather than to signal something.

Cons/suggestions:
  • I think the gameplay's sorta iffy, TBH. Controls are fine for me, but the biggest problem I see is that a lot of the items are bugged. For example, there are a bunch of items that SHOULD be able to be picked up but they cannot be interacted with - most of them are healing items, frustratingly. Even more annoying are actual game-breaking moments where game-progression consoles or doors SHOULD be able to be interacted with, but can't. I've been stopped at the beginning because the door to install the plates didn't respond at all, as well as the one in the mansion, and had to restart. This has the consequence of me not knowing if an item such as a first aid spray or a herb is just there as a random world decoration or an actual item. A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶b̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶. EDIT: realized the blue herbs are used after Jill/Julia gets raped; no idea what infection is but I'm assuming it's to stop the cum inflation.
  • Camera's iffy during sex scenes. Sometimes, I'd get stuck watching the inside of a zombie fuck Jill (Julia). I appreciate being able to move the camera's sight, but since it's fixed to a position, if it's stuck inside an object or zombie, it's impossible to see anything. Personally, I'd say it's ... marginally better than the Fallout 3 sexout mods a decade or so ago.
  • As with the previous proof-of-concept demo, I found that the beginning horde scene was ... well, boring. It's too difficult to aim and shoot anything, let alone reload or heal, since everything's running at you from all directions. Therefore, the MUCH MUCH easier thing to do is just run around in circles since the horde just follows you, and you get both extra time to run (as the horde needs to climb/fall over the barriers) and temporary invincibility from leaping over the barriers.
  • The woods area is IMO a bit too large. It's easy to get lost without some sort of indicator to where you're supposed to go. Even some sort of doodad, like a sign or a post, might be helpful.
  • The knife is useless. I thought it'd be used to break open boxes or something, but I guess it's just supposed to be for fighting off zombies when you don't have ammo. Problem is that I NEVER run out of ammo (even wasting 80+ bullets on the fat guys before I realized they're invincible), and that the knife does so little damage, you're better off just running away from enemies rather than fighting with the knife.
  • Still can't get the dogs to bang Julia...
  • I'm excited for story-building and what's to come. Since RE itself has a huge storyline and lots of characters/enemies, there's so much more for y'all to explore in terms of adding. :D
[\spoiler]

More comments to come. Still searching for the final plate in the mansion, haha.
Otherwise, have a good vacation. Y'all earned it. I'm hoping this gets finished eventually and doesn't end up abandoned.

Last edited:

thefred1234

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
you certainly got something going here!

Just my own take, but I think the game stands to use some optimization. I have a decentish computer which can run most game on high, but this one was having some real issues playing. Restarting the level took a minute or two, and sometimes it started chugging real bad.

Other than that, the only thing I found to be off is the menus and inventory can be a lil wonky to use. Otherwise, Im interest to see where this goes.

ryuhatsune

Lurker
Reputation score
@ryuhatsune you should try to edit the available GPU memory in the gameplay settings (set it to 1) and try again.
The same thing happened, it takes about half an hour to load the game and it leaves (fatal error) when climbing the stairs and waiting like 20 minutes to finish the mission, I think that the game simply looks too good for my computer, but thanks for responding.
P.D: I am sorry for my bad english

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
@Emerald_Gladiator if you haven't found the last plate yet, here are all of the locations:
* The door straight ahead from where you start, with the crimson zombie. The plate is in the same room you find the spade key, lying on the floor in the upper left corner when you enter the room, immediately to the left of the zombie with his back turned to you.
* Same area, behind the heart key door, on top of some furniture.
* Behind the diamond key door, in front of the bottom floor brute.
* Upstairs where the second giant is. It's underneath one of the dressers that you can push. The one closest to the bookshelf with the hidden door where you find the diamond key

I must say that I really like the sound design in this game. It's really atmospheric and well done. My only gripe with it is that the SFX of glass shattering plays too often to be an effective distraction, especially with it never having any payoff, such as the iconic corridor where the dogs jump through the windows in the original Resident Evil.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Thanks, found the last one (ironically, it was the first).

I already echoed your gripe in my previous post ... I'd probably add the fact that there's no checkpoints as another one, but I guess the game's in an early enough stage to excuse that.
Just sorta sucks because that horde fight is easily the longest/most frustrating part of the game for me, haha, and happens so early on that I don't wanna have to go through it to see everything (yeah, I know that if you die, you continue your progression at a respawn, but I'm talking about game completion and then continuing or choosing where you'd spawn).

Last edited:

FoolClone

Reputation score
As far as "proof of concept" goes, the point has been made. So if you were intending to go full force with Arena and then move forward into something more complex, I would suggest:

A. Enjoy your vacation, it matters in recollecting thoughts and gathering perspective. Lengthen it if you feel the need.
B. Significantly cut down on your goals, e.g., save other playable characters for after full-release, consider not making an item shop, do not create a map, etc. Furthermore I believe you should start from the " little " things like transitions or added foes in order to create momentum in the workflow.
C. There's many preferences in many of these comments, filter those from legit criticism and playtest reports.
D. Do not add content into arena: polish and finalize it, then move on. If arena gets too big there would be less of a point in making a new game with a plot and more features in it because the difference between the two wouldn't be significant enough to justify the work.

I won't comment on what I think is good about the latest release- You put it there, you know all of what is good about it. I hope that you never give up on this, for as long as it may take to actualize.

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Damn that was a lot of content. Well worth waiting for. Also definitely appreciate y'all pushing out the public release to us much earlier than anticipated.
Thoughts:
Pros:

• I actually really liked the zombies sprinting (like, they didn't just run but they raced towards me ..and then sorta just stood there for a bit). Also took me by surprise, and I dunno if it's "realistic", but it was much more exciting than just waiting for the zombies to lumber towards me.
  • Graphics were excellent, obviously. It's something that you seemed to put the most work into, and it shows. The variations of settings and things like water or weather were nice pluses.
  • There's aesthetic variation in the zombies, which is cool. Wondering if the different zombies have different attributes (e.g. the helmeted ones are more resistant to headshots, or the less clothed ones are faster).
  • I just find it funny that none of the zombies have pants.
  • Sex scenes look fine in terms of graphics and variety vs different enemies. I like the progressive clothing damage system and inflation mechanics. Fingers crossed for pregnancy.
    • Personally, I like more boob jiggle a la DOA, but I know that's mostly just preference to each person.
    • Also, any thoughts on voiced cutscenes or sex cutscenes, e.g. GOR? With a project this big, I could see this being a nice bonus for players.
  • Sound was excellent. I think most gamers use sound cues though, and it's a little frustrating that the random glass breaking or zombie moan is just there for ambiance rather than to signal something.

Cons/suggestions:
  • I think the gameplay's sorta iffy, TBH. Controls are fine for me, but the biggest problem I see is that a lot of the items are bugged. For example, there are a bunch of items that SHOULD be able to be picked up but they cannot be interacted with - most of them are healing items, frustratingly. Even more annoying are actual game-breaking moments where game-progression consoles or doors SHOULD be able to be interacted with, but can't. I've been stopped at the beginning because the door to install the plates didn't respond at all, as well as the one in the mansion, and had to restart. This has the consequence of me not knowing if an item such as a first aid spray or a herb is just there as a random world decoration or an actual item. A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶d̶u̶n̶n̶o̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶l̶u̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶b̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶,̶ ̶d̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶m̶p̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶. EDIT: realized the blue herbs are used after Jill/Julia gets raped; no idea what infection is but I'm assuming it's to stop the cum inflation.
  • Camera's iffy during sex scenes. Sometimes, I'd get stuck watching the inside of a zombie fuck Jill (Julia). I appreciate being able to move the camera's sight, but since it's fixed to a position, if it's stuck inside an object or zombie, it's impossible to see anything. Personally, I'd say it's ... marginally better than the Fallout 3 sexout mods a decade or so ago.
  • As with the previous proof-of-concept demo, I found that the beginning horde scene was ... well, boring. It's too difficult to aim and shoot anything, let alone reload or heal, since everything's running at you from all directions. Therefore, the MUCH MUCH easier thing to do is just run around in circles since the horde just follows you, and you get both extra time to run (as the horde needs to climb/fall over the barriers) and temporary invincibility from leaping over the barriers.
  • The woods area is IMO a bit too large. It's easy to get lost without some sort of indicator to where you're supposed to go. Even some sort of doodad, like a sign or a post, might be helpful.
  • The knife is useless. I thought it'd be used to break open boxes or something, but I guess it's just supposed to be for fighting off zombies when you don't have ammo. Problem is that I NEVER run out of ammo (even wasting 80+ bullets on the fat guys before I realized they're invincible), and that the knife does so little damage, you're better off just running away from enemies rather than fighting with the knife.
  • Still can't get the dogs to bang Julia...
  • I'm excited for story-building and what's to come. Since RE itself has a huge storyline and lots of characters/enemies, there's so much more for y'all to explore in terms of adding. :D
[\spoiler]

More comments to come. Still searching for the final plate in the mansion, haha.
Otherwise, have a good vacation. Y'all earned it. I'm hoping this gets finished eventually and doesn't end up abandoned.
So, this kinda became a review and response in one, so take what you will from this really.
As far as I know, most of the item/object interaction can have issues due to the way the game registers that you are actually looking at it, you have to generally aim the camera and the character herself in a particular way for it to work sometimes. If on the other hand you are simply running into issues where these objects can't be used at all, even with some camera/player movement, then not sure what to say there really, the only bugs I've run into myself so far that are game breaking is that if you begin sprinting too quickly after aiming and using the reload animation, you'll be caught in a permanent looping animation of Julia reloading her gun, only has happened to me twice but was super frustrating when it did since it means your stuck walking for the duration of it, and I'm not sure if getting hit or other things that would force an animation would fix it, though I imagine they would. Aside from that, just the occasional fatal error that causes the game to crash, but that has happened once so far. Will say though, I definitely do hope the camera or item pick up issue gets solved, maybe broaden the "field of vision" Julia has so she can more easily interact with objects and items.

Infection itself actually seems pretty neat as a mechanic overall, it basically makes your vision more disoriented the more you are exposed to infection, whether thats all in one go or just repeated exposure, and well, the obvious effects of inflation slowing you down the more she has stored up inside her. Its possible to get the former effects though before the ladder if you just let a single zombie go to town, which actually doesn't really have any negative effects outside of making vision more blurry and your player character run slower, kinda neat overall really and could lead to some interesting mechanics/scenarios in the narrative and gameplay wise, having herself a MUCH easier time by trading her dignity for a better chance at survival. Lots of possibilities there in the end honestly,and could lead to possible virgin/corrupted runs of sorts, though not sure if it'd be something worth focusing on since the unlock system and speedrun/kill all enemies element of the game will already be a strong reason to actually play well versus just letting her get fucked by anything and everything.

Also have to say, visually the game is pretty great, and love the choice to add a bit of character customization in costumes, and even beyond with accessories and hair! Honestly not sure why this isn't something the actual series itself has ever delved into, though generally having varied costumes has always been handled well so never been something I really thought of till now honestly. Gameplay could probably use some more polish in certain areas so its more attractive to more people, like the option to use the mouse to swap items in the menu, even if I find it pretty fine to use the shortcuts/combine options on the fly, its a small detail but I do really enjoy the ability to combine ammo in the menu with your gun, skipping the reload animation and sometimes helping you avoid a hit in a tense situation. Gunplay can be a bit awkward at first, but once you get a handle on things it becomes pretty satisfying, and even sort of implements a damage buff when standing still and taking your time between shots similar to the Remake as far as I can tell, honestly between that and the big bois I'm certain I can say this has now been inspired a bit bit by the recent Remake, which is a good thing really, blending action and horror, and well in this case lewdness too. Mostly just needs some polish and I think the gameplay itself will be relatively fine as a base, melee moves or not, the idea enemies defend their head as well, but can have their arms broken by well placed shots is pretty neat, could be something to include to the legs as well if you choose to go with this rather then really going for reactionary shots/melee moves as the system for that also seems to be in place as well. So far a really good job replicating a RE5 style vibe, though definitely a bit more creepy and all around a tad more difficult just due to how hard enemies can hit when you have no clothing/less clothing, and in general how quick the enemies can be, almost to super human seeming levels when you're running from them and they give chase.

Biggest cons I can think of currently is the obvious lack of a save, or well, checkpoint/chapter select. In this case at least it only REALLY hurts due to the fact that like others, I find the start to be a bit of a slog to get through, even if I do like the idea of it still quite a bit honestly, it can wear down on ya a bit in repeated playthroughs. Not saying it should be something you should get rid of in the slightest, and even once you are finished with "Arena" and move onto the main game, something similar with a bit more space and dimensions to it could be pretty great all around, that or a situation where you are pitted against a relatively powerful, not indestructible but incredibly hard to kill enemy in a relatively restrained area could be pretty interesting really. Next really would just be the outside zone, as its by far my least favorite just due to how easy it feels to get lost within it, and without knowing that you have to interact with the gate to spawn the enemy who holds the key, you could wind up killing most if not all the enemies in the area and still be stuck out there. Wouldn't be nearly as bad as long as their was some indicator on where to go, or if perhaps you could even see the manor in the distance or something akin to that, but the open ended nature of it (at least seemingly) and lack of real direction kind of makes it difficult to really map out a path through their from time to time, especially on the first few times through the game. Both of these really wouldn't be an issue though if I didn't find the manor itself to be the most interesting area yet, the ambiance in it and even what seems to be the theme to a save room on the eastern hall is all pretty great, and the only thing holding the manor segment back I feel is the navmeshing bug mentioned on the changelog, allowing only certain enemies to move at certain times, its the same issue for the outside zone really as well and hope it something you can manage to work past as I can imagine both would be far more tense and difficult if I couldn't just turn a corner and shoot an enemy without it being able to really defend itself. The hall ways are kind of a mixed thing for me in the manor itself though as they seem almost too narrow, but in a way that does help to recreate a more isolated feel, and definitely a claustrophobic one, so good on that, would be even better if an enemy were to occasionally be placed in one of the rooms or if some could follow you through the doors, though having said that I haven't really given the basic enemy type a chance to do so so they MIGHT be capable of doing just that for all I know.

All around, I think you guys are kind of on the right path to something pretty great here honestly, its definitely hitting those itches I've had for so long to have a proper RE H-game in the past, something that's been left longing for awhile ever since Resident Evil Progeny kinda fell off the face of the earth, though this definitely goes well beyond what I expected to ever get considering its 3D and actually looks pretty well made, and has the potential to play extremely well too. All in all, hope the break is easy on you and that you continue to strive forward in improving and further developing the game!

I can definitely agree though with a sentiment I read earlier, aside from maybe one male character since it was mentioned/promised before hand, I'd say only focus on Julia and maybe one other character for the games release, and then potentially work on adding others as additional paid, or free content down the line, perhaps even just as unlockable characters in the form of base models to use alongside all the other unlocks found in the game right now. Could make for some great additional content on top of the unlockables already there, and I'd be all up for a mercenaries/raid style mode to be added down the line as well at some point, either as additional paid/free content or just as an unlockable if you get the time. Could just rework existing maps into it too like the actual series itself. Definitely looking forward to possibly seeing a lab area, and maybe even having that Manor expanded upon a bit itself!

Moondough

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
This might come as a stupid question..

But how do you get stunned, and how does the dog work? Feel like i've been trying to max out the red ring and getting smacked around quite a lot. And i never get "stunned"

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score

But how do you get stunned, and how does the dog work? Feel like i've been trying to max out the red ring and getting smacked around quite a lot. And i never get "stunned"
As far as I can tell the stun mechanic has been removed completely. H-attacks are telegraphed by zombies lunging in a straight line with their arms outstretched, resulting in a QTE to escape being grabbed (they start lunging after Julia's clothes are nearly or completely destroyed).
Haven't figured out the dogs yet either, if there even is any H content implemented for them yet.

ryproar

Reputation score

The dogs are bugged so they do not work at all at the moment. That and a few regular animations are a bit wonky too so they may or not play right. It has been reported and they said it will be fixed later on. Sad really because it seems that a lot of people were looking forward to the dogs and the missionary scenes but they are bugged. He rushed it out to let his patrons get access but, it caused him to miss these bugs.

FallenAngelMen

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
How much extra in-game content does a hound/fox user get? like is the teleport room I saw in the patch notes only for those versions?

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Hey everyone,
if you look at our patreon, you probably know by now that we're back from our vacations.
Also thank you everyone for your feedback!
And special thanks for those two big reviews :giggle:

mayaktheunholy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
A public dev report/update was posted a couple of days ago, in case anyone here missed it:

Haro

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i'm hoping that the Male playable character with female infected winds up happening. Its something I've been waiting for more info on.

SethK

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Not a fan of how they're acting like removing the log in system hurt them.
The people who bought into the first release right away were not initially told about the log in system, right?

And the drop off was caused by the fact lots of people sub to these games to grab a copy then don't resub right away. Would having the log in system keep these people around?
Know it wouldnt keep me. As soon as I heard about the log in system I dropped my plans to sub for a month cause Im not willing to pay for early access DRM.