What's new

ACT Patreon Active [VersusX] Bioasshard

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Okay, now that I've finished what content there is, this will more or less be a general review of the game, so far. I'd say its definitely going in the right direction overall, though there are also some frustrations that could be fixed here and there, as well as some obvious polishing that needs to be done.

For one, some of the pro's of this build, at least for me outside of the stage three bug that was in the initial version, I haven't experienced any crashes, whereas in the previous one mission 2 was absolutely unplayable due to it crashing ALL too often.

The new gameplay additions in the form of the dodge and RE4-6 melee system are both pretty fun when they work. I feel like the aoe melee attack that you do outside of a prompt could definitely use a slight buff or maybe some tweaking, as currently it takes up a whole hell of a lot of stamina, and doesn't really seem to do much damage unless you get the cartwheel kick, which can only somtimes lead to a insant ko with the knee drop to follow it up. Of course, there are times where the dodge prompt simply won't show up despite enemies attacking you/near you, and I'm uncertain as to whether thats a bug or intentional, but either way its worth mentioning, same with melee attacks sometimes missing when you hit the prompt after shooting their head/knee/arm.

The model itself does look better than what I remember of the last version for sure, and overall I'd say I like it, though it could definitely use some work overtime if you want to put more into it. I'd personally be just fine if it stays mostly as it is right now, though won't deny, the way the ass jiggle physics work when you are running in this game seems to be dialed up to 11. It just looks too jiggly and waaaay unnatural overall.

As for my biggest gripes right now... its 100% everything to do with finding key items as well as interacting with certain objects. The manhole in particular is a god damn nightmare, spent around 5 minutes circling it just trying to hit the right angle before FINALLY managing to interact with and enter it. I also think that key items, particularly ones that are placed in generally out of sight or less traveled places should have some sort of glint/glow to them, as well as the interactable item they are meant to be used with. The sewer in mission two was painful for me, would have never found the one on the roof in particular without some online guidance, and the fuses in the mines can be pretty difficult to pick out at times. The game is also just WAAAAY too dark in some areas, a brightness setting, or maybe even just a toggle-able flashlight attached to your outfit could solve this pretty well though. Oh, and of course, a save function, or restart at checkpoint function would be an absolute blessing if you can manage to include it sooner than later. Nothing more annoying than losing near an hour of progress due to a crash(thankfully, none of which happened for me this time around), power outage, or just not having the full time to commit to finish a level due to some of these more frustrating moments of just mindlessly searching for items.

Still, all in all, definitely like where this is headed for the most part, and I can understand a lot of this is still just being tested/alpha, but some more quality of life features being implemented in the next version would go a LONG way to smoothing out a lot of the pain with this game, and maybe even just finding someone to do some bug testing before an initial release just to find some of those more quickly tested/discovered bugs, like the third mission crashing at the end, and managing to get stuck in corners forcing a restart and such... also the infinite reload bug which is absolutely crushing if you don't manage to find an enemy to slap you out of it. Still, if the developer does read this, keep up the good work anyways, this is by and far still the closest/best RE sex parody that has yet to be developed, and is something I'd love to see fully realized. If there is any long term suggestion I can give as well... try to focus on just one character/campaign for now, and make a more or less full game for them before moving onto anything else. Can't count how many times I've seen interesting indies, or even triple AAA games enter development hell and wind up half baked or unfinished due to this very problem

Uxot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What the F...Whoever designed Mission 4 never intended to play it...took me 1h16mins to complete it...It's way too big and way too much running (Running Simulator 2020?)

It was no fun at all..i hate it and i'll never play it again omg..andddd unlocked nothing.

Really liked Mission 3 tho,felt new,detailed and ambiance was nice.

EDIT:I can't do anything in "character look" when im in it if i press Enter or Esc/Back it goes back...

Last edited:

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What the F...Whoever designed Mission 4 never intended to play it...took me 1h16mins to complete it...It's way too big and way too much running (Running Simulator 2020?)

It was no fun at all..i hate it and i'll never play it again omg..andddd unlocked nothing.

Really liked Mission 3 tho,felt new,detailed and ambiance was nice.

EDIT:I can't do anything in "character look" when im in it if i press Enter or Esc/Back it goes back...
You have to be a patron to actually use the customization features I believe, unlocked via a card code.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I got a weird glitch where I got stuck on the jump-down animation on Mission 4's ladder. My guess is that the character model got caught on the ladder when I pressed "F" to jump down.

Also, does anyone know what to do to finish mission 4?

I finished the fuses and I pulled the lever. After that, I ran back around most of the areas, but there appears to be nothing new to activate...

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
I got a weird glitch where I got stuck on the jump-down animation on Mission 4's ladder. My guess is that the character model got caught on the ladder when I pressed "F" to jump down.

Also, does anyone know what to do to finish mission 4?

I finished the fuses and I pulled the lever. After that, I ran back around most of the areas, but there appears to be nothing new to activate...
I don't even remember there being a ladder in mission 4. What you need to do is connect those 3 green light beams to the end game crystal next to the sewing machine.
On my version of the game the obstacles blocking the light beam were invisible until I shot them. What I suggest you do is find where the beams end and start shooting to reveal whatever is blocking it.

OP
VersusX

VersusX

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
@hhh7773
Thanks for your review. I'm glad we finally left that fatal error thing behind (such error not even Epic seem to be confident in fixing lol).
The dodge mechanic is intended to work that way, meaning not always is going to show. As for the cqc yeah, them not showing or attacking in a wrong place is not intentional but bugs that need to be fixed. This, I think, is the release we did with more bugs so far... but this is because I couldn't test almost anything because of the constant freezing&restart on my PC. Hopefully this won't happen again.

@Uxot
Everything is explained in the blog post with the download link. There you can know what you need to unlock everything. Unlockables being a Patron thing was only up to version 0.2.105. With this new release everyone can unlock everything.

@duck666
Thanks for reporting that bug, I'll take a look at it (it's probably cause for what you said, since the ladder in that area has a bit of inclination and that may cause that. It's better to jump down not close to the ladder for now)
As for what you have to do, you need to connect 3 light beams to the center big crystal. Most of the beams are blocked by destructible objects.

@ChupacabraGonzales
Yeah, you have to go down that ladder to the end of that road to get one of the fuses.
Also that's weird, those objects shouldn't be invisible. I can see them on my end 😟 That's really strange. Thanks for reporting this, I'll try to take a look.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
@hhh7773
Thanks for your review. I'm glad we finally left that fatal error thing behind (such error not even Epic seem to be confident in fixing lol).
The dodge mechanic is intended to work that way, meaning not always is going to show. As for the cqc yeah, them not showing or attacking in a wrong place is not intentional but bugs that need to be fixed. This, I think, is the release we did with more bugs so far... but this is because I couldn't test almost anything because of the constant freezing&restart on my PC. Hopefully this won't happen again.

@Uxot
Everything is explained in the blog post with the download link. There you can know what you need to unlock everything. Unlockables being a Patron thing was only up to version 0.2.105. With this new release everyone can unlock everything.

@duck666
Thanks for reporting that bug, I'll take a look at it (it's probably cause for what you said, since the ladder in that area has a bit of inclination and that may cause that. It's better to jump down not close to the ladder for now)
As for what you have to do, you need to connect 3 light beams to the center big crystal. Most of the beams are blocked by destructible objects.

@ChupacabraGonzales
Yeah, you have to go down that ladder to the end of that road to get one of the fuses.
Also that's weird, those objects shouldn't be invisible. I can see them on my end 😟 That's really strange. Thanks for reporting this, I'll try to take a look.
I think I accidentally closed the browser when download was at 99.8% and that's what's causing missing textures for me.

Also could you please confirm how to unlock R3make hair? I've seen someone claim that you need to finish mission 3 in under 5'30", but multiple people have reported that is not working.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I think I accidentally closed the browser when download was at 99.8% and that's what's causing missing textures for me.

Also could you please confirm how to unlock R3make hair? I've seen someone claim that you need to finish mission 3 in under 5'30", but multiple people have reported that is not working.
Standard build does not have it. you need to have a patreon contributor's build.

It's invisible until I shoot it as well. If I were to guess, it might have something to do with graphics settings. I can try again later today with everything on "ultra" instead of "High".

Additional notes on animation:
1. When playing on *below* ultra graphics settings, during the blowjob animation, the zombie's penis are often cutting through you character's cheeks.
2. It looks like there's supposed to be a bit of "wet" effect when you character is having sex. The wet animation looks like what happens when someone repeatedly punching their fist into a pool: *splash*. IMO, some wet and dripping effects coming from the vagina, as well as wetting the half of the penis (color effects, maybe?) that goes in, would look better.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Ok, I made a mistake that was preventing anyone from completing Mission 3. So please, download it again to fix this.

@Uxot Settings should be saving, because it's just a "copy&paste" from the menu in the title screen :S I'll have to take a look at it. Thank you for letting me know. As for the lag, hmm it's hard to help, since it probably depends a lot on specs. I've noticed none on my tests and we've tried to optimize the most specially in texture sizes. For now all I can suggest is to try and lower the overall graphics quality or the drawing distance and/or foliage quality. Also nothing changed with the interaction in Mission 2, so there's no problem with the manhole.
Whether or not you've changed anything with it, there's a problem with it. It took me 10 minutes of fiddling around with my character position to interact with it (the manhole), and clearly reading through other posts, I'm not the only one.

Some feedback.

-Having unlockables in game is good, gives it some replayability in the same way actual RE games have (at least the remakes). THey're short but you can replay them to get better times and unlock outfits, etc.

-The sex animations are all awesome. I wish they were less consensual though. I mean the struggle mechanic is more of a choice than a struggle, with the exception of the fatties. I won't bother suggesting a better struggle mechanic, maybe just a menu option to turn off the option to A-D escape, the consequences of the sex attacks aren't that bad, just keep the finish option, F key or whatever it is, so you don't have to watch it forever.

-Gameplay is good, feels very RE, the fatties are scary when they start running (that's a good thing). The new CQC feels like it invalidates the knife, not that the knife was very useful to begin with, I prefer the new CQC. Except for a couple of moves which have such a long delay that they're more likely to get you hit than to buy you time. I like the dodge too.

-Level design is pretty good. But I've always felt that pixel hunts make for terrible game design. I mean the plate on the ceiling in the sewers of mission two, or the zombie in mission 3 that you have to snipe from the roof. Going forward I hope there's less pixel hunts.

That's all that comes to mind for now. Keep up the good work.

Allsop2604

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Newest version won't launch for me. All I get is a "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine." error message. Previous versions worked fine for me. I tried updating my graphics card drivers and DirectX with no luck. Anyone else having any trouble? I'm curious what would change between different versions.

Emerald_Gladiator

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Whether or not you've changed anything with it, there's a problem with it. It took me 10 minutes of fiddling around with my character position to interact with it (the manhole), and clearly reading through other posts, I'm not the only one.

Some feedback.

-Having unlockables in game is good, gives it some replayability in the same way actual RE games have (at least the remakes). THey're short but you can replay them to get better times and unlock outfits, etc.

-The sex animations are all awesome. I wish they were less consensual though. I mean the struggle mechanic is more of a choice than a struggle, with the exception of the fatties. I won't bother suggesting a better struggle mechanic, maybe just a menu option to turn off the option to A-D escape, the consequences of the sex attacks aren't that bad, just keep the finish option, F key or whatever it is, so you don't have to watch it forever.

-Gameplay is good, feels very RE, the fatties are scary when they start running (that's a good thing). The new CQC feels like it invalidates the knife, not that the knife was very useful to begin with, I prefer the new CQC. Except for a couple of moves which have such a long delay that they're more likely to get you hit than to buy you time. I like the dodge too.

-Level design is pretty good. But I've always felt that pixel hunts make for terrible game design. I mean the plate on the ceiling in the sewers of mission two, or the zombie in mission 3 that you have to snipe from the roof. Going forward I hope there's less pixel hunts.

Yeah, the F95Zone community isn't as positive (but is a bit more vocal) about some stuff. I already gave my review here and over there a few times, but I wanna just echo/reply to yours, perhaps so it has more weight to the devs.

I'd agree on the unlockables; I think having some in-game unlockables (hidden around the maps) might be a fun idea, given the forest area is so boring and confusing that I forced myself to memorize the path to the mansion and back since it's just a huge foggy area with large portions of essentially nothing. I'd appreciate some sort of incentive to actually exploring that area.

Agreed on the struggle mechanic. It's basically just "do you wanna see the scenes?" If yes, don't struggle. If no, struggle (it's really not hard to break out). My suggestion is to make struggling increasingly more difficult - increased grapples could weaken Julia's ability to escape (likely implemented with some sort of energy meter), or less health/clothing could do the same as well. Thus, you're actually penalized for being grabbed. I'd also like to see the same for the fatty. Being insta-killed by grapple without clothing sucks. It'd be nice to have a "really difficult struggle" to be able to escape from his grapples, rather than an auto-lose.

Agreed on gameplay too. The increased speed and pathing to the fatties in this release was welcome, and made them more challenging. As for the knife ... I saw it as an homage to old RE games where the knife was so useless that it became a meme.

I'd strongly disagree with the level design. I've played the game so many times over that it becomes just memory to locate key items. But they're really not easy to find or are easily missable (e.g. the mansion key on the gate, the hanging plate from the ceiling or the tiny, nondescript circuit box), and the game isn't intuitive at all as to exactly WHAT you're supposed to be doing either. If I were to play this game as a new player, I'd have given up based on the sheer size of the maps, difficulty in finding things, and lack of mission objectives and direction.
There's also a LOT of backtracking. Even in Mission 1, the game forces you to go back and forth in the mansion constantly without anything new. Mission 4 is basically just an incredibly lazy backtracking mission. I expect the level design to be greatly improved, and honestly, it's really not that hard to improve it; the main problem is that there's no real incentive for the player to constantly do the same things over and over again. Add a jump scare or respawned enemies in a backtracked area (like in the actual RE). Add unlockables or additional items/item caches in boring or large areas (as stated).

Anyway, as much as I dislike the length of time taken per update, lack of saves, poor level design, and lack of new anims/enemies/items in this release, I felt it was a decent enough update.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score

Some feedback.

I'm on 2080 TI with every setting maxed out and can't see them.

hhh7773

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Yeah, the F95Zone community isn't as positive (but is a bit more vocal) about some stuff. I already gave my review here and over there a few times, but I wanna just echo/reply to yours, perhaps so it has more weight to the devs.

I'd agree on the unlockables; I think having some in-game unlockables (hidden around the maps) might be a fun idea, given the forest area is so boring and confusing that I forced myself to memorize the path to the mansion and back since it's just a huge foggy area with large portions of essentially nothing. I'd appreciate some sort of incentive to actually exploring that area.

Agreed on the struggle mechanic. It's basically just "do you wanna see the scenes?" If yes, don't struggle. If no, struggle (it's really not hard to break out). My suggestion is to make struggling increasingly more difficult - increased grapples could weaken Julia's ability to escape (likely implemented with some sort of energy meter), or less health/clothing could do the same as well. Thus, you're actually penalized for being grabbed. I'd also like to see the same for the fatty. Being insta-killed by grapple without clothing sucks. It'd be nice to have a "really difficult struggle" to be able to escape from his grapples, rather than an auto-lose.

Agreed on gameplay too. The increased speed and pathing to the fatties in this release was welcome, and made them more challenging. As for the knife ... I saw it as an homage to old RE games where the knife was so useless that it became a meme.

I'd strongly disagree with the level design. I've played the game so many times over that it becomes just memory to locate key items. But they're really not easy to find or are easily missable (e.g. the mansion key on the gate, the hanging plate from the ceiling or the tiny, nondescript circuit box), and the game isn't intuitive at all as to exactly WHAT you're supposed to be doing either. If I were to play this game as a new player, I'd have given up based on the sheer size of the maps, difficulty in finding things, and lack of mission objectives and direction.
There's also a LOT of backtracking. Even in Mission 1, the game forces you to go back and forth in the mansion constantly without anything new. Mission 4 is basically just an incredibly lazy backtracking mission. I expect the level design to be greatly improved, and honestly, it's really not that hard to improve it; the main problem is that there's no real incentive for the player to constantly do the same things over and over again. Add a jump scare or respawned enemies in a backtracked area (like in the actual RE). Add unlockables or additional items/item caches in boring or large areas (as stated).

Anyway, as much as I dislike the length of time taken per update, lack of saves, poor level design, and lack of new anims/enemies/items in this release, I felt it was a decent enough update.
Heh, yeah here I am replying to you there on f95, and here as well now really.

Honestly though, if the forest level does get kept, or stages like it, those would be the PERFECT place to add in the shootable emblems to unlock more goodies/rewards, or just any sort of egg hunt kind of deal really, that or simply just make the areas more linear as I always get my ass lost in the forest no matter how much I think I have it memorized. Some more unique land marks could probably help with this if nothing else, and I do genuinely think a minimap, or just a map in general would be more beneficial than the compass... but when you do at least get a prompt that causes a compass pointer to pop up it works well enough to direct you most of the time.

Respawning enemies actually DOES seem to happen in the 4th mission from the one time I played it, albeit, it seems either very limited to certain areas/mobs, or is perhaps tied to how far you run away from a certain area, allowing enemies to come back. It definitely made the level FAR less frustrating than it might have otherwise been, as really this game shines when combat is happening, which is why I definitely think stages like mission 3 that are fairly linear, and very action heavy, as well as the sewer survive section on mission 1 are by far my favorites, both kind of give me a Mercenaries vibe even if they really wanted to go in that direction. Interconnectedness of levels, shortcuts and the like from Souls and well, of course, older/survival horror RE games would do a TON to help cut back on some of the intense backtracking as well, and in general just make for some really cool moments if done right. All the same though, more linear levels wouldn't hurt either, as this game definitely benefits from more concise, action heavy segments, though, would be a shame to completely abandon an RE2 Remake-esque gameplay with the big guys acting as pseudo tyrants... though I do hope we get some weaponry in the future that actually allows us to take them down, or slow them down/incapacitate them in the future. They might be killable currently, but it just isn't worth trying at all, which is definitely part of the point, but, all the same, the option being there, possibly with a cool reward for bringing them down, could be really neat.

Which, just as a side note, adding in some new guns/weapons could be a good thing to focus on in the next update, or one of the next couple at least. Having a shotgun in particular would feel really nice, but I'd take just about anything really, even just something as simple as hand grenades.

Speaking of those shootable emblems that are supposed to be in mission 4 though, has anyone actually seen one yet?

dedadagain

Reputation score
I havent been able to get past the first mission at all. The exterior areas are too big and empty(courtyard, property exterior) while the mansion feels both cramped and drawn out.

Would really appreciate a less is more approach. As soon as you get out of the sewer, the first mission should be over. Checkpoints are fine, but if your first level takes over 20 minutes you're going to lose a lot of people there.

Also, the 3 minute timer at the first mission's locked door is too long for how small the arena is and how little enemy variety appears there. It felt like thr re4/re5 village scene, but theres none of the variety, exploration or much reason to even fight since zombies never try to flank you or cut you off.

I know im ragging on about first level, but this is the first impression and it should really sell ppl on it. Making the levels smaller will also save you some dev time and improve the overall feel.

Uxot

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Press M and go SW on the first mission it helps,Well when outside.

HentaiProdigy

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Alrighty... replayed this game again now that it had an update. The game runs better for me inside the mansion now, but it still runs pretty bad in there. Only in there for that matter. The new dodge mechanic is pretty neat, though the fact that it's random if it'll even show up or not feels kind of cheap. The new melee attacks are... well, pretty damn useless. I tested them out for a while and then just stopped using them altogether. Hardly the AoE force of nature that the suplex and spin kicks of Leon's veteran years were. The grounded finisher is pretty hilarious though, with Julia knee dropping them wherever and following up with a dramatic backflip to stand back up again.

As for the new missions, I did like mission 3, as basic as it is. More of the same but more concentrated. Definitely enjoyed the change of scenery as well after having run through the sewers, mountains(?), courtyard and the mansion however many times. Mission 4 on the other hand I'll say beforehand that I'm sorry, but jesus it's absolutely atrocious. I killed 175 enemies and ran around in those god damn mines for almost 2 hours. At first I found the route to the fusebox, but I had missed one of the fuses, which had me running all the way back again just to try and find whatever little hole or turn I had missed. Found it eventually, only to run the wrong way in there as well, forcing me to go all the way around to get the final fuse, then run all the way back to the fusebox and back to the crystal... only for it not to be active. So I run all over again, just to find out that there are obstacles in the way of the lightbeam that are flippin' invisible for some reason. Yet another wild goose chase to fix that up. Way too big a map for what's there with no clear direction of what to do or distinction of where you're supposed to go or have been. Looks a bit too much alike.

All in all, it's a decent update and I do enjoy the new gameplay mechanics, even if they need to be tweaked a bit more. The obvious blight on the new version is the final mission, but the third one was fun and fresh at least. Kind of sad to see that there were no new enemy types or sex animations this time around, but I'm sure that'll come later down the line. Keep it up! Looking forward to the next update as well.

Now for some bug reports:
* In the sewers, right before I went to the gate to trigger the timer, I got stuck in an infinite reload loop. I'm not sure exactly what I did, but I think I was trying to reload while I was running, and stopped moving during the reload animation. Julia got stuck reloading over and over again and I couldn't interact or do anything other than quit out and restart.
* Reloading a check point in the first mission leaves you with the same inventory and infection rate as before you died. This didn't seem to happen in the second mission, apart from the huge stomach and clothing state. Never died in the last two missions, so can't speak for those two.
* In mission 4, zombies and dogs kept spawning in on top of me as I was backtracking, literally popping in right in front of me or even falling in from above me at times.
* Also in mission 4, the obstacles for the lightbeams are invisible, as others have already pointed out.
* Completing all four missions didn't unlock anything for me in terms of customizations. I couldn't navigate that menu at all, my only option being to cancel out of it. Maybe I've misunderstood something, but it sounds to me like a couple hairstyles should be unlocked immediately after unlocking the options, as well as one alternative outfit? Either way, I couldn't even edit her name, which should have unlocked after mission 1 and 2.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I personally liked mission 4's idea, but not it's current state.

Mission 4 is begging(!) for the save mechanic.
There needs to be probably at least 2 save points in the current mission 4, if it makes the cut to the final game.

Also, rather than enemies spawning on my, I keep seeing dogs walk into walls. Zombie humans, makes sense, they are dumb. But infected dogs may need some AI fixes.

Lastly, 1 minor thing I would like to recommend improving is the sound for zombies. I think some sound loops are longer than others or something, because I will often kill an enemy, walk by their corpse disappearing, and hear their "UUGGGGHHHH" or "growl" line right behind me.
I stopped double checking their bodies, but either way, it would be a great QoL improvement.

Pootis404

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I can't for the life of me find the 3rd fuse in mission 4, I've looked in every conceivable nook and cranny with the exception of an area with a ladder I couldn't interact with, and ended up getting stuck on the ledge for a period of time (all interactables such as sewing machine and infection cure plants had stopped working at that point, so I might not have been able to pick up the fuse even if I found it).
I found the first 2 on a box and a blue barrel along the initial cave path leading to the objective crystal in the center, and I've exhausted myself running in circles for at least an hour and a half.

ChupacabraGonzales

Reputation score
Also, rather than enemies spawning on my, I keep seeing dogs walk into walls. Zombie humans, makes sense, they are dumb. But infected dogs may need some AI fixes.
Yeah I think dog AI is trying to flank you, but because of the level design they don't have enough room to maneuver.