What's new

[WIP - Full] Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

Christmas was unproductive, although that's probably as it should be. However, the reasons for it being unproductive were not good. While I won't go into details due to this being real-life issues, I nearly ended up with a full blown anxiety attack. Circumstances have improved a bit, but not enough for me to make any noteworthy progress as of yet.

Obviously I'm going to prioritize my mental health over this patch, and indeed anything else I'm doing in the H-games sphere, so I fear this will mean progress will be slow for a while. I would hope that these issues can be resolved by the end of the month, but obviously this isn't the kind of thing I would put a timetable on.
Ah, okay. I'm not so selfish that I'd ask you to put this ahead of your own health and real life. Wish you the best, and hope things get better for you soon, regardless of what happens with this project :)

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Take care of yourself - hope you get things to a better space...

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

:( Hm, hope you resolve it well and thoroughly, your health is a lot more important than the translations. Just wish you the best with it, take your time!

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

:( Hm, hope you resolve it well and thoroughly, your health is a lot more important than the translations. Just wish you the best with it, take your time!
Well said.

@habisain:
yeah, don't bother with working in your free time when you got stuff like this on your hands.
Just try to be remind yourself once in a while that there are others around you, who'd like to help. (not talking about myself tho :p)

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hypothetically speaking, if a person wanted to help you with translating, what would be your preferred method for contributions by other people?

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Thanks for all the understanding everyone. Hopefully there will be better news soon.

@Crispin: I don't think I'm looking for other translators. At most, contributions could be in the form a fork of my RPGMaker Trans patch (the Mercurial repository version) with literal translations and no expectation that they'd end up in the main translation.

Basically, the reason is that for any character with multiple appearances, I'm trying to keep relatively consistent personality traits and word choice. That means that I would almost certainly feel it necessary to rewrite any dialogue submitted by another translator. There is a benefit here in that for some dialogue (in particular H-scenes, which tend to have the highest chance of slang in them which is one of my weaker areas) having a clean translation to work off would make things faster for me. But for the main Story dialogue, and most of the Maps, it might actually slow me down.

zekemckillip

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey, don't know if I've posted in here, but I've been following this pretty much since you started, and I just want to say thank you for all your hard work. That applies to RPGMakerTrans as well. I'm not sure I grasp the specifics of what that program does, but I've seen enough RPGMaker games, and fought with enough manual translations, that I can appreciate the ease of use that RPGMakerTrans brings, at least to the patching process. Again, thank you very much, and I hope that everything in your life takes a turn for the better and some good karma flows your way.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Right ho. Seems like it's been altogether too long since I did a 'state of the translation' post, and the real life issues that caused problems last month have at least somewhat stabilised (although are not fixed, and probably will not be fixed for a long time) so progress is starting to be semi-consistent again. My current best estimate is that there is about 500 dialogues I want to translate for the next version, and then I'll get started on quality checking. Once all is said and done the translated parts will be:

1) All story up until the end of Act 4
2) All RoL H-scenes
3) All H-scenes in Wiccaholt, Alchester and Frisbee
4) All "Familiar" dialogue
5) All Maps (excluding content related to the Story, such as Story significant NPCs)
6) A handful of other H-scenes

I think a realistic estimate for the release of this patch will be mid-March. Obviously would like it to be earlier, but no guarantees on this. I'll also state that I haven't had a look at the new content added in v1.14; if it's not too much I'll translate that, otherwise it'll only be v1.13 content. Afterwards I'll be working on finishing up translating the remaining H-scenes and Story, with the plan being for the next release to be 100% translated (with respect to v1.14).

Now, open question: I would like some help with proofreading the H-scenes; this is because the H-scenes have a lot of branching dialogue, and so I'd like some people who could read my translation in game to see that it's actually coherent. I can't say exactly when this would be (it would be after a first round of quality control, so not now), but would anyone be interested in helping with that?

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'd be good to help, just depends when you want it done. If it's around project due dates I'll be as good as dead though x_x

So short story, just contact me whenever, it'll be 50/50 if I'm able to.

Krosh

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Now, open question: I would like some help with proofreading the H-scenes; this is because the H-scenes have a lot of branching dialogue, and so I'd like some people who could read my translation in game to see that it's actually coherent. I can't say exactly when this would be (it would be after a first round of quality control, so not now), but would anyone be interested in helping with that?
You can count on me with that!
I will gladly help you with anything i can. Just say the word and i will proofread it as fast as possible. :)

djunk101

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm a great proof reader and work at a decent pace, but I won't lie, I'm also something of a procrastinator. If you're willing to take a chance, I hope you'll at least give me a copy to look over. If I can get myself to, I can probably get it done in a day or two as I don't have a very busy life.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

One thing I noticed is that in the Sex Shrine dungeon, the dialogue boxes when you enter and exit the room with the bed and the mirror are mixed up; when you enter it it asks you if you want to leave, when you leave it it asks you if you want to rest.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

One thing I noticed is that in the Sex Shrine dungeon, the dialogue boxes when you enter and exit the room with the bed and the mirror are mixed up
Yep, that's on my todo list for fixes. It's a fairly long list at this stage.

Sometimes I wonder if I bit off more than I can chew with this game...

As to everyone who's volunteered to proofread - thanks. I'll get in touch when I've got something that I can send out. Although do note that I'm more interested in making sure that the H-scenes just broadly make sense on each of the 4 configuration options rather than any kind of critique. Hopefully that'll be in 2 weeks or so; this does raise the question of if I'll meet my hopeful release target of mid-March, but it was only a hopeful target at any rate. Although I am slightly tempted to release what I have then anyway with the proviso that until the patch hits 1.0 it's not a final release...

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yep, that's on my todo list for fixes. It's a fairly long list at this stage.

Sometimes I wonder if I bit off more than I can chew with this game...

As to everyone who's volunteered to proofread - thanks. I'll get in touch when I've got something that I can send out. Although do note that I'm more interested in making sure that the H-scenes just broadly make sense on each of the 4 configuration options rather than any kind of critique. Hopefully that'll be in 2 weeks or so; this does raise the question of if I'll meet my hopeful release target of mid-March, but it was only a hopeful target at any rate. Although I am slightly tempted to release what I have then anyway with the proviso that until the patch hits 1.0 it's not a final release...
I agree, you can release a part of the next "update" its better than nothing :p

BTW thanks for translating this game :) ur awsome

wackman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm looking forward to play the game again translated, thanks for the hard work!

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hey i got some strange language error (i assume?). I have tried patching the game in Japanese locale. Also tried redownloading the game, patcher and the patch.
Can't post links yet so remove the spaces.

imgur . com/a/1P1G0

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

No idea what's up with that. If I had to guess it's a corrupted game you have there.

Afraid I will not be investigating this one much though, because of my "no piracy" stance. v1.1.1 is an old version of the game, and if you redownloaded it recently that means it's definitely pirated. If it's any consolation, my suspicion is that whatever you've downloaded has corrupt files which might let the game load, but will end up crashing the game if you were to actually play it.

And I probably wouldn't investigate it anyway due to this not being the place for tech support.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok no problem. Thanks anyway. I was looking at your blog and couldn't find any better place to submit bugs, also the bug report link that shows up when your program crashes is invalid. You might want to check it out even though a dirty pirate found it :p.
Also the game plays fine without the translation (at least as far as i got). I know you said you don't want to help but just giving out some info if i manage to fix it and someone else finds it.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Any news on when the next update will be released?
I enjoyed your translation so much I went and bought the game. :)

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Rizo: It's literally a few posts above yours - next release is still scheduled for mid-March. That probably means about two weeks, unless there's an unexpected delay.

@TTsuyuki: I'm against piracy in general, but in the case that a bug is likely caused by a pirated version of the game, I'm not going to provide support. Why would I? It causes far, far more work for me if I'm hunting down bugs which are caused by corrupt data, and I don't have much free time. As to where the data is corrupt, I can't say - just that it's likely there is something in the game which will crash it.

As to where to report bugs, you obviously know where the RPGMaker Trans website is. It has a big button on it saying "Report bugs". It's fairly self explanatory.

Status
Not open for further replies.