What's new

[WIP - Full] Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

@Rizo: It's literally a few posts above yours - next release is still scheduled for mid-March. That probably means about two weeks, unless there's an unexpected delay.

@TTsuyuki: I'm against piracy in general, but in the case that a bug is likely caused by a pirated version of the game, I'm not going to provide support. Why would I? It causes far, far more work for me if I'm hunting down bugs which are caused by corrupt data, and I don't have much free time. As to where the data is corrupt, I can't say - just that it's likely there is something in the game which will crash it.

As to where to report bugs, you obviously know where the RPGMaker Trans website is. It has a big button on it saying "Report bugs". It's fairly self explanatory.
Shit, sorry. Glad to hear it's coming along, I look forward to it coming out :)
We appreciate the work you're putting into it.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

@TTsuyuki: I'm against piracy in general, but in the case that a bug is likely caused by a pirated version of the game, I'm not going to provide support. Why would I? It causes far, far more work for me if I'm hunting down bugs which are caused by corrupt data, and I don't have much free time. As to where the data is corrupt, I can't say - just that it's likely there is something in the game which will crash it.

As to where to report bugs, you obviously know where the RPGMaker Trans website is. It has a big button on it saying "Report bugs". It's fairly self explanatory.
Sure man just 2 things that you didn't understand.
1. I wasn't expecting that you will hunt down bugs. I was just expecting a hint about the origin of this error so i won't waste time on troubleshooting the wrong things. (In this case if this isn't a language error i won't waste time with restarting Windows and changing locales).
2. Almost everyone on this forum provides feedback here or on their blogs. When i looked at your blog I saw you answering some question and giving links to the bug tracker (a link that didn't work, just like the link when your program crashes) and also you seemed to be more active on ulmf than your blog so i just decided to do it here.

And yes i found that red button hidden under donations before you ask. I don't understand in which world an obvious place to look for it is the site to download 1 of the 2 components needed to apply the translation (not including the game) and not the site that directs you to both of them. Yeah i understand that it's probably easier for you to gather your bugs there but that doesn't make it obvious :).

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

(...) I was just expecting a hint about the origin of this error so i won't waste time on troubleshooting the wrong things. (...)
Hint.
No idea what's up with that. If I had to guess it's a corrupted game you have there.
(...)
(...)And I probably wouldn't investigate it anyway due to this not being the place for tech support.
I have to agree, this can go waaaay off topic and there is no need for that.

Also, just for the sake of it:
DAMNIT, that hidden, big, red button. So hard to find, because it's not like you can get RPGTrans from there.

Come on...

Last edited:
OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just to try and draw a line under this: Regardless of my personal feelings towards pirated games, no thread on ULMF is an appropriate place for bug reports on RPGMaker Trans. Neither is the Habisain-Translations blog. It's the RPGMaker Trans Bug Tracker at Bitbucket.

If anyone thinks they have found a bug in RPGMaker Trans, report it on the bug tracker. It's a much better forum for such discussion, and I'm much more likely to actually investigate it. That doesn't preclude me investigating bugs reported through other channels, but I'm much less likely to. I mean, I may not even see the bug reports.

Now let's get back on track - progress! I'm approximately two and a bit H-scenes away from completing all the translations I want for the next release, although that doesn't count the editing pass I need to do.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sure i'll keep it in mind when/if i see another translation made in your program. I'm glad that we cleared that up. (Except that one guy that for some reason makes fun of a person having a civil discussion on the Internet with valid arguments).

Good luck on your translation.

Gfurst

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Yep, that's on my todo list for fixes. It's a fairly long list at this stage.

Sometimes I wonder if I bit off more than I can chew with this game...
Hey Habisain, first I wanted to say thanks, I'd really appreciate and understand all the work put into rpgm-trans and this translation specifically. I for one am hoping to see this project come to a completion.

But really you can't blame anyone else for that, as I've seen people come try to support but turning them down harshly. I mean of course not all of them are going to be the best, but its not like every single translated here is going to ruin it forever. You could simply put it through a versioning system like git which I'm sure you know how it works, and then calmly review and merge them as they come. But instead you chose to close all doors with a "you can do your own translation, but I want nothing to do with it".

I understand being a perfectionist and all, but you also got to learn how accept and ask for help when needed to.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

But really you can't blame anyone else for that, as I've seen people come try to support but turning them down harshly. I mean of course not all of them are going to be the best, but its not like every single translated here is going to ruin it forever. You could simply put it through a versioning system like git which I'm sure you know how it works, and then calmly review and merge them as they come. But instead you chose to close all doors with a "you can do your own translation, but I want nothing to do with it".

I understand being a perfectionist and all, but you also got to learn how accept and ask for help when needed to.
What? Are you familiar with what I've said in this thread, or in general in this forum? Anyhow, first off, small correction: this is already versioned under Mercurial.

On contributions: I did not say that I would not accept help. What I said was that any help would be edited, possibly to the extent of being rewritten. I don't think that's unreasonable, and it's certainly correct to say that anyone who does contribute anything should not expect to see, word-for-word, their work in the finished patch. Also, anyone pointing out issues with the patch is contributing, as are the people who have agreed to have a proof-read of the patch when it's ready (i.e. gone through my automatic QC tools so that at the very least I know it doesn't crash - currently, it does crash). Just because these people are not providing translations does not mean their contributions are any less meaningful.

And on being a perfectionist: Have you read any of the stuff I've written on translations? I'm no perfectionist. I'm the first to say that it's all well and good if there are inaccuracies, or bits which are just plain wrong. I know full well I've made mistakes in this translation which won't be corrected. I also know that pretty much no-one will spot these, because the translations are good enough and people aren't comparing the two side-by-side.

Anyhow, I hope that clears things up - saying I've closed down all routes to contribute and that I need to learn to ask for/accept help is a pretty big misrepresentation of the situation. There's plenty of routes to contribute, and I have asked for and accepted help.

Last edited:

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

What? Are you familiar with what I've said in this thread, or in general in this forum? Anyhow, first off, small correction: this is already versioned under Mercurial.

On contributions: I did not say that I would not accept help. What I said was that any help would be edited, possibly to the extent of being rewritten. I don't think that's unreasonable, and it's certainly correct to say that anyone who does contribute anything should not expect to see, word-for-word, their work in the finished patch. Also, anyone pointing out issues with the patch is contributing, as are the people who have agreed to have a proof-read of the patch when it's ready (i.e. gone through my automatic QC tools so that at the very least I know it doesn't crash - currently, it does crash). Just because these people are not providing translations does not mean their contributions are any less meaningful.

And on being a perfectionist: Have you read any of the stuff I've written on translations? I'm no perfectionist. I'm the first to say that it's all well and good if there are inaccuracies, or bits which are just plain wrong. I know full well I've made mistakes in this translation which won't be corrected. I also know that pretty much no-one will spot these, because the translations are good enough and people aren't comparing the two side-by-side.

Anyhow, I hope that clears things up - saying I've closed down all routes to contribute and that I need to learn to ask for/accept help is a pretty big misrepresentation of the situation. There's plenty of routes to contribute, and I have asked for and accepted help.
Thank you for your great work, do you have an ETA (more or less) on the next patch release?

orangestone

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for your great work, do you have an ETA (more or less) on the next patch release?
Top post of this page.

@Rizo: It's literally a few posts above yours - next release is still scheduled for mid-March. That probably means about two weeks, unless there's an unexpected delay.
And more recently, this.

Now let's get back on track - progress! I'm approximately two and a bit H-scenes away from completing all the translations I want for the next release, although that doesn't count the editing pass I need to do.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, maybe some bad news on the next release front. This past weekend I was planning on doing a sprint which would take care of the remaining translations, and then I could get my tools working to make sure that the release actually worked and didn't crash the game. What actually happened is I spent the weekend caring for sick family members. Everyone's more-or-less on the mend now, but it has left me quite a bit behind where I wanted to be.

At most this is a one week delay, so annoying, but not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things. The two files which need finishing currently have progress values of the following:

HEvents_3: U:1837, C:1938, T:1920, P:99%, UV: 92912, CV:94945, TV:94388 PV:99%
HEvents_3b: U:587, C:595, T:50, P:8%, UV: 19027, CV:19189, TV:861 PV:4%

That's about 550 dialogues to translate, which isn't too bad. Most of them are fairly short as well.

Anyhow, hopefully I will have better news next time.

rizo

Reputation score

These things happen, glad your family members are getting better.
I look forward to the next update, keep up the good work. :)

fushan

Sex Demon
Reputation score

550 dialogues for chapter 4? or entire game? forgot what chapter u have translated up to :pP

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

550 dialogues for chapter 4? or entire game? forgot what chapter u have translated up to :pP
You know what? I'm instituting a new rule for how I handle this thread: I won't answer questions which have already been answered. It's happened far too often this last month.

I've already said how far the next release will go, so that's that.

bumpywolf

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Well, maybe some bad news on the next release front. This past weekend I was planning on doing a sprint which would take care of the remaining translations, and then I could get my tools working to make sure that the release actually worked and didn't crash the game. What actually happened is I spent the weekend caring for sick family members. Everyone's more-or-less on the mend now, but it has left me quite a bit behind where I wanted to be.

At most this is a one week delay, so annoying, but not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things. The two files which need finishing currently have progress values of the following:

HEvents_3: U:1837, C:1938, T:1920, P:99%, UV: 92912, CV:94945, TV:94388 PV:99%
HEvents_3b: U:587, C:595, T:50, P:8%, UV: 19027, CV:19189, TV:861 PV:4%

That's about 550 dialogues to translate, which isn't too bad. Most of them are fairly short as well.

Anyhow, hopefully I will have better news next time.
Your familly comes first so dont worry about delays, ill be waiting for your release, and again, thanks for doing this translation.

OP
habisain

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So as things are looking like another delay, I'll post the reason why (in the interests of pre-emptively explaining why the translation won't be around despite my previous attempts at a timetable). All things considered, this was probably inevitable. Basically: after looking after ill family, I too became ill. Due to the fact that one of my ongoing medical abnormalities is slightly dodgy ears, what should have been "just" a severe cold-type bug also meant my balance was completely shot.

It turns out doing translations while the room is spinning is a bit beyond me. Again, could be worse (i.e. one of the family members I was looking after last time has severe asthma; colds are a major concern), but the next release is delayed again.

I will not be tempting fate again by posting a new timetable. I will endeavor to get the next version out fairly promptly, but setting a date does seem to jinx things.

rizo

Reputation score

So as things are looking like another delay, I'll post the reason why (in the interests of pre-emptively explaining why the translation won't be around despite my previous attempts at a timetable). All things considered, this was probably inevitable. Basically: after looking after ill family, I too became ill. Due to the fact that one of my ongoing medical abnormalities is slightly dodgy ears, what should have been "just" a severe cold-type bug also meant my balance was completely shot.

It turns out doing translations while the room is spinning is a bit beyond me. Again, could be worse (i.e. one of the family members I was looking after last time has severe asthma; colds are a major concern), but the next release is delayed again.

I will not be tempting fate again by posting a new timetable. I will endeavor to get the next version out fairly promptly, but setting a date does seem to jinx things.
Thanks for the heads up, hope you get well soon.
Health takes priority over all!

zipetya

Reputation score

Yeah, hope you get better soon!
You da boss. Gotta do it at your own pace.

Thanks for all your efforts!

Reputation score

Hey, the fact that you're doing this is a great thing in itself. Take as much time as you need to take care of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.