What's new

Webcomics of win

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: Webcomics of win

Of course a fucking spider would say that a webcomic called "Bug Martini" is good. For fucks sakes.

MagicWhiteLady

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I've been really adoring InCase's Alfie.
such great art @u@

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I actually really liked Shortpacked! and the creator's other comics, but I've sadly decided to stop reading them as he passive aggressively inserts his political opinions into strawman characters on a basis waaay too regular for me to really forgive, and it pisses me off. Long drawn out explanation/rant hoooooo!

I could forgive the overt feminist messages because they did have some validity to the message even if the way he presented them was retarded and fallacious, attacking the wrong key figures and presenting the argument in the most ignorant way possible a few times...

But then his depiction of Christianity comes in, he puts in all the most extreme stereotypes of christian faith into play, with themes originating from crackpot churches of varying kinds that are typically outside of the main stream of faith in general, or exaggerated hyperbole of mainstream faith, all combined into one "Super Stereotype" of Christian faith, failing to accommodate even one relatable Christian character who might have even the slightest semblance of intellect or reasoning ability. He misrepresents a lot of what actual religious people stand for and their ethics and morals in order to further vilify the cult-like extensions of Christianity in the more unusual churches that exist on the outer lines of faith, representing them as the norm of religion when it is in fact the minority. A good Christian or somebody with half a brain who attends bible-study does not harass lesbians or gays, the bible condemns this behavior outright repeatedly even if there is one part of the bible that condemns homosexuality as an abomination, and the validity of any part of the bible can be called into question because of repeated mistranslation and intentional censoring and editing on the part of the catholic church and pagan influence ANYWAYS. One should focus on the positive message and try to avoid what you can honestly say has a negative consequence and feels to you like a sin or wrong-doing, the entire basis of Christianity is to lead by example and forgive wrong-doing, not condemn people FOR FUCKS SAKES. How can you not account for some of the primary messages of the religion when you are showing their worst examples of extremism in such an obviously biased manner? HOW?!

What the fuck is wrong with you dude, did you do like no research or did your entire family get harassed by extremist Christians? Or are you doing what I think you're doing and using every single example of an extremist Christian to vilify religion? Extremists exist in every single facet of life religious or not, to paint religion as the definitive cause just because it's what they base their reasoning on is just as stupid as vilifying all of feminism because of what those stupid bitches who derailed the comet landing did. Dumb fallacious reasoning that I cannot stand for, I refuse to read anything more from an ignorant dickbag, no matter how engaging your lesbian romance sub-plots get.
He stated repeatedly that Joyce's life is autobiographical for himself. He didn't have to do research, he LIVED it.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

A comic about the happenings in a town named Widdershins that's located in 18th century England. With magic, spirits, bountyhunters, curses and fucking wizards. Pretty good if you ask me.

Oh, and it's by the same guy who made Darkon, if you're familiar with that.

Hkid

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Darken, and it's a lady, I'm fairly sure. I used to post on the Something Awful forums webcomics thread where a bunch of webcomics authors used to hang out, until they banned me for hotlinking from my own site XD

(It was around that time that SA started to go full on SJW)

You guys really need to read It's a really awesome webcomic. European album quality art, updates like clockwork and has worldbuilding and plot that kicks most novels in the teeth. And it makes Game of Thrones look like a nursery story, worse because you actually like the people getting killed.

tyciol

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I enjoyed this comic named Flem. Graphis were sub-par but it was raunchy.

Also Sexy Losers.

One comic I'm looking for was a 1-shot manga-style where a guy is feeling up a girl's boob and crotch and she moans "no" so he lets go (HANDS IN AIR) and she goes "idiot" like she wanted him to keep going.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I forgot this was a thread. I can't remember if I've posted here or not, but I enjoy reading EGS, Planet Zebeth, and Las Lindas.

EGS involves lots of transformation and genderswapping shenanigans.

Planet Zebeth is an 8-bit sprite comic with alcohol fueled madness and shenanigans.

Las Lindas is a furry comic with well-developed characters and story.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Dr. McNinja, one of the true veterans of the webcomic scene, has announced it's coming to an end.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Ah, this saddens me. I loved reading Dr. McNinja (lost the link changing computers and just haven't bounced back to it in a while.) Going to have to fix that and catch up.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Dr. McNinja, one of the true veterans of the webcomic scene, has announced it's coming to an end.

Good for him. Too many webcomics keep going long after the quality has started to decline.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shit. Dr. McNinja was one of the first webcomics i began reading regularly (as opposed to archive binging and such). It's been consistently funny, and it was one of the first comics to regularly include funny little snippets in the alt-text.

And now Exterminatus Now! has also announced it's coming to an end.

For those who don't know, it's a pretty funny comic that draws heavily on Warhammer 40,000 lore in its setting, but uses Sonic-style character design. So you have a rat-guy in a trenchcoat ordering orbital laser strikes against murdering cultists. And messing it up hilariously, of course.

Cappy

Reputation score

A bit of a surreal adventure into the psyche, from the perspective of a mysterious dandy with the head of a television, and the small yet brave naive girl who follows him at his request for help from a "hero". Wonderfully expressive, with definite hints of a darkness under the surface.

It's nowhere near close to finished, so if you get annoyed by catching up to a slow-progressing webcomic, I would wait a few months. Or years.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I just found out about this webcomic that seems pretty cool for fans of urban fantasy and humor. It's called and is about two women that are a werewolf and a vampire trying to make their way in the world while maybe developing a thing for each other along the way. Sounds like my kinda thing anyway. I like it so far!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I can't imagine why you would find that interesting, it's not like you enjoy vampires and girls or something. In all seriousness though I might actually read that one, or at least I will until I forget about it like most webcomics.

Last edited:

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know right? Such a weird concept for me. Haha. I read pretty much the whole thing so far over a day or 2. It's really cool.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I know right? Such a weird concept for me. Haha. I read pretty much the whole thing so far over a day or 2. It's really cool.
Yeah, I just binged through it in the course of an hour or so. I like it. Very few of the concepts are exactly fresh, but it's presented in a cute and funny way, so it's an enjoyable read.
Probably my favorite bit of banter was when Ada compared vampires and werewolves to Democrats and Republicans. Also Hank all wolfed-out is overwhelmingly adorable.

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Never been particularly fond of Vampire-protagonists as they seem to kinda miss the point, but to each their own.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, I just binged through it in the course of an hour or so. I like it. Very few of the concepts are exactly fresh, but it's presented in a cute and funny way, so it's an enjoyable read.
Probably my favorite bit of banter was when Ada compared vampires and werewolves to Democrats and Republicans. Also Hank all wolfed-out is overwhelmingly adorable.
or Broncos and Raiders fans! I loved Hank's reaction to that. Also Macintosh. Is. Incredibly. Adorable.

Never been particularly fond of Vampire-protagonists as they seem to kinda miss the point, but to each their own.
Up to you. The main protagonist is actually a werewolf if that makes a difference. I find her very relatable.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Only real downside was when I finished the comics and realized how slowly the updates arrive.

On the other hand that's a problem I have with most webcomics.

Last edited:

Crawdaddy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

On the other hand that's a problem I have with most webcomics.
That always sucks: when you've been on an intense archive-binge and it just suddenly stops up. :p Only thing that's worse is when you get up to date and realize that the webcomic has been discontinued, or that it's discontinued shortly after. :rolleyes: