What's new

What happened in Hong Kong

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Just show 'em some videos of how the Chinese government treat anyone who doesn't play the good little communist slave. Should be enough to win who's worth it over to your side. Maybe remind them of how the Chinese government controlled their citizens reproductive habits.
And then get arrested by the CCP for leaking confidential information :ROFLMAO:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Hijack the air-waves? Cable-lines? Jumbo-tron?

CC12

Reputation score
There's a question, what do you want?
Or what political goals do you want to achieve?

Hong Kong voted, and their results are a very strong anti-mainland china victory
As everyone outside of China predicted

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
If that question was directed to me, my political goals are a big shrug for not caring and what I want is mostly to self-improve as much as possible, trying to live a decent life
Hong Kong and this thread have been amusing to follow though

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I'll answer too! World domination, I want to rule the world with my iron fist! How is that different from the Chinese government ? Well, it isn't. Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe.

But that's a pretty far-fetched goal. So I'll settle for humanity making it's way out into the galaxy. That won't happen without critical thinking, ingenuity, or most importantly individuality. The Chinese government reduces a large portion of it's population to cogs in a machine, essentially stripping away all the cultural and social advancements of the last couple of centuries. Governments like the CCP are the end of technological, social, and cultural advancement, period. So to that end, I want the Chinese government to dissolve, peacefully if possible (lol not, they're going to throw an epic tantrum) post-haste and stop hindering humanity's efforts to be better.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
I'll answer too! World domination, I want to rule the world with my iron fist! How is that different from the Chinese government ? Well, it isn't. Does that make me a hypocrite? Maybe.

But that's a pretty far-fetched goal. So I'll settle for humanity making it's way out into the galaxy. That won't happen without critical thinking, ingenuity, or most importantly individuality. The Chinese government reduces a large portion of it's population to cogs in a machine, essentially stripping away all the cultural and social advancements of the last couple of centuries. Governments like the CCP are the end of technological, social, and cultural advancement, period. So to that end, I want the Chinese government to dissolve, peacefully if possible (lol not, they're going to throw an epic tantrum) post-haste and stop hindering humanity's efforts to be better.
If the CCP falls it's definitely not going to be peaceful. Large amount of land, massive army, loads of resources up for grab? Without a central power to control the entire PLA it will split into local fractions and enter a warring period. Things will eventually settle down and get better, and loads of rich people will get killed off which will solve some of the wealth inequality problem, but until then things will be messy.

Azrail26232

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If the CCP falls it's definitely not going to be peaceful. Large amount of land, massive army, loads of resources up for grab? Without a central power to control the entire PLA it will split into local fractions and enter a warring period. Things will eventually settle down and get better, and loads of rich people will get killed off which will solve some of the wealth inequality problem, but until then things will be messy.
Worse, it's a nuclear power, so any schism will lead to at lead to one would-be warlord getting their hands on a nuclear button. At a minimum China could end up nuking itself as factions tear each other apart, worst case some smart cookie tries to use their nukes to gather outside funding/support/recognition, and we start seeing nuclear materials on the black market and in terrorist hands.

Saburo M

Reputation score
i am a Japanese commodity trader which used to work in Hong Kong and Chang Sha.

what u are witnessing today is thanks to the deceit of the CCP. people would like to think that 'oh, its a HK thing and it would not affect our lives far away."
when buying out your businesses and politicians is cheaper than expending missiles and troops they are subjugating your countries and ways of lives by subjugating your trade and economies first.

when they achieve that they will impose their will on your societies.

what is happening in HK now is just a preview of what would happen to your society if you choose to ignore and downplay their intent.

the west has convinced itself that it is the most evil civilization ever existed, the CCP is a hundred fold worse, worse than the Soviets and the Nazis of the previous century if you lived and made a living with the people which makes up for the backbone of the CCP party.

HK is the front line. When HK fall the free world is next.

Destroy the CCP, save the Chinese and free China hence save the world.

Make no mistake, the CCP is worse than the Nazis, former Imperialistic Japan and the Soviets combined. The media and politicians are clueless, most self proclaimed experts on China does not even know the language or draw water from the same hole with the CCP to understand how they think and what they have in mind.

Advice for people investing through German financial institutions in the EU, steer clear. EU financial institutions have been compromised.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
For Europe, many important infastructure parts have also been bought by China and Chinese companies with CCP backing. They are very obviously trying to take over and many people don't seem to really care
For small countries, not much can be done. But a bigger one like Germany or France needs to get some laws against this, then the smaller ones can follow much more easily

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
Small update on the HK situation:
  • Beijing is going to implement some kind of national security law in HK by appending it to the Basic Law. The actual content of the law has yet to be announced, so we don't know what it will do yet.
  • A law that would ban insulting the national anthem is going through the HK legislative council. Since the pro-Beijing camp has the majority, the law is expected to pass. Rumour is that the final vote will take place on June 4th, i.e. Tiananmen Square Massacre Memorial Day.
  • The HK Government has annouced that the anti-gathering law, which was implemented during the epidemic and forbid social gathering of more than 8 people, will stay in effect until June 5th. This in effect forbids people from holding vigil for the Tiananmen Square Massacre. Last year 180,000 people attended the vigil held in Victoria Park.

Reactions: XSI