What's new

Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score
Re: A simple and elegant PbP game...

Personally, I thought drawbacks had were more like trade-offs in the descriptions, as they implied that they gave positive aspects as well as negative. I didn't understand the memory point system particularly well (which is why I had to revise so many times,) but one idea might be to make them less expensive than the standard traits, since those don't give anything negative.
Protip: They are less expensive.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

More less expensive.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I disagree, half-price is already pretty good. I just wish there were more ways to spend half a point, so if you take a one point disadvantage, you have to take another or have a half point left over.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

If I could say, I think there should be a few more quality's. There are only six after all. Not a big deal though, lol.

I wish I didn't have crappy writers block right now. I can't come up with any good character idea's or find any good pictures. Ah well, ill get this figured out soon enough.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Witch's Chess Out of Character Discussion

Edited my character slightly, having finally figured out what I retardedly missed at first, to better reflect what happened.

Also, is it a problem that her melee weapon is specifically a machete? Using a machete is more like using an axe than it is like using other long bladed weapons, but I understand the need to minimize the number of different skills for simplicities sake.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually upon some research, a machete is usually classified as a "knife/dagger" or a "cleaver-esque" sword. Personally I'm inclined to go with the latter more, as a machete I believe it matches more characteristics with swords than other weapons, but if you have an argument for it to be classified as an axe I'll hear it.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Going to be experimenting a bit with different styles of intros. Bear with me a bit if each person's scenario is written in a different fashion :p.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually upon some research, a machete is usually classified as a "knife/dagger" or a "cleaver-esque" sword. Personally I'm inclined to go with the latter more, as a machete I believe it matches more characteristics with swords than other weapons, but if you have an argument for it to be classified as an axe I'll hear it.
Exactly my point, I have no idea which skill it should be in. How about we just go with knives? It's the weapon I'm most comfortable with in melee anyway.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Go for it then, and make the necessary modifications.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Done.

Lol, love the charred skeleton with a letter in its mouth. For some reason, it reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

The Lady has a twisted sense of humor and a love for terrorizing mortal human beings. I originally intended on Claire being in the middle of buried alive...but decided against it...

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, with 1 strength that might be kind of a problem. Unless there was some alternative way of escaping rather than just digging herself out.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Not to mention digging yourself out doesn't tend to be very effective (Given the way that medieval era coffins often have scratch marks on the inside). Also, yeah, Jen isn't the most optimistic little thief.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Fufufufu... and also one whose good luck is about to run out according to this roll... Congratulations on being the first to get a encounter with a 10% chance of getting one...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

All I can say is: she's going to be grabbing the knife and running (Unless it's the corpse that attacks her, in which case she'll just run). Jen's my character typically designed along the lines of 'Aw, poor thing. Do you need a hug?'.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Going to grab some food real fast before I continue updating. Be back in 15-30 mins.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay.

OP
Keylo

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Well then, back.

Going to write up Pale and Incubus's scenario, then update the rest as I go along.

BurningGold

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm glad I could finally get a character in. I wanted to make her as different as I could from my AWMBI character. What do you guys think?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Tastes like chicken.

Really, though, the character looks fine, although I'm somewhat wondering where stealth comes from. Your character doesn't seem to be the stealthy type. (She's happy and carefree, why is she sneaking around?)