What's new

RPG Active RPG Maker [Yeehaw Games] Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Looks like February will be the last month for Ouro. Despite my best efforts, it looks like my skills are still lacking to make a more complex game like Ouroboros Syndrome. Interest dynamics are too negative to ignore, and a recent drop in support proves the point with the elegance of a sledgehammer. It may sound funny, but on 1 fresh follower for Ouro, I get about 3 for Yorna even if the game didn’t receive updates for ~ 8 months. This is huge. So, I’m putting Ouro on hold.

I understand some players will be greatly disappointed at this decision, yet it’s the only correct one. Ouro’s updates are much harder to make due to animations and a difficult setting. And this affects not only me, but artists too. Since Ouro’s results are negative on all fronts, I don’t see a reason to stubbornly cling to it and make life harder for everyone involved.

For what’s it worth, I’m sorry. It looks like I still suck at more complex game designs and should stick to easier ones. I won’t attempt something like this in the future until I’ll get a dedicated game designer’s help.

So, what’s next? Yorna EX version will be transferred to the public status shortly after and I will continue the original development cycle with monthly updates like it was prior to the EX version and Yorna’s final content pack.

I’ll return to developing Yorna and make something like an addon for it. Most of the new content will be after the final battle with the final boss and the “real” ending with cutscenes. I’ll adapt the logic, so players won’t need to start over to access new content.

This “addon” will have around 6-8 months of content and expand the original story and finish with enhanced endings. It will introduce new characters along with putting extra episodes for existing monster girls. Otherwise, you can expect “standard” Yorna content packs with new monster girls, funny cutscenes and new lands to explore.

After the “addon”, I plan to make another game with monster girl theme that will be similar to Yorna in several ways yet will bring several new features and gameplay elements. Positive mood and sandbox gameplay (akin to Yorna’s) will be the main focus.

Stay tuned for updates and don’t forget to participate in the !

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Will you return to Ouro once your skills have improve?
The game is on hold, not canceled. It’s hard to say when Ouro will be transferred back to the active status, yet it will happen someday. The biggest problem at the moment is lack of manpower with experience and most likely Ouro or LoC will require a dedicated game designer’s help at least on a part-time basis.

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello! V1.0.5 monster girl poll is over and it’s time to check the results. The first place goes to with a huge lead of 47 points. The second place goes to with 23 points while is close behind with 22. leads the second trio with 18 points. managed to collect 12 and finishes with only 10.

Don’t worry if your favorite didn’t make it in the next update and stay tuned for news! You can easily check for new posts with the ”Poll” tag filter by simply clicking it on the left part of Patreon’s page.

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
for Ouro is up for grabs, don’t forget to get your rewards! You can expect Yorna’s EX version to go public during the week. It should be around the middle, but the exact date will depend on my workload.

I drafted out addon’s story and started implementing it in the game itself. You can expect the classic gameplay with several new additions to the mix.
3 new characters will join Yorna’s cast. The first one is Werewolf monster girl picked during the mongirl poll. Two others will be plot characters, codenamed “big fluff” and “small fluff”. Any ideas who that might be?

Some artists will require a bit of time to properly adapt for Yorna’s rhythm so I’m not sure how many H scenes we’ll get for v1.0.5. I will try to get two while one is guaranteed. Future updates will have at least 2 H scenes in them.

Also, I did a number of improvements from the original EX version based on player feedback. For example, I made a new ledge in the desert zone with resource nod on it so players could easily understand that roots/vines can serve as paths too.

Improved several hints from the help menu and renamed the first floor of Mortimer’s tower to help in navigation. Added sparks to interactable rubble during the search for Desona so players would immediately understand what’s new in the zone.

As for the global map, I added a small path towards Oni’s sand caves since some players had trouble finding it. Expanded the map to show more water on the right side and demonstrate whirlpool disappearance once Yorna is defeated.

Changed alchemy crafting lab in Ada’s room. The default room will reduce crafting cost for all potions. Some players didn’t understand that money cost for brewing implied smaller consumable ingredients like wood, coal or bottles to hold the liquid. Since getting too strong too fast is no longer an issue, Ada’s upgraded room will allow you to brew them for 0 coins.

Players no longer will be able to use the 30th save slot for manual saving to avoid possible confusion when the autosave feature was overwriting your data. You can still use this slot for loading purposes. If you try to use it for saving, you’ll hear the standard negative buzzer.

New characters 0 / 3

New H scenes 0 / 1-2

New puzzles 0 / 1

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Yorna v1.03 is up and ready for download. You can get it here:

Windows – |

MacOS X – |

Linux family – |

Android – |

Don't forget to copy your whole save folder inside the new release!

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Just played this
Pretty good, good enough for me to play through the whole thing in a single sitting
The difficulty curve was incredibly weird though. First boss fight fairy was hard and I needed all the potions I could get, then everything else except the last boss was smooth sailing often without even needing to heal for most of their fights. And except one that I forgot the name of, mage girl. That one was harder than the final boss

I don't have much to say about the lewd bits because I didn't really encounter much of those. I just kept winning so never ended up getting to that. The give up button helps a lot in unlocking those though
Definitely a fan of the cute interactions the girls have in the castle, but I'm not sure if I've seen them all. Maybe a gallery for those? I don't know. I ended up wanting to see more Ayane ear rubs than I wanted to see sex scenes

Good humour too for the amusing scenes. Not too blunt, not too subtle, and not out of place

Last edited:
OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Just played this
Pretty good, good enough for me to play through the whole thing in a single sitting
The difficulty curve was incredibly weird though. First boss fight fairy was hard and I needed all the potions I could get, then everything else except the last boss was smooth sailing often without even needing to heal for most of their fights. And except one that I forgot the name of, mage girl. That one was harder than the final boss

I don't have much to say about the lewd bits because I didn't really encounter much of those. I just kept winning so never ended up getting to that. The give up button helps a lot in unlocking those though
Definitely a fan of the cute interactions the girls have in the castle, but I'm not sure if I've seen them all. Maybe a gallery for those? I don't know. I ended up wanting to see more Ayane ear rubs than I wanted to see sex scenes

Good humour too for the amusing scenes. Not too blunt, not too subtle, and not out of place
Glad you liked Yorna :) Kinda sad that sex scenes weren’t interesting enough for you. As for their acquisition, normal enemies must defeat you while bosses give you an item (looking like a heart) to unlock their scenes in the gallery. I decided it won’t be interesting to play through the game just to see other variations of bosses’ scenes.

Cutscene gallery is technically possible but will require a lot of time and effort to do since I’ll need to setup a pack of zones and change a lot of logic to isolate cutscene strings from usual game logic. I made a memo for the future reference, maybe it will be possible closer to addon’s end. No promises aside from bringing new funny moments with monster girls ^^

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score
Glad you liked Yorna :) Kinda sad that sex scenes weren’t interesting enough for you. As for their acquisition, normal enemies must defeat you while bosses give you an item (looking like a heart) to unlock their scenes in the gallery. I decided it won’t be interesting to play through the game just to see other variations of bosses’ scenes.

Cutscene gallery is technically possible but will require a lot of time and effort to do since I’ll need to setup a pack of zones and change a lot of logic to isolate cutscene strings from usual game logic. I made a memo for the future reference, maybe it will be possible closer to addon’s end. No promises aside from bringing new funny moments with monster girls ^^
Sorry if there is a misunderstanding, it was not that I wasn't interested. I went back for them after that and checked out the gallery. I just didn't encounter any during my first playthrough except the first fairy. Most of them were pretty good and the ones I didn't enjoy were just not my taste
The riddles were great too, I've found them to be easy, but that is a personal thing of mine where I collect riddles and am somewhat good at them. When I told a few of the ones ingame to a friend they were stumped. The riddles were implemented well in varied ways and I liked them a lot

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Sorry if there is a misunderstanding, it was not that I wasn't interested. I went back for them after that and checked out the gallery. I just didn't encounter any during my first playthrough except the first fairy. Most of them were pretty good and the ones I didn't enjoy were just not my taste
The riddles were great too, I've found them to be easy, but that is a personal thing of mine where I collect riddles and am somewhat good at them. When I told a few of the ones ingame to a friend they were stumped. The riddles were implemented well in varied ways and I liked them a lot
Don't worry, all good. Looking at the feedback, riddles are very personal elements. Some players love them, others outright hate them. I tried to find difficulty balance for both groups but it's pretty hard.

Reactions: XSI
OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Yorna v1.0.5 is up for download! Aside from the new story content and customary puzzle & treasure hunting, players will meet 3 new monster girls on the new island. Did you love Ayane? Well, now Ada will have 3 kitsune around. Will she be able to contain herself? Existing monster girls will get some love too, including players’ favorite mini-cutscenes.

You can get the new version .

You don’t need to start over if you already finished the game in v1.0.3, both new players and veterans can continue the story. If you finished Yorna in the previous version, just check out the ”Help” function in the on-map menu. The hint will lead you to the next step in the docks. Otherwise, Ada will make a new comment after defeating Yorna.

H content

This update brings two new scenes with the werewolf. They use the same logic is preview scenes: normal and slutty variations based on Ada’s lewd level at the moment of getting the scene. Don’t forget you can use items to adjust Ada’s lewd level.

You can find new scenes after all H events on the main island. This way, you can easily distinguish between the main game and addon’s content.

Since v1.0.5 is a switch-over release, it has a smaller amount of H content yet I’m planning to return the usual 4 scenes per update in the next content pack.

Gameplay changes

Alt no longer turns on the auto-battle feature. Some players were pretty surprised during alt-tabbing out of the game but from v1.0.5 it’s no longer an issue.

Changed alchemy crafting lab in Ada’s room. The default room will reduce crafting cost for all potions. Some players didn’t understand that money cost for brewing implied smaller consumable ingredients like wood, coal or bottles to hold the liquid. Since getting too strong too fast is no longer an issue, Ada’s upgraded room will allow you to brew potions for 0 coins.

Ada’s physical skills like overpower or enrage will no longer be sealed during silence effects. Now, these work as intended and allow bigger damage output even if you can’t use spells.

Interface changes

Players no longer will be able to use the 30th save slot for manual saving to avoid possible confusion when the autosave feature was overwriting your data. You can still use this slot for loading purposes. If you try to use it for saving, you’ll hear the standard negative buzzer.

I decided to switch the default scene length to the shorter option. This change will only affect new players since they don’t have any save files. Others won’t be affected - you don’t need to do anything to keep your preferred settings.

All Android versions no longer use the default RPG Maker icon. I hope it helps with identification on your phone/tablet.

Added the “Non-silenced” category to Ada’s skill menu so players could check what options they will have under the “silence” effect.

Fixed an issue with combat surrender’s positioning. Now, r letter is no longer cut out.

Small fixes and improvements

I did a number of improvements from the original EX version based on player feedback. For example, I made a new ledge in the desert zone with a resource node on it so players could easily understand that roots/vines can serve as paths too.

Fixed visual glitch during the map loading process when players could see the map before the internal logic made its magic. Players should no longer see graphic switches during the map loading.

Improved several hints from the help menu and renamed the first floor of Mortimer’s tower to help in navigation. Added sparks to interactable rubble during the search for Desona so players would immediately understand what’s new in the zone.

Added a small path towards Oni’s sand caves since some players had trouble finding it. Expanded the map to show more water on the right side and demonstrate whirlpool disappearance once Yorna is defeated.

Medium mana potion no longer shares the icon with weak mana potion.

Stay tuned for upcoming dev plans and the new monster girl poll!

savedata

Reputation score
Surprised I haven't noticed this one earlier, it's an actually nice game, Not enough h-games focus on monster girls and a female protag. Although I feel like toys are a bit meh when we're interacting with monster girls, they should give you a wider array of more interesting things to use, the other girls H scenes were really good.
It's nice you can skip the mansion stuff entirely, h-games have been rather restrictive of lately, not letting you actually chose what content you want to see and just forcing everything on you, but It seems I couldn't do the vagabonds side quest because I skipped that as well, not sure if it's an oversight or intended, but if it's intended I'd still rather skip.
The story and characters were enjoyable enough, the extra interactions between Ada and the girls were cute, Ayane being easily the top 1.
The combat was alright, as XSI mentioned, the fairy took me to poundtown, and then from there on I just stomped the rest of the game, perhaps the magic/tank 0 slut level build is too strong? not even the final boss really managed to damage me, but I always believe H game should focus on H, at most you add difficulty levels for those that want a challenge on top of H.

Last edited:
OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Hello! In this development month, I’ll focus on improving logistics and internal logic while returning to the previous update size.

I’m looking for a new artist to improve the art base since there’s no such thing as too much art. The main goal is to get back to 4 scenes (2 events with 2 versions each) and I would be happy to lay out a foundation for the next monster girl game.

As for the content changes, you can expect classical releases with new dresses, zones, weapons, puzzles and optional activities like treasure hunting. Kitsune clan will receive a new quest line akin to vagabonds and Octa church. I’m also considering adding a new ”maid job” scene for the mansion but its appearance depends on artists’ workload.

Mio, Leary and Momo will form a “small & cute” group to make childish-funny moments in the story and present another side of monster girls. Of course, this doesn’t mean other girls will have less scene time. You can also expect Sarana’s reincarnation.

Also, good news for players who don’t like Patreon and don’t want to use it. I’m resuming work on the Steam version and with a bit of luck, it may appear in the shop. No promises though, since game content will always come first.

As always, stay tuned for updates and don’t forget to participate in the ongoing for v1.1!

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Hello! v1.1 monster girl poll finished a few hours ago and it’s time to check the results.

The first place goes to with a giant score of 58. The second place is occupied by fierce with 32 points while takes the third one with 16. leads the second trio with 12 points. only managed to get 8 and finishes last with only 4.

Don’t worry if your favorite didn’t make it in the next update and stay tuned for news! You can easily check for new posts with the ”Poll” tag filter by simply clicking it on the left part of Patreon’s page.

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
is up for grabs, don’t forget to check it out!

Artists are hard at work, and we should expect the first art pieces to arrive during the week. So far, I planned the usual pack of 2 new events, each of them with two variations, and the new artists are working on a mansion/brothel scene. I can’t say she’ll make it into this release but is he does, I’ll prepare the narrative and put it in as an extra.

Tech-wise, I’m working on the main maps for the new release and so far I finished about the third of them. I also plan to roll out a new map type - semi-labyrinth. If I’ll have time to prepare everything, I’ll see it as a part of optional questline for furballs on the Ikko island.

As for the puzzles, this time I decided to go with immortal classic - rolling stones. The boulder kind. Since some players found puzzles rather daunting, this will serve as a pretty easy breather between the hard ones.

v1.1 will bring a new feature - FAQ and feature button in the main menu. Some players didn’t find the FAQ file I put in each release and played without using quality of life features like auto battle, textbox hiding or Ada’s sprite concealing. So, I decided to make a separate button for this.

After hitting the FAQ button, the game will open a new window with the information. To make the file automatically accusable on all desktop platforms, I remade it into the txt format. Hope it will help with your playthrough and make it more enjoyable.

Fixed a typo in Pandarian dress’s description. Stats, skills and visuals are the same.

New monster girls 0 / 2

New H scenes 0 / 4-6

New puzzles 1 / 1

New dresses 0 / 1

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Artists are entering the final phase with 2 scene previews coming during this week along with a dress. Since COVID fucked up the daily life, their schedule moved a bit closer to the release. Still, at this moment, I’m aiming at the usual 14th – 16th March for shipping out the new content. If something changes, I’ll make a separate info post.

All of the main story maps are ready and I’m working on encounter logic. After finishing this section, I will spend my time on the new labyrinth mini-event to test it out and get some feedback.

Scene-wise, I’ve prepared the narrative for the new brothel scene and waiting for the art to fully implement it in the game. It will be a classic hetero 1 on 1 lewds to mix with all the yuri stuff from the last two updates. Now working on Sarana’s scene with a rather interesting pose. Rope suspension, anyone?

Also, v1.1 will bring the first step of kitsune shrine maidens’ optional questline and a new dress. Similar to Octa church and the vagabonds, you don’t need to complete it to progress with the main story, but it will bring its own rewards and funny scenes.

As for the new “FAQ” feature I mentioned in the previous report, I also adapted it to run on mobile devices. Since mobile build uses partly different logic and file structure, I wasn’t sure if I could make it work. Now I do and v1.1 will have this feature across all supported platforms.

Fixed partly cut 3rd text line for skill and item descriptions. Their logic stays the same.

New monster girls 1 / 2

New H scenes 0 / 4-6

New puzzles 1 / 1

New dresses 0 / 1

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Yorna v1.0.5 is up for download. You can check out changelog and get the game here:

Windows – |

MacOS X – |

Linux family – |

Android – |

Don’t forget to copy your entire save folder into the new release to keep all your progress.

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Most of the art has already arrived and I’m currently waiting for 2 scenes: kejourou’s and another maid job in the mansion. All other pieces are already in the game, you can check them out in preview posts.

Map-wise the release is ready with the exception of new mini-cutscenes with monster girls. Working on several ideas. Most likely the new content pack will get 2 such events. The new labyrinth-like zone is finished too – if players will like the idea, I’ll add a similar area to upcoming releases too. I’ll use the rest of the time before the release to playtest and polish it.

Added new alchemy brewbook and the most powerful potions. Added strong potions to castle’s and Ikko camp’s vendor lists.

Added Miko dress, it will be a pretty interesting choice for a mage with good stats and a passive skill that boosts magic attack and defense.

Added new hidden treasure to the new “Crystal mine” zone. It will be the new focus map for v1.1 – don’t forget to check out your inventory and dig up the cache!

Adjusted “Features” interface on mobile platforms, namely moved scroll buttons towards the middle of the screen for better comfort.

New monster girls 2 / 2

New H scenes 2 / 4-6

New puzzles 1 / 1

New dresses 1 / 1

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score

Yorna v1.1 is up for download! Aside from the new story content and customary puzzle & treasure hunting, you’ll find 2 new monster girls and 3 fresh H scenes. Hanako starts preparations for the Sealing ritual and Ada will play her part to help the furballs.

You can get the new version .

H content

The update brings 3 new H events with 2 options each. So, 6 in total. The first pair is tied with Kejourou in the new explorable location – the deep mine on Ikko island. The second pair features Sarana and her boss fight. The third pair is inside the mansion’s basement – check out the rooms to find the new encounter.

New features

v1.1 brings a new feature - FAQ and feature button in the main menu. Some players didn’t find the FAQ file I put in each release and played without using quality of life features like auto-battle, textbox hiding or Ada’s sprite concealing. So, I decided to make a separate button for this.

After hitting the FAQ button, the game will open a new window with the information. To make the file automatically accessible on all platforms, I remade it into the txt format. Hope it will help with your playthrough and make it more enjoyable.

Also, v1.1 will bring the first step of kitsune shrine maidens’ optional questline and a new dress. Similar to Octa church and the vagabonds, you don’t need to complete it to progress with the main story, but it will bring its own rewards and funny scenes.

This questline line will feature a new labyrinth-like subzone. If players will like the idea, I’ll add a similar area to upcoming releases too.

Added new alchemy brewbook and the most powerful potions. These will help you beat even the most powerful enemies. Added strong potions to castle’s and Ikko camp’s vendor lists for convenience.

Minor tweaks and fixes

Added Miko dress, it will be a pretty interesting choice for a mage with good stats and a passive skill that boosts magic attack and defense.

Added new hidden treasure to the new “Crystal mine” zone. It will be the new focus map for v1.1 – don’t forget to check out your inventory and dig up the cache!

Adjusted “Features” interface on mobile platforms, namely moved scroll buttons towards the middle of the screen for better comfort.

Fixed partly cut 3rd text line for skill and item descriptions. Their logic stays the same.

Fixed a typo in the Pandarian dress’s description. Stats, skills and visuals are the same.

OP
YeehawGames

YeehawGames

Lurker
Reputation score
Okay, another release pack is out and I’m drafting out a plan for the next dev months. So, let’s check it! Also, don’t forget to participate in the for version v1.1.5.

Ada will continue working with kitsune and learning their ways. Their optional questline will receive an update – Ayane will have a new task for you and a pretty interesting reward for completion. As usual, the new update will bring new monster girls, weapons (including the special staff), a puzzle and treasure hunting. I’m thinking about a new experiment with labyrinth-like zones too.

Tech-wise, I’ll be focused on polishing existing mechanics and preparing the foundation for new gameplay elements. Even if Yorna won’t be able to receive them, these will be useful for the new game after the addon content will reach its final stage.

Some players mentioned pauses after hitting a scroll button in the new “Feature” window. I’ll check it out and make a hotfix version if I’ll be able to find the problem and its cause.

I'm negotiating with a new artist right now. if all goes well, he should be able to participate in v1.1.5. I thought that COVID didn't fuck them up as much as other professions, but it's not quite so. Now, some artists get too many commissions to handle.

Steam version should be up during the next month. I already prepared everything for distribution and Steam is currently running internal checks before allowing me to present Yorna in the store. There is some optional stuff left like achievements, but it can wait for now. I’ll make a separate info post once it’ll be ready.

Stay tuned for upcoming updates and news! It would be great to hear what you think about the game. It’s the same as always, if you don’t like something – share it with me so I could potentially fix it. If you love Yorna – share it with your friends!