What's new

RPG Patreon Active RPG Maker [吉国大輝 / Yoshiiki] Petals of Rose

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

This is a little something I have been working on for a while.
Yes, it's one of those RPG Maker games.
So, what's the point? What's different?

First of all, big focus on story and characters development through the game, and not just that, it's branching story (don't worry, you can ignore everything and just go for lewds, that's also a route).
Second, would be dialogue poses, as I mostly see just one pose + faces + clothes. Screw that, doing it like I decided to do makes MC more expressive in my mind.
Third, as there is a focus on a story, there are dialogue images for most NPCs, I just hate when I see only heroine while she talks with someone.

Story overview:
Welcome to Rieat, a fantasy world where the eternal battle between the Legendary Hero and the Demon King takes place whenever they are reborn again. Each time they clash, the world’s fate hangs in the balance… And so it should be this time… But so far, the new Hero hasn’t been found and Demon King is already making a move!

Our story begins with a girl named Rose, peasant born in Manura Kingdom, who decides to confront Demon King herself and prove that no one needs Legendary Hero. You play as Rose in a story that changes with your choices. You can be as bad as they get or as good as you can, but your actions have consequences. You can make her a shameless girl that loves sex, and exhibitionist that takes pleasure in exposing herself… or both! Her clothing can be torn in various levels of damage that will be visible both in battle and during dialogues.

Petals of Rose is story rich game that will take you on a long journey through various countries, to help Rose get stronger and face Demon King himself!

Some images (warning, big images, not all scaled down xD):

What's planned for this game?
  • Big story, big branching story!
  • A lot of characters.
  • Sex scenes. (obviously)
  • More clothes/underwear/weapons.
  • Clothes damage.
  • No game over until you finish the game, though, MC will still be punished for loosing... hehe... (Don't worry, it won't come only in a lewd way)
  • Battle system:
    • Clothes damage NOT based on MC's HP, because come on, that's weird.
    • Summoning weird ancient creatures - Those join party only during battle and keep sucking your mana, but can turn the table.
    • Custom drawn monsters and enemies.

Download link(s):
Petals of Rose - 0.1.4c + Hotfix 3
Only MEGA links:
| |

UPDATES:

3-September-2018
0.1.4c reupload with applied hotfix. Added update roadmap to the blog.

Things to do:
0.2 without too much of health damage xD

Old updates:
12-July-2018
0.1.4c public release. You guys thank all patrons that voted for the game to go free-to-play. xD

26-June-2018
Version/Update 0.1.4b dropped as a patreon only release.

19-June-2018
Version 0.1.4 dropped as a patreon only release.

28-March-2018
Added hotfix for demo resolving issue with one scene. If you downloaded the game earlier, grab the fix and extract inside game folder (yes, overwrite).
If you are not sure if you need to update: Check README.txt if you don't see a game version there, you need to update. Other way is during title screen, bottom right corner, if it says 1.0, then you need to update.

06-March-2018
So poses for battle - attack with weapon and without weapon are done. All clothes that were already available are also done.
Current plan is exactly as "Things to do" with same order of doing.
Image in this posts, rest will be in same or somewhere below.
https://ulmf.org/forum/hentai/under-...79#post1750379

26-Feb-2018
Giving some love to Mac and Linux users.
Keep in mind that I did not test it on those systems. It's an option in RPG Maker to release game for those (as well as for Android/iOS), so I used it.
If you have some issues, let me now. I may install those OSes (probably Ubuntu for Linux distro) either normally or as a virtual machine and check how it works.

25-Feb-2018
Finally. Took a while, but demo is here, 3 different links because I can. Would be earlier but I had didn't had enough time until Saturday for playtests. Now, I hope I didn't fuck anything up or left any unplanned debug npcs. But if I screwed something up, let me know and I will release update so you don't have to download everything again.
Anyway, it's 9am here and I have been sitting on this since morning yesteday, so I will be back after few hours of sleep.
Feel free to share your comments on the game and I hope you will enjoy it :]

22-Feb-2018
Going through everything again, with few complete playtests, just to make sure demo works fine.

17-Feb-2018
Ok, as soon as I am done with new title screen, I will drop working demo... Yes, yes, I am making it as after looking dozens of times at the old one, it's started getting annoying at how shitty it looks. But hey, I have lineart done, so only worst part to do (colors, background, some fancy looking game name...)

25-Jan-2018
6.31 UPDATE - fixed some found bugs.
I will keep dropping updates for now as they weigh less and it's faster to upload them.

24-Jan-2018
Fixed more bugs, finished Shop and all events related to it.
Redrew micro-bikini outfit.
You can now buy lockpicks from a villager at night.

23-Jan-2018
Updated hotfix as it didn't have all needed files. Now it should work. (Thanks Mr NunSense!)
6.21 didn't had those issues so no update here.
Also, a note, if you have problems with game taking a lot of space in memory over time, let me know. I did try my best to keep it low, but it may still go up to 1-1.2GB... though, it should clean itself much faster. And I can't exactly drop idea of pre-caching images, as they lag as fuck without that, to the point where Rose can be seen without clothes in dialogues for split of a second, because her image is composed of a lot of layers (then add multiple poses to that).

22-Jan-2018
Added hotfix for 6.2 and link to 6.21. If you don't want to download whole thing again (221 MB), just grab the hotfix (403KB).
This version should be easier on memory as image cache cleanup is much more aggressive.
Plus few small bugfixes on found issues (Thanks Byzantine!)

Links:

| |

Extra note due to some antiviruses screaming false positive:
Ad-Aware
Arcabit
ALYac
BitDefender
Emsisoft
eScan
GData
MAX

Will scream false-positive because of one plugin (Galv_ImageCache.js), just so you know.

If you are using one of the mentioned software, keep that in mind as you may need to add it to exclusion.
Rest of the files don't trigger anything.

Rest of unimportant stuff:
Who is responsible for making this?
Some random dude on the Internet, safe to assume it's OP of this post. Previously was making [REDACTED] and [REDACTED], none related to game development.

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Saving space, for future stuff.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score
;) Its true the bug list might get even bigger than Tiger Woods sex acusations in the future but il try to help to eliminate at least some of them...Im not trying to help only to see Marley teach Rose some hand waving in circural motion magic bed trick...not at all! :p

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Haha, I hope not xD
But it's just super hard to test everything when the story branches so much :p
Still, thanks for help!

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Like who? xD

Also, I think I will be updating after each time I am done with next tier of waitress event until it's finished. Also, at that point demo will be complete.
May take a while longer as I am adding extra whole scene to it, so I am in the process of drawing it atm.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Later, much, much later.
And if you played through main story event (maid), depending on what you did, you may have seen that one already set up :D

And a note, I will just be done with stuff that's missing and release a complete demo, as there is not as much complicated branching to test for waitress event.
Though, I need to think of a way to add waitress to recollection room so it makes sense, because branching/ero-stats and "only CG" is not going to be enough :p

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Small update on this.
So I am done with all events, fixed caching in recollection room and added waitress event to it too.
But I also added extra room to recollection. It shows all possible routes for story event, which one player took and after the event: summary of whole route.
Summary doesn't spoil other routes and route can be viewed on the go (do sub-event, save-> load, do sub-event differently and save). As it's saved globally, just like sex events, progress/summary(if unlocked) can be viewed at any time.
Only issue is that I have to write summary for all combinations and there are total of 20 of those xD
Well, as soon as I am done with it, I will drop link to finished demo. :D

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I just downloaded v6.3 and unpacked v6.31 over top, and there's a bunch of missing images (400, 401, 402, 0, 1, 2) and Rose's body is missing from under the facial expression sheets.

Not yet drawn, or packaging mistake?

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
That's an error from my side, as those images should be in game, even without 6.31, (bodies and peasant clothes used all around the game).
Would help knowing where you did encounter that, but I will take a look if it's still in latest version I am working on so it's not there when I release it. Or maybe a hotfix for 6.31 in the meantime.

EDIT: OK, I do see an issue here.
Seems like after using automated "unused files removal" to lower size, I forgot to copy over images, because Rose's poses are shown using my plugin, so RPG Maker didn't include all needed files.
Give me few minutes so I can update 6.31, though it will be 25+ MB because of that...

EDIT2:
Done, I posted it as 6.32 and it has all needed files in it (mostly images that weren't moved over).
Should be playable now, sorry for the issue :/

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Quality is shit, because recording is shit...
Also, this is not what I had in mind when I decided to just draw new title screen... This went way too much into different direction xD

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
1- Somehow I got a save where I skipped part of the Baron's quest? I thought I "just" agreed to help Albert, talked to Vizar, worked at the tavern, and spent the first night and then 1- I saw Elsha leaving the castle, repeatedly, and 2- I skipped straight to the dialog with Vizar if "Vizar_6" flag was set. But I can't reproduce this now at all

2- Ro'Medantis's old english when you first meet him seems a little off gramatically? Getting some some "thee" and "thou"s backwards.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
1- Somehow I got a save where I skipped part of the Baron's quest? I thought I "just" agreed to help Albert, talked to Vizar, worked at the tavern, and spent the first night and then 1- I saw Elsha leaving the castle, repeatedly, and 2- I skipped straight to the dialog with Vizar if "Vizar_6" flag was set. But I can't reproduce this now at all
First of all, thank you for your time and response.

This sounds like leftover after redoing the demo (yeah, it was "ready" at one point, so this is actually a second one), as I was reusing switches [flags] to not make tons of them, but it backfired. I went through every single event and redone whole thing, so I hope I didn't left anything. But, can be a bug from earlier version... Seems like I need to go through those things before releasing demo and make sure it wasn't old save with false flags.
Not being able to play normally is annoying, so I would rather check everything again than go with: "Oh, maybe it was a one time thing".

2- Ro'Medantis's old english when you first meet him seems a little off gramatically? Getting some some "thee" and "thou"s backwards.
Can be as I didn't have time to do a proper research into old speech and just went with Shakespeare like translator for now. It's a flavor thing, like with peasants where I try to give them this bigger or smaller slang-like form of dialogue. I am trying to keep it correct as much as I can and most of the time, to not overdo so it's not annoying for a player.
But I will have to go through with this every time when character is some "ancient" being, so it may be wise to research this topic earlier than planned.
Some editor would be nice to proofread all dialogues :p

One thing that I do want to ask though - How was it? The game itself so far (in case you feel like not dropping spoilers, BBCode spoiler tag works :D)? Asking, because making it fun is quite important to me.
Oh right, I also made a discord server a while ago for this, planned to drop it with demo itself, but I don't see why I shouldn't do it now.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Not being able to play normally is annoying, so I would rather check everything again than go with: "Oh, maybe it was a one time thing".
.... Oh, hey, it was the KO'd guy lying on the ground, there for testing. He sets Vizar_6 and another switch.

Some editor would be nice to proofread all dialogues :p
<_< >_> I don't want to sign up for a full proofreading, but I am willing to help with the archaic english (because it's fun to me)... but fair warning: I don't have any actual scholarly background in this, just what I've picked up from other people working with archaic english.

The biggest things are:
* thou is just like "I" or "he" or "we"
* thee is just like "me" or "him" or "us"

e.g. the first time Rose summons Ro'Medantis he says "Thee did summon thy servant, mine own Mistre-" and I think that should start with "Thou didst"
similarly later on in that conversation, "thou givest"
All the "eth" in that dialog feels off to me. "liveth"? "ranketh" ? "questioneth" ? The ones at the ends of nouns seem wrong to me, the ones ending verbs I just don't know at all.
I believe "thee mortals" is wrong; it looks like it should be "ye" as the plural subject of the sentence.

(The other huge thing is that there was almost no uniformity to english as spoken in that time... BUT something as common as pronouns would be consistent)

One thing that I do want to ask though - How was it?
I liked it!

There were a few things here and there that felt off:
Historically, we know that there was a ... er, vibrant business in selling small capsules of chicken blood to dupe husbands into thinking that their wives were virginal, and Rose's drumming out feels off in that context... BUT in that same context, a woman's hair was always hidden so we're already horribly inauthentic

It annoyed me that Rose doesn't remember to tell the Baron in time to shield him from Elsha's machinations, but I admit I don't know how you could possibly fold that forking path in.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
.... Oh, hey, it was the KO'd guy lying on the ground, there for testing. He sets Vizar_6 and another switch.
It's my fault. I left event for testing... *annoyed at himself*
Well, since I already decided to go check everything again, it won't hurt doing so.

<_< >_> I don't want to sign up for a full proofreading, but I am willing to help with the archaic english (because it's fun to me)... but fair warning: I don't have any actual scholarly background in this, just what I've picked up from other people working with archaic english.

The biggest things are:
* thou is just like "I" or "he" or "we"
* thee is just like "me" or "him" or "us"

e.g. the first time Rose summons Ro'Medantis he says "Thee did summon thy servant, mine own Mistre-" and I think that should start with "Thou didst"
similarly later on in that conversation, "thou givest"
All the "eth" in that dialog feels off to me. "liveth"? "ranketh" ? "questioneth" ? The ones at the ends of nouns seem wrong to me, the ones ending verbs I just don't know at all.
I believe "thee mortals" is wrong; it looks like it should be "ye" as the plural subject of the sentence.

(The other huge thing is that there was almost no uniformity to english as spoken in that time... BUT something as common as pronouns would be consistent)
Don't worry, if I will be able to afford someone for editing/proofreading, I will do so, but I appreciate that you looked into it.
Hmm... Wikipedia says thou "is a second person singular pronoun in English", same with "thee". So that definitely needs a proper research from my side.
Yeah, those "eth"s do feel weird. Also, this is the ""translator"" I used and I still had to make more than few liberties with end result.
I liked it!

There were a few things here and there that felt off:
Historically, we know that there was a ... er, vibrant business in selling small capsules of chicken blood to dupe husbands into thinking that their wives were virginal, and Rose's drumming out feels off in that context... BUT in that same context, a woman's hair was always hidden so we're already horribly inauthentic

It annoyed me that Rose doesn't remember to tell the Baron in time to shield him from Elsha's machinations, but I admit I don't know how you could possibly fold that forking path in.
Great! Making it enjoyable is important to me, so I am glad to hear that so far I am on right track :]
Oh yeah, not only that, as soon as she would leave and people realized that there is a peasant without a lord, it would be a big issue. But, as you probably already saw, there is this struggle nobles vs peasants, as it gives me some options - because who cares what happens to some peasant girl? (Also, yes, peasants here are kind of mix between serf and peasant).
Still, if I went with more accurate depiction of such times, it would restrict me a lot. xD
And with all honesty, it saves me the issue of making sure that for every sex event she can loose her virginity :p

Actually, that route was planned in a very early stage, but at that point, Marley wasn't even in the story and her first prototype later as a character was some old wizard. So it changed a lot in that matter and then Marley became really important so I had to give her a "reason". Though, Rose does say she needs to look more into this "issue" after talking with Elsha. From my perspective it made sense, considering that there was one thing after another happening and she simply got caught in all of it and forgot. Still, I need to keep that in mind and write such stuff that it's way more obvious.
Then again, Rose does say it was her fault for not telling him.
But hey, depending on the route, it can end ok much later :D

Whew, it's not easy to write without spoiling everything :p

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Hmm... Wikipedia says thou "is a second person singular pronoun in English", same with "thee". So that definitely needs a proper research from my side.
I have no idea what your native language is, nevermind whether it's inflected. But pronouns in English (even modern english) are one of the few things that remains inflected, with different forms depending on the role the word serves.

(This is true in all the other languages I've looked into, too, but they're all western indo-european ones)

That's the biggest difference in archaic english: more of this inflection (and associated verbal conjugation) is present. And people ever used the familiar singular person, whereas it's basically only used now in theological contexts.

At some point in the past I thought the distinction between "thy" and "thine" was whether the following word started with a vowel sound, but I don't see anything now stating either way.

Yeah, those "eth"s do feel weird.
Found this link:
Still not clear what "eth" is doing appended to the nouns. Looks like the 'translator' being confused about what part of speech those words were?

Of course, one needs to stick close enough to modern english to still be intelligible. And chaucerian english isn't the same as shakespearean english.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
Uff, now that some stuff is done, let me reply as I didn't know how to bite this.

I have no idea what your native language is, nevermind whether it's inflected. But pronouns in English (even modern english) are one of the few things that remains inflected, with different forms depending on the role the word serves.

(This is true in all the other languages I've looked into, too, but they're all western indo-european ones)

That's the biggest difference in archaic english: more of this inflection (and associated verbal conjugation) is present. And people ever used the familiar singular person, whereas it's basically only used now in theological contexts.
Hmm... Maybe I am getting this wrong, but wouldn't that mean there is an issue from my side? I mean, not being as good in using English? Well, I won't disagree because my skills leave a lot to desire.
Anyway, yes, it's the same here and I would say even more complicated, since a lot of words can have male/female suffixes/versions and same goes for expressing other things, so from my perspective English often is quite neutral... Unless I got this totally wrong and just saying dumb bullshit xD

At some point in the past I thought the distinction between "thy" and "thine" was whether the following word started with a vowel sound, but I don't see anything now stating either way.

Found this link:
Still not clear what "eth" is doing appended to the nouns. Looks like the 'translator' being confused about what part of speech those words were?

Of course, one needs to stick close enough to modern english to still be intelligible. And chaucerian english isn't the same as shakespearean english.
I would take a risk and say that the translator just has a database of words and simply switches them around, so it may influence whole sentence a lot. I did try to read and make sense for everything.
But now since I looked more into it, most of the script will need correcting, though I will rather attempt it after proper research so I correct it once or twice and not dozens of times as it would waste too much time.

I am grateful that you pointed it out as I would probably not realize this for quite a long time (or maybe even not at all, because of too many tasks at once, so priority drops for smaller things).
Also, if I sound incoherent, don't worry, my brain didn't explode (yet), it's just lack of sleep xD

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I don't think your English skills are lacking? It's not like you screwed up sentences in modern English, at least not that I noticed.

Here's a simple one:
"Nay Master. Ones thee speaketh of, art the Creators."
should be
"Nay, Master. Ones thou speakst of, are the Creators."

If you rewrote it as though Rose were informing herself, in modern english, she would have said
"The ones I speak of are the Creators"
she would not have said
"The ones me speaks of are the Creators"

"thee" is like "me"
"thou" is like "I"
"I" and "thou" are the subject of a phrase, usually the agent.
"me" and "thee" are the object of a phrase, usually what is being acted on.

Maybe the problem is that "you" in modern english doesn't change form much. It's same regardless of whether it's singular or plural, subject or object:
"You run", "He kicks you"
and thus the "translator" just got it all wrong?

This one is a bit messier:
"Wherefore art thee seemeth shocked, Master?"
in fluid modern english, it would be
"Why do you seem shocked, Master?"

There's a bunch of things all tied up together, making this one sentence more complicated.
"do" is a helping verb, and is usually not itself translated.
So I'd say a more fluid conversion would be "Wherefore seemst thou shocked, Master?"

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I don't think your English skills are lacking? It's not like you screwed up sentences in modern English, at least not that I noticed.

Here's a simple one:
"Nay Master. Ones thee speaketh of, art the Creators."
should be
"Nay, Master. Ones thou speakst of, are the Creators."

If you rewrote it as though Rose were informing herself, in modern english, she would have said
"The ones I speak of are the Creators"
she would not have said
"The ones me speaks of are the Creators"

"thee" is like "me"
"thou" is like "I"
"I" and "thou" are the subject of a phrase, usually the agent.
"me" and "thee" are the object of a phrase, usually what is being acted on.

Maybe the problem is that "you" in modern english doesn't change form much. It's same regardless of whether it's singular or plural, subject or object:
"You run", "He kicks you"
and thus the "translator" just got it all wrong?

This one is a bit messier:
"Wherefore art thee seemeth shocked, Master?"
in fluid modern english, it would be
"Why do you seem shocked, Master?"

There's a bunch of things all tied up together, making this one sentence more complicated.
"do" is a helping verb, and is usually not itself translated.
So I'd say a more fluid conversion would be "Wherefore seemst thou shocked, Master?"
I did plan to get some sleep, but it can wait.

I am sure some sentences are screwed up somewhere, statistically at least I should have more than one.

So I took a look at how this translator deals with you/your to make sure and it's thee/thy while "I" and "me" doesn't change at all.
That's how it changed "No, Master. Ones you speak of are the Creators." into "Nay, mast'r. Ones thee speaketh of art the creat'rs" and then I changed "mast'r" and "creat'rs" to how it is.

Anyway, that "thee" weirds me out, because of this: saying it's an archaic form of "you" and that's also what I always thought it was. And now I am learning that it's like "me" which is confusing as hell xD

"Wherefore seemst thou shocked, Master?" Yeah, this does sound more fluid. Translator being confused is also a huge possibility, just in example:
Original: Why do you seem shocked, Master?
Translator: Wherefore doth thee seemeth did shock, mast'r?
Sounds like a weird mashup.

And right now I am collecting data so I can later go through all of it. Of course, there is a lot of it, like:

And many more, but I am done linking xD
It will take me a while to learning and understand. But hey, as soon as I will feel that I more or less know how to correct its speech, while trying to keep pattern it's, I will do that. Luckily, it doesn't have that many lines in game. For now at least.

Last edited: