What's new

Yoshiiki's meh drawings.

LustFire

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
Re: Yoshiiki's meh drawings.

I.. didn't completely understand the context of the image you provided, but I went ahead and did my own. :p

So, from what I learned, you need to try to connect your limbs by demonstrating the muscles/tendon and bone anatomy somehow. The biggest problem was the left bicep, and its foreground position is not helping with the image quality. Also, I personally think the bicep is too thick and the arm too short in general. I have a feeling you're misguided to think the bicep is "thicker" than the forearm, but this exaggeration usually works for males only.

Another issue I recommend looking into is "hidden" objects (e.g. the right arm). I'm assuming it was simply an incomplete work, but it's a good habit to know the "background" of the foreground, especially with the entire character body.

Outlining is also hard work. It's especially confusing with the back spine since it depends on the camera angle, but keep that in mind.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Figuring out problems isn't... a problem :p

Eyes don't work with this perspective.
Her bust is too high and too much bloated.
Shoulder/arm too short and too small.
Her back is just broken.
Finger joints are misplaced af.
There is no abdomen.
Leg too thick and other one not thick enough...

So tbh, that didn't help at all xD
But, it gave me a good idea.

I am well aware of every fail on every draw. I know how it should be, I just can't imagine how it should be.
Hmmm... Analyzing all of those makes me think that I went too optimistic and/or too easy going. Oh well, sooner or later I would get to that conclusion, especially since my gut was screaming for quite some time that something is of.
I am assuming a lot of it is just frustration over switching to nicotine-free e-cigs, yeah, let's blame that xD

Anyway, I need to take 10 steps back and redo all of this, but first I need to improve my skills... though, no idea how I am going to do that right now. Oh well, I will figure something out xD

No pain, no gain :D

However... it would be nice figuring out how my brain does this in a completely blank state.

Yet I can't force it to draw what I want. xD

EDIT:
So here is an interesting idea that someone told me. To help stimulate brain into being able to better visualize body parts and connecting them: "Grab modeling clay and pretty much try doing figurines."
And tbh, it really is quite interesting, sculpting everything together and having actual body in front, covering every view.
I will give it a week and see how it works when mixed with more practice.

It's actually nice to have someone not only pointing out stuff, but actually providing his take on it. Much better than "It looks nice/ok" or "It's shit". Made me think of few things :D
Probably reason why I tried to build body/muscle structure on few of my pics yesterday and realized "there is something wrong/off" and I wasn't aware of it. Or I was but left it ignored.
So yeah, may not look like much but actually this thread was way more ̶l̶u̶c̶r̶a̶t̶i̶v̶e̶ (yeah, my retarded English) beneficial to me than I could hope (it's the small things :D).

This effing clay is getting everywhere and it gets worse with water xD

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It wasn't even a half of a week and I am already back >_>
Though, I think I am getting general idea why fucking around with clay and making figurines makes a lot of sense for this.

I will just leave this here...

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

It's been a while... Anyway, I am back.

Well, mostly just looking at what I posted compared to this newer sketch.

This is old version

And this is new one...
I think this random "I am gonna go and improve myself" went better than expected xD.
Especially her face... *weaboo/self-appreciation mode=true*
So moe, I almost feel bad that I want to use her in many weird sex draws... Well, almost xD

tricky

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

looks more dynamic for sure.
I'd like to see the color version.

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I will post completed (colored and stuff) version as soon as I am done redoing all clothes that I had done for previous one... and considering I spent a big chunk of time this week on games and populating/scripting first village... well, other than few practice sketches, I didn't do much in terms of draws.

Mr NunSense

Lesbian Admirer
Reputation score

Loks like she just gained the "feisty" title thanks to the diferent hairstyle. Good, good

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Loks like she just gained the "feisty" title thanks to the diferent hairstyle. Good, good
Good, because that was the general idea, somewhat tomboish, feisty... and maybe a little bitchy. Though, I already retouched that hair here and there.
I still think about tits reduction on top of reduced hips.
Then I am kinda forced to keep her proportions "adult-like"... Why? Because I can get into jail if she can't pass as 18+. Yes, for a good damn drawing, retarded laws in a retarded country xD

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I am constantly reminded that people shorten my nickname to just Yoshi... so...
For shit and giggles, a Yoshi :D

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Oh right... I was supposed to post colored/complete version of that sketch...
No, I didn't forgo... mkay, I did...

Though, that was 3rd iteration of same character and recently I had to redo it, because reasons.

But yeah, here, colored one

I know shadows aren't unified across all of them, but that's because now I can choose best looking ones (matter or copying/switching layers).

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Daaaamn that looks good, H-game good! :D Going to have to change the thread title at this rate ;)

And shadows aren't too noticeable really, looks like she's just shifting about slightly

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Oh right... I was supposed to post colored/complete version of that sketch...
No, I didn't forgo... mkay, I did...

Though, that was 3rd iteration of same character and recently I had to redo it, because reasons.

But yeah, here, colored one

I know shadows aren't unified across all of them, but that's because now I can choose best looking ones (matter or copying/switching layers).
Nice work of character design! If I may say something I'd pay some attention in arms' length. They look a bit too short compared to the rest of the body.
However the work is great overall.

Are you working on some kind of game? Also, what's that character's name?

Keep it up!

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Nice work of character design! If I may say something I'd pay some attention in arms' length. They look a bit too short compared to the rest of the body.
However the work is great overall.

Are you working on some kind of game? Also, what's that character's name?

Keep it up!
Those still look too short? Damn and I already made them much longer to what those were in initial sketch xD
I had a lot of fight with my brain not adjusting to position she is in... Right now I simply can't see it and to me it looks ok~ish... Need more mileage in drawing, but thanks for pointing out, otherwise I would not realize.

Yeah, it's H RPG, though right now I lack CGs for complete demo so I am not making threads and spamming about it all over the web. Just my humble link in signature xP

Her name is Rose, because game is called Petals of Rose (that cringy sex joke), and I plan to do very wicked and naughty stuff to her :>

Vicissitudo

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A good trick to check for errors is to flip the artwork. Artists used to do that since forever by placing their canvas in front of a mirror.
Nowadays with digital art's tools it's much easier and in this way you fool your brain which doesn't recognize the artwork as yours and lets you see all the mistakes.
I'm always open to constructive critique but I'm also afraid to do the same with other people's works since not everyone likes it.
Anyway I'm always available to help if I can! My experience isn't the greatest on the market but I'll gladly share it! :)

Last edited:
OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

A good trick to check for errors is to flip the artwork. Artists used to do that since forever by placing their canvas in front of a mirror.
Nowadays with digital art's tools it's much easier and in this way you fool your brain which doesn't recognize the artwork as yours and lets you see all the mistakes.
I'm always open to constructive critique but I'm also afraid to do the same with other people's works since not everyone likes it.
Anyway I'm always available to help if I can! My experience isn't the greatest on the market but I'll gladly share it! :)
Don't you worry, I have been hit with critique from /ic/ and 4chan isn't known for kind words, so I can take a lot :D

Flip artwork... That's something I need to try out and see (after I am done unpacking and setting up my stuff xD), because after some stuff I have seen that worked, it makes sense :D.
Though, I wonder if buying arm for my tablet makes sense, as I try to literally turn whole thing while forgetting I can just rotate canvas xD.

Right now I am trying to get as much mileage as possible, getting some muscle memory, working on perspective and trying to make use of anatomy knowledge, with last two being hardest to do so far. Brain vision to hand to "paper" translation is hard.
But as they say, no pain, no gain :D.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

pretty good stuff

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

pretty good stuff
Thanks, I am trying my best :D

So I was checking ULMF on phone last time, looked at those poses again on smaller screen and... Yup, I can see how short those arms are.
Especially compared to crossed arms/covering it just looks retarded.
Forearm looks more or less fine in length, but upper arm? Well fuck me hardly and without love (jk, please don't), those are short.
It bothers me and as I just set everything on my desk after moving to new place, I will sit down and correct that (and few other things I saw just now).
But I don't have idea when, my place looks like a bomb hit it, with my stuff everywhere, so I need to deal with that first xD Though... do I really need to?

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Due to some shit I haven't been around :p

But I will just leave this faceless bunny here.

Damn... faceless would work better with nurse outfit, because reasons *cough* Silent Hill *cough*
There are more clothes on mah blog, but I am too lazy to copy paste...
nvmd, maybe not that lazy:
underwear
clothes
sketches for maid/armor

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Does the second from the left in the third set of images really count as "clothes"? ;) But nice detail on all of them, Smexy :3

OP
Yoshiiki

Yoshiiki

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Does the second from the left in the third set of images really count as "clothes"? ;) But nice detail on all of them, Smexy :3

Actually, if you take a quick look it's same as first one, just missing top and skirt :D
I only needed it for dialogues in event xP
But while I was at it, I thought "why not? Seems smexy :D".