What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

@Torkenstein and TheByQ: Oh, I'm way ahead of you guys! I consider trickery and manipulation as key components in the path of corruption. Tricking Aylia into sexual situations will feature heavily in the game. It is something I absolutely love. Taking advantage of naivety for the guy's gain.

Aylia is naive about the world, being trapped for so long. Bogwort will try to use this to his advantage. His personality I hope would have suggested this already. But, rest assured, there will be lots of devilish trickery at work. This is also where player choice will come in at times, in taking the role of Aylia and deciding whether she believes him or not.

@Praak: Honestly, I have no clue as to what the problem is. I've not had anyone else report the issue. Perhaps you might be best served to just wait until Chapter 1 and see if that resolves the issue. Beyond that, make sure you have VX ACE RTP, and not just VX.

@Lazycat: That would be nice, but I doubt Odin's Sphere was as complex as Aylia's Story. For me to set it up so that you could jump to say a key part of chapter 3 or 4, you would literally have to changed hundreds of switches to account for the player choices along the way. It would not be a matter of just 1 or 2 minor flags. I probably went a bit overboard, but the world is incredibly dynamic, to the point that I'll be surprised if more than maybe 5-10% of people ever see all the content I've put in there (not talking about CGs, but dialogue, etc.).

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

@Lazycat: That would be nice, but I doubt Odin's Sphere was as complex as Aylia's Story. For me to set it up so that you could jump to say a key part of chapter 3 or 4, you would literally have to changed hundreds of switches to account for the player choices along the way. It would not be a matter of just 1 or 2 minor flags. I probably went a bit overboard, but the world is incredibly dynamic, to the point that I'll be surprised if more than maybe 5-10% of people ever see all the content I've put in there (not talking about CGs, but dialogue, etc.).
It definitely was not complex '. ' well, if the game will have complex web of flags to decide which route you ends up with (reminds me of Yukari's games - - the chart on those can get quite massive) then frankly it's impossible to make a jump point.

You might be able to do something like using public data to hold flag of certain conditions to unlock 'cheat' to make plowing through the game again faster (Innocence Break did that with the not-true ends, where I can load up a pre-clear save and still find the unlocks from clearing)

Not the best solution, but should be pretty easy to implement especially if you will separate save file and gallery file.

Darian

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Sure, but what people here are doing is the total opposite of that. I think we've had at least five people asking for specific fetishes, which is pretty normal. But then we've also had people demanding more of her sexual history, and now pregnancy and NTR content.
If I may, I didn’t ask for her sexual history but for her relationship history. Something big happened in her past and it will necessarily have consequences in her story, especially when it comes to men (plus, if it has no consequence why not making her a virgin? Just to be a dick to those who want her to be?). Moreover I think that if she had a boyfriend then they are still together, he’s still alive and she’s looking for him, otherwise there will be a discrepancy in her character.

I don’t think asking for a well-rounded character is the same than asking for a specific fetish. In fact I’m sure it’s not, according to the heavy barrage of “neg rep” I got for daring asking a question not 100% sex related.

because a lot of those people act like entitled children who feel that their opinion matter the most
But my opinion DOES matter the most, since it’s what I think and my opinion matters the most.

Good luck finding a flaw in that logic.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And excuse me for my ignorance and impudence YummyTiger, may i ask you a question?
May i know how many experience you have in writing sexual scenes of any fetishes, prior of working on Aylia?
Writing in general, I've been writing for years. It is one of my passions, and there was a time when I thought I might be able to produce a novel. Who knows, maybe someday.

I'm a perverted bastard I guess, because when I wrote, I always put a sexy twist on things. I started writing for Literotica a few years ago, and got positive feedback on my stories. That was quite important in spurring me to release things for public consumption, which is hard for me to do. The free editors on Literotica are fantastic, and I've had wonderful experiences with them. They've helped me improve quite a bit. Beyond that, I frequent Critique Circle quite a bit and have spent a good amount of time editing other works. That also has improved my writing a lot.

One issue I've been working on is not going overboard writing. My past writing has been outside of a video game context and lacked pictures. That meant the need to describe the scene was more important, but in the video game context, it becomes needlessly wordy. In fact, I'm trying to be more efficient in writing across the board. We'll see how successful I am.

immahnoob

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any prostitution elements?

Xil

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Hey Yummy, your 2.5k pledge says something about a "dark" path. Is that one of the three paths you were talking about or is something completely different?

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hey Yummy, your 2.5k pledge says something about a "dark" path. Is that one of the three paths you were talking about or is something completely different?
Yes, this is one of the three paths. It will be quite a bit different than the other two.

Thanks for the compliments to those who recently tried the demo. Just wait until the next release, I promise if you liked the prologue, you'll love it! It is looking like an early January release now. I have a public post on my Patreon about it, but long story short, my 18 month old son was in the hospital last week. I'm taking some time for my family, and will resume working on the game after Christmas. To those wondering, my son is home, happy and healthy now.

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Just something I want to ask for clarification, but is Eliandre just a fancy way of saying elf or is it something else entirely?
Also are you gonna make it so that it's impossible to get through the game without being corrupted?

raska42

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Just something I want to ask for clarification, but is Eliandre just a fancy way of saying elf or is it something else entirely?
To the best of my knowledge, they physically look like elves, but the species's lore doesn't hit all the 'standard' elven stereotypes. Decide for yourself if that means elf to you.

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

To the best of my knowledge, they physically look like elves, but the species's lore doesn't hit all the 'standard' elven stereotypes. Decide for yourself if that means elf to you.
Could you link me to said lore so i can see for myself?

viciouswaffel

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Could you link me to said lore so i can see for myself?
Lore 1:

Lore 2:

I don't know if these will help though :eek:

and he may have made a pre-lore1 lore post =^.^=

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Also are you gonna make it so that it's impossible to get through the game without being corrupted?
Kind of, but I didn't want to be beholden to all the elven "standards." Really though, in the game, pretty much all other species refer to them as elves. The Eliandre just believe themselves to be higher than all other races, so they also have their fancy name for themselves :p

Lore Post #3 will be going up this weekend and is detailing all that is known on the Eliandre (from a human's perspective). It will lock in some of the lore stuff I've been outlining.

Yes, it is possible to get through the game without getting corrupted. No, this would not mean you won't see any H-scenes. First, you'll still see Rival scenes, as many quests or either or, either Aylia gets screwed or the rival. Also, there are sexual opportunities that Aylia initiates! I know, in an H-game? Hold the phone...

Lastly, on the 1 year anniversary. Above all else, thank you for all your support and enthusiasm. It has been a bit of a downer in how long this has actually taken to put together. I'm shooting for the stars a little here, and that makes development for one person quite demanding. I also had my first child last fall, and quickly learned that a newborn takes A LOT of time. In the next few months, I plan on running my first pledged update, and at that point, I'll start the process of going full time. That will be a HUGE boost to development. It'll also allow me to start setting up commissioned things like sprites, programming, music, etc. The stuff I suck at.

Oh! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope everyone is healthy, happy, and has a wonderful day.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The stuff I suck at.
And all the time i was thinking the only thing you suck at would be coming up with reliable release dates ;)

jk, have some nice days with your family :eek:

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

And all the time i was thinking the only thing you suck at would be coming up with reliable release dates ;)

jk, have some nice days with your family :eek:
Hah! No, see those things I listed, I just "suck" at. Meaning, I can still attempt them with semi-mediocre results. When it comes to defining release dates, I'm fucking abysmal! Meaning, I should not even try :p

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i'm so hyped for this that i'm like a bunny on drugs checking everyday even though i know what day is going to come out...can't help it though
Please note that December 30th is no longer the planned release date. My apologies, but my 18 month old son was hospitalized about two weeks ago and I stopped working on the game. He is fine, and he was released a few days later. It scared the shit out of me and I chose to shelve the game for Christmas and focus on spending time with my family.

I actually working on it now, just taking a mini break and looking at the forums. So, progress is starting up again, but I did not really work on the game at all for nearly two weeks. You'll see the long lost Chapter 1 in January, but I just wanted to remind people in case they missed the post a page back.

Thanks.

shadowthief

Lurker
Reputation score

@fushan: Don't be too disappointed on the virgin thing. I'm telling you that it probably won't be that big of an issue. Aylia's never given oral, she's never done paizuri, she's never done anal, etc. You'll get to enjoy a lot of her reactions to those firsts, which should more than make up for the virginity thing. Additionally, for the virgin hunters out there, you'll get the opportunity to experience Triste, Kira, and probably Lynne losing their virginity.
I don't know I'm kind of disappointed(actually mighty disappointed) at this...when you said the game was inspired by Virgin Island I thought it would have a virgin heroine and such...I am not a "virgin hunter" but I do rather enjoyed playing games where loosing the main heroine's virginity is optional(or even better avoidable if the player is skilled)I find it as a challenge to first finish the game that way...adding a couple of virgin girls in the mix on a linear route..is no remedy for that.
plus I consider most game makers/cg artists of games that add a mandatory virginity loss scene or non existence of virginity,rather lazy...because they chose the easy way out(99% of those I don't bother to buy because of that belief of mine)...instead of coding a few parameters (or a lot depending on the complexity)and adding a few altered cgs(with a bit of blood) with said scene...(that's why I consider games Like "Virgin Island" and "Virgin Protection Magic" the best of their kind out there)...
Anyway I for one as a weirdo among weirdos would prefer this game to have a virgin heroine...it makes it all that much more fun at least for me.

now onto the concerns other people have...I will have to agree with them...once a girl looses her virginity she is pretty much waaaay more comfortable with all kinds of sexual acts(save the most freaky ones)...and a thousand fold more likely to have sex with someone random(since none will ever know the difference any more) ...I speak from experience :S . the fact that she hasn't done oral or paizuri before doesn't make it any better (in my opinion)...

anyway sorry if my post sounds douchy as all hell,I never meant to insult you or your team with this(I do understand that this is a free game and people should not have any demands off of it ,plus I do commend you for that at least). I am just mighty disappointed that another game that had potential got ruined(for me) and just had to express is somehow.

I wish you good luck on your game and hope that you might just reconsider on your choices (though I won't be holding my breath).

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know I'm kind of disappointed(actually mighty disappointed) at this...when you said the game was inspired by Virgin Island I thought it would have a virgin heroine and such...I am not a "virgin hunter" but I do rather enjoyed playing games where loosing the main heroine's virginity is optional(or even better avoidable if the player is skilled)I find it as a challenge to first finish the game that way...adding a couple of virgin girls in the mix on a linear route..is no remedy for that.
plus I consider most game makers/cg artists of games that add a mandatory virginity loss scene or non existence of virginity,rather lazy...because they chose the easy way out(99% of those I don't bother to buy because of that belief of mine)...instead of coding a few parameters (or a lot depending on the complexity)and adding a few altered cgs(with a bit of blood) with said scene...(that's why I consider games Like "Virgin Island" and "Virgin Protection Magic" the best of their kind out there)...
Anyway I for one as a weirdo among weirdos would prefer this game to have a virgin heroine...it makes it all that much more fun at least for me.

now onto the concerns other people have...I will have to agree with them...once a girl looses her virginity she is pretty much waaaay more comfortable with all kinds of sexual acts(save the most freaky ones)...and a thousand fold more likely to have sex with someone random(since none will ever know the difference any more) ...I speak from experience :S . the fact that she hasn't done oral or paizuri before doesn't make it any better (in my opinion)...

anyway sorry if my post sounds douchy as all hell,I never meant to insult you or your team with this(I do understand that this is a free game and people should not have any demands off of it ,plus I do commend you for that at least). I am just mighty disappointed that another game that had potential got ruined(for me) and just had to express is somehow.

I wish you good luck on your game and hope that you might just reconsider on your choices (though I won't be holding my breath).
Nothing douchy or insulting in this post. You expressed something that you disagreed with in a civil manner, thank you. I can appreciate your concern. I do disagree with a few things, but again, I understand your viewpoint. I'd hope you will still give the game a try (since it is free after all), and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

There is a reason Aylia is not a virgin, it is not just something that I threw in there. I considered it and decided that in her centuries of life, she'd had a partner who was chosen for her by her clan. I won't go into much more detail, but it is what it is. I don't have any plans to change it. I do plan for my next title to feature a virgin heroine, because that is the story I am setting up.

My disagreement though is with your comment that once a girl loses her virginity, that she is WAY more comfortable with sex in general. This can be the case, but it is not always the case. Aylia is not really that comfortable with sex, as it was not something the Eliandre focused on. They considered it carnal desire and that they had advanced beyond such simplicity. They engaged in reproductive sex and that was all. Believe me, she is not comfortable with sex in general, and is very naive in regards to all the new ways mankind (and goblinkind) have found to ravage the female body.

Finally, nothing in this game is set to be very linear. Kira and Triste's routes are not linear. They weave in and out of the story, and Aylia's action influence their stories. They'll provide virginity losing scenes.

As I said, words can only do so much, you'll have to ultimately experience the game and see what you think. I truly believe it will not be as big of a deal as some people think, but I can understand their hesitation.

thswherizat

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

While I appreciate that Shadowthief stated his point in a reasonable way, I'm having trouble understanding how the lack of virginity really ruins the game for you that seriously. There's not that many games that make a big deal of a heroine's virginity like Virgin Island does, so do you just have to be extremely picky about the titles you play?

What about the game past that first virginity-scene?

Outside of that, I'm really liking the idea of a playthrough where I make Aylia d everything (and everyone) herself, and then another game where I make the rivals take all the cock for her instead. I'm actually starting the feel like the most "evil" route could also end up being the one where Aylia herself has the least sex, but forces the other poor girls in the village to do the dirty for her. Probably not what's planned, but a funny idea.

In regards to the comment about girls suddenly seeing sex as no biggie after their first parter - I don't think that's true in many cases. I know many women who fret about their "number" of partners and stress anytime they add someone to that list. It's still generally frowned upon for girls to have slept with many people in our society.

stoper

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Played the demo a couple of weeks ago and really liked it.
The first thing that hit me were the visuals, I'm not a fan of the art style, to be honest. Very simple colors and shading, also the main character's design is not to my liking.
But I'm glad I didn't give up on the game, because the rest was great. Quality writing, interesting characters, well crafted maps.
I like little things, like the short conversations that you get when interacting with various objects around the maps. It makes the two characters feel more alive and the game areas more vibrant, not just a drawing under your avatar.
The dynamic between the two protagonists is also very cool. At one point I was annoyed by the little guy's constant sex talk and the girl's reactions to him. I was like "dude, keep it in your pants for a at least a minute, will ya..!" "and you, the elf, stop being such a prude!" :) But that actually added to my attachment to the pair, because there was some depth to those virtual creatures.
The battle system is decent. I like the support role the little guy has and how it adds to the fight mechanic. I wish I could see the enemies' health bar tho', so I could plan my moves better.
I enjoyed the final interactive conversation between the two, at the end of the demo. It made me hope that I'll be able to influence the development of the characters, tame the green imp a little and make the elf loosen up a bit :)

Anyways, don't get railed up on me for not liking your art style and keep up the good work :) I'll definitely drop some coin on your patreon account.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Simple solution, just don't overhype it for yourselves :) Even the best of games/movies can be ruined by hype because they can't meet peoples expectations however good they are. Just go into it with a positive mindset, but not expecting anything, so you can be positively suprised.
That would be nice! I've been trying to tell people over and over again that this is a one-man show. Going in with too many expectations sets things up to fail. I can tell you without a doubt though that it will not be a 30 minute experience.

@stoper: "The first thing that hit me were the visuals, I'm not a fan of the art style, to be honest. Very simple colors and shading, also the main character's design is not to my liking."

That's fine, art is subjective. I don't see how when comparing the artwork in Aylia's Story to other RPG Maker games, it qualifies as "simple colors and shading," but you're welcome to your opinion. I will say that the standard CG in Aylia's Story uses a color palette of anywhere from 40-70 different colors. It uses a 3-4 color shading variation, and has far more detailed shading than 95% of the RPG Maker games I've played. I know, because I pull apart those games and look at the pictures in detail in an effort to grow as an artist. In fact, with "Hunters Quest," I literally had to dumb down my art in order to mimic the original author's style.

I think part of the issue remains that I draw these in 1024x768 or 800x600 and reduce them to 640x480. It changes the detail and shifts things like line size. Yet, I HATE drawing in 640x480 because it is too small and I'm too detail oriented. In the end, I know I can't please everyone, but I disagree that it uses "simple colors and shading." It is not Taka Tony by any means, but neither are 99% of other artists.

Last edited: