What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Yummy, let me troll a bit - how long did it take you to finish the Prologue?
That's a tough question. To finish the first version of the prologue, it took about 3 months of planning and learning RPG Maker, then about 3 weeks of actually putting it together. That was done in August 2014.

To put together a version that was ready for public consumption, it took about 2-3 months. That was done in December 2014.

To modify the battle system, complete battle artwork, figure out attack/defense planning, stamina, stats, etc. It took another 3 months or so. That was done in August 2015. (I was working on Chapter 1 at this point as well).

To revamp the artwork, edit the prologue, add a bit of content, it probably took another 2 months or so.

It's important to note that during all this, I had my first child and was working full time. That meant, there were many weeks where I literally worked on the game for around 2-4 hours. I'd say, I averaged about 5 hours a week on the game overall. It takes a LONG time to complete something like this working 5 hours a week. That's why I ran the April pledge, and moved part time. I'd never have finished otherwise. This Fall, I'll take the plunge and complete that $4,000 tier goal of going full time. I just have to take it slowly, considering I'm not a bachelor and others are affected by my decision.

NOTE: Why is this trolling?

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Why is this trolling?
Well, I don't know, I'm not very good at banter :rolleyes: May be like "Oh, you've done that faster than this"? But I'm not very good at calculating either.

Maelion77

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I can only agree with the time consuming thing when you have a full time job. Learning RPG Maker mechanics, creating everything from maps to events with a story to hold all the things...

RPG Making is fancy and eye candy but most people don't know how much time, sweat and hard work you can put into just a single event to make it working fine...

1baka

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

true story Maelion77.
as a programmer i know the amount of time everything takes.
now Yummy can prioritize this job, but even so, its not easy.
im sure its quite complex to keep all the variables, all the events that is happening in the game to make it dynamic for us when we play. thats a challenge.

this is a game Yummy is making, not just a translation. art, scripts, story, sounds and everything need to merge together into a game.
we want to play, and we want it now, but we need to understand that a game takes time to make, especially a well thought game with many ideas and content.

what i want is a great game and i hope it get finished and its exactly what Yummy has planned, using all the time he need to make it as good possible. i would hate it if Yummy need to make a half-done release just to please people that can not wait.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

By the way YT, is the YummyCub a boy or a girl?
sadly, its a bogwort.
luckily it isnt that horny yet, cause you know ... its a baby.

archedio

Sex Demon
Reputation score

by the way, i have a question, and looking a few pages back, and reading the first page, i cant find the answer..
is this game will be a complete solo player (excluding the pervert goblin) ?
or the MC can invite other character to join her party in the future? like hiring a mercenary or inviting friends to aid her in battle..

xellos49698

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just want to say I'm impressed with what you got here.

Take your time, it's not like there no other hentai games out there worth playing in the mean time:)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

by the way, i have a question, and looking a few pages back, and reading the first page, i cant find the answer..
is this game will be a complete solo player (excluding the pervert goblin) ?
or the MC can invite other character to join her party in the future? like hiring a mercenary or inviting friends to aid her in battle..
Aylia and Bogwort will be the only two ever in the battles. It will be possible to wander around town without Bogwort in certain circumstances, and there will be times Aylia is accompanied by other people, but they won't participate in battles.

@AngleBoi7: I have a son. Part of the delay for everything also had to do with the fact that I also did not realize just how little time I would have after he was born. Combine that with just how much work there is to do, it was a perfect storm for terrible predictions and missed release dates.

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH HYYYYPEEEEE
Aylia's art looks stunningly superb Yummy, you've clearly improved the past few months and I think this will just help fuel the instoppable Hype Train hahaha. Good job man can't wait for the game!

Naughty Otter

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

this will be my first reply, for the first time in 3 years (i think), i will say that i love your work!, your art is my inspiration to draw hentai :)

pls dont stop, dont quit! you can do it :D:D

EggsBenedict

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Dat camel toe... Where is that stick figure erection gif I used a while back it is relevant again.

Exa

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could you please stop hyping us so much?

Most of us will have a heart attack before you release it.

karmaldia

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Could you please stop hyping us so much?

Most of us will have a heart attack before you release it.
At this point I am pretty sure my brain has died waiting for this. Only my erection is keeping me going.

Said it on Patreon I'll say it here. Full marks on improvements. Arm length is perfect, shading is amazing, love the facial expression, camel toe is a gift from above.

Oh what I'd give to have someone in game comment on that camel toe, and see Aylia die from embarrassment. Something like "Dear lord Aylia, you're practically eating those panties."

Any who ending my just woke up 5am rant. Lets see if I can make it through the last 7 of my 14 day stretch of work without a murder.

kazpor

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I have to say that looking at both images the quality difference is quite big.

The game was already interesting in the prologue thanks to the story and now after art revamp it also looks really, really good, on par with art from well established and professional artists.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The main good point since start is the way yummy draft bust of girl in a lot of work a lot of people (generally man) make the error of forget gravity or make it like it be center in reality girl bust have kilo and going out

It only me or i have feeling of they have two different emotion?The old one have fear and surprise the new one only surprise

The old one was a little anorexia

ps this draft is not a hype because is the same of one that make a long discussion about pantie but if all cg is same level of quality i can wait 2/3 month for it (but after is star to be long)

Last edited:

bigtotoro

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The comparison is interesting, you've really improved and I liked the portraits even as they were. Those curves. Does Bogwort also get an upgrade to make his nose sexier? :D

One observation I have: the expression on the left seems a bit more cartooney but also more expressive to me. The one on the right is obviously better drawn and still... It's probably because they are different expressions. New is like a blank surprise, old is surprise mixed with "is that a potato sack? i'm not wearing that" :D

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

them curves thou, so hyped out for the chapter btw...i can wait though :cool:

AllenAndArth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The comparison is interesting, you've really improved and I liked the portraits even as they were. Those curves. Does Bogwort also get an upgrade to make his nose sexier? :D

One observation I have: the expression on the left seems a bit more cartooney but also more expressive to me. The one on the right is obviously better drawn and still... It's probably because they are different expressions. New is like a blank surprise, old is surprise mixed with "is that a potato sack? i'm not wearing that" :D
the legend of the potato sack will live forever:cool: