What's new

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

I wish. No, it's your standard run-of-the-mill 88 mph variety.
Now we just need to wait for some lightning strikes to get those 1.21 gigawatts and we'll have played Aylia's Story a year ago.

i'm somewhat shocked to see the amount of patrons that decided to jump off, even tho Yummy said he expected something like this ...
~ 200 patrons and 2k money less, from what ive seen last.
I don't know if they "jumped off".
Maybe some couldn't pay this month, expecting the first update to be for free. Of course there were some shady people, trying to deny yummy his money, but it doesn't always have to be worst case.
Have some trust in your fellow fappers. Some might come back. (So we reach the minigame goal!)

Last edited:

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Now we just need to wait for some lightning strikes to get those 1.21 gigawatts and we'll have played Aylia's Story a year ago.

I don't know if they "jumped off".
Maybe some couldn't pay this month, expecting the first update to be for free. Of course there were some shady people, trying to deny yummy his money, but it doesn't always have to be worst case.
Have some trust in your fellow fappers. Some might come back. (So we reach the minigame goal!)
"Shady people"? While I am a backer, that statement is hateful towards those who are interested in what YT does, but cannot or do not want to give money just yet.

Also, he is charging without having offered nothing just yet, if RL got in the way and he would find himself unable to bring the chapter in May, he will have charged an update a month before it's out.

Also, it's not his money, it's ours, backers have the final word always.

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

"Shady people"? While I am a backer, that statement is hateful towards those who are interested in what YT does, but cannot or do not want to give money just yet.

Also, he is charging without having offered nothing just yet, if RL got in the way and he would find himself unable to bring the chapter in May, he will have charged an update a month before it's out.

Yeah shady might be the wrong term, but there was no hate involved in that statement.
However, I think that it's not nice to pledge and then not pay on purpose. Some people might be like: "Alright I'll get this amount of money so I can spend that on upgrading my stuff to produce faster in the future and I will have that to cover my living expenses."

But suddenly you miscalculated by 2,000 dollars, which is a lot of money.
In this case Yummy seems to have seen it coming, but there might be some people that get really hurt in the bank account from that stuff.

Also taking part in the polls and influence the games a little is part of being a backer as well.
Those people got that service and were able to vote on stuff they wanted to be implemented for free.
In the end they got more than the other free users..

But like I wrote before, some might have a good reason to not have completed pledge, like monetary problems.

Now wrote this for just 1 word from my previous post... anyhow, I'm happy as long as I get the game when it's finally done! ;)

MaZeW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Didn't YummyTiger say the first chapter would be free anyway?

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yup and afaik nothing changed about that, but backers get it a little bit earlier. I think it was 1-3 days if I remember correctly. Not 100% sure, though.

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

read the statement on patreon.
hes charging for the hunters quest translation, which wasnt supposed to be free from the start.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The most likely reason for the drop in pledges is bots; every month I get at least $200-300 in new pledges specifically from bots, and it's new bots each time, and they always decline each time.

(You can tell they're bots when they pledge to the highest level available that's under $100 (as $100 and up insta-charges you), and if they have 0 "Good" on the site as well, along with having an email that sounds like garbled letters with 3 or 4 periods in the email etc.)

Also, quite a few people get declines when the system first attempts to take their pledges; like now, we dropped from $6,000 to $5,100 in accepted pledges, BUT in about 2 weeks from now, a good $300-400 will come through as people fix problems with their cards/bank account stuff, or just simply re-try the pledge entry.

There's even three or four people that ALWAYS decline on the first time Patreon tries to take money from them, and then they have to manually re-submit the pledge, and it works fine (not that i'm mad about this, but it illustrates that some people's banks/cards just are funky with Patreon and the initial "start of the month" drop isn't fully accurate for multiple reasons)

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I'd say give it time, usually my card gets charged without any problems, but once in a while it takes 3 days or more for the pledge to take, not sure why just one of those things.

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The drop is probably due to the fact that this pledge was for Hunter Quest 1, not for his game. Some people probably weren't interested in a translation for HQ, so they didn't pledge. I myself felt the need to raise my pledging amount because of the sudden drop and the loss of 8k milestone. Bye bye food and hot water D:

Keep

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

The drop is probably due to the fact that this pledge was for Hunter Quest 1, not for his game. Some people probably weren't interested in a translation for HQ, so they didn't pledge. I myself felt the need to raise my pledging amount because of the sudden drop and the loss of 8k milestone. Bye bye food and hot water D:
#worth.

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I think the 8k this month came again, a little after the Ayla story release,it is the best game by far

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This is the first pledge that has been ran since I created the YT Gaming Patreon in December 2014. People pledged over a year ago, I am not surprised that a good portion were declined. I've probably accumulated a good deal of bots in that time as well. Honestly, I was anticipating it to be around 5,000 when all was said and done.

As for people not wanting to pay for the this pledge due to it being a translation, I ran the poll a month back regarding this. About 10% of patrons responded that they'd rather not pay, so I anticipated a small portion declining those pledges as well--and that is totally fine. It is YOUR money, and you should only pledge when you want.

Finally, as to Capid saying, "he is charging without having offered nothing just yet."

I'm not sure that is accurate. I released a few version of the prologue which show the system working, the new battle system, etc. I've posted updates consistently for over 15 months with teasers, lore posts, and other perks. I don't think I'm charging without offering anything, I'd hope that my sticking with it, keeping people updated, and keeping things going forward for over a year would earn a bit of trust.

Additionally, consider that this is not a monthly Patreon, and the only patreon I've seen running a similar campaign is Malise and the Machine. Most monthly campaigns have charged you multiple times prior to releasing something as large as chapter 1/Hunter's Quest translation will be. Even Malise ran a few pledge updates for tech demo releases, which I avoided. Even if something crazy happened and I didn't get it released in May, I don't think my charging 1 month in advance was outrageous.

That said, I do believe if I missed the release in May, I'd lose a lot of trust. So baring something truly life altering, it'll be released in May.

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's truly the best adult game out there no doubt. It actually is the only good adult game. Correct me if I'm wrong( please do, besides this and witch trainer(which is more of concept of a good game than a good game itself) I cant find anything that isn't bland, boring and more often than not - utter shit).
Interesting story, gameplay, characters and art style - the dev of the game is headed for greatness ^^

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's truly the best adult game out there no doubt. It actually is the only good adult game. Correct me if I'm wrong( please do, besides this and witch trainer(which is more of concept of a good game than a good game itself) I cant find anything that isn't bland, boring and more often than not - utter shit).
Interesting story, gameplay, characters and art style - the dev of the game is headed for greatness ^^
I think Malise and the Machine looks amazing, and the effort they've put into it is astounding. I've already pledged my $20 for the final game, and don't regret spending a penny. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=26075

The Last Sovereign is quite engaging, but lacking pictures. Still, for storyline and intrigue, a great experience.

I'm liking what I'm seeing in Future Fragments. I'm not sure I'd pledge a high amount monthly, as that is too rich for my blood, but I've pledged enough to get the game and am looking forward to it.

Library Story and Iris Quest both have my attention. And I'd love to see Dahr, Xaljio and Latissa get more support.

Divine Arms looks amazing and unique. For sheer gameplay fun, it might be top dog! http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28071

I don't usually dig 3D CG type games, but Fountain of Mana has intrigued me. It is improving, and I enjoyed the last version (although it had some issues). I really dig the mind reading mechanic and hope he integrates it more. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=27788

Chronicles of Lonvenholm looks good. I need to see more to fully judge, but it is worth watching, if not supporting. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28768

Lily of the Valley is next on my list to try. I've heard a lot of good things about it. I'm a drawn hentai fan first, but good 3D models can hold my attention. I just can't seem to find much interest in most of the current batch of 3D games though. This one may be different. http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?t=28668

This is by no means exhaustive, but there are some good projects in the English pipeline. It is really exciting, and I'm looking forward to when things start getting released--woohoo! Of course, I'm partial to Aylia's Story, so if you want to believe it is the best, I won't stop you :D

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah, what Yummy said in the post above me; ya gotta branch out more, there's far more good English-language based games besides Witch Trainer, lol.

This "current generation" of games being developed and talked about frequently on ULMF (basically everything just listed by Yummy as well as some other ones he didn't mention like Crisis Point by Anon42, and even some completed games like Anthophobia and Overwhored, and of course Aylia's Story itself) is likely going to be heralded as some of the best hentai games ever made by the West once they're complete, etc.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I recomend Urban x Life - as a quality game. It is on patreon but it is assencialy free.

Very big and well made for a western game.
And has my favourite Shotacon ;] even as I would preffer more realistic looking models.

Also Officer Chloe seams to be developing decently.
Icstor games are getting better (especialy Milf Control has decent enough story to it) - but I hate his pricing policy.

For Yummy loosing only 1k $ is actualy pretty good score.

6000-7000$ is 3 months of solid sallary no matter how you look at it.
It is about whan an average person in my country earns in year ... (east europe)

I just hope Chapter 1 is released sooner in May rather than later. As it really starts to overstreach lots of people's patience.

I just hope this money will help you become more involved and dedicated to gamemaking, and not more lazy - as some creators have become after getting their first pay check.

Last edited:

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There are not many games with slow corruption, maybe scalegarden games but yours has bogwort that is unique and fun I love bogwort:D

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

By not having shown anything I meant that unlike future pledge posts, this one does not include the promised translation and chapter 1. I find understandable that people feel wary about making a paid pledge for something they have to wait a minimum of 15 days.

Honestly, if I hadn't seeing chapter 0 I wouldn't have pledged at all for you after all the delays, you did a good work, and that you can see in the number of backers you have. In that regard, you have already proven yourself enough.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

By not having shown anything I meant that unlike future pledge posts, this one does not include the promised translation and chapter 1. I find understandable that people feel wary about making a paid pledge for something they have to wait a minimum of 15 days.

Honestly, if I hadn't seeing chapter 0 I wouldn't have pledged at all for you after all the delays, you did a good work, and that you can see in the number of backers you have. In that regard, you have already proven yourself enough.
Ah, well Future Fragments does not have "pledge posts." They run a monthly campaign. That means they are free to release whenever they want during a month, as they know who are paying patrons and who are not. I don't have that luxury--but, I believe my model is more consumer friendly.

Take Future Fragments for example. If you started supporting them last February, you've pledged money 15 times now. If you started supporting me December 2014, you've pledged once. Granted, you have more builds and game to play with Future Fragments, but that is because they have chosen a monthly model and smaller, incremental releases. The reality is though, that even if you pledge to Future Fragments, you still pledge to get the game in the future. That is how Patreon works, given their monthly charging model.

I don't post this to say that either model is best, or inappropriate. Every developer does it differently, and Future Fragments is a team who works at a faster rate that might be worth monthly pledges. I just know my limitations currently (or have painfully learned them in the past year) and feel that a pledge per update model is far more friendly to the patrons.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

As a personal opinion, I don't support patreons that do not show results in a timely manner, YT, I don't doubt what the folks at Future Fragments do (sorry for being placed in the example), but I simply cannot support economically a project for months without versions or other results to consider that my investment is well placed.

Since your patreon only charges for big updates, as long as you don't jump the gun and charge for bugfixes, or too many times for things unrelated to Aylia's story, I will stay a backer.