What's new

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Absolutely, I completely respect that approach. To be honest, it is a good one. You should always be comfortable with where you're spending your hard-earned cash. That is one thing I LOVE about Patreon, it allows me to release free games for everyone, while providing a viable medium to earn a living. Pretty sweet.

I also want to note, that I did not post that above to bash Future Fragments, just to point out differences in approach. I think HW is making a kick-ass game, and as I stated above, I've already put my money where my mouth is! Now, time to put Talia's mouth... err, nevermind :p

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

without versions or other results to consider that my investment is well placed.
I get your mentality, but just to be clear, we have been posting animations, artwork, showing off new features that are being coded in, lore, storyline, etc every week for quite a while now, so I would say that all falls under "other results" to show proof development is still proceeding.

If you're SOLELY talking demos, then that makes more sense, but also up until now we were doing monthly demos for a while (only had to take a hiatus because of coding the engine into c++), and starting next month we'll be back to monthly demos again, and during this all, Triangulate and I have been doing new art/enemies/features etc.

So IMO, we've been showing progress, but with that, back to the actual topic at hand :p

Last edited:

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've been through the "shit, we need to change engine technologies" train wreck before (not on a hentai project; I do game dev) and it's a nightmare. Even with an awesome team of programmers to help set up good import/export tools for your artists, it's still a train wreck.

It's also frustrating, because from an end product perspective, it feels like you're regressing hard. Even knowing that it's better in the long run, it still hurts.

There's a reason Duke Nukem Forever took decades to launch.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've been through the "shit, we need to change engine technologies" train wreck before (not on a hentai project; I do game dev) and it's a nightmare. Even with an awesome team of programmers to help set up good import/export tools for your artists, it's still a train wreck.

It's also frustrating, because from an end product perspective, it feels like you're regressing hard. Even knowing that it's better in the long run, it still hurts.

There's a reason Duke Nukem Forever took decades to launch.
Yeah, I know whatcha mean. That said, this was just more of a slooowww transition (we were coding it partially in C++ from the get-go, but we needed to fully bring it over to progress with any of the new features).

But, yeah, it's all for the better. That ALSO said, I don't wanna derail the topic anymore by replying to stuff to clarify it :p soooo speaking of Aylia's story, you thinking of hiring any voice actresses?

steve88luv334

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

HentaiWriter I know your being modest as a developer but I have zero doubt that Future Fragments is at or very near the number 1 spot on the list of best western games ever made.

Arena of Audacia and The Fairy, The Succubus, and The Abyss are 2 others that just came to mind that are also amazing. Also Marcelines House and World of Whorecraft.

Last edited:

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Ugh, it's such a bad time for english H-games right now. Aylia's story? Late may. Noxian Nights? Late may. Divine Arms? Probably late may. What the fuck am i supposed to do NOW? Something productive? Don't be silly ._.

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Ugh, it's such a bad time for english H-games right now. Aylia's story? Late may. Noxian Nights? Late may. Divine Arms? Probably late may. What the fuck am i supposed to do NOW? Something productive? Don't be silly ._.
Learn another language (and then get paid by us game devs to translate our games into that said language, win/win) :D

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Or learn japanese, and get so much stuff you won't have the time to visit this forum ever again.

Also, get paid even better to do translations.

Abyss_Nova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Um... Let's say spanish translation, do I need to know about coding and dev stuff?

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score

Um... Let's say spanish translation, do I need to know about coding and dev stuff?
Not really, but knowing the limitation of the game/engine would definitely be useful.

For example, let's say a line in JP took 200 letters, and your translation took 260 letters.

BUT, the game window can only support 250 letters at a time.

Then you have to try to cut down the translation down to within that 250 letter limit or have a really awkward cutoff when it's put into the game.

This is something of case by case basis though, so rather than you have to know it beforehand you'll have to be adaptable.

Capid

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Not really, but knowing the limitation of the game/engine would definitely be useful.

For example, let's say a line in JP took 200 letters, and your translation took 260 letters.

BUT, the game window can only support 250 letters at a time.

Then you have to try to cut down the translation down to within that 250 letter limit or have a really awkward cutoff when it's put into the game.

This is something of case by case basis though, so rather than you have to know it beforehand you'll have to be adaptable.
Well, a good translation is one that while being as faithful as possible, still strives to improve the original, so if you can only support 250 characters, it's time to avoid a literal translation, and get the very best you can get within those 250 characters.

Either that, or make a butchery and a mockery of the original work, like NISA, Atlus USA, or Nintendo of America do on a constant fashion.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I just got an excelent Patron only message from Yummy.

He is postponing Chapter 1 for 3 months, and adding monthly pleadges.

And he is rolling in cocaine he bought for his first paid update ;]

Nice joke Yummy ;p Shouldnt have took it down from Patreon

PS> It is even funnier then you click "show the post" link in your mail - it goes to - "No Patreon account found" error page. I though - great he grabbed the money, deleated Account and went to New Zeland ;]

Abyss_Nova

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, a good translation is one that while being as faithful as possible, still strives to improve the original, so if you can only support 250 characters, it's time to avoid a literal translation, and get the very best you can get within those 250 characters.

Either that, or make a butchery and a mockery of the original work, like NISA, Atlus USA, or Nintendo of America do on a constant fashion.
But I love to do Nintendo mockery translations :(

Spanish is my mother language, even though I'm not very good having a way with words. Better start practicing some coding on RPG maker with Aylia before doing business with anyone.

Zorneus

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Learn another language (and then get paid by us game devs to translate our games into that said language, win/win) :D
I could translate them to german ;)
I worked for an english - german translation fangroup a few years ago
we translated anime/hentai movies and episodes^^

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I can translate into middle eastern allahu Akbar. By the way thnx for all the game suggestions earlier. I found a game or too that peeked my interest. But still I can't see another adult game beating Aylia's story. The hype is real ^^

PeanutGallery

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Does RPGMaker even support Arabic? I assume it has unicode support for Japanese, but does it work with right-justified and right-to-left text display?

Imlerith

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It was a joke. I thought that the allahu Akbar part made it clear.

MasterQ2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

For a second I was worried that I checked the wrong thread: "what they're talking about?" :p

yitan1983

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

any new information Aylia story?'m waiting for Aylia story and this other put it in case anyone wants to see, Aylia story will be soon:rolleyes:

slow corruption is the very best games

Oiz

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

any new information Aylia story?'m waiting for Aylia story and this other put it in case anyone wants to see, Aylia story will be soon:rolleyes:

slow corruption is the very best games
Nope, last message was still the follow-up to his troll post.
But no statements of further delays, so we can still keep our hopes up for mid-may.