What's new

Ericridge

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aylia's Story - English H-Game Goodness!

Sefer, I'm not really sure but I think he was inquiring about how Yummy creates his custom sound effects (Based on the post he made above) and not about how sound problems. Though if it isn't I'm sorry.

Also since I'm posting...HYYYYYYPPPEEE!
In vns, some of the lewd noises is made by two hands simply mashing together if I remember correctly.. source was mangagamer during one of those live shows.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I only ask how yummy will create the sound or if some one make for him or if it a random sound pick up in randome place:eek:and some one explain how work rpg make even :eek:

Sefer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

and some one explain how work rpg make even :eek:
To make a RPGMaker game, you need actual RPGMaker (SDK - Software development kit), not the free part (RTP - Run-time package). RPGMaker itself is sold at rpgmakerweb.com and through other platforms like Steam. I guess i couldn't describe it better than wiki anyway: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPG_Maker

M

mxk1310

I only ask how yummy will create the sound or if some one make for him or if it a random sound pick up in randome place:eek:and some one explain how work rpg make even :eek:
This is not really the place to discuss how RPGMaker works. This is their website, which has basic tutorials as well:

If you are curious about the music files used in the game you can unzip the game and see the soundfiles in BGM and SE folders. The soundfiles are tagged with the creators' names.
Some of them are from some sort of community made music pack on a RPGMaker forum somewhere, as far as I can see.

So no, I don't think Yummy will make sounds/music himself. Of course, Yummy could clarify that best himself.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Why everybody reply something unrelated I Just want know ONLY ONE think : Aylia story will have first choice only yummy tiger sound. second Only x artist sound (or x+y+...) three only free music or other combination or think i dont think about.
Stop answer if you want say unrelated think
(I pretty sure only yummy can answer.)

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking Azope, but I'll explain how sound will work.

For sound effects: The majority of sound effects will be the RPG Maker default. I don't have plans to change things like movement, equipping, doors, etc. What sound effects I do add, will be from free sites online and I will credit them in the game's credits.

For Music: I did commission two songs for Aylia's Story. "Redemption" and "Rise Again," are unique songs created solely for Aylia's Story. I plan to commission more, but do not have anything in the works right now. In addition, I'm using music from a free community RPG Maker pack that was released. I will credit this in the game's credits as well.

In terms of what I need to accomplish related to sound. I need to add sound effects where necessary (dialogue, battle, etc.). I'll need to normalize those effects. I'll then need to find which music I want for certain areas and add that. Finally, I'll need to determine if I want sound effects for sex scenes (moaning, panting, etc.). If I can't find non-cheesy sex sound effects, then I doubt I'll add any for this release at least. I'm considering bringing someone on part-time to handle sound, but we'll see.

Hope that explains things.

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good to hear from you Yummy.

And I'm not entirely sure but I think Azope was asking about how you planned on creating the SFX for the game. Whether you'd use the rpgmaker default, download free ones, or make them. And whether you'd make the music yourself.

I think that this was given the fact that he saw that your custom sound effects was at 20% on your last progress chart post so I'm guessing he was just curious.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

If I remember correctly, I don't remember you ever saying that Aylia's Story would ever get full voice over work, but I remember bringing up the idea one time that some voice work could be done like the Shantae games. Had you ever thought about going that route?

If you are unfamiliar (which I think was your answer last time?), the voice work is pretty much limited to grunts and grumbles to set the character's mood or exclaiming someone's name in either an annoyed or excited manner. You can get the jist of it by watching some of the character trailers for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. I bring it up because I can't help but imagine Christna Vee's voice as a fit for Aylia, cursing Bogwart's name after discovering he's been up to his usual lecherous activities.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

For those interested, here is a comparison of Aylia's revamped faceset. This was one of the last things I had to revamp. I still need to add in her "sad" face. Also, her sleeping and "giving in" faces (the last two spots in her prior faceset are now one a new sheet. Aylia has two faceset sheets.

@Mavski: Gotcha. Well, that 20% is a pretty vague guesstimate as to where I'm at. Sound is about the only area that I don't have a concrete idea of what is left. Still, I don't plan on any extensive sound overhauls, so it should not be a massive undertaking like the art, eventing and battle system were.

@PM21: Checked out a trailer. If I did voices, that is a pretty good example of how I would do it. I have considered small voice addins for attacks, sex grunts/moans, etc. This is something I'll run by patrons down the line. Perhaps chapter 4 or 5 when I'm preparing to finalize the entire game. Still, thanks for the suggestion!

Wiesior

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Lack of moans in hentai game is... not fine. Sorry for no more feedback, but the game seems to be too consistent to give other advices or complains. But this one point you should consider.

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Good to know, also do you plan on finishing and polishing the Sound Department of Aylias Story entirely before releasing Chapter 1, or will you make that a priority later in development Yummy?

And very nice progress on the face sheet Yummy, I can clearly see that the top face sheets quality is better than the bottoms and the eyes looks more defined and less blurry.

Last edited:

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I downloaded the prologue originally just after it was first released - just downloaded the current version.. have to say that the changes over the last 22 months were... underwhelming (sorry).
As per the original, the artwork, characterisations and text remain superb. But for me, the proof will be in the release of a substantial chapter 1.

Apologies if this seems a bit too negative - what there is, is superb, but so it was almost 2 years ago also.

(Appreciate that this is more of a hobby than anything else for the author(s), but when you move into the 'cash for progress' patreon world, then the expectation and commitment of the authors should move away from pure 'hobbyist' towards something more professional, in my view).

Mavski

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

IIRC Yummy said he was slowly going to transition full time to work on the game later in the year.

Also Yummy charges "per game update" and not on a "monthly basis" which means he doesn't get money if he doesn't show any output so I guess you call it a fair trade in terms of exchanging cash for a product.

BackArcher

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yummy, if you are still interested in opinions about facial expressions, I'd mark RJ132271. It has a very charming for me style of drawing. Walking and figting CGs are also good. I know, it wouldn't be very suitable to the AS' style but you could spend some time. Gameplay and plot are not bad either.

OP
YummyTiger

YummyTiger

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I downloaded the prologue originally just after it was first released - just downloaded the current version.. have to say that the changes over the last 22 months were... underwhelming (sorry).
As per the original, the artwork, characterisations and text remain superb. But for me, the proof will be in the release of a substantial chapter 1.

Apologies if this seems a bit too negative - what there is, is superb, but so it was almost 2 years ago also.

(Appreciate that this is more of a hobby than anything else for the author(s), but when you move into the 'cash for progress' patreon world, then the expectation and commitment of the authors should move away from pure 'hobbyist' towards something more professional, in my view).
I should hope they were "underwhelming." Remember, the demo you downloaded was released over a year ago. Meaning, that was the progress in August 2015. If that was where I was at today, I'd probably cry...

I do want to address your last point though. I agree, when you move into the cash for progress patreon world, standards change. Yet, I think those standards change a lot more when you run a monthly campaign. A monthly campaign indicates to me that you're going to achieve significant progress each month that you run a charge. I don't run a monthly campaign, I knew from the get-go that I'd meander my way through this development business, and didn't feel it was fair to charge every month. As such, I gave up that income in order to have the ability to take my time, while not feeling too guilty about it. So, I'm still somewhat of a "hobbyist" in doing this.

@BackArcher: I'll check it out, thanks! The faceset I just posted did have the updated irritated face, which I'm much happier with.

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thank yummy it what i ask for.

philjd

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

...I do want to address your last point though. I agree...
That's a fair point, but having been around the 'net for a while now, this 'world' is full of 'starters' but very few 'finishers' - while for hobbyists it doesn't really matter, for 'professional' developers (those who charge cash), it matters very much, no matter what the 'disclaimers' are.

I have every faith that this will progress (!) and look forward to that progress.

The issue with those who release updates every month and take a huge amount of time to finish the game is that the first parts get boring to those who have been following from kick off, but without constant updates, it is easy to lose faith in all progress. So you guys have to walk a very fine line :)

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Is this game still under development? What kind of fetishes are involved?

Azope

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Is this game still under development? What kind of fetishes are involved?
Yes and almost end of chapter 1 so we all waiting for first chapter release