What's new

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@thepinkone When you enter the Old Mansion, you need to go to the left side from the main hall and enter the door. There are a few puzzles there.

First, you need to go to the furthest room, which is a trap you need to run into. After falling down, survive the increasing number of enemies until a door is revealed on the left side, which will bring you to a room with a switch. After hitting it, you can take the easy path back to the hallway and go a bit further, as the switch deactivated a block barrier.
In that next room, you need to defeat the doppelganger to access the next switch. With that one out of the way, return to the dark pit and head right once down there. You'll find a light switch that will reveal the enemies and turn them harmless.
With the lights turned on, head to the door next to the bookshelves. Feel free to ignore the ghost librarian, and instead double jump up the right wall to hit the third switch. That will open the wall you're stuck on, as well as opening access to a teleport shortcut back to base.

thepinkone

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@thepinkone When you enter the Old Mansion, you need to go to the left side from the main hall and enter the door. There are a few puzzles there.

First, you need to go to the furthest room, which is a trap you need to run into. After falling down, survive the increasing number of enemies until a door is revealed on the left side, which will bring you to a room with a switch. After hitting it, you can take the easy path back to the hallway and go a bit further, as the switch deactivated a block barrier.
In that next room, you need to defeat the doppelganger to access the next switch. With that one out of the way, return to the dark pit and head right once down there. You'll find a light switch that will reveal the enemies and turn them harmless.
With the lights turned on, head to the door next to the bookshelves. Feel free to ignore the ghost librarian, and instead double jump up the right wall to hit the third switch. That will open the wall you're stuck on, as well as opening access to a teleport shortcut back to base.
Ok got it, thank you! Also not sure if this is new, but in the base in Cat Thief's room, there's an enable x-ray button.

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So is anything at all new in B version aside from the mouse panel? Can you at least encounter the mouse herself with her alt. animation like with the rabbits?

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So is anything at all new in B version aside from the mouse panel? Can you at least encounter the mouse herself with her alt. animation like with the rabbits?
Nope, searched the whole thing high and low, the second panel is all there's to it. Besides, the mouse girl encounter is pretty tailored towards her specific map, you couldn't really do much else than another narrow tunnel on the B-Side, anyway.

Zdk15

Reputation score
Heh, I almost wish he would just abandon Forest of Blue Skin already. He's clearly putting all his resources into the Succubus Affection sequel. There's nothing wrong with that, but it seems weird to keep dragging the corpse of this game along.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Heh, I almost wish he would just abandon Forest of Blue Skin already. He's clearly putting all his resources into the Succubus Affection sequel. There's nothing wrong with that, but it seems weird to keep dragging the corpse of this game along.
I get where you're coming from. It's frustrating to see steady progress on everything EXCEPT FOBS. Still, I never expected steady progress on this, so I'm not bothered much by the lack of proper updates. Let's just wait and see what happens. There's hope that FOBS might end up getting adopted by Ansala, even if only faint.

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
There's hope that FOBS might end up getting adopted by Ansala, even if only faint.
Why would you want this? FOBS is really only good as FOBS because zell's the sole worker on it.
We already know what it looks like when Zell works with Ansala to make a FOBS type game. It's Succubus Affection. Succubus Affection is VERY different from FOBS.

Inspector_Whatsup

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@TheUnsaid Because I'd assume that zell retains creative control over the game, presenting his ideas for Ansala to implement. The only difference would probably be a shift to Unity.

Well, at least that's how my ideal vision of that possibility plays out...

TheUnsaid

Reputation score
Because I'd assume that zell retains creative control over the game, presenting his ideas for Ansala to implement. The only difference would probably be a shift to Unity.
Well, at least that's how my ideal vision of that possibility plays out...
If it was a new idea, I'd think that thought process would make sense. Like if zell came out and said he wanted to make an rpg or something.
It's just that we already have the answer to the scenario you proposed :)

If Zell teamed up with Ansala to make a FOBS, it would be Succubus Affection. Succubus Affection has all the core elements of FOBS. It has the whole capturing girls elements, gaining access to new areas element, masturbation element, and gaining monster abilities element. Succubus Affection is clearly what happened once Ansala approached Zell to program FOBS.

SomePlusAnUltra

Reputation score
Hey so I'm pretty new here! Played through the game and got most of the capturable monsters & abilities already, but I can't seem to survive pressing the purple button in the dark forest area. The caged monster keeps capturing 'n life ending me, no matter what I try.

Is there any way to evade or defeat them yet?

Lazyrick

Reputation score
Hey so I'm pretty new here! Played through the game and got most of the capturable monsters & abilities already, but I can't seem to survive pressing the purple button in the dark forest area. The caged monster keeps capturing 'n life ending me, no matter what I try.

Is there any way to evade or defeat them yet?
That's the frankenstein right? you need to use the Elf's speed boost ability. As soon as you hit the switch, hoof it back the way you came. It'll be real close, but she'll get blocked by the ceiling. you can now continue exploring that area. You eventually find a switch that'll shut her down and let you capture her.

Nieldoe

Lurker
Reputation score
New edit on R34xxx from me, this time for the

Lots of additional touches here outside of the scope of the game.

wallgopreview.png

And before anyone asks, yes I have in fact went mad with power... 🙃

Last edited:

decentfelllla

Reputation score
Reminder: save with no clickies, provided by Kamil https://ulmf.org/threads/zell23-forest-of-the-blue-skin.6948/post-1074997
Savefile is compatible between A and B versions of FOBS.

I finally went through the trouble of double-checking it (since it's a waste and a shame to use a 100% save with FOBS imho). This save is:
- 100% for verB (I think)
- 98% for verA (missing alt.tittimp and something in Red mansion)

edit: voila - now it's 100% for both versions. Feel free to edit OP, @super_slicer. I've tagged Pico about that before to no avail.
much thanks, really saved my ass

Nieldoe

Lurker
Reputation score
After many years of holding a monopoly on Zell content, someone else has joined the efforts of making FobS edits next to me. Meet Ikpark37:

ikpark.png ikpark2.png

Link 1:
Link2 :