What's new

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Uh? we had a summoning spell to summon a Titan? What are the sigil and ingredients? :p Pokeball required?

To list, not my complaints, but my main 3 thoughts about 'how to make FOBS even better':
- Synergy between monsters (like Aesthetic mentioned); for instance, having a random draw out of pool of possible spawns in an area. Cat girl + cat mage was a nice, unused example. Many other combinations would be interesting to fight against as 3-4 mobs (we might see some of that in FOBS_B if the alternate recollection room is any clue)
- multiple girls on 1 hero; the girls play with themselves, instead of joing the fun :'( it's be nice to have a few extra animations (boosting the 'resist' difficulty, of course) to spice up the game and make it more difficult
- reversable rape / BF-style: all H outside the (cat burglar and) the recollection room is reverse rape. It'd be nice to beat the girls at their own game; like, struggling with 'up/down', would reverse the hold to f@ck her into defeat instead

I'd say, be wary with general mechanics like Jump height or gravity, because it's hard to know for sure how it will alter the game as a whole - be it fights or reachable locations.
FOBS is one of the very few games I can say, 'are fine as they are' - they just leave wanting more of the same. But some thinking outside the box and the initial guideline, can also be interesting.

Will Not Available

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
While thinking of the reason why id didn't want the buffs to be passive instead of active(as they are now), i remembered of a certain little ability related to what y'all talking about. the double jump... sooo, how would you guys fix it, the stamina thing would cause little problem, its controlled jump where i see it.
Do you replicate the jump you just did;
do you also charge it mid-air, in which case you have to charge the initial on the ground and thus can't be controlled mid-jump, as some were talking about;
do you have it as a set force, which would then defeat the idea of having a chargeable jump as you could double tap and get an instant large jump, or is it kinda "the opposite" and it's just a small boost;
or my final idea, it's a muliplier on the jump height\gravity?

Either way I'm sure there will be many other problems relating to changing the controls, but on my initial point, the only reason i have as to why i would hate the buffs to be passive is basically i would like to always go fast or deal more damage, unless you just make the buffs toggable. in which case nevermind i guess?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TL DR: me have good smart; double jump bad for y'alls ideas

PS: sorry for the lack of ponctuation\organisation and me not caring nor bothering with fixing it.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Uh? we had a summoning spell to summon a Titan? What are the sigil and ingredients? :p Pokeball required?
Lol all you need is an @ sign XD
To list, not my complaints, but my main 3 thoughts about 'how to make FOBS even better':
- Synergy between monsters (like Aesthetic mentioned); for instance, having a random draw out of pool of possible spawns in an area. Cat girl + cat mage was a nice, unused example. Many other combinations would be interesting to fight against as 3-4 mobs (we might see some of that in FOBS_B if the alternate recollection room is any clue)
- multiple girls on 1 hero; the girls play with themselves, instead of joing the fun :'( it's be nice to have a few extra animations (boosting the 'resist' difficulty, of course) to spice up the game and make it more difficult
- reversable rape / BF-style: all H outside the (cat burglar and) the recollection room is reverse rape. It'd be nice to beat the girls at their own game; like, struggling with 'up/down', would reverse the hold to f@ck her into defeat instead

I'd say, be wary with general mechanics like Jump height or gravity, because it's hard to know for sure how it will alter the game as a whole - be it fights or reachable locations.
FOBS is one of the very few games I can say, 'are fine as they are' - they just leave wanting more of the same. But some thinking outside the box and the initial guideline, can also be interesting.
I'll respond to this in order.
- Yeah monster combinations are sorely missing. Even regional monsters could help each other a ton. The hopping blonde girls are a really aggressive type that can be helped by slime projectiles and stuff like that.
- This is impossible. Anything that would require more ART is impossible.
- I mean...Titan and I both agree that the reason we even like Zell's game is the focus on reverse rape. Male aggressor's so frighteningly common that we both latch onto games that flip the roles like this. Wouldn't want to take away the identity of the game. Also it's more ART anyway. Impossible.

Regarding jump height and gravity, the point is to kind of alter the game as a whole in a sense. Now you can't just hop over kappa. Now platforming isn't as easy. Now you have to properly jump over the ant-girl pits. It's a game changing aspect on purpose and all the parts it changes is for the positive.

While thinking of the reason why id didn't want the buffs to be passive instead of active(as they are now), i remembered of a certain little ability related to what y'all talking about. the double jump... sooo, how would you guys fix it, the stamina thing would cause little problem, its controlled jump where i see it.
Do you replicate the jump you just did;
do you also charge it mid-air, in which case you have to charge the initial on the ground and thus can't be controlled mid-jump, as some were talking about;
do you have it as a set force, which would then defeat the idea of having a chargeable jump as you could double tap and get an instant large jump, or is it kinda "the opposite" and it's just a small boost;
or my final idea, it's a muliplier on the jump height\gravity?

Either way I'm sure there will be many other problems relating to changing the controls, but on my initial point, the only reason i have as to why i would hate the buffs to be passive is basically i would like to always go fast or deal more damage, unless you just make the buffs toggable. in which case nevermind i guess?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TL DR: me have good smart; double jump bad for y'alls ideas

PS: sorry for the lack of ponctuation\organisation and me not caring nor bothering with fixing it.
I don't quite understand the english in your post.

But yeah some abilities would just be passively accessible like double jump after you get it. We could make running a double tap in a direction, and make the attacking toggleable. It'll take more stamina to attack but you do more base damage and have more range.

Jump won't be spiderman 2 jumping so double jump will work just fine.

Let's not have a stamina bar. The struggle system hurts my fingers enough.
We don't intend to take FOBS away from Zell. He'll still be releasing his main game, and if he complains to us even once, the projects gonna end right there and then. Don't worry about that.

Hezzy

Lurker
Reputation score
Aesthetic you should probably make your own game instead of coming up with an excuse to steal Zell's artwork. Let's be frank here, he's not going to approve of you making a game with "design improvements" using his art and game name.

It's not a mod for FOBs. You're making your own game, it's very clear by the design ideas you're posting here. So find an artist and make original art like everyone else. Or own up to the fact that you're just stealing art.

Also you might want to make your own thread for your game, since it's not a mod for FOBs I have doubts posts about it belong here. If I were making a MGQ inspired game I wouldn't post about it in the MGQ thread.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Aesthetic you should probably make your own game instead of coming up with an excuse to steal Zell's artwork. Let's be frank here, he's not going to approve of you making a game with "design improvements" using his art and game name.

It's not a mod for FOBs. You're making your own game, it's very clear by the design ideas you're posting here. So find an artist and make original art like everyone else. Or own up to the fact that you're just stealing art.

Also you might want to make your own thread for your game, since it's not a mod for FOBs I have doubts posts about it belong here. If I were making a MGQ inspired game I wouldn't post about it in the MGQ thread.
Stealing hunh.
I'm not making money from it, nor do i intend to.

If I was making a game that I distributed for free, I wouldn't mind if fans wanted to make modifications to it. I do intend to contact him and get his approval as well.

"It's not a mod for FOBs. You're making your own game,"
Does it really sound that different? Monster catching is the same. Level locations the same. Enemy attack patterns largely the same. It'll just be harder with a new resource to manage, stamina, variable length jumping, a few changes to enemies, level design and qol improvements.

Doesn't MGQ have a mode where you can write fan scenarios? You can even create your own skills for that fan scenario. There's a modder whose creating his own custom scenario in SHRIFT as well. That game's not even free XD.

Wish it was easy to just find an artist and a programmer willing to work on content like this with the skill, and the time.

goodolrub

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
i thought zell released another update,but all i see is people talking about "improving" his game.

Hezzy

Lurker
Reputation score
Stealing hunh.
I'm not making money from it, nor do i intend to.

If I was making a game that I distributed for free, I wouldn't mind if fans wanted to make modifications to it. I do intend to contact him and get his approval as well.

"It's not a mod for FOBs. You're making your own game,"
Does it really sound that different? Monster catching is the same. Level locations the same. Enemy attack patterns largely the same. It'll just be harder with a new resource to manage, stamina, variable length jumping, a few changes to enemies, level design and qol improvements.

Doesn't MGQ have a mode where you can write fan scenarios? You can even create your own skills for that fan scenario. There's a modder whose creating his own custom scenario in SHRIFT as well. That game's not even free XD.

Wish it was easy to just find an artist and a programmer willing to work on content like this with the skill, and the time.
Doesn't matter if you're making money off it or not. You're taking Zell's art and making your own thing with it. Zell isn't selling FOBS either, doesn't mean you can just rip it and use it in your own game. Using a "improved fan project" as an excuse doesn't make it any better.

The difference between a mod and an original game is real easy. Does your content run on top of the FOBS exe? As in, does it require FOBS' executable to run? Then it's a mod. If you're running your own binary, it's a new game. Plain and simple. I specifically said "MGQ inspired game" not "MGQ mod". Case in point: MGQ mods require the game itself to run the custom stories.

You know how sensitive Japanese artists are to these sorts of things. It's an abuse of their trust. You mentioned yourself how sensitive you know Zell is. If you enjoy the game and respect Zell then you wouldn't even think of using his art and name for a new game. It's absurd you'd think he'd ever give you permission.

Nothing is stopping you from ripping all the art out of FOBS and using it in your own bootleg FOBS. Just don't pretend like it's not thinly veiled art theft and something likely to get westerners Geo blocked from his site.

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Doesn't matter if you're making money off it or not. You're taking Zell's art and making your own thing with it. Zell isn't selling FOBS either, doesn't mean you can just rip it and use it in your own game. Using a "improved fan project" as an excuse doesn't make it any better.

The difference between a mod and an original game is real easy. Does your content run on top of the FOBS exe? As in, does it require FOBS' executable to run? Then it's a mod. If you're running your own binary, it's a new game. Plain and simple. I specifically said "MGQ inspired game" not "MGQ mod". Case in point: MGQ mods require the game itself to run the custom stories.

You know how sensitive Japanese artists are to these sorts of things. It's an abuse of their trust. You mentioned yourself how sensitive you know Zell is. If you enjoy the game and respect Zell then you wouldn't even think of using his art and name for a new game. It's absurd you'd think he'd ever give you permission.

Nothing is stopping you from ripping all the art out of FOBS and using it in your own bootleg FOBS. Just don't pretend like it's not thinly veiled art theft and something likely to get westerners Geo blocked from his site.
I guess you have a point regarding the definition of mod. I'll hold off then. Wouldn't want to risk future content because of my own selfishness. Haha just got bored and wanted to do something is all. After talking with a friend about what he "could" do to make it better I started thinking I "should" do it.

Thx for being brutally honest with me everyone.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Progress report:
We're looking at 3-4 7-8 weeks for next FOBS_B version (New area, 4-5 enemies, selectable alternate 'ejaculation gauge')

edited: apparently I can't tell April from May... :geek: thx Seapriap (edit2: nah I looked my clock, saw a big 4, it gave me a good embarrassed laugh)

Last edited:

Seapriap

Reputation score
Not really 3-4 weeks. He said the beginning of June.
次回"Bver1.02"のアップデート時期は6月上旬を予定しています
On top of that, here you have an (posted on April 8).

/edit: No problem, Strange :D Didn't want to sound rude on that one, so sry if it sounded like that

Last edited:

ameleea

Reputation score
anyone here have complete walkthrough of this game? I'm kinda interested in playing this

Will Not Available

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
anyone here have complete walkthrough of this game? I'm kinda interested in playing this
I'm gonna be that guy and say that if you want to play this game you really shouldn't look for a guide, as a big part of it is to discover for yourself. Either way on the first page there's a link to a guide...

PS start on version A since it's the "1st part" of the game

bluna

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
New update.

Looks like there's going to be more monsters/animations than he stated in his previous update.
Up until now, he's been spending time creating panels for those that scored high on the popularity polls, but it looks like he's lifting that restriction so that he can animate whatever he wants. He's also going back on the "one extra panel per monster" rule - meaning one monster may have multiple extra panels.

Hopefully with this, some of the mons with disappointing panels... *looks at brown bunny*...can get second chance...

Aesthetic

Reputation score
Not included in the upcoming update in June, but coming soon: internal shots. You can turn them on or off at your will.
His problem is that the animations need to be synced and it may be hard.

Isn't the reason he split FOBS into two because he ran out of memory? The internal shot images look quite large. He's hampering himself on that front again imo.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Isn't the reason he split FOBS into two because he ran out of memory? The internal shot images look quite large. He's hampering himself on that front again imo.
Fear not, good sir. Someone who actually used this Fighter Maker would tell better than I would, but:

The engine is capped (among other things) on the number of actors (ie, cute Monter Girls). We can expect FOBS_B to hold for 2-3 more years before FOBS_C.
Remember that "Shota got transformed into a bulging magical girl and has to fight off a bunch of alien girls" ? That game was split into 3 (4?) parts because of the same limitation.

tl/dr: we're good, we can safely(?) keep drooling until next update(s) :D