What's new

ACT Unknown/Hiatus [Zicare] Unforbidden

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Gotta say this is one of many game makers that bites more that they could chew.

Reputation score
Yes... the game is ancient but I was going to play it again this week but realized I don't have it on the PC anymore, or my back up drive and Zikare seems to have removed the download page for it.

In short, does anyone have it still and if so, can they share?
I've got it, but the PM/conversation system is being really goddamn frustrating for some reason.

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "

Uh-huh, sure thing ULMF. My two-sentence conversation/PM with someone is somehow unallowed or inappropriate. Riiiight. And this is despite reformatting/changing it half a dozen times to see if it worked any better (it didn't). 🤦‍♂️

ex12345

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So wait, it was a free-to-download game demo that has been lost to time, yet he got banned for asking for it? How else was he supposed to find it?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I've got it, but the PM/conversation system is being really goddamn frustrating for some reason.

"Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator. "

Uh-huh, sure thing ULMF. My two-sentence conversation/PM with someone is somehow unallowed or inappropriate. Riiiight. And this is despite reformatting/changing it half a dozen times to see if it worked any better (it didn't). 🤦‍♂️
It's because you have less than 5 posts and are trying to PM a link. This is to prevent spambots from PM'ing everyone.

But at least the bans for not using PM for links are working!
Don't worry, those will never not be functional.

So wait, it was a free-to-download game demo that has been lost to time, yet he got banned for asking for it? How else was he supposed to find it?
linkbegging is linkbegging is linkbegging, the only time what you're begging for matters is when it's one of the exceptions explicitly outlined in the rules.

Reputation score
It's because you have less than 5 posts and are trying to PM a link. This is to prevent spambots from PM'ing everyone.

Don't worry, those will never not be functional.

linkbegging is linkbegging is linkbegging, the only time what you're begging for matters is when it's one of the exceptions explicitly outlined in the rules.
Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it. I realize my previous message might seem a bit... frustrated. Sorry about that.
I thought I'd looked through the rules pretty carefully, but I don't recall seeing that one mentioned anywhere. I assume I just missed it somehow?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
The PM deal isn't really a rule, it's a site-wide spam filter with various other functions we had to implement to combat the recent wave of spambots.

For linkbegging https://ulmf.org/threads/read-before-posting.12166/ rule #2. If that's what you're asking about? Don't think so, but may as well post it in case.

A Lost Cat

Lurker
Reputation score
Seeing this thread show back up reminds me of how about every 4-8 months i check the site and am disappointed to not see any updates. I should've given up a long time ago, game doesn't play THAT well, and the models are rapidly comparing worse and worse with newer things...

....but i still go back, and check again. At the same time as checking Kyrieru's site, and UrielmanX's space escape. The only one i ever get payoff from is Kyrieru's.

Reputation score
Seeing this thread show back up reminds me of how about every 4-8 months i check the site and am disappointed to not see any updates. I should've given up a long time ago, game doesn't play THAT well, and the models are rapidly comparing worse and worse with newer things...

....but i still go back, and check again. At the same time as checking Kyrieru's site, and UrielmanX's space escape. The only one i ever get payoff from is Kyrieru's.

SpaceEscape has seen some recent improvements/progress, actually.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score
Unforbidden... was this that one where you played not-Lara Croft in Spess, crash landing on a planet full of horny animals?

Q009

Reputation score
The game demo and horse video demo was great work ,sad it gone :(

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
hey, i found the old demo on my hard drive.
Thanks for that.

As for the ban, for some reason I just figured it applied to pay to play games and not freebie games. So my apologies to the mods for breaking one of the rules, won't do that again.

As for the game, its a damn shame Zikare didn't finish it or even put out a demo that was 40-50% completed. I think his next goal was horses which didn't interest me, but I would have liked to have seen added dialog and maybe some form of bipedal animal or creature. The dialog and corruption feature are the two things that kind of set the game apart from many of the others but the last tweet from Zikare was back in 2017 I believe.

Last edited:

Q009

Reputation score
hey, i found the old demo on my hard drive.

have fun.

P.s. turn in Options belly bulging off or the animations wont work
neat but now this really make me miss the horse video now the blog gone :(

Last edited:

mcHy

Reputation score
I cant remeber any horse Video from his blog. the only Thing i remember is the dog VR test Video.

Q009

Reputation score
I cant remeber any horse Video from his blog. the only Thing i remember is the dog VR test Video.
don't remind that but page nine someone talk of the horse animation

Deviancy

Demon Girl
Reputation score
don't remind that but page nine someone talk of the horse animation
Zikare could have made a nice little profit if he finished the game, imagine quite a few would have paid for it but he probably found greener pastures in the really real world and didn't have the time to do both. He also was talking about taking on other projects, so I think he may have been like, "eh, I'm done".

But who knows, maybe he'll come across this thread and see how its still getting a lot of attention and get re-interested?

UsedCashew

Reputation score
Re: Unforbidden (platformer)

Hey everyone.

I see a lot of cynicism and I guess I deserve it. I chickened out and didn't post a "project is on hiatus" message.

There wasn't a definitive date when I thought "oh, you can't work on this project anymore," rather, I tried to split my time with freelancing. As I've written on my blog, it pays well, but we're usually the guys who get crazy deadlines because we don't have overtime pay and our compensation can be haggled about :rolleyes:

So step by step, I got behind on my game and soon it was months since the last post.

Anyway, I'm trying to grow some balls here and get this back together now. I kept my identity and revealed what happened.

Let me respond to a few things:

I really suck at doing a full-time job and splitting my attention with a moonlighting gig. It's exactly what I tried for the first year and sorry, I don't have the energy to do both.

So for three years I've put away every penny and yes, I'm now absolutely going to do "the single dumbest thing I can possibly do" :D

What I think is that I have one year to finish my game, that's all :p

To prove that I can finish things, I postponed a Patreon launch and I'm completing + releasing a smaller game before going back to Unforbidden. That probably won't convince everyone I've burned, but I think it's a start.

I'm perfectly fine if most people prefer to watch from a distance whether this is for real or not. My path to redemption has to start somewhere... :eek:

I have no financial issues for the next 12 months (and hopefully a bit longer). Even if I fail, I hope to at least finish my game this time before going back to freelancing or employment.

So far I haven't deleted or left unpublished a single comment.

I was expecting a lot more flak myself (which was one of the reasons I chickened out posting for so long).

I will.

This is the plan: .

Going by the comments on my blog, more people than not want to me to immediately resume work on Unforbidden rather than do mini games. As soon as I have finished my current mini game (aiming for this or the next week) I'll have to decide what next. There's a pretty good chance Unforbidden will be next.

Hey Zikare! I am not sure if you remember me, but I can't seem to get back on your blog, it says 404 error or whatever. I have the very first demo still and I wish I could return to the blog and see all the work you've done. Is there any way I can get back onto it?

ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat

The Gentleman Thief
Reputation score
Hey Zikare! I am not sure if you remember me, but I can't seem to get back on your blog, it says 404 error or whatever. I have the very first demo still and I wish I could return to the blog and see all the work you've done. Is there any way I can get back onto it?
You do realize that you're replying to a 3 year old message, right? And that he hasn't been to these forums in 3 years?

Anyway the blog and the game is dead. There's no way to get back to it because it no longer exists.