What's new

SIM [ cmacleod42] Slavemaker Revised Now up to 3.2.06 2/18/12

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Slavemaker Revised Now up to 3.0

Forgive me if I am ignorant but what is the point of a patch, can we join it with the original or is it "just there"? Cuz I would like to be able to save my game files which I can't do with the 3.0.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Forgive me if I am ignorant but what is the point of a patch, can we join it with the original or is it "just there"? Cuz I would like to be able to save my game files which I can't do with the 3.0.
The way CMacleod did "patch" versions, previously, was to include only those files which had changes in the patch archive.

To use it, extract the original (3.0) somewhere, then extract the patch (3.02) to the same location. Your extractor program will give you a warning about overwriting files; tell it to go ahead and overwrite them. Now play the game.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Basically, patches in games are the same as patches in clothing. If the original clothing has a hole in it, you apply a patch to fix it. A square inch of fabric might work as a patch for a pair of pants, but you'll be arrested if the only clothing you are wearing is that small patch of cloth on your knee.

As DeMatt said, CMacleod does patches in such a way that they are supposed to overwrite the flawed codes with corrected coding by applying them to the original project (In effect, you are sewing the cloth patch over the hole in your pants as well as the fray fabric surrounding the hole).

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

i eventually figured it out >_< thanks thuogh

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ugh... Here's a little heads-up: If you want to keep Minako as a slave, accept her offer of love. Seriously, with all the running around you have to do to get the 'cat saviour' ending, there's now way you can get her stats up high enough for bought back; not to mention, most of her stats are capped at 80, no matter what your max is.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Is it even worth it?

I haven't trained a single slave yet with a decent effect as an assistant. I was hoping for some sort of increased tentacle chance or safer assault with reisz, but noooo she doesn't even get one. The only one I could see worth using over shampoo is kasumi POSSIBLY to get more night actions earlier, but shampoo's effect is global which means it's probably twelve times better. so is minako even worth keeping?

SilentSilth

Lurker
Former Moderator
Reputation score

Unless you want to 'retrain' her for better renown later on... No.

And even then, I have no idea how to retrain a girl.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Don't seem to get random tentacle encounters. As Rieze. And yes, I've got it on common.

KittyPrincess

Lurker
Reputation score

My attack is caped at 50, anyone have any idea why?

My defense is also 50, but it doesn't say limited. My weapon skill is at 100.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Attack and defense are both supposed to be capped there, it's to encourage you to get a weapon.

KittyPrincess

Lurker
Reputation score

I see, so after my attack and defense are at 50, and my renown is at 100, what do you suggest I do from there?

KittyPrincess

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, there has been mention of the secured area next to the slums, but I cant seem to get any more information then that. Is getting there in the game yet?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Nope, I believe that's the explorable dungeon that's suppposed to be added in one of the upcoming versions.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't seem to get random tentacle encounters. As Rieze. And yes, I've got it on common.
I managed to get one with Reisz just now. It was with the futa slavemaker with tentacle-monster-sense, and I sorta scared it off, but I can confirm they show up.

Maybe you're just having a run of bad luck?

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If you have a weapon of any sort, there is a high chance that tentacle encounters will have the tentacles run away.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Slavemaker Revised Now up to 3.02

Mmmmm.... There's a singing stat in game but I am at loss to find any trainers for it... Anyone care to help point me in a good direction?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Oh wait... I think my slavemaker makes it so that tentacle attacks don't happen x.x

Which seems to be the ONLY thing it does right now.

ultima666

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

other link faster
V3.0 part 1:
V3.0 part 2:
V3.0 part 3:

Patch from 3.0 to 3.02:

gem1n1

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Mmmmm.... There's a singing stat in game but I am at loss to find any trainers for it... Anyone care to help point me in a good direction?
There isn't yet a way to train up singing - look for it in future versions.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There isn't yet a way to train up singing - look for it in future versions.
From the change log for 3.03...

Some small changes
a) There is now a Singing tutor
Now, I don't know where it is yet... but it ought to be in there somewhere.